The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaL

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
‘Franck Kessie is set to snub a switch to Tottenham as he waits on offers from Inter or Juventus, reports Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Ivorian midfielder is running down his contract at AC Milan and will become available to many suitors as a free agent in the summer.’

If this is true, I might not be able to handle the level of cuntiness. Just reading that makes my fking blood boil.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean by this?

ITx8.gif

You know exactly what I mean.

"I don’t associate myself with ac milan any more"

"Cause am not a diehard fan like you."

etc

But at least you are honest - even if joking - about your fanship and trust in the club without becoming a psychopath.

giphy.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
It makes sense by virtue of our position in the table in 2022.
We are within striking distance for the scudetto.
How incredible would it be if we won it with all the shit we've been through?
small budget, injuries, referee dumbfuckery and covaids outbreaks

Next year holds 0 guarantees no matter how well we are "built"
There's always shit waiting to happen.
I asked you before. Ok, we invest 100m now against the financial logic and win the title this year. What's next? What does that give us? Is that one more title worth jeopardizing the future?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Not only cold hearted, but plain stupid as well. How can they judge his potential when they have never seen him play? An ignorant way of viewing things. Let us wait and see. Forza Lazetic.
They look down on 5m fodder Lazetic but cum/cry for 2m Kerkez. Logic...

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Profit is like American Pie

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair, if we were still a top club among today's standards, contract sagas wouldn't really be a thing.

- Kessie would have never gotten chance after chance when he was stagnant for his first 3 years here.
- And if we had stars on the team, we have prestige and being competitive on our side, peasants like Kessie wouldn't dare to ask for this much because they know they will get let go.
Contract sagas are unique to us? So, it's not happen at Liverpool with Salah? It's not happening at Chelsea, with Rudiger, and Christensen, and Azpi? It didn't happen at Bayern with Alaba? Or at Real with Sergio Ramos? Or Barca with Messi? Or Liverpool with Wijanldum? Or Man Utd with Pogba? Or Dembele at Barca? Sule at Bayern, Perisic at Inter... Like, I can keep going.

Kessie was young, and he had patches of good form, and he was reliable as a defensive force, it was when he was expected to make more offensive contributions that doubts over him emerged. What is concerning, to me, is that this year I see questions over his defensive quality, over his strength, and he always played smart and safe in possession and in the defensive phase.

Players have overestimated their worth and the market. Donna is the most glaring example, he had to take less than what we offered. Kessie wants more than genuinely World Class midfielders, he wants more money than Salah makes now, he wants just a little less than Harry Kane makes, like, who does he think he is?
You know what you're are right about me incorrectly calling them sales. My bad. Was referring to their departures.
My use of the term "sale" probably caused confusion so sorry about that.

Let me answer your questions....apologies for not getting to them earlier.

1) I would have given Kessie if we were a big club. But I can't blame Management for not giving in under these circumstances
2) Irrelevant. If is the key word. We haven't done it yet. Let me fling some of your bullshit back at you :D
3) I hope you are right about #DaPlan. I don't see it yet. That's not to say that I don't see massive improvements from the banter era....but there's a step or two between where we are now and title winners.
1) Let's see who takes Kessie and more importantly what money he makes. I mean this, with 1,000,000% sincerity: if Milan was suddenly, this summer, owned by the Saudis, Qatar, and the Emirates combined, who could pay any player any amount, I would still tell Kessie to fuck himself. I'm going to beat this drum to death, he wants more than Rodri, Fabinho, why in the fuck would I pay him 8-9m?
2) My bullshit? Bro, I answer questions. Nice dodge though. I'm still waiting for someone from your side of our family feud answer about what happens if we just turn into Napoli, and have a bunch of dead-weight?
3) I hope I am too. Like I said, if we sell Tomori and Theo, and bring in shit replacements, my trust will be gone. Like, if we are in a constant state of rebuilding, then I'll concede and say we are a Dortmund, because that's what Dortmund does, to their detriment. I get selling Coutinho when have Salah, or selling Dembele when you have Pulisic, but to be in a constant state of building and re-building, that's what prevents Dortmund from being strong--it's what prevented Roma for being a true force, I mean, look at what their starting XI could be, right now:

Alisson; Florenzi, Marquinhos, Rudiger, Digne; Pjanic, Paredes; Salah, Pellegrini, Zaniolo; Dzeko -- I mean, sure, maybe you trade Pjanic for Xhaka now, or keep Vina over Digne, maybe Spinazzola is in the mix? You'd also have Romagnoli, Emerson Palmieri, Lamela, or even Schick for Dzeko? Maybe he would've done better in a different squad environment? Add in rotation players like SES, Veretout, Strootman, I mean obviously there are different stages here, but, Roma never maintained its spine, its core.

