The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I do not understand Renato's rumors with Pobega coming back next season.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They’re not.
Yes, I know, they're owned by some mysterious fund.
Quote from some article:
The club's new parent company, Merlyn Partners SCSp, is a special limited partnership based in Luxembourg of which we only know the identity of the general partner (Merlyn Partners GP) but not the limited partner(s) who remain(s) anonymous.
I remember also Lille's president was saying that Elliot want to keep Lille.
Obviously, It would be risky for them to own 2 clubs playing in CL/EL, so they had to come up with some scheme.

It might be just a conspiracy theory, but we are dealing with Lille a lot more than normal

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I do not understand Renato's rumors with Pobega coming back next season.
Bakayoko is probably out.

We will have Pobega, Tonali, Krunic, Bennacer and Mr X( Renato)

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Giroud 10 goals in 13 starts :b:
might be his best season in terms of efficiency if he continues like this

this squad is perfect complement for a striker like him, just wait until everyone gets healthy

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

WvATsB.gif

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
French connection 🥰🥰

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kind of a bad mark on our scouting if we had him on our shortlist though…
Liverpool also tried him, given their style of play I don‘t really question what our scouting saw in him. Imo seems more like right type but just doesn‘t perform good enough.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giroud movement for the third goal was really good.. I don't think Lazio defence saw him until just before the goal.. He reminds me of Pippo..
The whole combo was great and such a Pioli-ball classic

Look how the action to the goal started... only Diaz and Leao (who wasn't even directly involved) vs 5 Nazio players :) then a couple of seconds later... BOOM!

lazio1.png

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If AS Roma management is smart, they are going to fire his ass asap and hire someone like Italiano or Juric. Unless they prefer to be stuck into the past, you know...
yeah, there's plenty of coaching talent in Italy atm... I think someone like Miha would be perfect for them now, when the spirits are low... he's a good motivator

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

:sip:
Edit: oops, triple post.
That said, we just need to play 3 more games to complete all the top seven.
Lazio, Atalanta and Napoli. If our squad stays fit, I don't fear any of them.

I'd act surprised...but these lot have been dickslapping the whole of serie A for 18 months str8.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'd act surprised...but these lot have been dickslapping the whole of serie A for 18 months str8.
You know what they say... the biggest dicks slap the hardest.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The thing with Liverpool buys, is that I feel like it's more to do with players who can fit Klopp's high press system than anything else.
Minamino and Jota aren't particularly talented players, but because they fit his system, they look like world beaters.
Luis Diaz wasn't a name that set the world alight, but perhaps his characteristics just happen to fit what Jergen is looking for (attacking wingers who press intensely from the front).

That said, I think that Mane and Salah are exceptional talents that cannot be replicated.
If you take those two out of Liverpools system, their backups don't affect opponents the same way.
This is the Moneyball way. You don't buy expensive all-round star players, but those that excel at particular aspects of the game that fit your puzzle. We're doing the same. Man City / PSG / Galacticos way is just overkill and didn't really work for either team lol

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Man this team will be a top UCL side if we add Botman, Renato, a RW and Darwin Nunez.. no more waiting, CL contender right away

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The thing with Liverpool buys, is that I feel like it's more to do with players who can fit Klopp's high press system than anything else.
Minamino and Jota aren't particularly talented players, but because they fit his system, they look like world beaters.
Luis Diaz wasn't a name that set the world alight, but perhaps his characteristics just happen to fit what Jergen is looking for (attacking wingers who press intensely from the front).

That said, I think that Mane and Salah are exceptional talents that cannot be replicated.
If you take those two out of Liverpools system, their backups don't affect opponents the same way.
Minaminio was clearly a case of fits the system and had expirience wit similar tactics and was also dirt cheap. Still one of their weakest players though.

Jota I disagree, I think he is quite talented and was just overlooked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule