• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
lol Faivre. I don’t know why you think he would succeed in Serie A and especially at Milan.
The kid is not so special and has an ego problem. Three goals in 10matches in Ligue Un isn’t that spectacular, more flops have some that before.

That we didn’t buy a RW isn’t on Maldini, but more on Gazidis and Elliot’s policy.
Its your theory.
Mine is that Faivre would have scored 20 goals & registered 20 assists for us.
Saying what would be is easy & we can both do it.

Fact remain , Sale & Dias arent football players you shoudl rely on.
There is x4 probability that Faivre or Adli would do a better job than those two..
I guaranteed you both will suck & they did.
Also Faivre is having a better season than Adli.
So if you dont expect much of Faivre then i wonder why would you for Adli.

So Elliot told Maldini to use those 5mil on Lazetic over a RW ?
Or they prevented him from taking two mil he had & up Faivre or any other RW out there over Lazetic?
If Maldini dont have authority of using 5mil he already has then maybe its better he should resign.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If we win today I may start believing in the Scudetto. Merda have 2 more games in this period. No way they don't have an off game. It's just impossible. Their schedule is much easier on paper but so was ours in the beginning of this month when we dropped 4 points to Torino and Bologna...
Inter will likely drop points in at least one game if not two because they are bound to have an off game in the next 6 games so we can still theoretically win the title.

Only problem is we need to win all of our own games for it to matter. If we fail to win out its hard to see how we win the Scudetto and with our limp attack who knows how we can pull off 5 wins now

We will find out in a couple of hours though. If we want the title then we have to beat Lazio

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How much Meite cost us ?
Is it debatable that 0.5 that we paid for loaning Meite secured our CL spot last season ?
Maldini could have pulled a Meite for our AM & RW.
Thing is he never tried for AM & he failed for our RW.
Instead he trusted Diaz & Sale & recruited Messais & he failed on all three.
Was this also on Elliot & Gazi ?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Its your theory.
Mine is that Faivre would have scored 20 goals & registered 20 assists for us.
Saying what would be is easy & we can both do it.

Fact remain , Sale & Dias arent football players you shoudl rely on.
There is x4 probability that Faivre or Adli would do a better job than those two..
I guaranteed you both will suck & they did.
Also Faivre is having a better season than Adli.
So if you dont expect much of Faivre then i wonder why would you for Adli.

So Elliot told Maldini to use those 5mil on Lazetic over a RW ?
Or they prevented him from taking two mil he had & up Faivre or any other RW out there over Lazetic?
If Maldini dont have authority of using 5mil then maybe its better he should resign.
True about the theories. Agree to disagree.
But agree on Salad and Diaz.
About Salad I knew what we were buying. While having seen him since his debut at Anderlecht.
There must have been only 5mil in the war chest, so they opted for a prospect Lazetic instead of someone with personal problems.
I expect a lot from Adli, as he is scouted and given green light by our entire management. That wasn’t the case about Faivre.
We will never know what happens behind the curtains…so we can only speculate about who is right and who is wrong in this discussion.
All that said, I hope Maldini and co can stay here for a long time, as they have some the best possible with players at their disposal.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Faivre is space shuttle compared to Diaz or Messi ass/Salad. In the worst case, he could be a good backup (in the future), for only 15 million but he is five levels above our RW's. And no doubt he would be a good player and starter here.

But I hate that Elliott didn’t want to invest more than 12 million. And that Maldini was waiting for the last day of the mercato, even though he had three fucking months to find a RW.

Btw this kid Asllani is a really interesting player, I hope we bring him. :star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Maldini was like Diaz can pull AM if we give him number 10.
He was like am gonna waste millions on Lazetic , Roback , Baka , Diaz , FBT , Messais , renewing Sale , getting a status lime OG instead of doing a better job scouting better players or finalising deals for a couple of mil more.
No one said Maldini refused more money , am sure not saying Maldini is doing a good job & wouldnt replace him for no SD out there but i ask more efficiency on money he wasted.
Some risks succeed and some don't. Nothing new.

You're really making too much out of this nr 10 thing, ffs even Honda have had it. It's never been a special number for us anyway.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Some risks succeed and some don't. Nothing new.

You're really making too much out of this nr 10 thing, ffs even Honda have had it. It's never been a special number for us anyway.
Of course i am.
Its fun to think that Maldini thought its a magical number :D

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I watched Chelsea-WHU for a while and at one point they made three substitutions because they needed a goal ... Lukaku, Ziyech and Pulisic. Holy shit.

Compare our benches, we have Salad and Krunic. :lol:

acmilano84

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It is amazing how some people's thought in here. Complaining only when they see the results and shit on Maldini's work. Think they will be doing better in reality they know nothing.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Empoli destroying Napoli. Hope they can keep their form and destroying Inter too

Pingu

Pioli #1 Fan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
When @mrki blames referees for what likely will be stealing Scudetto from us (and at the same time handing Inter points to perhaps win it) then you know it's not just a conspiracy :o

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I watched Chelsea-WHU for a while and at one point they made three substitutions because they needed a goal ... Lukaku, Ziyech and Pulisic. Holy shit.

Compare our benches, we have Salad and Krunic. :lol:
I wish , Salad is a starter & Kru is better than the starter.
No need to discuss other team's bench.

Swagotelli

Milan swag
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
damn… can’t decide which is the biggest choke club between Roma and Napoli

Pingu

Pioli #1 Fan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
A win today for us pretty much puts Napoli out of Scudetto race I'd think. They'd be 7 points behind us with 12 to play for. So, they'd need us and Inter to massively bottle it.

Let's hope Empoli take points from Inter too as to Bologna mid-week to put us in control again.

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Arguing about refs, y'know, things that happened in the past is annoying... but arguing about what we should have done in previous transfer windows, that's not boring?

I wanted Maldini to do more in the winter transfer window, and the summer one, but the distinction, in my mind, is that even if we did have Faivre or whatever, refs can still fuck you over--and they've tried (Atalanta, Verona); I just don't get how you see the Napoli "passive offside" decision and be like "yeah, that was right" when that decision alone is the difference between us being on top or not right now.
I'm actually a fan of your write-ups but this your obsessive take on refs and trying to draw the same line with what the management would have done differently to make the scudetto ours is really not substantial. They are not the same thing....winter transfer move for RW or AM or both would have given us the scudetto but we didn't do it(that's what we can control) .How refs have screwed us over is something we have to power on. Why can't we just do what we can (rightly) and stop expecting these refs to be sane while officiating our matches. We messed this up,it shouldn't even be close between Merda and Us. I'm sure we will become the European powerhouse that we are as from next season. I'm just chilling till we roast Lazio. Forza Milan

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini bought players we didnt need & didnt address big fucking holes in the starting 11.
Roback & lazetic comes to mind.
2mil separated us from Faivre & i would rather Maldini used them on him than Roback or Lazetic.

About the refs , you continue with your theory while i expect Maldini to become a better SD.

Roback? What has Roback to do with our last transfer window? Roback arrived in the summer window of 2020.

Lazetic was a direct replacement for the exiting Pellegri. He didn't take the spot or budget from Faivre.

And Faivre... since joining Lyon instead of us he produced 3 goals in 1017 minutes. Even Messias did better with 6 goals in 1559 minutes. There's literally no guarantee or prove (your words) that a signing - while I fully agree I'd liked one too especially in that position - would have made any difference.

Pingu

Pioli #1 Fan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'm actually a fan of your write-ups but this your obsessive take on refs and trying to draw the same line with what the management would have done differently to make the scudetto ours is really not substantial. They are not the same thing....winter transfer move for RW or AM or both would have given us the scudetto but we didn't do it(that's what we can control) .How refs have screwed us over is something we have to power on. Why can't we just do what we can (rightly) and stop expecting these refs to be sane while officiating our matches. We messed this up,it shouldn't even be close between Merda and Us. I'm sure we will become the European powerhouse that we are as from next season. I'm just chilling till we roast Lazio. Forza Milan
Just to point out, but why should we need to 100% have reinforced those two positions just to protect ourselves from referees stealing points? Do other teams have to make sure every role was upgraded by spending money we might not have had/been able to spend to ensure this also? Please tell me one other team in this scenario like us.

It's like the argument someone used after the Spezia and Udinese farces saying we should just "score more" and we would win. No shit, sure, we should have reinforced and have been in a better position. But that doesn't make the scandalous decisions against us okay or that we should have to have done XYZ to prevent the negative effects of it. These decisions should never have been made at the highest level of Serie A to begin with, let alone so often against us and in favor of Scudetto rivals.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Maldini was like Diaz can pull AM if we give him number 10.
He was like am gonna waste millions on Lazetic , Roback , Baka , Diaz , FBT , Messais , renewing Sale , getting a status lime OG instead of doing a better job scouting better players or finalising deals for a couple of mil more.
No one said Maldini refused more money , am sure not saying Maldini is doing a good job & wouldnt replace him for no SD out there but i ask more efficiency on money he wasted.
You’re speculating. We know nothing what was the budget and what Elliot was okay with.

You can hate all you want on paolo but we are one point away from achieving our season objective; ucl qualification.

Pingu

Pioli #1 Fan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
You’re speculating. We know nothing what was the budget and what Elliot was okay with.

You can hate all you want on paolo but we are one point away from achieving our season objective; ucl qualification.
There is a reason you're as wise as Master Yoda.

yoda-suicide-squad.gif

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

His point is, while he agrees that signings would have been ideal, we can not say for sure that those signings would have made any difference (we cannot, literally, while we can agree it'd be more probable tho, but, again, not for sure). What we can say for sure tho is that for example the late goals in extra time against Napoli or Spezia that were farcially not given took us away crucial and important points we're direly missing now. That's not even debatable.

I agree with everyone who says "let's focus on what we can controll because lamenting over the referees takes away energies we need for the remainder of the season", but not to the extend of "it's our own fault that we didn't prematurely protect ourselfs from referee mistakes and 8-10 injured players per game for months". No team in the world does that. Just look at - and I know I sound like a broken record - Liverpool last year.

Last edited:

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
Lol Napoli, out of the race. Now it's up to us to stay in it

Caladan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Republica: If Milan decides to build their own stadium the capacity will be 72k instead of 60k.
This information is best. Zhang dont have money. Inter will be behind 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.