If we start messing with the spine of our team, if we aren't able to build, then I'll take your point. Honest-to-God, I will. But I don't see us doing what Roma did, and I don't see us doing what Dortmund has. Dortmund are more guilty than Roma, as Dortmund have an easier route to the CL than Roma has had, and I'd say Dortmund is the bigger club. Selling players doesn't make you a smaller club, because Chelsea were right to sell Hazard for 100m, Liverpool were right to sell Coutinho, and of course, each situation is different. Madrid aren't a small club because they sold CR7, that's absurd, but long-term, they look to have made the better choice.

So, I am trusting the plan, because I don't see departures as some indication that Milan isn't building or lacks ambition. I think letting Donna and Kessie go are the right moves. I think (redacted) deserved his 5m, I was on the fence, but I thought 4.5m-5m, that was what he was worth. He's getting 5m+1m in bonuses from Inter now, so 6m is a tad excessive, especially when you got Adli and there are players like Bajrami or Faivre out there. I want Brahim to prove me wrong, but I think he was the wrong bet. However, if Adli pays off, then letting (redacted) go was the right move.

Anyway, yeah, that's my take.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why couldn't we add a buy-back clause or a percentage of future sale to Kerkez's transfer clause? Why is the mgmt acting like 2 million is all we could have gotten for the best Primavera player on the squad?

Did Theo officially sign a new contract? Any confirmations? I'd feel better about the Kerkez deal if Theo's extension is confirmed. I'm not buying that he accepted a 4 million contract extension with PSG interested. Sounds too good to be true lol.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Andrea Belotti has been linked with a move to AC Milan for several years now, but this time it might be the best timing. The striker’s contract will expire at the end of the season and the Rossoneri are interested.

As reported by Daniele Longo for Calciomercato.com this evening, Belotti only has Milan in his mind and that isn’t strange, seeing as he’s a boyhood fan of the club. Therefore, he has also rejected heave offers from Al-Hilal and Newcastle (€7-8m per year).

The striker obviously has a lot of experience and has shown that he can guarantee a consistent amount of goals over several seasons. For Milan, despite the signing of Marko Lazetic, he could thus be a great option.

First, however, the Rossoneri need to sort out the future of Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Swede wants to continue for one more season and there will be a meeting between the parties in March. Milan, most likely, won’t be able to guarantee him a starting spot.

With that in mind, the Belotti option is concrete and the player is keen on making the move happen.

• Star
Reactions: brk

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
If we haven't played Kerkez at all even after the way Ballo-Toure has performed defensively in some of the games, then I can only come to the conclusion that he is nowhere near ready and loan to smaller team would probably benefit him greatly
Aubameyang got almost 0 playing time. We had an old Inzaghi, an injury plagued R9 and Gilardino
He was fire for the youth teams bed never got the chance.
It was the start of my everlasting butthurt :o
I asked you before. Ok, we invest 100m now against the financial logic and win the title this year. What's next? What does that give us? Is that one more title worth jeopardizing the future?

No. With a title in hand...we continue to sell the deadwood and invest in our plan. Only this time the deadwood is more costly because they are champions

Last edited:

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
🚨 From what we know @cmdotcom , Milan and Valencia have an agreement on Castillejo but the 'yes' of the Spaniard is missing. The Spanish club is waiting

Longo

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
according to longo, we have deal with valencia regarding samu, only yes from the player is missing

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Longo: From what we know @cmdotcom, Milan and Valencia have an agreement on Castillejo but the Spanish 'yes' is missing. The Spanish club is waiting

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hasn't this happened before?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Contract sagas are unique to us? So, it's not happen at Liverpool with Salah? It's not happening at Chelsea, with Rudiger, and Christensen, and Azpi? It didn't happen at Bayern with Alaba? Or at Real with Sergio Ramos? Or Barca with Messi? Or Liverpool with Wijanldum? Or Man Utd with Pogba? Or Dembele at Barca? Sule at Bayern, Perisic at Inter... Like, I can keep going.

