The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Longo: From what we know @cmdotcom, Milan and Valencia have an agreement on Castillejo but the Spanish 'yes' is missing. The Spanish club is waiting

If he won't accept to go to Valencia he won't accept to go anywhere. One of the bigger clubs in his home country, should be a no brainer for him to say yes.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We were stupid enough to give him the contract, can't fault him for wanting to stay for the duration.
Indeed - remember 'we' thought he had something a little special

Others wont mind leaving to play but Samu like our former captain have an everlasting love for Milan that just doesnt compare

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Reading @leaf 's posts...

"even for the Internet... it's pretty shocking"

speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act,”
-1984 by George Orwell
Google "Can men have periods"
Then google "Is the vaccine safe"
Maybe I'm not the crazy one :monto:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
He will refuse.
ok-jessday.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We're talking far far past each other :lol:
I don't give a fuck if Aubameyang is unprofessional now. That was not my point and I think you're intentionally going off on tangents.
Aubameyang was THE solution to Milan's striker situation at the time. He was GREAT at Dortmund and St Ettienne.
During that time we kept buying flop after flop.

Also what you are saying is hypothetical NONSENSE because we haven't tried it.
What fucking bullshit man. I walk up to a girl and try to get her number and fail, should Congo not try too? Epic dumb shit. That reasoning is far far beneath your intelligence, leave that shit for :mb:
Leaf, Aubameyang left in 2011 when we had Ibra. And Pato. And Robinho. And Cassano. And SES. He didn't really get going until the last year of our Ibra-led team, when we were selling everyone. His first year at St. Etienne was meh, which was after a meh time at Monaco. Aubameyang was at his height when we were deep into banter times, so I'm not sure you could say that he was the solution when we still had Pato in that squad and then got Balotelli, like in 2012, who would you have picked between Balotelli vs Aubameyang?

I'm not going on tangents, bro, because I think you don't have the timeline right.

I'm also not being as antagonistic as I think my posts are coming off as, I'm not angry writing, I'm avoiding work writing, well, fuck, that's what I always am doing here, but, I'm doing it in a relaxed manner--I'm gently giving you shit.

And how are you getting pissed about a hypothetical when you just gave me one?!

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Maybe that's true but it's also true that they get to see him every day. We don't. Maybe he's good enough, maybe he's not. We don't know if he wants to leave even if we want him to stay. We can make a lot of assumptions, but at the end of the day we don't know.
Whats your end of defending obvious stupid deals ?!
I dont mind selling Kerkez as i never mind selling any fucker but 2mil ?
They see him everyday my ass ... they saw Diaz everyday & yet thought he would make AM & i saw him only a dozen times on TV & I said 100% he will be shit.
What did they see in Toure that isnt in Kerkez ?!
Give Toure's minutes to Kerkez & am sure we would have sold him for 15mil & even saving whatever we paid for Toure.
Fucking Kekez was the only talent in our primavera FFS.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
The only club who could fucking complicate a dry loan
it's clear they want him to be a one club guy to continue the legacy...which is not in his advantage as he won't develop if he doesn't play...unless they are satisfied with him being a 3rd choice legend

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Castillejo to Valencia is currently blocked

[@SkySport]

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
You know exactly what I mean.

"I don’t associate myself with ac milan any more"

"Cause am not a diehard fan like you."

etc

But at least you are honest - even if joking - about your fanship and trust in the club without becoming a psychopath.

Oh i understand what you mean.
i only they listened to me.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Samu doesn't want to leave, Daniel will stay and get a grand 30 minutes at this rate across the remaining games instead of experience at another team?

Color me surprised. It's as difficult to get players out as it is in, seemingly. :lol:

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
it's clear they want him to be a one club guy to continue the legacy...which is not in his advantage as he won't develop if he doesn't play...unless they are satisfied with him being a 3rd choice legend

It's blocked because Spal first has to sell a player to Torino (Seck) whom Maldini would replace, but there is no agreement between Spal and Torino in the moment.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only club that finds a way to make any transfer move a struggle. Even simple loan moves.

