The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Toni Lieto, journalist of the German sports magazine Kicker and home expert Schalke04, expressed himself exclusively to the microphones of MilanNews.it on Milan's interest in Thiaw: "The interest of Milan for Thiaw is concrete; the player has a contract with Schalke04 until 2024 signed in 2020, but could also start immediately with a suitable offer. Yesterday Thiaw was not present at training with the team to manage the loads of work ': it is not a falsehood, as it is equally true that there are negotiations underway for him ".

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isn't the Bajrami link for the summer?

Signing him now would be very nice. Samu replacement?
I doubt that Empoli would let him go in the winter, unless they're that desperate for the money.

Again, if he can also play as a winger, I would genuinely prefer him to Faivre. He's been so impressive this season for Empoli.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course. Thiaw currently plays second tier bundes football. He will replace Gabbia
Do we want to replace Gabbia that badly? By all accounts, he isn't starter material yet but was decent in his cameos right?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do we want to replace Gabbia that badly? By all accounts, he isn't starter material yet but was decent in his cameos right?
Think this has more to do with Capitano and Kjaer than Gabbia

Wasn't the plan to loan Gabbia anyway

Thiaw seems like a much better fit for how this side defends

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
So what?

They happened.
Also it isn't catastrophic injuries that made us drop points to minnows and you can't have it both ways.

We praise Pioli for continuing to win despite the injuries and keep banging the we are 2nd drum but now inter would be a distant third???

We would be a few points ahead or tied at the top in a three way with Napoli. Inter do what they are supposed to do and it's why they lead.

Also injury and prevention of them is part of the sport. You can have some bad injuries but every year now??? And some are clearly because of the players at the club - those aren't a mystery.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Think this has more to do with Capitano and Kjaer than Gabbia

Wasn't the plan to loan Gabbia anyway

Thiaw seems like a much better fit for how this side defends
I think Gabbia will be sold in the summer similar to the Cutrone operation. I think since it’s pure profit, a Gabbia sale of say 10-13m can cover the amortization cost of buying Botman for the first year

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

He would be quite capable in a low block defensive setup. That's the opposite of what this Milan plays. Modern high line aggression. Next season might be the most aggressive Milan side we see playing out from the back. There have been a few recent links to Gabbia's departure.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let me tell you what will happen in the next days:
Samu will not leave because of some idiotic reason like a sprained penis during an orgy with dwarfs.
We won't get Thiaw because we will refuse to pay for the taxi of his agents.
We will reportedly block Botman/Bremer just to find out in the summer that we can't afford them.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
He would be quite capable in a low block defensive setup. That's the opposite of what this Milan plays. Modern high line aggression. Next season might be the most aggressive Milan side we see playing out from the back. There have been a few recent links to Gabbia's departure.

Yep and it’s why Romagnoli struggles at times too

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
In summer I want to see:

-We sell players which are in our plans or wont sign new deal.
-We get at least 1-2 proven CB if Romagnoli end contract.(Botman, Milenkovic, Bremer)
-We get proven CF(Belloti for free).
-We get proven CM(Renato Sanches)
-We get young fast Leao or Rebic style RW.

I dont mind our financial politics, but if Milan want to be good place for youngsters. It cannot be cheap place. If we see some very good youngster and he is top 1 on the list . We need get him at any cost.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also it isn't catastrophic injuries that made us drop points to minnows and you can't have it both ways.
Refs have had a hand in that. Did you watch Inter's last game against Venezia? Empoli? Sassuolo?

Have you seen the refs against us with Verona? Roma? Napoli? Spezia?
We praise Pioli for continuing to win despite the injuries and keep banging the we are 2nd drum but now inter would be a distant third???
When all three teams were fit, Milan and Napoli were comfortably ahead of Inter.
Also injury and prevention of them is part of the sport. You can have some bad injuries but every year now??? And some are clearly because of the players at the club - those aren't a mystery.
This is something I've said a lot. So, cool.

However, ACL injuries are random. Osimhen getting massive facial fractures is not that common though. Tomori hurting his meniscus is random. Covid hitting our team harder is random.

Inter have lucked out.

But that doesn't change the fact that, and I'd like to underline this point: all the things that the "hey, this is reasonable spending for a title" squad want, Napoli have done that. What if you spend wrong? What if you spend, just to spend, and are held ransom by a player like... hm, I dunno, let me think... Samu Castillejo? Or when you get players who get injuries, since y'know, they're part of the game, like Conti? Or Caldara?

Inter have been very fortunate, we have been very unfortunate. I'm not sure how pointing that out is some silly thing. Until I see Inter deal with even some of the issues that have plagued us, I'm not sure why saying we've done a better job (minus the athletic training staff) is such a controversial take?

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
He walked off. Tried to play it off at first, but then couldn’t Looked muscular in nature but who knows. No one touched him though.
Faking it so he doesnt have to face the wrath of Milan fans

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did it look bad?
He had to keep stopping. I thought it was a leg injury, but then he was pointing to his abs, like, around his rib-cage. They initially got the stretcher out for him, but he turned it down.

So, it looks like he might have hurt his ribs because he made this motion where he looked like he was miming that when he moves his body that he feels pain in his side.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Bremer will go to Inter. Read that Inter and Bremer have an agrement and now they are working to find an agrement with Torino aswell

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still kinda wish we had taken Ikone. He’s fit our direct style, fast as shit and didn’t cost fiorentina a lot of money

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know this comment will get you likes but it's far from the truth. In the glory days, we were never this cheap. We weren't quite Real Madrid but we spent like a big club should to address squad weaknesses. And more importantly, we paid our stars well. You simply can't compare what we're doing now to what we did in the "glory days".

We are not glory days yet though, at the moment every million counts. Since we still have several stop gaps and weaknesses there is no point in committing to single targets. If Schalke wants to scam you into paying 10m we still have the luxury to move on. There will be a point in the future where we have to commit for the last % of improval.

That we don‘t pay our players well couldn‘t be further from the truth, we pay nice wages and Milan is one of the clubs that often gets commended for the pleasant conditions. Unless you think that we should pay Kessie 8m+ to qualify as paying players well.
In my book paying players well doesn‘t mean that you have to throw common sense over board.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Longo saying Milan will bring in Bajrami or Faivre depending on the future of Messias...

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol I hope Kessie signed that big Barca offer before getting hurt.

I’m kind of frustrated with our intention of investing more money into our defense when it seeks to be our attack that is the bigger issue. Ibra, Giroud, Sael, Messias, and Diaz have all proven not to be up to it this season, but we are are only linked with spending on CBs.

Just like last year our Scudetto challenge is falling short because our attack is impotent at times. Kalulu and Romagnoli held Juventus scoreless comfortably, I think the bigger issue we face is inconsistency in attack. We do put up a lot of goals over the course of the season, but there are matches where our attack disappears completely.

I’d almost extend Tractorgnoli and save the investment on a CAM, RW, or CF.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like Bremer will go to Inter. Read that Inter and Bremer have an agrement and now they are working to find an agrement with Torino aswell
Dont trust majority of news.

According to many inter had secured scamaca and fratesi for summer. Both d cost over 60M. Not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.