The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bologna match almost feel like a defeat, i think maldini need to revamp the whole attacking line. They will be main culprit if we failed to win scudetto (whole, yes including slippy leao)
Legitimate CAM and RW starters would transform the attack. Giroud and Leao have done well considering the lack of service, I mean Maignan has created most of Leao’s chances (this isn’t a fact, but maybe he has). Otherwise, he has to take on defenders and create something out of nothing. Same for Theo, teams are just clamping the left side up.

The attack needs balance, let’s hope Adli blows us away in addition to another CAM and some RW talent.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Legitimate CAM and RW starters would transform the attack. Giroud and Leao have done well considering the lack of service, I mean Maignan has created most of Leao’s chances (this isn’t a fact, but maybe he has). Otherwise, he has to take on defenders and create something out of nothing. Same for Theo, teams are just clamping the left side up.

The attack needs balance, let’s hope Adli blows us away in addition to another CAM and some RW talent.
Adli will do fine and after 1 season he’ll either cut his hair or tie it up in away that it’ll free up his eyes and further improve his vision.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This Milan can't win 7 in a row. So pray hard!

Coz this Milan lacks experience... as Samaldinho said, they were too franatic...

We have the lowest average team age of all leading teams in Europe's Top 5. Something around 26,2 years. Take away Zlatan and Kjaer who aren't playing and the number drops to 23 or so.

It's actually insane and, while frustrating, certainly a reason why accidents like Bologna or Salernitana happen so frequently.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have the lowest average team age of all leading teams in Europe's Top 5. Something around 26,2 years. Take away Zlatan and Kjaer who aren't playing and the number drops to 23 or so.

It's actually insane and, while frustrating, certainly a reason why accidents like Bologna or Salernitana happen so frequently.
I didn't believe this so I actually made a spreadsheet and if you count everyone younger than Rebic (removing Messias, Florenzi, Kjaer, Giroud, Tata, Mirante and Ibra) then the average age is exactly 24.41 years. The whole squad is 27.54. Still a very young squad, but not as extreme as 23 years.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This is a big deal, it's why I question this squads mentality so often. These guys are very green and throwing in 2-3 experienced players isn't going to change that

In big situations, they clearly play nervous and that's understandable

That being said they squandered all hype and expectations last week so I'm sure we'll see a good performance today

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
After seeing how exhausted Perisic was after the game, and then looking at Inter's upcoming schedule, I think they will drop some points.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
He does have a really long neck though, so that should help with his vision already. Seriously though, the man is a monster: https://fbref.com/en/players/26777636/scout/365_euro/Yacine-Adli-Scouting-Report
Went on YouTube earlier to see if they had posted new comp of him and came across a pre match press conference… the maturity, responsibility in his expression is also top.
He is a 100% Maldini guy. Top talent with a great head on his shoulders. Personality, confidence.

As someone posted yesterday (sorry Don’t remember exactly who) I’m in a rush to get to next season. Ohh it’ll be fun!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn't believe this so I actually made a spreadsheet and if you count everyone younger than Rebic (removing Messias, Florenzi, Kjaer, Giroud, Tata, Mirante and Ibra) then the average age is exactly 24.41 years. The whole squad is 27.54. Still a very young squad, but not as extreme as 23 years.

Yeah those 23 were more like pulled out of my ass 😅.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Went on YouTube earlier to see if they had posted new comp of him and came across a pre match press conference… the maturity, responsibility in his expression is also top.
He is a 100% Maldini guy. Top talent with a great head on his shoulders. Personality, confidence.

As someone posted yesterday (sorry Don’t remember exactly who) I’m in a rush to get to next season. Ohh it’ll be fun!
Have you seen his charity work? The man is the prototypical Maldini signing in terms of attitude and mentality. I keep getting more and more hyped about him the more I learn. He's almost perfect.

Can't wait for next season to have all my hopes and expectations completely destroyed by reality.

Last edited:

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Probably because Milan has a balanced scoring load, defenders and midfielders will generally tend to not have as high an xG

The only person who plays regularly for the squad and would be considered clinical is Giroud and he's useless unless the ball is on his left foot
xG doesn’t take into account who’s finishing or what position they play. The xG of a chance is still the same whether it’s finished by Cristiano Ronaldo, Alessio Cerci or Antonio Donnarumma.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
ah, they took my advice.

you're welcome

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Is former Lille player Nicolas Pepe available on loan this summer? Can see us doing a deal like €5m loan fee and €30m buy-out option.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is former Lille player Nicolas Pepe available on loan this summer? Can see us doing a deal like €5m loan fee and €30m buy-out option.
If Arsenal go for Asensio then Pepe has no future there. He's already behind Saka. I think Arsenal set price of 30m for him.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Do you try to praise Lord Vulture by a frontline Leao - Origi - Pepe?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you try to praise Lord Vulture by a frontline Leao - Origi - Pepe?
Renato in midfield. Botman and Kjaer in defense. Maignan in goal. That's 7 former Lille players.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Asensio would have to seriously reduce his 7m wage to warrant being signed. Like him or not, Dybala would cost that on a free

Id play Alexis/defensive RM if our 10/SS could have the goal scoring/assisting ability of Dybala. Diaz cant do shit, most our attackers cant do shit when it comes to final ball. dyabala missed like 50% as a starter in past 3 years (no not mostly due to injuries) but still look @ where he comes on their all time scorers lists, especially UCL

i think pioli would work wonders with this guy, he loves a player like that and has had them in his lazio team

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Can't believe people are pining for Pepe when he's been such a catastrophic flop for Arsenal.

Also, I think Asensio is unlikely to want to join an eternal mid table club like Arsenal. He wants CL.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Question is Origi, Pepe, Dybala and Asensio are good for our project.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Question is Origi, Pepe, Dybala and Asensio are good for our project.
They would definitely improve this squad a lot even if they aren't the end goal kind of players.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't believe people are pining for Pepe when he's been such a catastrophic flop for Arsenal.
I never understood the hype around pepe.
Even at Lille he wasn’t that special. His goals stats were awesome, but each time I saw him play, he sucked.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
in principal, a wealthy man will do a dd, proper research, in order to understand the market price for a web forum similar to rnb.
further, a wealthy man will make his move through a proper inquiry. Indicate clearly your intention and demonstrate your plan to the current owner.

not like... "Im rich, David, sell me the forum"

there you go, I give you a lesson learned. next time, be a better con man, ok?
Yes… because the negotiations had were in the rumor commode :lol:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if already mentioned but Asensio got 10 goals already this season

a recent motm performance. he looks very explosive & confident in this

Last edited:

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Definitely the scout. Since Mauro Bianchessi left, we haven't really seen any Serie A level youngsters come through.

He's the guy that found Donnarumma, Locatelli, Cristante, Cutrone, and Calabria.
We got roback
That kid from parma
Kerkez
And now lazetic
Still primavera performa like shit
Its the coach

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Status