Kessie was young, and he had patches of good form, and he was reliable as a defensive force, it was when he was expected to make more offensive contributions that doubts over him emerged. What is concerning, to me, is that this year I see questions over his defensive quality, over his strength, and he always played smart and safe in possession and in the defensive phase.

Players have overestimated their worth and the market. Donna is the most glaring example, he had to take less than what we offered. Kessie wants more than genuinely World Class midfielders, he wants more money than Salah makes now, he wants just a little less than Harry Kane makes, like, who does he think he is?

1) Let's see who takes Kessie and more importantly what money he makes. I mean this, with 1,000,000% sincerity: if Milan was suddenly, this summer, owned by the Saudis, Qatar, and the Emirates combined, who could pay any player any amount, I would still tell Kessie to fuck himself. I'm going to beat this drum to death, he wants more than Rodri, Fabinho, why in the fuck would I pay him 8-9m?
2) My bullshit? Bro, I answer questions. Nice dodge though. I'm still waiting for someone from your side of our family feud answer about what happens if we just turn into Napoli, and have a bunch of dead-weight?
3) I hope I am too. Like I said, if we sell Tomori and Theo, and bring in shit replacements, my trust will be gone. Like, if we are in a constant state of rebuilding, then I'll concede and say we are a Dortmund, because that's what Dortmund does, to their detriment. I get selling Coutinho when have Salah, or selling Dembele when you have Pulisic, but to be in a constant state of building and re-building, that's what prevents Dortmund from being strong--it's what prevented Roma for being a true force, I mean, look at what their starting XI could be, right now:

Alisson; Florenzi, Marquinhos, Rudiger, Digne; Pjanic, Paredes; Salah, Pellegrini, Zaniolo; Dzeko -- I mean, sure, maybe you trade Pjanic for Xhaka now, or keep Vina over Digne, maybe Spinazzola is in the mix? You'd also have Romagnoli, Emerson Palmieri, Lamela, or even Schick for Dzeko? Maybe he would've done better in a different squad environment? Add in rotation players like SES, Veretout, Strootman, I mean obviously there are different stages here, but, Roma never maintained its spine, its core.

If we start messing with the spine of our team, if we aren't able to build, then I'll take your point. Honest-to-God, I will. But I don't see us doing what Roma did, and I don't see us doing what Dortmund has. Dortmund are more guilty than Roma, as Dortmund have an easier route to the CL than Roma has had, and I'd say Dortmund is the bigger club. Selling players doesn't make you a smaller club, because Chelsea were right to sell Hazard for 100m, Liverpool were right to sell Coutinho, and of course, each situation is different. Madrid aren't a small club because they sold CR7, that's absurd, but long-term, they look to have made the better choice.

So, I am trusting the plan, because I don't see departures as some indication that Milan isn't building or lacks ambition. I think letting Donna and Kessie go are the right moves. I think (redacted) deserved his 5m, I was on the fence, but I thought 4.5m-5m, that was what he was worth. He's getting 5m+1m in bonuses from Inter now, so 6m is a tad excessive, especially when you got Adli and there are players like Bajrami or Faivre out there. I want Brahim to prove me wrong, but I think he was the wrong bet. However, if Adli pays off, then letting (redacted) go was the right move.

Anyway, yeah, that's my take.
I won't answer what would happen to us if we spent like Napoli until we actually spend like Napoli.
Until then it's moot.