Maldini's loan is complicated because he doesn't want to leave daddy lol.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Leaf, Aubameyang left in 2011 when we had Ibra. And Pato. And Robinho. And Cassano. And SES. He didn't really get going until the last year of our Ibra-led team, when we were selling everyone. His first year at St. Etienne was meh, which was after a meh time at Monaco. Aubameyang was at his height when we were deep into banter times, so I'm not sure you could say that he was the solution when we still had Pato in that squad and then got Balotelli, like in 2012, who would you have picked between Balotelli vs Aubameyang?

I'm not going on tangents, bro, because I think you don't have the timeline right.

I'm also not being as antagonistic as I think my posts are coming off as, I'm not angry writing, I'm avoiding work writing, well, fuck, that's what I always am doing here, but, I'm doing it in a relaxed manner--I'm gently giving you shit.

And how are you getting pissed about a hypothetical when you just gave me one?!
I remember hearing about Auba when Sheva was in his prime? or was that the brother?

And yeah we were set with Gila and Pato for the next decade :proud:
- Then we went on "flop" after "flop" but once again reasons - Olivera had his sister kidnapped, Hunter as a RW, Congo's loverboys.. well no reason for that other than Milan footballing philosophy had fallen apart and we were trying to play and expect those players to be superstars like Ibra and Sheva.

My timeline maybe messed up too but I never thought that Auba had a chance here and didnt think twice about him until just before he went to Arsenal

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Valencia is getting Bryan Gil from Tottenham. Probably means the noodle stays to ride the bench.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
I've just seen an old article about us trying to sign Saliba from Arsenal in the summer of 2020.
Surprised he's only 20 still. Feels like he's been around a while. Almost 100 professional appearances at that age is incredible, especially for a CB.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they've invested quite a bit, actually. They've had trouble registering Cuenca because I think he's having trouble getting a Spanish passport? But Chaka Traore, Pseftis, Omoregbe, Nsiala are all seen as strong players, while Nasti and Alesi seem like good prospects, Alesi in particular from what I've heard. I also heard the Olzer is supposed to be quite talented, and Stanga is a player that has been talked up, as well--people comparing him to Calabria in his willingness to work hard.

They're trying, but it seems like a lot of their focus on young prospects are on Kalulu, Lazetic-type young talent.
Those players seem to me like the same sort of 300-500k buy Milan has always made for the youth teams. Like Tiago Dias or Stefan Simic or Bargiel (Traore is the one different cause he had his debut at 16 or something). Hell, in the 00s Galliani would pay millions for any 17-years old italian striker that was tall strong and looked like Vieri.
And I would not even complain about this level of investment cause development is more important for youth players than buys and good scouting is a lot better than throwing millions around aimlessly. But clearly it's not going very well any way one slices it.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What do you guys think will happen this summer?

What would you do with a transfer budget of 75-80m (what we spent last summer)?

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
me too. and i'm not of the mindset of wishing rivals' signings to fail. not envious or jealous of such transfers...i actually like them to continue that way.

but how many (% wise) of these overpriced transfers succeed, 10-20% ? ...it's seems like collective stupidity, year after year, these deals don't pan out. but people are still doing it.

we'll see it in 2 seasons
Agreed, I like the guy as a player but I feel he’s the type that needs good service. And I dont see Juve improving the way they play for the second half of the season. But with that said he’s definitely an improvement for them and it puts Milan under pressure.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What do you guys think will happen this summer?

What would you do with a transfer budget of 75-80m (what we spent last summer)?
Adli & Pobega return, Colombo gets a look at in preseason to see if he sticks, Belotti for free, new RW, Botman/Sanches from Lille to replace Romagnoli & Kessie, a young CB.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't care particularly about Kerkez but the youth teams seems like a hole in Ellliot's project so far. There was a good signal in 2020 when they bought the swedish players and Kerkez himself but not much after (except Traore). This season the primavera was embarassing in UYL and it was in the relegation zone in the league until december. It clearly needs more investment and probably better coaching and personnel too.
I mean, I've never heard long-term project in football that youth teams are overlooked. It's the most obvious way to make a club be more sustainable.
In my opinion that is purely intentional, our management also opted against having a B team in Serie C which says a lot.
I think the strategy is to have a limited number of players (3-4) in the first team that are seriously developed while the primavera is a waiting room and shopping window.
The idea probably is that Serie C and Primavera are too low a level to develop serious first team players anyway, thus the selected players starting training with the first team early and/or being loaned to Serie A and B.

The primavera is most likely very profitable though, only with recent sales alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.