The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Hate was a strong word fs, but at the same time someone did compare him to Samu which imo is hate speech.

I see your point on injuries, but you’re assuming management will consider a new factor and switch their way of operating. Im basing it on what they’ve already shown, they’ve welcomed injury prone players like Rebic Kjaer Zlatan Giroud Florenzi and are even trying for Sanchez the poster child for hospital fc. Could that change? Sure i think eventually it will.

My whole point stands on next season, the foreseeable future. And next season i think 100% Rebic is here. Purely based on priorities. We have Zlatan Romagnoli Kessie Messias and Florenzi contracts ending at the end of the season. Thats 5 players you have to replace, contracts you have to extend for Bennacer and Leao, and the issue of team quota. Replacing Injury prone players is further down the line imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. Got you.

But it’s not an assumption , it’s just the natural progression. And pretty much what we have been doing to get here. Strengthening as we reach goals and target bigger goals.
Some Players that are deemed useful today to lift scudetto, won’t be when we try to go and mix it up with the big boys in 1/4 & 1/2 finals of CL.
So it’s not a change of direction at all. The same.
The difference is back then we only have few good players, so we were all in accordance that such and such player gotta be upgraded …but now we have pretty much a team of useful players, so of course it’ll be a little harder to agree on who should go. But some good players will go to make room for better players (at least better potential).

Not when will it happen? I agree with you that due to other priorities it could be next year… but if an opportunity arises, I can clearly see Maldini “sink the blow”
So I still say there is a 50% chance that Ante could leaves this summer. And it could be of his own request too.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
so much money wasted..
FOexoPZXwAQvDmi

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t really sign anyone for more money than our current players are making unless it’s an elite signing like Salah. Even still, I have no issue with the 4.5M cap or whatever for the time being, because we have incredible players like Maignan, Tomori, Theo, and hopefully Bennacer/Leao making that or less for years to come.

Let’s get to the promised land with our guys, not Juve cunts like Dybala.

You can add Calabria and Tonali to that list… Kjaer, Rebic.

I’ve enjoyed watching Milan’s rise from the ashes over the last 2.5 years more than I can say. Just keep building in this manner.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow, Inter are really fucked financially.

362.4m revenue
566.7m costs

So around 200m loss for the year.

They're also 700m in debt so far.
----

What Elliott, Gazidis, Maldini, Pioli and the team are doing is just magical. We reduced our costs AND we're in the chase to win the title. Inter had to buy players they can't afford, fucking over their entire future, to win their title. We're doing it while we lowered our wage bill almost by half in the span of three years.

Then you have people here laughing at those same people for wanting to continue the same path and not going after players like Dybala. Laughing at links to Origi, and probably laughed at Tomori, Giroud, Bennacer and even Theo. I think i'm smart enough to have my own opinions but i'm also smart enough to see evidence of competence in others and what's been happening for the past three years has been absolute masterful competence at almost every level. This makes me put aside whatever opinions I might have at a distance and give some benefit of the doubt to those that got us out of the banter era in the right way, and faster than anyone ever expected was possible. If they think Origi is the right one, then they probably have dossiers of analysis about why he might fit tactically in the squad and has the personality to fit in. They have data that shows that he's underpriced and can do the things that our squad needs, better than other options that are either too expensive or aren't as well rounded. They know that spending over 80m to have Dybala in the squad for the next 5 years might not be the best use of that money. That's as much as we pay our entire squad in a year, including taxes.

Some decisions, on a gut level, seem easy. Dybala on a free! Let's goooooo!!!! But step back and look at all the issues, look at all the other options, and you'll see how laughably stupid it is to jump on that 'deal'.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reporter: Milan was in rough spot when you returned, tell about that journey.

Zlatan: The whole journey? I would have to write a new book then.

Reporter: Tell a bit about how things could change for the better, so quickly.

Zlatan: It has been a long journey, let us win the Scudetto and then one day we will sit down and I'll explain it to you, day by day, what we went through. But I will briefly summarise it.

(Continues) When I arrived, it was one situation, now completely different. We've been through... The past two and a half years we've been first or second, but we haven't won anything yet. We miss a trophy. I was asked "what is the last step to take to blossom" (as a footballer).

(Continues) You can get to the top, but the small step from the top to winning trophies (pause) That is where we are, we are about to take that step. It is the only thing we lack, as a team. The situation has been completely turned around (referring to the start of his summary, he emphasise that it is the team in particular lacking this final step).

(Continues) But the fans and the club are used to what they see now, that's what they went through when I left the first time, back then, something changed. I cannot judge or explain what went on during the years I was not there. The position on which we stand today is where the club should be.

Reporter: From the outside it seemed like it was since you returned that caused a change of mentality. (Reporter seeming unsure on his phrasing here and hesitates)

Zlatan: Of course, of course. It is thanks to me, that's what you're trying to say?

Reporter: Yes, something alluding to that.

Zlatan: Good, then you just answered your question. (Joyful Zlatan)

Reporter: What speaks in favour of Milan going all the way?

Zlatan: Listen, I think those eight games are like the two games (Sweden in playoff) that are ahead of us. It does not revolve around how skilled we are, which players are in the team, it is mentally now, the only thing that matters now is what we want. It is in our hands. Every match is a final. It doesn't matter if it is Juventus or the smaller teams. Every game will be tough, very tough. They all count. Every match brings us closer to our goal. Which we've had since the day I arrived.

Stolen from Reddit, last bit is good stuff

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can Maignan put his own GoPro behind his goal and use the video as evidence to identify racists? Is that legally permissible in Italy?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zlatan: Listen, I think those eight games are like the two games (Sweden in playoff) that are ahead of us. It does not revolve around how skilled we are, which players are in the team, it is mentally now, the only thing that matters now is what we want. It is in our hands. Every match is a final. It doesn't matter if it is Juventus or the smaller teams. Every game will be tough, very tough. They all count. Every match brings us closer to our goal. Which we've had since the day I arrived.

Stolen from Reddit, last bit is good stuff
Looks like Bennacer really understood this and is stepping up. Tomori, Kalulu, Theo and Kessie also seemed very focused and sharp. Leao not so much, but that's expected since he never listens to Ibra.

I really hope we destroy Bologna. That Saelemaekers miss is driving me crazy. Napoli are +4 on us now but they're three points behind, meaning that goal difference will only come into play if we lose one and they win one. That means, at the very least, Napoli will gain another two goals on us. So effectively the goal difference is +6. Unless we go on a big goal scoring binge and gain six goals on Napoli, then they basically have the H2H on us.

In a three way tie with Inter, we'd be on top:

Milan 7pts
Inter 5pts
Napoli 4pts

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What Elliott, Gazidis, Maldini, Pioli and the team are doing is just magical. We reduced our costs AND we're in the chase to win the title. Inter had to buy players they can't afford, fucking over their entire future, to win their title. We're doing it while we lowered our wage bill almost by half in the span of three years.
When do they plan on applying this magic to the medical and fitness staff?

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
They're necessary since they're qualifiers, not friendly games.

I can't remember the last time actual friendly games occurred...
they are not qualifiers, France is playing Ivory Coast in a friendly international game march 25th

and dont get me started on UEFA Nations League, that glorified friendly tournament

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I don’t want any player who has played for Juventus

fuck em
Chiesa only player I wanted in Milan.
Wow, Inter are really fucked financially.

362.4m revenue
566.7m costs

So around 200m loss for the year.

They're also 700m in debt so far.
----

Then you have people here laughing at those same people for wanting to continue the same path and not going after players like Dybala. Laughing at links to Origi, and probably laughed at Tomori, Giroud, Bennacer and even Theo. I think i'm smart enough to have my own opinions but i'm also smart enough to see evidence of competence in others and what's been happening for the past three years has been absolute masterful competence at almost every level. This makes me put aside whatever opinions I might have at a distance and give some benefit of the doubt to those that got us out of the banter era in the right way, and faster than anyone ever expected was possible. If they think Origi is the right one, then they probably have dossiers of analysis about why he might fit tactically in the squad and has the personality to fit in. They have data that shows that he's underpriced and can do the things that our squad needs, better than other options that are either too expensive or aren't as well rounded. They know that spending over 80m to have Dybala in the squad for the next 5 years might not be the best use of that money. That's as much as we pay our entire squad in a year, including taxes.

Some decisions, on a gut level, seem easy. Dybala on a free! Let's goooooo!!!! But step back and look at all the issues, look at all the other options, and you'll see how laughably stupid it is to jump on that 'deal'.
He wants 4,5 mln . It's to much for this kind player. I dont understand why people want him. He score us goal. There is plenty players like that. He will earn more than Ibra and Giroud in next season. He will be third choice for FW. He is not good crooser, passer for Wing. I dont see him in Milan. I want to be wrong. I want to know where he is good.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chiesa only player I wanted in Milan.

He wants 4,5 mln . It's to much for this kind player. I dont understand why people want him. He score us goal. There is plenty players like that. He will earn more than Ibra and Giroud in next season. He will be third choice for FW. He is not good crooser, passer for Wing. I dont see him in Milan. I want to be wrong. I want to know where he is good.
If he's asking for 4.5 he won't get that with Maldini. We dropped deals for far less. If the finances don't make sense we simply won't close the deal. He won't be getting paid what Theo or Leao will make, that's for sure.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thiago Silva, Tonali
Fuck Dybala, he's injury prone, juve scum, position-less, expensive and lazy. There's no chance Maldini is interested in him. And the more i think about Origi the less I want him too especially for 4.5m that's just crazy for the player he is. For 3m he's alright even 3.5m is a bit of an overpay.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like Bennacer really understood this and is stepping up. Tomori, Kalulu, Theo and Kessie also seemed very focused and sharp. Leao not so much, but that's expected since he never listens to Ibra.

I really hope we destroy Bologna. That Saelemaekers miss is driving me crazy. Napoli are +4 on us now but they're three points behind, meaning that goal difference will only come into play if we lose one and they win one. That means, at the very least, Napoli will gain another two goals on us. So effectively the goal difference is +6. Unless we go on a big goal scoring binge and gain six goals on Napoli, then they basically have the H2H on us.

In a three way tie with Inter, we'd be on top:

Milan 7pts
Inter 5pts
Napoli 4pts
Yea we should bitchslap bologna or genoa. And hoping napoli loses few games. Considering their schedule i dont think they ll get some huge goal difference wins, probably scraping wins like against udinese. I think its doable in terms of GD.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
so much money wasted..
FOexoPZXwAQvDmi
The great cleansing is completed, all mercenaries gone. It seems like Paolo was working on this from the beginning, can't be a coincidence that all of these players are gone now.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
please win the scudetto so that we can laugh at Hakan. He said he joined inter to win the scudetto and if we win then it is obvious who is the dead weight. haha
this

i know its petty af but i want to see that stupid look on his face again

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is pure poetry :lol:

I've heared a good and similar taken on this too. Before that one game in hand, put pressure on the others. Now with the gap, it's becoming more and more worthless by the day, while the uncertainty becomes more a burden to Inter than pressure to the rest.

Serie A Sports Judge: racist chants in Cagliari-Milan, no provision!​

Seems like no action. And these morons want to compete with EPL for a global audience

As expected. I love Italy but in that regard the country is still middle aged. No words to describe the shame I feel. Undefendable. I hope those white old men die exit their positions rather soon so that a younger generation can finally take over and bring back some dignity to this corrupt fucking shit league.

please tell me this isn't real

Those kits look ugly af, perfectly in tune with this year's jerseys. I adore what Puma has done so far with the exception of this year where they really fucked up every single one of them to a point where I didn't even get one (first time in 10 years I'm breaking my tradition of at least one match kit per year).

But what's a 4th kit worth anyway?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Can Maignan put his own GoPro behind his goal and use the video as evidence to identify racists? Is that legally permissible in Italy?
It will probably become illegal as the Italian magistrates will have too much work dealing with the complaints.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Fuck Dybala, he's injury prone, juve scum, position-less, expensive and lazy. There's no chance Maldini is interested in him. And the more i think about Origi the less I want him too especially for 4.5m that's just crazy for the player he is. For 3m he's alright even 3.5m is a bit of an overpay.
I wouldn’t call him position-less, but the few people in here who want this overpaid jester to fill in for Brahim Diaz’ AM spot are delusional.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It ll be downfall of uefa in the end. Clubs from italy, spain, france, germany.....ll make some form of competition without england teams (im sure bayern and psg ll realise this). After some time england teams ll join that competition. Its inevitable. They ll destroy itself with all sheningans around the rules to help rich clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.