The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Italy always been my favorite National team just because of Milan.. Well Indonesia being underperformed in every national competitions also helped..

Today, I don't think I will buy a single player from Italy NT to play for Milan (except for our own players of course).. It lacks everything that Maldini want.. That is why we are fishing in another countries and sadly it will be the best way for another several years..

I'm quite sad because now I cannot truly support the Azzurri.. Just because of Dollar.. I really despise him.. Well, hopefully time can make me over it then..
I hope this is the end of Dolla in the NT, but I believe choices have been (and will continue to be) made for the wrong reasons. After his last performances and given his mental weekness, Dolla should have not played. One shot one goal. Now I did not see the game, but in CM most people blame Dolla (bad position, no reaction).

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I detest Dollar as much as anyone, but it’s not his fault Italy won’t be at the WC. The Azzurri have been woeful since the EURO. Jorginho misses a penalty last year that would have clinched qualification. Italy’s only real strength is the midfield, Mancini needed to go all Spain and just have midfielders everywhere.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gravina blaming Serie A teams for the loss. If I had any hope that there would be a real change, that has vanished. More of the same in the Italian NT future ...

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I grew up in Italy but lived most of my life in the US. I have always supported Italy in international games. Except today. Could not watch the game (working and in meetings) but tried to follow. Before the game I had a bad feeling, and yet a part of me was ready to accept a loss. Why? Because over several months events have caused my anger to build up against FIGC, Serie A, and the whole lot of them:
  • Serie A is hopelessly corrupt (refs, VARs, no action on teams violating rules, etc.)
  • Serie A does not seem to be able to deal with racism, even blatant cases (like Cagliari). My compatriots just do not get it.
  • The NT selection was not rational. I have to wonder if Mancini just f***ed up, or if his choices were influenced by others (back to corruption).
  • I have developed a deep hatred for Dollaraiola (you can argue it is irrational, but ... what can I say). I was hoping to see someone else in goal.
  • We somehow managed to win the Euro (not fully deserved), thus many of my countrymen convinced themselves that we are great again. And whenever the NT has played with this frame of mind our results have been disappointing (our last 2 WCs as well as the Euro came when Italy was not expected to do well).
Bottom line, disappointed + saddened by the result, but kind of expected it, and it felt good to see Dolla contributing to the loss (yes, this is irrational).

I truly hope today serves as a wakeup call for FIGC, but I seriously doubt it will. The current player quality is the worse I have ever seen in my lifetime, but to a large extent this is self-inflicted, and I doubt there is a will to change things.
  • Serie A has been (and still is) in a downwards spiral (corruption, obsolete stadiums that cannot be replaced because of more corruption, etc.)
  • The "Decreto Crescita" that has been helping Milan financially is hurting the chances to develop young native talent
  • With the Italian population becoming more diverse, you would expect us to find talent in immigrants, yet I do not see that happening (racism?)
  • The people who make decisions do not seem to care about the future of the NT (they may claim they do, but that is not reflected in decisions they make)
So, back to Forza Milan !!! Let's win both scudetto and coppa !!!

Bravo 👏 👏 👏

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I detest Dollar as much as anyone, but it’s not his fault Italy won’t be at the WC. The Azzurri have been woeful since the EURO. Jorginho misses a penalty last year that would have clinched qualification. Italy’s only real strength is the midfield, Mancini needed to go all Spain and just have midfielders everywhere.
I agree that others are to be blamed for this fiasco. Italy could have and should have won the group. But today, Dolla did contribute to the loss. As did others.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
It’s 100% his fault !
It’s been raining in My city for the past 2 days, it’s 100% on him!
I lost $100 bill last week. I mistakenly put it my the same pocket I put my phone. And it probably fell out at some point while taking my phone out…guess what. It’s 100% his fault!

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On another note. How good is Leao? He came on and started ruining player’s careers. When he is on, he is on. He makes it look effortless. Hopefully this gives him the momentum to get back on form with us.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Totally deserved elimination. Mancini made the classic mistake relying on the same players who won the championship:
- still calling up Chiellini (although yesterday he didn’t play), I mean come on
- not trying someone else at left back
- ditching players like Scamacca and Zaccagni and insisting with Insigne and Immobile
- and maybe I’m biased but during the qualifiers Tonali should’ve at least started half the games instead of Jorginho, to introduce him properly to the team

Mancini should’ve introduced some fresh blood, hungry players. Insigne in a couple of months stops being a professional player when he goes to Canada, ditch his ass.

And seriously, Florenzi STARTS and Calabria isn’t even called up? And calling up Joao Pedro? 😆

I like Mancini, but this is squarely on him.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I am on holiday, so didn't see anything from the game. Just keeping up to date with Milan, so I read some comments laughing about Dollar. Just quickly wanted to join in and laugh too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Seems like snake is making mistakes in every game now, he really has regressed, well done Psg.

But tbh I'm not really interested in the WC in Qatar, shouldn't be in such a country, not looking forward to it. Same as the Winter olympics in China, didn't watch anything, it's just not supposed to be there.

vendetta27

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bierhoff, Kaka', Tonali
By the way, I just noticed that the last shoot on goal by Florenzi was blocked by Joao Pedro for goal kick.. Hahaha.. The shoot was definitely on target with 2 Italy players ready to pounce on the rebound..

Congratulations to North Macedonia though.. They played their game perfectly..

Seriously what did the Italy players expect after missing so many opportunities.. It was their own fault..

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His career has been going down ever since he left Milan. Lack of playing time, single handedly screw up PSG CL and now out of WC 2022. I believe in Karma.
Karma is too easy an answer. He left an environment that was extremely supportive of him, since he was a child. Milan was ignoring his clearly obvious flaws because he was improving gradually. In the end we were offering him a contract as much as, if not more, than what he was getting elsewhere. He ignored the offer, laughed at Maldini's face and thought we'd wait for him to make a decision at the end of the transfer window.

If he wanted to leave so badly he could have extended his contract with a reasonable release clause and left with dignity. You'd see every Milan fan supporting him if he had done that. He left us with nothing and he deserves all the hate in the world for doing that. His excuses about wanting to 'grow' and develop were pathetic, he thought he was better than Milan. Now he's on the bench, hated by PSG and Milan fans and Maignan is becoming a Milan legend.

Kessie at least made his decision early so we don't get fucked. He's still a bitch, but we can plan ahead. Gigio thought he could blackmail us all summer and still get what he wants and Maldini slapped him in the face by signing Maignan the day after we qualified to the CL. Then he has the balls to say 'Milan never called me!'. Fuck him.

Really hope this ends up being a lesson for other players, to show them the value of a good environment and that it might sometimes be worth it to stay where you're protected, playing and developing. Especially early in your career. Donnarumma believed his own hype and now he's learning he's probably not as good as he thought, and will start to have confidence issues and spiral down with nobody to support him.

64598225.jpg

Last edited:

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I don't understand your irony and sarcasm not even trying, but you should be more careful speaking about someone's nationality and nation
Every Italian in here should raise their voice

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Italy problem with group stage and qualification started with 3pt for a win.

But once they get to the knockout stages they are a opponent you want to avoid.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
What does it mean to be a Milan defender? Kalulu: "It means challenging Ibra every day

renew Zlatan please

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Telelombardia - Milan, in recent days meeting with Ismaila Sarr's intermediaries: it costs a lot, Liverpool likes it too

As reported by Telelombardia, there has been a meeting in recent days at Casa Milan between the intermediary of Ismaila Sarr and the Rossoneri managers. The interest is there, even if the valuation is very high, 50 million. In case of relegation, things would change. On him there is also Liverpool.

do we have another winger better than Sarr linked to us? If not, maybe RnB Jinx Army should start to work

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

From the article:

Specifically, Juve announced in 2020 that the players had agreed to give up three months’ worth of wages to help the club through the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, investigators argue that many of the players received the full salary anyway, it just wasn’t put on the Juventus accounts, therefore avoiding taxes and helping to balance the books.

If confirmed, that would not only suggest Juve were trying to pay their players with ‘moonlighting’ wages, but also that these big stars who declared they were giving up money to help the club during a difficult time did no such thing.

There has long been talk of a private agreement with Cristiano Ronaldo and it is now reported that wasn’t the only one, with circa €60m of the €90m supposedly ‘saved’ in fact paid anyway.

Just relegate them back to Serie B already!

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
No. 1 with 8 games remaining. These times are fantastic as a Milan fan! I can't wait to see Inter and Napoli drop further points next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.