The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they lose lautaro they ll get dybala for free. They have a good sporting director in marotta
Yeah, he's basically the reason why that club isn't imploding right now. Amazing director.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People have been saying this for a while.

Simply go back and look at the comments when they sold Lukaku and Hakimi. People were saying they won't make CL this year.
what does that have to do with their finances lol

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

wonder if Milan were one of the clubs, fits the profile they have been after

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Yeah, he's basically the reason why that club isn't imploding right now. Amazing director.
This is basically how juve was built in 2012 with the likes of barzagli pogba pirlo all for a mere 500,000 k
Tevez for 13 m

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Reverse traffic for a change

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
:lol:

Lmao. To think someone with so many opinions and diatribes about other clubs would actually pussy out this hard from making a few predictions.

I guess you're too scared to put numbers. I'll help you out. If your math is as bad as my English then let me make it binary choice for you. A yes or no will suffice.

You think barca is about to enter their banter zone and have their milan moment.

1) will barca qualify for champions league at least 3 times in the next 5 years ?

2) will barca drop to pot 4 in the next 5 years ?

3) will barca be refused entry into the champions league by uefa in any of the next 5 years ?

4) will barca drop out of top 10 revenue generating clubs in the next 5 years ?

5) will barca drop out of the top 10 most valuable clubs in next 5 years?

Also weren't you predicting the downfall of our rivals because of their finances and our ascendancy because of how we are managed?

Can you answer the following for me. Again yes or no will suffice.

1) will inter fail to score 85 points or more this season?

2) will inter drop out of the top 4 in the next 2 seasons?

3) will Juve spend more than 50 million on a single player in the summer transfer window?

4) will Juve drop out of the top 4 in the next 3 years ?

5) will milan finish above Juve and inter both at least 3 times over next 5 years ?

6) will Juve or inter be denied into uefa competitions because of their finances in the next 5 years if they qualify?

Don't worry this is just a book keeping exercise. I won't hold it against you if you get most of them wrong. :lol:

And don't worry about any semantics (I sure don't). Just answer the above and then we can match them with ur actual opinion and see how things turn out in the upcoming seasons.
street-fighter-ryu.gif

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Not every investor is yonghong li

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair in three or four years, if things go to plan, then yes I’d see us with as much chance of winning the CL as teams like Juve and Atletico Madrid. It wouldn’t be a shock for us to be in a semi final, but it won’t be an expectation like with Bayern, Real and City.

We’ll just be a normal top 10 club in Europe, which is the least we should aim for. We can’t match the revenue of clubs backed by sovereign wealth funds but with the stadium on track, and with constant CL presence and smart scouting, we should start to see ourselves at the big table soon enough.
I think Juve really hurt themselves by getting CR7. I'm sure if I was in their position, and CR7 was available, I probably would have made that call, as well. He's too good of a player, he produces, on-and-off the field, I don't blame them, because again, I would've probably done the same. With the benefit of hindsight (and to learn from them, since I hope we will get there), but they actually were building something strong before he came, by being smart, and they went to 2 CL finals, and yes, stars were the difference in those individual games, but I feel like they tried to emulate a different model, when what they were doing before was going so well.

Liverpool and Atalanta--and to a lesser extent Bayern--have shown how you can win and do well, without using star players. I wish I could find the podcast where this data scientist was talking about how Liverpool was able to model the futility of star-player-driven recruitment, where basically they were able to show why they were able to move on from Countinho so fast. It's going to drive me crazy, I'll try to find it.

I think Liverpool is the model that we are emulating the most, and I think where we will hit snags is if we get a player like Salah. I think if Covid didn't happen, I think Liverpool would have sold Salah to Real after winning the league, but they're ready to replace Sane and Salah with Jota, at least for one of them, and they'll hope for Luis Diaz to be able to take care of the other.

I think, with a stadium, this team can do more than what Juve did, but I honestly think that even before we get that sweet, sweet stadium revenue, this team can challenge in 3 years, they should be a dark horse in that time, that's my expectation.

Winning teams always have this element of luck, these gambles that pay off. Like, people thought Cafu was too old when he came to us, for example. Who would have thought that Henderson would rise to what he's become? It's Thiago Silva still having gas in the tank. We will need that to progress, and all jokes about Juve losing those CLs, that was a great management team they had--but it's about gambles paying off: that Pirlo still had something left, or that Barzagli could contribute, or I think of the Bonucci and Ranocchia transfers, they were seen as the two futures of Italy, and I don't think it's unfair to say that Ranocchia didn't live up to his billing. It's just like the Rugani-Romagnoli comparison, I think Romagnoli was the better of the two, but, I think, so far, Romagnoli has not hit the expectations that fans (of Milan and Italy) had of him.

Anyway. I think the best-run "big foreign money" club is Man City. The rest of them are really just shooting in the dark, Chelsea being the most glaring example. They've had success by accident, they don't have a plan, and neither do Spurs, it's clear that you need to have a vision, you need to have a goal, that will continue, regardless of the manager, what players you get, who is in, who is out, you need to have a plan and execute it, and really commit to it, unless, of course, it's a horrific failure like with Giampaolo. The thing that gets me is that even Real Madrid, who have done really well on the finance side of things, they even made a fucking profit during covid, I feel like they don't have a real plan in recruitment. They're just hurling money at things until something sticks, and they're able to sell players and get rid of them, where they can overcome their mistakes.

Honestly, if someone wanted to punch me in the face with a strong rebuttal to planning, Real would be the perfect example. Chelsea are a fucking mess with Tuchel, because they weren't planning, Man City lost that CL more than Chelsea won it. Chelsea have so many broken toys (Werner, Havertz, Lukaku, Pulisic) and they were supposed to challenge for the title, but they've looked terrible. EPL money is able to insulate teams from failure, I think Man Utd and Arsenal have really shown that to be crystal clear. But Barca, even with their revenues, don't have EPL money to insulate them, their entire model is predicated on continual success, and so a period outside of the CL would truly punish them, but Real have that reputation, built-in, and to be honest, they are much better run than Barca, it's not even close.

Anyway, as always, I'd love to read your insight, if you (or anyone else) even wants to add any, offer suggestions where I'm missing something, or where I'm wrong.
Dumb shit above, my bad.

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
yeah. marotta is pretty amazing. credit where credit is due. having said that - milan is still the best. this team is slowly climbing back to the top, with steady growth.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mr. Nice Guy lets players take too much control. On one hand I love how classy Paolo is but on the other hand I wish he was a bit tougher on business.
I think Maldini is plenty tough, it's just about when you choose to be tough. There's utility in being moral, but I think the way he handled Donna with Maignan, to me, really sums up his ruthlessness. I don't think that benching Christensen because he won't re-sign has worked well for Chelsea, they even had to play him recently, I just don't think it's a great tactic. On the other hand, I think you could say that Maldini really got caught out with (redacted)'s move to Inter. I'm not sure if I agree, but I don't see how toughness translates into better results for your team.

I'm not being a douche, but who is the director you want Maldini to emulate more, for this toughness?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It's not like I have 10 people on ignore :D. More like two or three.

Here's another POV: Less visible posts from them means I can give more attention to your posts. :maldinismug:

n/h of course.

Oh you made blush
In that case go ahead and block brk and sam too

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Would not mind renewing Ale for the right terms. Otherwise he can fuck off.

Kessie has been awful for a while now, he can certainly fuck off. For the amount of money we'd have to invest in him, I'd rather spend it on a new player approved by Maldini.

This summer we should 100% focus on improving our attack. The defense and midfield look very good, but our attack is our weakness.

Botman + Sanches are solid reinforcements, but why not spend that 50-60m on 1 quality attacker? Or perhaps 2?

Ibra is always injured, Lazetic an unknown, Salad/Messias average, Krunic not a CAM, Brahim very inconsistent, etc.

Anyway, still buzzing after our victory, always a great time when we beat our little brothers :D

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would not mind renewing Ale for the right terms. Otherwise he can fuck off.

Kessie has been awful for a while now, he can certainly fuck off. For the amount of money we'd have to invest in him, I'd rather spend it on a new player approved by Maldini.

This summer we should 100% focus on improving our attack. The defense and midfield look very good, but our attack is our weakness.

Botman + Sanches are solid reinforcements, but why not spend that 50-60m on 1 quality attacker? Or perhaps 2?

Ibra is always injured, Lazetic an unknown, Salad/Messias average, Krunic not a CAM, Brahim very inconsistent, etc.

Anyway, still buzzing after our victory, always a great time when we beat our little brothers :D
Don't think this Milan will spend that much on a single player any time soon, best to let that idea go

It will be deals in the 20-30m range

Like even if they sold Kessie for 80m I don't think they'd splurge on any single player

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Maignan-Florenzi-kalulu-romagnoli-theo-kessie-krunic-saele-maldini-rebic-lazo

For lazio mid week

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Maignan-Florenzi-kalulu-romagnoli-theo-kessie-krunic-saele-maldini-rebic-lazo

For lazio mid week
Prob can rest Roma for Gabbia and Maignan for Tata. Even if we lose no big deal. Hard enough time keeping a fit squad for the league

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
The one good thing I like about kessie and his ilk is that in their last season they try their best to ensure we won't miss them when they leave.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The one good thing I like about kessie and his ilk is that in their last season they try their best to ensure we won't miss them when they leave.
Kessie played one superstar season out of five. I'd be very careful as a club paying him what he's asking because honestly you don't know which Kessie is the real one.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Prob can rest Roma for Gabbia and Maignan for Tata. Even if we lose no big deal. Hard enough time keeping a fit squad for the league
Im more worried about the state of the pitch..we had the derby on saturday, merdas are playing roma tomorrow and we're playing lazio on wednesday..thats 3 matches in the space of 5 days on the same turf :fp:

Status
Not open for further replies.