The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
My prayer for the past 3 days is that Pioli doesn’t bench Kalulu to reinstate Romagnoli.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

it's one of the best concept i've seen lately

its fresh
it looks agile
still has the classy vibe

Put a black line in the middle of the sleeves, similar to this:

tr:w-500,dpr-2,q-100

And it's bellissimo

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hoping Genoa somehow pulls it off. I hope Spezia gets relegated.

Bremer (at least in the limited games I’ve watched) since to be a big physical presence. If he gets close it feels like his physicality alone makes attackers feel uncomfortable so it forces them into suboptimal decisions. However he can at times look quite clumsy, definitely should have done better on the goal even though it was Izzo’s fault.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
My prayer for the past 3 days is that Pioli doesn’t bench Kalulu to reinstate Romagnoli.
Tomori is the one that's important.
Without him in the team, we lost 3 matches (Fiore, Sassuolo and Spezia).
His absence is the reason that we even have losses in Serie A this season.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Totally agree, you should be able to review a second yellow like that.

Pobega has been very good so far, even if I think playing him that far forward is a waste.
No idea what you guys see in Pobega. I was casually watching the game while "working" earlier and I didn't see anything special with the guy. Seems like a headless chicken with a good left foot. I think we're better off cashing in on him. Can't have him and Krunic in the squad at the same time.
As a Krunic replacement, he's fine. Otherwise, he's not good enough.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You mean he’ll ask of juventus half what he asked of Madrid?

Juve reportedly offering him 7.5 while he wanted 15m from Real Madrid.

It does not make sense.

I think the reported wages Chelsea offered was 8m gross. I think Juve offering 7.5m net

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No idea what you guys see in Pobega. I was casually watching the game while "working" earlier and I didn't see anything special with the guy. Seems like a headless chicken with a good left foot. I think we're better off cashing in on him. Can't have him and Krunic in the squad at the same time.
Lol.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score

Definitely not a first team material next season.

Super22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
need help understanding some even mentioning Berardi's name. makes very little sense to even mention that name.

1st is preference, which you can't argue too much which, as to each its own.
but is he the type of player for this team? not even close.
with the arrival of a passing type AM (whether he hits the ground running or not), this team need wingers that run the channels, giving options to the AM. not a winger that not only is a "give me the ball to my feet" style, but he also doesn't have the pace or driving or dribbling ability to get the ball up the field fast like Leao does.
He is Litterally Suso. in style, characteristics, even in numbers (suso had good numbers despite all)....i don't think Maldini got rid of Suso to bring him back Italian...he is simply not for our brand of football.
a drving, industrious, energetic dribbler, with half the numbers of Berardi, will serve this team better than Berardi.

now, on the non debatable things. Maldini has been here for 3 years soon (?) so we pretty much have on the type of player he signs, how he INVESTS the money. why on earth would one even think he'd bring in a soon to be 28yo (of that style) for +30m? how many Kalalus, Tonalis, Bennacers is that? ... that's money we'd spend on a 21-24 yo that has shown top ability and top mentality to become a top player, who fits our style and whose value would likely increase a lot ...not on a player who will likely go downhill from this point...and whose numbers (only selling point) would be much less here anyway because he would not be the hub that a big number of the opportunities pass through like at Sassuolo. yes, he'll be much more effective with the chances Saelemaekers miss. that for +30m? fuck no!

he'll probably score on us again when we meet them in the last few games. he always does lol...and i can already see the "some don't want Berardi here...smh" lol... he is good for his team. doesn't mean it's waht we need or miss.
and i think he is wise to not have moved so far and will likely not move soon. he knows. he is the typical mid table team star. "big fish" that should stay in the small pond.
for how we're trying to play and our general aspirations he is definitely not it.

hell, this the type of deals we have stopped doing that made us rise again.
buying average players for important fees, not suited to us, put them on big salaries and getting stuck with them.
That's the type of deals if Maldini does he'd get fired (or it'll be a "strike" for him)...but he won't even think of it to start with. and even if he does consider it (which would be uncharacteristic of him), Gazidis would righfully veto it.
I think Berardi isn't as bad as you say. He is a quick and technical player with an eye for goal and assist. He may not be as fast as Leao but he has great position sense and movement on and off the ball. Berardi is a team player with strong mentality whereas Suso is slow and unmotivated. Berardi also done well at the last Euro20 creating many opportunities from the RW.

I would love to see a young, talented, fast, driven winger like Leao on the RW but player of Leao calibre ain't cheap and takes time to develop. On the other hand Berardi is a player in his prime and could possibly be the missing piece that helps Milan win the Scudetto next season.

Super22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I read similar comments like this criticising Locatelli in 2017 and I also read comment like this last season criticising Tonali.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
Berardi ain't happening if Maldini stays the course. Berardi scores against us so his value appears inflated to us but I agree with @ROSSONERI7, he's an upscale Suso at best. RW Leao isn't as difficult to find as it may seem. Not if you got proper scouting in place. Leao was there for everyone to see in the U20 World Cup but we were the ones to get his lazy ass. We're so desperate for a functional RW you'd think we'll break bank for the position like a club with Arab money but I just don't see it. Maldini will find us a RW no doubt since he got us a CF in Origi and an AM in Adli.

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Berardi ain't happening if Maldini stays the course. Berardi scores against us so his value appears inflated to us but I agree with @ROSSONERI7, he's an upscale Suso at best. RW Leao isn't as difficult to find as it may seem. Not if you got proper scouting in place. Leao was there for everyone to see in the U20 World Cup but we were the ones to get his lazy ass. We're so desperate for a functional RW you'd think we'll break bank for the position like a club with Arab money but I just don't see it. Maldini will find us a RW no doubt since he got us a CF in Origi and an AM in Adli.
I think with Berardi the problem is the management have to spend 30mill++ to get him.Knowing Elliot,they won't spend that much money on soon to be a 28 years old player who is yet to play in CL competition lulz..

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I read similar comments like this criticising Locatelli in 2017 and I also read comment like this last season criticising Tonali.
I mean Locatelli is currently on par with Pobega 😆 but I agree, just the fact that Atalanta was willing to spend like 15mil or so on Pobega tells you that he's got something in him

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I think Berardi isn't as bad as you say. He is a quick and technical player with an eye for goal and assist. He may not be as fast as Leao but he has great position sense and movement on and off the ball. Berardi is a team player with strong mentality whereas Suso is slow and unmotivated. Berardi also done well at the last Euro20 creating many opportunities from the RW.

I would love to see a young, talented, fast, driven winger like Leao on the RW but player of Leao calibre ain't cheap and takes time to develop. On the other hand Berardi is a player in his prime and could possibly be the missing piece that helps Milan win the Scudetto next season.
Maybe saying Suso, combined with maybe a popular opinion of him, colored what I was saying.
I don’t think Suso is a bad player so I’m not saying Berardi is bad. I actually think he is a good player…but not for us.
Just like Suso was a good player for Milan fighting for EL spot but not good for Milan with bigger ambitions.
Stylistically, they are identical. Even their stats. Sure Berardi Berardi is a bit better. But it’s the same player.
Very far from the direct player with good dribbling ability we would need at that position.
But again his style, whether it fits or not, can be debated. I don’t own the “right opinion”…it’s all about preference
But one thing that not opinion is Maldini spending 30-40m on a soon to be 28 year old not fast winger who is not a “winner”…I’d understand taking that “loss” on a Ziyech (I’m only comparing age here, not style) who has been doing it at a a high level for some time.

On your second paragraph.
Missing piece to win the scudetto next season? You don’t believe we can win this season? I think we will. So I don’t think we’re looking for a missing piece to win scudetto, but to take the next step, being a force in Europe. It’ll be immediately evident when you face a city, Liv or Bayern with berardi that his level is Sassuolo, not CL. Doesn’t even do well 1v1 in the league, he’ll be made to look amateurish by those athletic beasts with 0 duels won. It’s unfortunately todays game players that lack athleticism, ability to win duels have no space at the top level. A less technical player (not a donkey lol), with good athleticism is much much more Valuable.
Unless you have Zidane technical ability, you need some other attributes.

Forget Leao, that’s too much… we’re simply talking about a faster, direct, driver, dribbler player with better end product than Saelemaekers.
Such player will suit this team better than Berardi even if he puts up half his numbers. Numbers which if Berardi was to move here would also decrease for the simple reason that’s he’ll see a lot less of the ball.
And for half the money Sassuolo will ask for Berardi we can get a good player as described above.
A Bergwjin is a far better fit for our brand than a berardi.
A Lang is a better fit, even though I’m not hot on him and don’t believe we’re even in for him at least for that price without trying him out on loan first.

With our scouting we can even go cheaper, lesser known now.
Ain’t nothing wrong with that. and it’ll still be a much better choice than a 30m Berardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule