The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Leaf, stop projecting, no one shits themselves from your complaining.

I just didn't like the idea of making light of people being hunted down, that's all. I come from a background that revels in dark humor, that also paradoxically has very stringent lines.

Pretending that you're persecuted though, that's very on-brand though.

I'm only pro management because they've done a good job--Maldini has done well on the sporting side, and Gazidis has done well on the economic side. If that changes, so will my tune. I was not a fan of Leonardo, but confusing a hope that things would work (for the team that I support) with support is a nuance here that doesn't seem to be picked up on.

I also don't get the parallels that you're trying to make, do you and your band of merry moaners think you are some sort of minority? The majority of Milan fans are on your side. A side defined by nebulous complaints and (justified) anxiety over the team.

Also Hitler was a stupid fuck. Who the fuck invades Russia, with winter on-the-horizon and/or without preparing for it? You don't need to be Napoleon to... fuck, wait. You don't need to be Charles XII of Sweden to... shit, that doesn't work either... In short: besides being a horrific reflection of the West, Hitler was a fucking moron.
I realize that not only are you thick as fuck
But you are also a hypocrite. So much for guys joking around eh?

But even while joking around you are quick to put me on the side of the Nazis. When I draw more and more parallels about how pro-management you are you get all butthurt :rolleyes:

All of a sudden you are accusing me making fun of the ppl who were hunted down when I never did that. The joke was always YOU AND YOUR PRO MANAGEMENT STOOGES WILL WHITEWASH ANY SHIT MANAGEMENT DOES.

For the record, the person who brought up WWII was Ronin. But it's clear that neither facts, nor the point of someone's argument matter. I have no doubt that you and the rest of the ppl who think like you will continue to misinterpret what I say. Really pathetic.

I'm done

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Sam and BRK would have done the propaganda works for sure

Qaas: WTF WHY AM I being loaded into a train :eek: ?

BRK: What's wrong with trains? :lol: I take trains all the time

Samaldinho: I can't even with these spoiled R&B...we're loading you all up in trains for a better life but noooo our management (who make these same trains run on time) are apparently idiots :rolleyes: Do English trains run on time? Is the infrastructure in France on our level?
as a jew I approve this message

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
brother, I’m just trying to get him to a respond to someone that is still actually alive

not some 10 year old post
Your intentions are better than mine...
It's no accident that I wear this goofy little beanie

ImpureClearGangesdolphin-max-1mb.gif

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
wait samu wants a pay raise? guess those shipping lines from colombia must've gotten hella expensive

at this point just send some goons to beat up this fucker, like the sporting president did

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Spurs fans accusing Paraticci working for juve. Apparently he offered 60M for kulusevski and bentacur.

U can hate them but juve get things done. Unbeliveable.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Ngl this is a disappointing mercato.

Scudetto isn't the objective with this type of mercato. We'll be lucky to hold out for CL spot.

Minimun we needed more reinforcement in the attack. Lazetic is an unknown kid who might be godd but also might be shite.

We needed a RW/CAM type (Faivre), but we are stuck with Diaz/Krunic for CAM, Messias/Salad for RW and corpse of Ibra and Old Giroud for CF:fp:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Its really funny how our transfer windows used to be entertaining during the banter era. Even though we knew we were broke on a whole another level, we at least had some exciting rumours and a galliani that tried his best with zero dollars and a bicycle.

Whatever this management are doing now is not it.
At least give us false hopes… just something

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Spurs fans accusing Paraticci working for juve. Apparently he offered 60M for kulusevski and bentacur.

spurs are just dumb when it comes to spending money for players :lol: just look at their recent purchases...
- 32mil for lo celso, now looking to loan him out for free
- 60mil for ndombele, now looking to loan him out for free
- 30 mil for bergwijn, now looking to prema sell him on
- 27 mil for sessegnon, been loaned out/benched ever since
- 25 mil for aurier, contract terminated
- 45 mil for davison sanchez

that's just a couple, look at how they blew the 100mil from bale :lol: maldini would be crucified if he pulled off half of these buys..maybe we can convince them to take kessie now for 30mil? :lol:

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

Yep. They act fast because they know with their current team they will miss out on CL. From going to Serie B due to calciopoli from dominating the league for a decade. They get shit done even if they had their share of bad signings like Milos Krasic, etc. If it were Milan who went to Serie B, I would be terrified of what we would become :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Its really funny how our transfer windows used to be entertaining during the banter era. Even though we knew we were broke on a whole another level, we at least had some exciting rumours and a galliani that tried his best with zero dollars and a bicycle.

I mean it is funny that we look back with rose tinted glasses but at the time we hated it too.

In a 'we know it's shit, let's try and enjoy it' way. :lol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
"I'm done" - leaf 2022
What other choice do I have?
I didn't start the WWII jokes.
But you should end them when ppl are starting to get upset.
Sam thought he was smart trying to call me and Smurf Hitler but when I pointed out how they operate like the propaganda arm he got pissed.
Oh well there's a lot of other funny stuff to joke about.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m sure Maldini, being there competitor that he is, feels the same frustration we do with the lack of funds he can invest.

At the same time, Milan is taking a long-term approach and I think once Leao, Bennacer, Tonali, Adli, Pobega, Theo, Tomori, Calabria, and Maignan are all in their prime roughly at the same point we will be champions in Italy and contenders abroad.

In all honesty, the fact we finished 2nd last season and are top 3 so far this season with so many injuries and shitty attacking players is testament to how good of a core Maldini has assembled.

Patience is not something sports fans possess, but luckily the people running Milan have patience and seem to be building toward a great new cycle.

It would be nice to win something soon, though.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sam thought he was smart trying to call me and Smurf Hitler but when I pointed out how they operate like the propaganda arm he got pissed.
I didn't like being compared to someone who hunts down people or to make light of people being hunted or put into trains--I don't think it's my place to make that sort of joke to be honest--and I figured, if you wanted to make a joke, if we're all Germans in the joke (like "Are We the Baddies?") or being absurd about totalitarian regimes (like Jojo Rabbit or The Death of Stalin) then I figured I'd put myself (and I'm sorry to have included brk in said grouping) in the little absurd AC Milan-centric WW2 world you created. Let me spell this out: in my joke, we're all the bad guys.

But honestly, for someone who talks about valuing jokes so much, you don't know how to take one.

Maybe you need to layoff the pineapples, avocados, or whatever else you're putting there, because if anyone is butthurt, it's you.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Master Pingu and I brilliantly proposed a song contest to end it once and for all but the option wasn't taken up on

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Can I have funky coloured letters for being a long time defender of our great players like Mexes and Muntari

And for at one point having the highest post count.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Proud to have started this Hitler discussion, although disappointed that it didn't last long :(

nV6LyQeze8QuYlyw4fZKxkrDvn07C7fG9JHfKlo19Rg.png

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Proud to have started this Hitler discussion, although disappointed that it didn't last long :(

nV6LyQeze8QuYlyw4fZKxkrDvn07C7fG9JHfKlo19Rg.png
It was ... daring, I'll give you that.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m sure Maldini, being there competitor that he is, feels the same frustration we do with the lack of funds he can invest.

At the same time, Milan is taking a long-term approach and I think once Leao, Bennacer, Tonali, Adli, Pobega, Theo, Tomori, Calabria, and Maignan are all in their prime roughly at the same point we will be champions in Italy and contenders abroad.

In all honesty, the fact we finished 2nd last season and are top 3 so far this season with so many injuries and shitty attacking players is testament to how good of a core Maldini has assembled.

Patience is not something sports fans possess, but luckily the people running Milan have patience and seem to be building toward a great new cycle.

It would be nice to win something soon, though.
I wonder if Maldini is taking a gamble that we have enough to secure top 4. I think if we lose against Inter, then our chances of a title push are all-but-over, while we enter firmly into a top 4 battle.

I think Maldini is taking a huge risk, particularly in the CAM department. If he's trying to hoard resources to make the bigger purchases in the summer, it's a risk.

He's gambling right now, and he said it himself, when remarking about our summer transfer window, a lot of our transfers are gambles. Bakayoko is a gamble, Florenzi, Messias, Brahim, Giroud, Toure, they're all gambles. He's got two pairs and he's hoping the next card gives him a full house, and he's betting big on that.

I'm worried about how things will unfold, not only because injuries have not seemed to abate, but I'm just anxious, in general, lol.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Elliot is gambling. If we will be out of top 4. We sell out top players and get some new kids or players with problems. For the important is balance and profit. Not Football. For now we need it, because we lived in the hell.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Maybe there have been multiple situations that have lead to us not making a big signing in the window.

Maybe the club really decided on Botman as the next CB signing and have an agreement for the summer but Lille won't consider it this window. Then Maldini prefers to wait for the summer and get the man he wants than try to get a second choice now.

Could be a similar situation with Belotti and not wanting to sign a striker now with him coming. In any case with Ibra and Giroud it might not be appealing for any decent striker.

If they see Adli as a CAM then they might not wan to add another now and then if Diaz has a good second half of the season end up with too many. Then they may want to save spending on a DM until Kessie is gone, especially with both him and Bennacer leaving Afcon early it would have seemed less urgent.

At RW, being unable to move Samu yet again, there are really 3 at the club already. Not the 3 we may all want but signing a fourth having only had Messias for a few games and just renewing Alexis maybe wasn't palatable.

They could have tried for some loans to cover some weak spots but maybe they just haven't found players that would improve the squad and who could be loaned without high fees and/or obligations.

Having Kessie and Romagnoli probably, but not yet confirmed to be leaving makes it a bit more complex. Whilst also still wanting to evaluate Messias and probably Diaz more, having Adli on the way and Pobega with some hopes pinned on him.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I well remember how Galliani and Berlusconi mercilessly ran Milan down and tried to disguise it under dubious branding mumbo-jumbo like "ItalMilan" or "the three days of the Condor". One of the most frequently mentioned criticisms was always: Stop fooling us, we're not stupid. At least be honest so we fans know what we are getting into and can accept and support the project.

What fans wanted back then is actually exactly what Gazidis did in the beginning and Maldini and Massara are doing now: take the fans seriously instead of trying to fool them. Never did the three of them talk about Scudetto (did they?), only the players. Never did they lie about our transfer targets this January. From the beginning they said: we want to bring a defender. And then, after Kalulu's explosive development: plans have changed. We don't want to just bring in someone who's just there to hang around for six months and take away valuable playing time from Kalulu; either we find someone who's immediately ready and will also be with us in the future, or we don't bring anyone in.

The problem is the newspapers and wanna-be-Twitter-insiders who keep making up stories and transfer sagas. Sure, they're just doing their job, they can't write nothing, even when there's nothing to report. This, coupled with the projected hopes of the fans, creates the perfect breeding ground for unfulfilled expectations - and thus huge disappointment.

But that's not the management's fault, is it? And, for the record: I'm damn glad we have a very honest and direct management that respects us fans enough to not butter us up for years and screw us over - unlike the newspapers, Twitter insiders and yes, also Berlusconi and Galliani in their final decade at the club.

I think that should be praised. Not criticised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule