The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That was manufactured though - they had money to pay him, they just breached the new rules instituted
- or is there more to it than that?
La Liga had to institute rules to prevent Barca from destroying itself. They could not afford Messi. Messi due to Spanish law could not take a reduction in his wages over 50%. If you want to be cynical, you could say that he didn't want to either. Barca knew of these laws. They knew of what was going to happen. There was nothing manufactured.

The fact that La Liga has to institute restrictions on what Barca spend is to prevent them from spiraling into oblivion. These loans that they are taking out are so they can cover their insane losses. So it's manufactured insofar as Barca could hypothetically take out more money from banks to pay Messi's (reduced) 70m-a-year salary, but that would add 70m-a-year more to their losses. Even without his salary they were still over the salary-to-revenue ratio necessary to register their free signings. They had to get rid of players (and Aguero retiring) in order to register Ferran Torres, who cost them 7-9m in salary and amortization costs for this 6 months of salary, alone. They will have to do this again in the summer, hence their treatment of Dembele.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Barbara dated Pato:ibralol:

Who from women's team did Berlusconi date?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
According to reports by Patrick Berger, journalist of Sport 1, Schalke 04 would have rejected the first offer from Milan for Malick Thiaw equal to six million euros. The two clubs continue to negotiate even if the will of the German company seems clear enough, as they would prefer to have the player leave directly in the summer.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Probably a club with higher revenue than us.

I know all this FFP stuff is shady, but we're really vulnerable to it.
Did we accept our punishment instead of paying our way out of it, or promising to fix our books over the next few years.
I mean City didnt have the means (by FFP) and they dropped money building up the academy and infrastructure to get around it. PSG I think was the one in "trouble" and they paid a fine iirc.

Our current owners will take the pragmatic way out instead of enthusiastically bypassing all of that

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
#KESSIE : Doctors have already contacted the Ivory Coast health staff. He reported a costal trauma to be evaluated upon re-entry with exams.

#IBRA : Injuries were excluded.
Right Achilles tendon inflammation confirmed.

Vitiello & Longo

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
More than one thing can be true.
Bravo - progress
Multiple people have been saying that (myself included) but once again your statement read as definitive and thats why it was questioned by more than one person.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
#KESSIE : Doctors have already contacted the Ivory Coast health staff. He reported a costal trauma to be evaluated upon re-entry with exams.

Vitiello & Longo
Feels like AFCON just started, and if Kessie's injury isn't too serious we have gotten back both the players that matter already.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Vitiello & Longo
They're Collaborating now?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wow, you're not going to post an oprah or harvey gif meme for the 9 millionth time? WTF?
Oprah gifs? Thats so 2020.
Where have u been?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
La Liga had to institute rules to prevent Barca from destroying itself. They could not afford Messi. Messi due to Spanish law could not take a reduction in his wages over 50%. If you want to be cynical, you could say that he didn't want to either. Barca knew of these laws. They knew of what was going to happen. There was nothing manufactured.

The fact that La Liga has to institute restrictions on what Barca spend is to prevent them from spiraling into oblivion. These loans that they are taking out are so they can cover their insane losses. So it's manufactured insofar as Barca could hypothetically take out more money from banks to pay Messi's (reduced) 70m-a-year salary, but that would add 70m-a-year more to their losses. Even without his salary they were still over the salary-to-revenue ratio necessary to register their free signings. They had to get rid of players (and Aguero retiring) in order to register Ferran Torres, who cost them 7-9m in salary and amortization costs for this 6 months of salary, alone. They will have to do this again in the summer, hence their treatment of Dembele.
The only reason I used the word manufactured is because it wasnt a rule previously.

Spanish banks have been helping both Barca and Real and even now Barca has 'fallen on hard times' :lol::lol::lol: they have found funding to continue so I'm not sure they needed to be protected from destroying themselves - hence Stevan's too big to fail.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did we accept our punishment instead of paying our way out of it, or promising to fix our books over the next few years.
I mean City didnt have the means (by FFP) and they dropped money building up the academy and infrastructure to get around it. PSG I think was the one in "trouble" and they paid a fine iirc.

Our current owners will take the pragmatic way out instead of enthusiastically bypassing all of that
Elliott's usual approach is to bend organizations to their will. They threatened extensive litigation. It's part of their business model. Why they suddenly pulled out, accepted a one year ban, is very, very out-of-character for them. Man City seemed to threaten something very similar.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barca lost the best player in the world and yet are about to sign the largest shirt sponsorship deal. But according to our forum accountants they're in deep sh*t. God I hope you guys aren't doing anyones taxes.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Kessie has bruised ribs from the sound of it? Tell Milan Lab to bandage him up and put him out there. Play him as much as possible before he leaves. The long term effects could be his next club's problem lol.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only reason I used the word manufactured is because it wasnt a rule previously.

Spanish banks have been helping both Barca and Real and even now Barca has 'fallen on hard times' :lol::lol::lol: they have found funding to continue so I'm not sure they needed to be protected from destroying themselves - hence Stevan's too big to fail.
No, Valencia have similar spending limits enforced on them because of their horrific financial situation and mismanagement. They have a half-finished stadium rotting. It began in 2007, was supposed to be finished in 2009. It still hasn't been completed.

Real Madrid have had the central government from Madrid and Barca have had the Catalan government supporting them, so their critiques of the "state-sponsored" clubs is bullshit.

Barca are in hard times. Stevan can talk about 700m in revenues all he likes, those 700m in revenues can't compensate for 1.1 billion in costs. The rules that are preventing them from spending have long been in place. Barca knew about all these factors, they knew about the laws, Messi knew about them, and they continued to make stupid choices, like signing Greizmann.

So how is it manufactured?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barca lost the best player in the world and yet are about to sign the largest shirt sponsorship deal. But according to our forum accountants they're in deep sh*t. God I hope you guys aren't doing anyones taxes.
They kinda are

They took out a 500m loan to remain operational and gutted the squad of quality to the point where they may miss CL

Long term they'll be fine because they're one of the biggest clubs ever but atm they are in deep shit

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I'm too stupid (and arrogant) to say that there is a problem. Oh, and I love sitting on avocados and laugh at people who sit on pineapples?"
Always knew it :o

Honestly I despise the epic whataboutism that passes for arguments here.

Anyfuckingtime you make an argument or idea some company man management stooge whips out a brochure of Maldini's accomplishments and (Insert Club X) failures

It's essentially a more dismissive form of the "fine as we are / great things ahead" argument.
Annoying AF

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They kinda are

They took out a 500m loan to remain operational and gutted the squad of quality to the point where they may miss CL

Long term they'll be fine because they're one of the biggest clubs ever but atm they are in deep shit
If long term they will be fine then I wouldnt term them in "deep shit" and I think this maybe the issue with some of the disputes in here. When using terms like that and "fucked" it seems like those clubs are going to fall away fully.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
So Kessie has bruised ribs from the sound of it? Tell Milan Lab to bandage him up and put him out there. Play him as much as possible before he leaves. The long term effects could be his next club's problem lol.
Bruised ribs can actually be terrible, even the smallest fracture can put you aside for 2-3 months

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
That was manufactured though - they had money to pay him, they just breached the new rules instituted
- or is there more to it than that?

have you seen their financials?

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They kinda are

Banks wouldn't give half billion dollars worth of loan to football clubs that are in deep shit.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
You envy a team that's 5th place in a league that's been dominated by 2-3 teams for the last 20 years?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
have you seen their financials?
Just read it (several articles summarizing the situation) :thumbsup:

Bad purchases for the last five years put them deep in the hole - they are clearing out the highest earners but still believe they can make purchases if necessary and hope to be in a much stronger position next year. Its bad but it also seems some of the commentary was political against the last administration that got them into the issues.

If they have to go for more subsequent loans in the near future or have issues repaying then we can start to dig their grave. If they can buy young talented players and their homegrown ones flourish then they recover.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Banks wouldn't give half billion dollars worth of loan to football clubs that are in deep shit.
meh we don't know the details who knows what the conditions are, Barca still generate huge revenues

Curious how their situation would change if they miss CL

so far they've just been targeting players on a free

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
There are different punishments... I 4get the club but when they overspent they were told to only enter a reduced squad for UCL.
Madrid and Barca had to let go of players and lower wages.
Barca lost Messi on a free because of it.
Madrid was partially in transition so their wages weren't as restrictive as Barcas
Inter and Juve will get what's coming to them soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule