The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Because when Messias gets into the final third, he doesn't shank his pass to the corner flag? He crosses often, which might explain his passing percentage, but again, I think he's there to dribble, to draw attention away from the center and left, or to at least just create spacing for the team to operate.

Semi speculation. It's not like he's the only guy who crosses in the team. I'm actually not saying he's a horrible passer, in fact I was saying that stats are limited (because passes are different in different areas of the field), I'm just saying that highlighting his passing skills isn't the thing you should do when he has the worst pass success rate and isn't exactly known for having homing crosses.

No one is saying "we must keep Messias and Alexis at all costs!" We have 9 games left (maybe 10) of the season, and while delivery jokes are... great, I'm not sure arguing for Alexis over Messias is exactly a slam dunk.

I'm not arguing with anyone even though some posters just said they want to redeem Messias. The only reason I'm discussing Messias atm is because of your replies. No need to resolve to your recurring snarky tone, I was just trying to lighten it up.

you'll see Messias' winning a header to create the chaos for that shank. You can contribute to a goal without the direct assist.

I agree. Pretty sure that would also statistically count as being involved in an attacking sequence

Do you want to start Alexis over Messias? Okay. Cool. He still has problems to his game. We need a RW and we can't get a new one until the summer.

It should be possible to highlight some bad stats and have a discussion without being dismissed and portrayed as someone who's all doom and gloom.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Semi speculation. It's not like he's the only guy who crosses in the team. I'm actually not saying he's a horrible passer, in fact I was saying that stats are limited (because passes are different in different areas of the field), I'm just saying that highlighting his passing skills isn't the thing you should do when he has the worst pass success rate and isn't exactly known for having homing crosses.

I'm not arguing with anyone even though some posters just said they want to redeem Messias. The only reason I'm discussing Messias atm is because of your replies. No need to resolve to your recurring snarky tone, I was just trying to lighten it up.

I agree. Pretty sure that would also statistically count as being involved in an attacking sequence

It should be possible to highlight some bad stats and have a discussion without being dismissed and portrayed as someone who's all doom and gloom.
They're both bad options, that's my point. I can see what Pioli wants to do with Messias. I am actually a bigger fan of Alexis than Messias. But, I'm not sure you want a discussion. I'm not dismissing you, all that I am doing is I'm offering my theory as to why Messias starts over Alexis right now. You are saying that Messias sucks. Cool. He does. Do you think Alexis should start over Messias? Cool. I like Alexis. But Alexis sucks, too. The RW is a problem, which is why I want a new RW.

Oh, and I am not trying to be snarky. I'm not trying to dismiss you, either, the issue is I don't see what you're offering. Is it the stats? You said yourself stats alone can be misleading, I'd agree with you. I disagree with you on other points, but if you're going to get upset, then I'd rather not discuss this point further because I'd prefer to be friends with you and others on here, because arguing over tactics, players, and management strategies is a fun game to me, not some contest of wills.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
he currently stands at over 2 metres tall and weighs over 100kg

goddamn :lol:

giphy.gif

damn! he looks like an anomaly.

moves well for that size though & takes freekicks

this guy is a cf....and thats obvious right??

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
They're both bad options, that's my point. I can see what Pioli wants to do with Messias. I am actually a bigger fan of Alexis than Messias. But, I'm not sure you want a discussion. I'm not dismissing you, all that I am doing is I'm offering my theory as to why Messias starts over Alexis right now. You are saying that Messias sucks. Cool. He does. Do you think Alexis should start over Messias? Cool. I like Alexis. But Alexis sucks, too. The RW is a problem, which is why I want a new RW.

Oh, and I am not trying to be snarky. I'm not trying to dismiss you, either, the issue is I don't see what you're offering. Is it the stats? You said yourself stats alone can be misleading, I'd agree with you. I disagree with you on other points, but if you're going to get upset, then I'd rather not discuss this point further because I'd prefer to be friends with you and others on here, because arguing over tactics, players, and management strategies is a fun game to me, not some contest of wills.

WarpedTautAlligatorsnappingturtle-max-1mb.gif

You should discuss with Nekky who wants to redeem Messias since you and me are in agreement in everything except I don't really value Messias current contribution as highly as you are

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Our injuries have gone down after the meeting in which it was apparently decided that medical staff will be involved in the preparations and training regime. Which happened few months ago. As I've read somewhere. It said Maldini wasn't ok with the number and type of injuries and staff was under observation. The decision didn't sit well with Pioli's staff but the club decided so. Since then we are, so far, ok. It doesn't have to do a lot with pressing. Also the team got more mature and compact so you have to run less for nothing.

About our half chances created: yes, we do create a lot but we lack a bit of quality to be fair. They will try to add it with Berrardi and Adli, Sanchez... we will see. Leao also needs to be way more precise but I'm sure that will happen once a high quality right side is here and we gain more balance = Leao more space for 1 on 1, not 1 vs 3 40m from the goal.

Also I'm in for Scamacca. Think he can progress a lot and he's very technical! Which can help 433 a lot.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Our injuries have gone down after the meeting in which it was apparently decided that medical staff will be involved in the preparations and training regime. Which happened few months ago. As I've read somewhere. It said Maldini wasn't ok with the number and type of injuries and staff was under observation. The decision didn't sit well with Pioli's staff but the club decided so. Since then we are, so far, ok. It doesn't have to do a lot with pressing. Also the team got more mature and compact so you have to run less for nothing.

any link to articles on this meeting? i don't remember anything about it. would like to read more on it.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Bayern and Liverpool are doped out of their minds.

Observationally, I think we have pressed less this season and I wonder if that is because of the insane number of injuries we were struggling with. Perhaps an adjustment to decrease injury risk?
Less Kessie?

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Check his injury history after transforming his body.
And in addition he has a body type suboptimal for football with such arms, forearms and shoulders. This is completely useless muscles which take stamina to maintain and his low body fat must underwhelm his energy level.

That's poor preparation for a footballer.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
"Big" reason. The other two are Koulibaly and Osimhen. Napoli looked like a midtable team during AFCON.

They only drew juventus during afcon winning the rest of their games. I do not think you description is accurate.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
damn! he looks like an anomaly.

moves well for that size though & takes freekicks

Massive and giant. Did someone saw him. From technical point o view I see Stam. I want him. He can be big.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Why did Balotelli tattoo'd his inmate number on his face? What has he done now?
He heard AC Milan were linked to a CF with neck tattoos and tried to raise the bar to face tattoos to see if Maldini will call him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Watching Milan - Ajax from 2003. Holy fucking shit we played bad during first half.

Sheva-Pippo
Rui Costa
Kaladze - Ambrosini - Brocchi
Costacurta - Maldini - Nesta - Simic

That midfield :lol:

That Tomasson/Inzaghi goal gonna feel good in 40 minutes

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
He heard AC Milan were linked to a CF with neck tattoos and tried to raise the bar to face tattoos to see if Maldini will call him.
I think his tattoo artist got confused when he said he wanted to leave.

"Leaf? Ok i give you leaf"

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Watching Milan - Ajax from 2003. Holy fucking shit we played bad during first half.

Sheva-Pippo
Rui Costa

Surely you meant Inzaghi :o
Tomasson gets 0 credit for stealing it :o
#StillButthurt :o

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AC Milan want a Club Brugge forward to bolster the attack ahead of the 2022-23 season but it is not Noa Lang, according to a report.

La Gazzetta dello Sport (via MilanNews) reported last week that Lang is a target for the Rossoneri and the plan is to agree personal terms with the 22-year-old Dutchman before convincing Brugge to let him go for around €20m rather than the current €25m asking price.

However, Calciomercato.com claim that his team-mate Charles De Ketelaere is more of a target for Milan than Lang at the moment, as they are very attentive to the growth of the Belgian club’s talents. De Ketelaere has 17 goals and 9 assists in 41 games across all competitions so far this season.

Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara believe that the 21-year-old attacking midfielder, with his physicality and talent, would represent an alternative with different characteristics to the players currently in the squad.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
AC Milan want a Club Brugge forward to bolster the attack ahead of the 2022-23 season but it is not Noa Lang, according to a report.

La Gazzetta dello Sport (via MilanNews) reported last week that Lang is a target for the Rossoneri and the plan is to agree personal terms with the 22-year-old Dutchman before convincing Brugge to let him go for around €20m rather than the current €25m asking price.

However, Calciomercato.com claim that his team-mate Charles De Ketelaere is more of a target for Milan than Lang at the moment, as they are very attentive to the growth of the Belgian club’s talents. De Ketelaere has 17 goals and 9 assists in 41 games across all competitions so far this season.

Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara believe that the 21-year-old attacking midfielder, with his physicality and talent, would represent an alternative with different characteristics to the players currently in the squad.
Finally a link to this perfect 10 for us. Bye Diaz.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
UEFA are expected to vote through a reform to the way that the Champions League is structured after the European Club Association put forward a new model.

According to The Athletic understands, the Champions League will switch to a “Swiss-model” from the 2024-25 season which involves every team playing in a single league at the ‘group stage’ meaning a guarantee of at least 10 games.

There will also be an increase to 36 teams in that stage which is four more than the current 32. The extra places would include two teams with the best historical performance that have finished just outside the Champions League spots in their own league. These will be known as the two ‘co-efficient places’ and will be based on performance in Europe over the last five seasons.

Then, a further slot will go to the fifth-best performing league in Europe and there will be a ‘Champions’ pathway in qualification for the 36th and final spot. Therefore, an extra two slots could in theory go to teams in the Premier League, La iga, Serie A or the Bundesliga.

UEFA secretary general Giorgio Marchetti spoke to representatives of Europe’s top side in Vienna today, while it should be discussed by UEFA in April next month before being green lighted in May ahead of being implemented for the start of the 2024-25 season.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Xavi thinks lesbian is overrated

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Finally a link to this perfect 10 for us. Bye Diaz.

Yeah, it seems De Ketelare seems a really good fit for Pioli's system. Pioli has said he want a chameleonic Milan with players who can play multiple positions. Even now we see the Milan players often switching positions in games to create space and confuse the opposing players. De Ketelaere can play all the midfield and attacking positions and is good at pressing, He seems perfect for this Milan team. I can imagine De Ketelaere, Origi, Leao, Theo, RW constantly switching around and screwing with the other teams.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
And obviously finishing your chances is a big, big difference maker between good and great teams. We need to be more clinical, because an unfair 1-1 can happen, but it's not like the team aren't trying. There's pressure and hopefully Ibra can give us a last push. I think we underestimate how strong this Milan squad is because most pundits, and fans, can't attach to names.

I also think the signs of Milan's growth have been there, for a while, so many people just didn't want to see it. The improvement under Pioli was night-and-day to Giampaolo, but the results weren't there. Then there was the post-lockdown form, but people were like "nah, just a run of form." Okay... then the next year, fighting for 1st, finish second, but people are like "ah, well, they barely got 2nd, no crowds, blah blah" even though this was a team full of infants last year.

This year, the team has been ravaged by injuries (like last year), and still, it's performing. This year was supposed to be different, crowds would intimidate us, "all the new coaches!!!" "Serie A is stronger than ever!" But now that we are first, challenging for the title, what is the narrative? Oh, this is the worst Serie A in years all of a sudden, and now Sarri, Mourinho, Allegri, and Simeone are all jokes.

Inter has been without Broz for two matches, look at them. We miss key players for months at a time, rotating around which area is hurt the most, but look at the results.
The sad thing is that I see a lot of negativism like what you just described on other Milan sites (well, one in particular). There still is a vocal #elliotout sentiment. Last summer it was all about how deeply in trouble we were going to be this year, with a stronger Inter and better coaches in other teams. Any success is greeted by a chorus of "we just got lucky". Way too many people would love to swap places with Inter if they only could ("well, they won trophies, we have not", "a scudetto is worth it even if the team ends up struggling financially" and "I don't believe they have financial problems anyway"). And many insist that you simply cannot win anything if you pursue a sustainable business model. The claim is that Bayern is the only exception (and that purely because of an abnormal situation), so people get grumpy at me when I point out that other teams that operate "as a business" have won at a European level (for example, Liverpool and ManU). Recently, I even got ridiculed for stating that the team has been improving and last year we were already challenging for 1st place.

One of the reasons I really like this site is that (most) people seem to get it, and even when there is debate I end up learning something from it.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Sheva-Pippo
Rui Costa

Can never forget that game man. I ran around like a mad man at that lasts minute winner.

2002/2003 was such a beautiful tournament even better whopping our Italian rivals to win the whole thing

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Can never forget that game man. I ran around like a mad man at that lasts minute winner.

2002/2003 was such a beautiful tournament even better whopping our Italian rivals to win the whole thing
I remember how happy I was watching that match. Back then TV stations chose to air one live match and they probably had a Real Madrid or Man Utd match live, so I waited for them to show the replay of Milan v Ajax and that was at around 1 AM. The TV was in my parents room and they were sleeping while I was watching on mute. When Inzaghi/Tomasson scored the winner they thought an earthquake hit us. It was impossible to contain the joy after the rollercoaster that happened before it. They must have realized how crazy I can be. The best thing about my love for Milan is that whenever I say that Milan is playing, everyone at home totally understands that I do not need to be present in whatever occasion there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule