The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I used to worry about the team requirements but i think they’ll cheese it. Probably loan/sell Ballo Toure and sign Florenzi as our fullback hybrid back up. Keep Maldini jr, Pobega, Gabbia. Drop Lazetic to Primavera. Promote primavera gk and st as placeholders in first team. And this would only be needed for CL games.

Our team will inevitably be heavy, but i think we’ll cut most our weight through our midfield. It will be difficult to keep all Bakayoko/Krunic/Brahim/Adli and still try to sign a Kessie replacement like Sanches.

This is why its also important to snatch promising league players like we did with Tonali. Players like Zaniolo, Scammaca, or even Pellegri are nice moves to make. That or we have to massively improve our youth system.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Milan primavera formation vs Verona

MILAN: Desplanches, Coubis, Di Gesù, Nasti, Capone, Bosisio, Tolomello, Foglio, Omoregbe, Stanga, Bozzolan. Available : Nava, Pseftis, Obaretin, Nsiala, El Hilaly, Camara, Lazetic, Gala, Rossi, Alesi, Eletu, Roback

Lazetic on bench
Any link to watch?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I believe that U21 players don't count towards the 25 player squad limit. So Lazetic doesn't count against the 17 and I think Kalulu didn't either since he was 20 when the season started. Tonali didn't need to be in the 25 either since he was also 20 and we had enough Italy trained without him.

So we currently have 19 non home-grown players who we can field because Kalulu and Lazetic were U21 at the beginning of the season.

Kalulu will be counted in the squad list next year and we'll lose several Italy trained players so there will be problems we don't have now. Lazetic still wouldn't count against the 17 though, nor would any other U21 foreign player we signed.
You're talking about Serie A rules which are slightly different to UEFA competition rules. Serie A doesn't care about players 21 and under, you can add as many as you like and they don't count towards your main list. UEFA is a bit different. For example Lazetic isn't eligible since he hasn't played 2 years with us yet. That's a B list rule, they need to have been on the books for two uninterrupted years.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think once we have to inevitably go Italian, this management will aim for the prospects and not the 28-30 year olds. Belotti might be an exception since he’s free but i doubt they’ll offer long contracts that easily.

pippofan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
Berardi this season has 14 goals and 14 assists with Sassuolo in Serie A.

Faivre this season has 9 goals and 5 assists between Brest and Lyon in League 1.

Everyone is entitled to his preferences, but what I don't get is the mockery of Berardi. Berardi clocks 100 goals and 70 assists in 265 Serie A games. That makes him easily the best RW in the league, at least currently. I think his bad reputation came from his rough patch between 2015 and 2018, where he seemed a bit lost. But since then he consistently puts a lot of goals and assists on his account each year, especially for a winger.

I'm not saying Berardi is the perfect fit for us. I'm just saying that I don't get why he's so undervalued. If he was a young boy playing in League 1 putting those numbers we'd be cursing at our management for not trying to get him. Yes, he's expensive, and I'm almost 100% sure we're not after him because he doesn't really suit the profiles we seem to be after, does he? But Squinzi is not entirely out of his head asking for big figures. Berardi is 27 years old, he'll be 28 years in august, he's in his full prime, with good numbers since at least three years. Yeah I'd shoot high too if I was Squinzi.
I agree with everything you said, except that Squinzi has been dead since 2019.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It isn't really about fit or Berardi's production

When's the last time management invested a transfer fee into a player that has no room to grow or resale value? Especially one that will be 30m+

I'm sure he'd do great in the league but probably isn't ideal for Europe or the long-term goals of this club

Faivre is stupid comparison because he's younger, cheaper, and more versatile

Reread my post again, but slowly :D.

For me its the 40mil vs 15mil.
What are Berardi's numbers when he was the same age as Faivre is also a factor.

Berardi had already better numbers when he was even younger than Faivre, actually.

I agree with everything you said, except that Squinzi has been dead since 2019.

Jesus, yes, that's on me. And an embarassing one on top of that.

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Guys, every player we signed in 2019, who was 19 at the time, will count towards Italian homegrown quota this summer. Rule is you have to be registered for a club at least 3 years between 19 and 22 (even loan counts, as long it's in a same country). Don't quote me on that, maybe rules have changed, but that's how it was before.

Club homegrown is someone who is registered for a club for 3 years between age of 18 and 21 (I think nowadays it doesn't count if you loan him out, even in Italy) so Kalulu will be club-grown in the summer of 2023. (if he was 18 when he signed), Lazetić will be in a winter of 2025., and Theo and Leao will be Italian-homegrown already this summer (I believe they signed with us when they were only 19).

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
You're talking about Serie A rules which are slightly different to UEFA competition rules. Serie A doesn't care about players 21 and under, you can add as many as you like and they don't count towards your main list. UEFA is a bit different. For example Lazetic isn't eligible since he hasn't played 2 years with us yet. That's a B list rule, they need to have been on the books for two uninterrupted years.
Ah I thought you were also talking about Serie A, we'll still also have the main problem you've mentioned there. Usually a senior player or 2 are left of a UEFA list and that will almost certainly be the case again I guess but it would really not be good to have senior players not even able to be used in Serie A which is definitely possible according to your previous posts. With at least 2 Italian trained leaving and at least 3 non-Italian trained arriving it does get difficult, Tata surely has to be replaced with an Italian. Maybe Brahim is another candidate to leave early if Adli, Sanches and a RW come in, to allow the signing of Origi.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Who cares about design that much. Difference s small. Go with bigger money. I hope nike knocks on the door with 30M+ but if puma raises offer thats fine. Same with emirates. We were run by morons for too long. Go around, aks for offers. market urself and offers ll come.

Thats why winning scudetto and maybe coppa s important since our deals re close to end. U re in better position when negotiating. It might have bigger impact than anything else.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
That would be something, seems like such a step down for those two
that's the problem with daPlan. we might be striving but there's absolutely zero certainty that we're gonna win in the next years as some suggest.
juve can simply spend 80m for serbian piatek and possibly sign players like rudiger and jorginho.
they're neither sleeping nor really declining, more like rebuilding the team.
same goes for inter. their core ist pretty much set: bastoni, skriniar, barella, brozovic, lautaro. all in their prime or entering it the next years.

winning this year would be fucking huge. no one knows what the future holds. maybe it could be our biggest chance, considering how bad the competition is

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Lazetic looks nervous and lack of fitness. His touch and movement is heavy, but he made a couple of interesting movement

Edit : Our keeper and no.13 looks promising

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
We would sign a 26 year old in their prime, never missed a single game due to injury, but they'd end up missing half a season due to MilanLab :proud:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
The way this places overrates Belotti but shits on Berardi is getting weirder all the time as one keeps improving and impressing whilst the other... yeah
Who is doing that ?
Its about price tag solowly.
If Belotti was 30-40mil no one would have wanted him either.
But he is free while Berardi isnt.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I really really hope Lazetić will convince us in few years and that he won't turn into flop... Zzzz

But I really think that we overpaid him. If Vlahovic cost 2 million, I don't know on what basis we paid Lazetic almost three times more.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Who cares about design that much. Difference s small. Go with bigger money. I hope nike knocks on the door with 30M+ but if puma raises offer thats fine. Same with emirates. We were run by morons for too long. Go around, aks for offers. market urself and offers ll come.

Thats why winning scudetto and maybe coppa s important since our deals re close to end. U re in better position when negotiating. It might have bigger impact than anything else.

I understand what you're saying... but we gotta go with Nike. Their whole range is so much better than the competition. And i think we'd sell more to neutral.fans

Oh... and dont forget ... we could have a chance of teaming up.with Jordan

Red and black with the jordan logo 😍

3QDw.gif

Mate thats a match made in heaven.

Its too good an opportunity to miss out on.

I also have a hidden agenda...i sell nike sportswear online 😆

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
hope: serbian piatek 2.0
reality: serbian pellegri

Here we go again :rebicry:
Funny that it seems as if our older players are more fit than the younger players.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Yes Nike all the fuckin way.

They're so much better than the rest its not even close.
Adidas, Puma and Kappa are all much better. Nike would be my last pick if we're looking at it from an aesthetic standpoint

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying... but we gotta go with Nike. Their whole range is so much better than the competition. And i think we'd sell more to neutral.fans

Oh... and dont forget ... we could have a chance of teaming up.with Jordan

Red and black with the jordan logo 😍

View attachment 2602

Mate thats a match made in heaven.

Its too good an opportunity to miss out on.

I also have a hidden agenda...i sell nike sportswear online 😆

I agree with you that Nike has the best jersey designs but tracksuit designs goes to Adidas easilyyyy

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reddit was saying it was an upper body injury (knock) and probably nothing serious, but also that he looked completely out of shape.

I’d love to know what Pioli does to these kids in practice lol. The other day I read Diaz suffered “blunt trauma” in training and I imagined Pioli beating him with a tire iron to toughen him up.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Looks good, but need adidas and white collar or black, w/e it is need collar.

adidas lost its touch years ago, always classy (or just plain old)

Puma is quite innovative but to be honest, they're not up for my taste :lol:

don't mind NB (my favourite running shoes) for a lucrative deal.

NIKE it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule