The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What are we supposed to do with this i formation?
200.gif

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
lol
Lots of signing will be “underwhelming” … as I usually say, our “signing of the season” will often be a player we signed 1-2-3 years ago”

Kalulu will be next season’s signing of the season.

Lazetic, in 2024-25
Lazetic is 2022 bro

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
And how you define success? Missing scudetto but won UCL is can be considered success. Scaroni said that qualified into CL every year is a success. Thousand (or maybe million) football players can say that playing for Milan is a success. Heck, even for me to finally can created an account in this forum after long years of waiting is a success.

This is trying hard.

Its Milan, it is still one of the top clubs.

A good showing in Champions League is a success. Scudetto is one, but lesser obviously.

No need to get hypothetical about this - Hakan said he wants to win while leaving.

Now they can reach a second scudetto in a row, and with luck can beat Pool.

While we cannot reach 1st spot despite being eliminated from Europe as only club from top5. And Europe is this club 'DNA'.

I dont deny the project, the opposite. But there is no time to waste this summer, in fact anymore.

In a sense I think thats what makes Kessie leave. He is soon 26, next contract is his semi last chance to try and win it all.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The situation with THIS Milan is that we'll probably sell Leao, Theo etc sooner rather than later.
Right now I think of us as more of a Dortmund than a Bayern.

If my assessment is correct, then getting the replacements is very crucual to our model.
It's how Dortmund can keep selling off their stars while remaining competitive in a football sense.
Maybe worry about that when it happens? Why get so worked up about something that hasn’t or isn’t likely to happen any time soon?

We’re getting young players in all the time. Some leave and some will stay. Kalulu stayed. Hauge left. There’s bound to be turnover there, we take risks and there’s only enough space in the squad for a few prospects. Also, the core is still 21-24 year olds. The players that will eventually replace them long term are probably not even teenagers. That’s the least of our worries right now.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I feel like a lot of the angst here is missing the forest for the trees.
I would say we were talking past each other because when I hear trust the plan or in the next few years, to me it sounds like an every year hope no matter what and the team being really strong in farther off than three to five years.

Its obvious that we are arguing degrees and have a closer goal in mind that either was seeing.
As I said I think that timeline is very ambitious but obviously if it happened I would be over the moon.

An even better day than I thought :tongue:

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Saw we signed Lazeric.
Got excited. Finally a signing and finally a forward.
Went to Youtube. Ehm....
Went to check his stats to see what the hell is this.
Almost no games. For a Serbian team. 18 years old.
Realize this is a signing for the primavera.
Dissapointed I close down the commode now.
I see you again on sunday. My pre game ritual starts now
I assured you that you'll be dissapointed once again on sunday 😅

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Adama Traore is a beast. He's fast. He's technical. He's strong. He works so hard.

...and then he gets into the final third.

I don't understand why so many people rate him when he can't shoot, can't pass, can't cross. If a coach can get him to produce in the final third, he could be truly elite. But, I just... I don't get why people hype him up so much.
Somehow he had 2 seasons with 10 assists playing for midtable clubs. I haven't followed him much but on the few occasions he looked impressive. Maybe not 70m impressive but 35-40m probably. I think that he could be a great system player, meaning that in certain circumstances he could do great while in others he would flop. But so are many players, most expensive being Coutinho, Griezeman...

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
To put things short, although Elliot was supposed to be out by now, it would be basically an exception of everything theyve done if they dont sell in max 4-5 years time - depending on when the stadium is ready

So we have stability only until then. After that some billionaire or agency will be doing things their way

Or maybe Maldini wins powerball

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Lol, give him time.

Let him have his “useless” season(s)
His “waste of 5m” season(s)
His “[whatever the immediate success guys come up with]” seasons
Soon bro, soon. Because he would be the only CF available for us sooner rather than later 😅

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
2 weeks until we gonna see leao on the pitch again

rafa-leao-leao.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Imagine Barca buying Ronaldinho....then selling youth squad Messi (a young, promising player who would evantually take Ronaldinho's place).

Normal ppl would have thought it a hilariously short sighted move....especially for a selling club like Milan...but not these guys :proud:

Now go and completely misunderstand my point and act like I was calling Kerkez a Messi level player
You strawman and misrepresent everything I say so lemme help you out there :)
Go act like I'm all broken about selling Kerkez and not simply pointing out the implications of the transfer
somehow you were ok to sell Hauge, no? the guy who had better stats/min than Lmeao

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Maybe worry about that when it happens? Why get so worked up about something that hasn’t or isn’t likely to happen any time soon?

We’re getting young players in all the time. Some leave and some will stay. Kalulu stayed. Hauge left. There’s bound to be turnover there, we take risks and there’s only enough space in the squad for a few prospects. Also, the core is still 21-24 year olds. The players that will eventually replace them long term are probably not even teenagers. That’s the least of our worries right now.
Sure...What was it that Leao said with respect to renewing his contract?
It'll be fine I'm sure ;)

I'm really loving how ppl keep sticking their fingers in their ears screaming "slippery slope" as we slide down said slope :proud:
Oh and btw Kalulu is not a top player yet. You'll know when he becomes one....

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
somehow you were ok to sell Hauge, no? the guy who had better stats/min than Lmeao
are you kidding. I was furiously butthurt about Hauge
I'm solely responsible for the global shortage in Preparation H :o

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We sold Hakan, Donnarumma and will sell Kessie.
At one point each of them was our best player.
Donnarumma has always been chasing a bigger payday.
As eventually did Hakan and as Kessie is doing now.

We used to be supremely proud of all three at one time or the other.

Yes the circumstances are slightly different...but the fundamentals remain the same
pro-athletes are people.
People want money and success. The faster the better, especially for athletes who have a small window
It's not like medicine or law or engneering where you get better with time.
after you hit 30 it's all downhill

You honestly think that one or more of Theo, Leao, Tonali etc WON'T want to move when it becomes clear that they have no more room to grow at Milan? This happened to us even in the glory era. Kaka left Milan to be a passenger at Madrid and still ended up picking up a title.
It's far far worse now.
Hell we have the scudetto within grasp and we're cool to let it go into Inter's hand without a fight.
Okay, so Donna begged to come back. Raiola literally asked for Maldini to reconsider. Maldini slapped him around. Raiola lost his client money. Maignan is better. So, nope. We saved money there by letting him go for free and buying Maignan.

(redacted) was a player I rooted for, hard, and took so much shit for, but I would say that Adli is the better prospect. Bajrami, however, is... my dream only because I've watched him a lot more in Serie A, both? Please Maldini? I'm really not in going to tolerate anyone saying anything to me about (redacted), I wanted to keep (redacted) and not buy RDP (who sucks this year) and invest in a RW. And even I never said he was our best player, so that's a reach.

Kessie is asking for more money than actually elite midfielders. Barella makes 5m. Barella plays like a 5m player, you could even argue he's underpaid. But when Rodri and Fabinho are making less than what Kessie is demanding, I'm sorry, you wave bye to him. Especially when Tonali is the better midfielder this year.

To Donna's credit, in his last year, he performed. Donna is a great keeper. I honestly think Maignan is better, but there's no doubt that Donna is a great keeper, no doubt. But again, last year of his contract? Donna did great. Kessie, this year? He's not been himself. I ask this question, constantly, but I never get the answer: would you pay Kessie 8m a year? To me, the answer is a resounding no.

So again, you are now turning Milan making smart and good sporting decisions into the fact that we now magically sold (redacted), Donna, and Kessie? We didn't. We let them go. That's the way things go. But teams that are either super rich and/or are well prepared can let players walk for free. Man Utd isn't crying about Pogba or trying to sell him, while Barca are desperate to get some money from Dembele, because they need money.

All of your points about Theo, Leao, Tonali don't have any evidence, it's all your own projections. Theo and Leao are reportedly both close to extending their deals, Bennacer, too. Tonali wants to stay here forever, because he's a Milan fan, like, c'mon that's the easy deflection as to why one of, if not the best u21 midfielders in the world is staying with us.

As I wrote earlier, my expectations are to win the CL soon. I think we should be targeting a win in two years, that's my expectation. My expectation is that this team will challenge for multiple CLs in the next 5-7 years. That's what I expect.

I don't give a shit about this year, and I don't care to make short-term gains to battle Inter for a title this year, because I want to win the CL in 2-3 years, and then go on a huge run where we dominate Europe. That's my expectation. That's Maldini's expectation and that's what Theo is here for, it's what Maldini is selling players, come here to win.

Like, for example: if we sold Tomori for 120m and replaced him with someone subpar, then I'd be disappointed, and then I'd say we are "pulling a Dortmund" or whatever. If we sold Tomori for 120m because Kalulu took his spot as a starter? That's different.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
But what if Theo actually leaves, which is probable given two reasons
1. We cant give him next extention (raise over 4m)
2. No trophy for next 3 years, he is leaving

If kerkez is that good to seriously thinking about wanting to challenge for first xi, why we sell for meagre 2m? We still consider buying out Messias
Ideally, if we want to sell him for high value then we need to sell him by the time he enter his last 2 years of his contract.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Are you still mad? I was a big fan of both him and Cutrone, but those were great deals for us... so why wouldn't we trust the management now?

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stats per minute.. lmaooo.
Hauge never had better stats than leoa in serie a. Some of us are not blinded by fodders and could see how he was struggling even against the lower midtable teams.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
All that for an unproven norwegian kid? Weak

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Okay, so Donna begged to come back. Raiola literally asked for Maldini to reconsider. Maldini slapped him around. Raiola lost his client money. Maignan is better. So, nope. We saved money there by letting him go for free and buying Maignan.

(redacted) was a player I rooted for, hard, and took so much shit for, but I would say that Adli is the better prospect. Bajrami, however, is... my dream only because I've watched him a lot more in Serie A, both? Please Maldini? I'm really not in going to tolerate anyone saying anything to me about (redacted), I wanted to keep (redacted) and not buy RDP (who sucks this year) and invest in a RW. And even I never said he was our best player, so that's a reach.

Kessie is asking for more money than actually elite midfielders. Barella makes 5m. Barella plays like a 5m player, you could even argue he's underpaid. But when Rodri and Fabinho are making less than what Kessie is demanding, I'm sorry, you wave bye to him. Especially when Tonali is the better midfielder this year.

To Donna's credit, in his last year, he performed. Donna is a great keeper. I honestly think Maignan is better, but there's no doubt that Donna is a great keeper, no doubt. But again, last year of his contract? Donna did great. Kessie, this year? He's not been himself. I ask this question, constantly, but I never get the answer: would you pay Kessie 8m a year? To me, the answer is a resounding no.

So again, you are now turning Milan making smart and good sporting decisions into the fact that we now magically sold (redacted), Donna, and Kessie? We didn't. We let them go. That's the way things go. But teams that are either super rich and/or are well prepared can let players walk for free. Man Utd isn't crying about Pogba or trying to sell him, while Barca are desperate to get some money from Dembele, because they need money.

All of your points about Theo, Leao, Tonali don't have any evidence, it's all your own projections. Theo and Leao are reportedly both close to extending their deals, Bennacer, too. Tonali wants to stay here forever, because he's a Milan fan, like, c'mon that's the easy deflection as to why one of, if not the best u21 midfielders in the world is staying with us.

As I wrote earlier, my expectations are to win the CL soon. I think we should be targeting a win in two years, that's my expectation. My expectation is that this team will challenge for multiple CLs in the next 5-7 years. That's what I expect.

I don't give a shit about this year, and I don't care to make short-term gains to battle Inter for a title this year, because I want to win the CL in 2-3 years, and then go on a huge run where we dominate Europe. That's my expectation. That's Maldini's expectation and that's what Theo is here for, it's what Maldini is selling players, come here to win.

Like, for example: if we sold Tomori for 120m and replaced him with someone subpar, then I'd be disappointed, and then I'd say we are "pulling a Dortmund" or whatever. If we sold Tomori for 120m because Kalulu took his spot as a starter? That's different.
You're twisting yourself into a knot to defend #DaPlan
I'm using basic logic, human nature and past events.
The truth of the matter is that we simply don't have the money to operate like a big club and therefore should temper our expectations...which is fine.

However, as of January 2022 we have a shot....not a sure shot...but a shot at lo scudetto...and we're sitting on our hands.
That's very frustrating.....There's a TON of things that we can't change no matter what. But this REFUSAL to act is most annoying.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To put things short, although Elliot was supposed to be out by now, it would be basically an exception of everything theyve done if they dont sell in max 4-5 years time - depending on when the stadium is ready

So we have stability only until then. After that some billionaire or agency will be doing things their way

Or maybe Maldini wins powerball
The goal of Elliott is to create a team that sustains itself. That does not require billionaire injections of cash to make it competitive. That makes Milan more attractive to a larger range of buyers.

If you ask me, I think Elliott will not sell until the stadium is completed, or at least close.

I think Milan will probably be sold to an American billionaire who summers in Italy. EPL teams are used to sportswash their reputations. But, if your team isn't carrying over 700m in debt, for example, you have more clients who would be inclined to buy it. Mike Ashley didn't put money into Newcastle for various reasons, but by not spending a lot of money, Newcastle's owners are able to spend more due to that cheapness. So even if Milan were to be bought by a Qatari, Russian, Emirati, whatever, they'd be able to spend more (or at least have an easier time) getting around regulations and have to spend less to achieve their sportswashing goals.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.