I am glad that you are willing to change your mind if we keep re-rebuilding. That's all I want. I too will change my mind if #DaPlan gives us a (CL/Scudetto) trophy within the next three years :)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't care particularly about Kerkez but the youth teams seems like a hole in Ellliot's project so far. There was a good signal in 2020 when they bought the swedish players and Kerkez himself but not much after (except Traore). This season the primavera was embarassing in UYL and it was in the relegation zone in the league until december. It clearly needs more investment and probably better coaching and personnel too.
I mean, I've never heard long-term project in football that youth teams are overlooked. It's the most obvious way to make a club be more sustainable.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aubameyang got almost 0 playing time. We had an old Inzaghi, an injury plagued R9 and Gilardino
He was fire for the youth teams bed never got the chance.
It was the start of my everlasting butthurt :o
Aubameyang has been an embarrassment the last two years, super unprofessional.

according to longo, we have deal with valencia regarding samu, only yes from the player is missing

I'm surprised Valencia want him, every time I watch Valencia they seem to have fast, strong wingers. Shame about Samu, he really loves Milan, I just wish he had the quality to match his passion.
I won't answer what would happen to us if we spent like Napoli until we actually spend like Napoli.
Until then it's moot.
It is not moot, because Napoli is an actual example. You're talking about how we might sell and how that's why you're writing short-stories and young adult novels with sexual innuendos (lol) but you're telling me you can't imagine a hypothetical? C'mon Leaf.
Andrea Belotti has been linked with a move to AC Milan for several years now, but this time it might be the best timing. The striker’s contract will expire at the end of the season and the Rossoneri are interested.
If Belotti does come here, man, I hope-to-God that he does well. Not only would it solve a lot of problems, but he's a real Milan fan. It would be so great to see him wear the 7 shirt and just score buckets of goals.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reading @leaf 's posts...

"even for the Internet... it's pretty shocking"

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aubameyang has been an embarrassment the last two years, super unprofessional.

I'm surprised Valencia want him, every time I watch Valencia they seem to have fast, strong wingers. Shame about Samu, he really loves Milan, I just wish he had the quality to match his passion.

It is not moot, because Napoli is an actual example. You're talking about how we might sell and how that's why you're writing short-stories and young adult novels with sexual innuendos (lol) but you're telling me you can't imagine a hypothetical? C'mon Leaf.

If Belotti does come here, man, I hope-to-God that he does well. Not only would it solve a lot of problems, but he's a real Milan fan. It would be so great to see him wear the 7 shirt and just score buckets of goals.
We're talking far far past each other :lol:
I don't give a fuck if Aubameyang is unprofessional now. That was not my point and I think you're intentionally going off on tangents.
Aubameyang was THE solution to Milan's striker situation at the time. He was GREAT at Dortmund and St Ettienne.
During that time we kept buying flop after flop.

Also what you are saying is hypothetical NONSENSE because we haven't tried it.
What fucking bullshit man. I walk up to a girl and try to get her number and fail, should Congo not try too? Epic dumb shit. That reasoning is far far beneath your intelligence, leave that shit for :mb:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Belotti does come here, man, I hope-to-God that he does well. Not only would it solve a lot of problems, but he's a real Milan fan. It would be so great to see him wear the 7 shirt and just score buckets of goals
Amen

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

And here's leaf wanting someone who wants first team football on a consistent basis to wait a few years until Theo - speculatively - leaves the club to take his spot. Hm. :D

Note: He posted this on Twitter, then deleted it shortly after to post something else instead.

that is the ONLY possible reason for this move.
he probably let them know for a while now. he wasn't even in the squad for copa (Roback, Stanga were) of Venezia or Spezia even though we only had 1 LB.

another player in that situation is Roback, even though i'm not as high on him as i was on Kerkez... he had quite a few top club suitors when we got him... and if he feels there is no path for him to the first team, he'll probably do the same.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't care particularly about Kerkez but the youth teams seems like a hole in Ellliot's project so far. There was a good signal in 2020 when they bought the swedish players and Kerkez himself but not much after (except Traore). This season the primavera was embarassing in UYL and it was on the relegation zone in the league until december. It clearly needs more investment and probably better coaching and personel too.
I mean, I've never heard long-term project in football that youth teams are overlooked. It's the most obvious way to make a club be more sustainable.
I think they've invested quite a bit, actually. They've had trouble registering Cuenca because I think he's having trouble getting a Spanish passport? But Chaka Traore, Pseftis, Omoregbe, Nsiala are all seen as strong players, while Nasti and Alesi seem like good prospects, Alesi in particular from what I've heard. I also heard the Olzer is supposed to be quite talented, and Stanga is a player that has been talked up, as well--people comparing him to Calabria in his willingness to work hard.

They're trying, but it seems like a lot of their focus on young prospects are on Kalulu, Lazetic-type young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule