The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoney

il piano
Reaction score
Fecking dickheads... wanting a 60/70k stadium.
we should make a separate 42k stadium only for our women’s team just to spite juve

Maybe we can rent it out to Inter as well

• Star
Reactions: vB9

Kmoney

il piano
Reaction score
THIS!! I was thinking this exact thing. If we compare the physiques of the foreign players to the Italians it's night and day. Compare Locatelli to Kessie. Berardi to Leao. Acerbi to Botman or Tomori. The Italians just look weaker and in need of an NFL boot camp. The training methods in Italy are in desperate need of updates....
Exactly this. I think it’s a mix of training methods, diet, and general style of play. 1980s Calcio doesn’t particularly need fast and physical players, but the game has moved on.

It’s not a coincidence that with the exception of Chiesa and maybe Scammaca, no other Italian talents from other teams can really fit into the way we play right now. Even Berardi who is clearly Italy’s best attacking talent at the moment is basically a deluxe Suso.

I say this with caution, but Italy’s generally racist outlook probably has a factor to play here as well

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Massara's reactions are hilarious 😂
I feel bad for him, you can tell he is under immense pressure. You can see every time we score he unclenches his asshole a little bit but no fully 😅 Even against Atalanta we scored the second he was still unsettled.

Can someone make a smiley of Massara's face in that picture, would be very useful 👍🏻
Also that iconic moment on the bench after Lazio.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
about Italian player being poorer athletes.

i think it's purely cultural.
every country has it's view of what are the criterias of a good footballer and that's dictated by criteria of former greats.
it's not a coincidence that the Agueros, Tevez, Messi, Lautaro, Dybala most recently Julian Alvarez and more all look like copies of Maradona ... by stature and/or style.
even their mids and defenders are not far from that built/style ...smaller and gritty

when a country has in their subconscious mind that "this" is the prototype of what a top footballer will be. they would subconsciously in academies or even at higher level be drawned more to those player while accepting less players of a different built/style.
and it also trickles further down in the reservoir of talent (streets) ... as a lot kids of a certain built would naturally be interested in other sports or none at all.

Italy has always had smaller technical players. so a lot kids that are too far from that prototype, maybe a bit too big, too stiff and less technical (donkeys lol), were being rejected in academies ... or even not develop an appetite for this sport because according to society they are built for maybe Tennis or swimming or boxing.

and knowing how Italy is allergic to change, even shit that clearly don't work. they're gonna keep producing Berardis for a few more years...

made me realize that even at youth level, Milan is shopping mostly abroad or foreigners , Roback, Traore, Kerkez, Pfetis, Nsiala, Cathal Heffernan....players with important athletic capabilities

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Latest rumors are Inter want to keep Lautaro but sell Bastoni, replacing him with.......

...... Romagnoli.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
about Italian player being poorer athletes.

i think it's purely cultural.
every country has it's view of what are the criterias of a good footballer and that's dictated by criteria of former greats.
it's not a coincidence that the Agueros, Tevez, Messi, Lautaro, Dybala most recently Julian Alvarez and more all look like copies of Maradona ... by stature and/or style.
even their mids and defenders are not far from that built/style ...smaller and gritty

when a country has in their subconscious mind that "this" is the prototype of what a top footballer will be. they would subconsciously in academies or even at higher level be drawned more to those player while accepting less players of a different built/style.
and it also trickles further down in the reservoir of talent (streets) ... as a lot kids of a certain built would naturally be interested in other sports or none at all.

Italy has always had smaller technical players. so a lot kids that are too far from that prototype, maybe a bit too big, too stiff and less technical (donkeys lol), were being rejected in academies ... or even not develop an appetite for this sport because according to society they are built for maybe Tennis or swimming or boxing.

and knowing how Italy is allergic to change, even shit that clearly don't work. they're gonna keep producing Berardis for a few more years...

made me realize that even at youth level, Milan is shopping mostly abroad or foreigners , Roback, Traore, Kerkez, Pfetis, Nsiala, Cathal Heffernan....players with important athletic capabilities
The growth decree helps.

Is there any team in Italy that's abusing the law more than Milan? I think now that Kessie is leaving, is it just Bennacer that's a foreigner that's not benefiting from it?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
The growth decree helps.

Is there any team in Italy that's abusing the law more than Milan? I think now that Kessie is leaving, is it just Bennacer that's a foreigner that's not benefiting from it?
True. But outside of that, there is a clear Will to get a certain type of player with characteristics not easily found in Italian players. Whether it’s at youth or first team level.
Look at our signings, who in Italy would we sign like Tomori, Maignan…even those who did not work Bakayoko, FBT … there is a clear inclination towards athleticism, physicality…and as the topic suggest Italian players aren’t a know great source of those characteristics.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also about the need for 3 CF debate: Next season won't be a normal season. With the world cup, the fact that we (hopefully) are in Pot 1 means that we'll have CL group games, the world cup, CL knockouts all in a compressed schedule because of the WC. Having a front 3 rotate between Origi, Belotti and Giroud makes a lot of sense in this case. We don't want to be in the same situation we were in in January when we ran Leao into the ground. We need to keep everyone fresh and ready for every game.

Ibra seems likely to retire. Giroud, Belotti and Origi are a great front 3 even if they're a bit expensive in total. Each one is going to be around 5m gross per year, but the fact that we didn't pay a transfer fee for any of them (1m for Giroud only) helps balance it out. We also tend to really overwork our CF and will look to sub out all our front three every game, so there's minutes to share as none of them will ever play a full 90.

The fact that Origi (and even Belotti) can play LW or RW in an emergency is very helpful too, same for Rebic who can play CF.

We're going to have a CL level squad next season, so we need to stop thinking the squad makeup will be the same as this season. There will be competition at CB between Tomori, Kalulu, Botman and Kjaer. There will be competition at RB between Calabria, Kalulu and Florenzi. There will be competition between Adli, Renato and Brahim at AM, and around 6 players can share the CM spot depending on form and fitness. It will be a squad built to challenge for the CL title, and we will keep improving each year, gaining experience, until we win it.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
True. But outside of that, there is a clear Will to get a certain type of player with characteristics not easily found in Italian players. Whether it’s at youth or first team level.
Look at our signings, who in Italy would we sign like Tomori, Maignan…even those who did not work Bakayoko, FBT … there is a clear inclination towards athleticism, physicality…and as the topic suggest Italian players aren’t a know great source of those characteristics.
Maldini blatantly said this. He said we look for physical and technical attributes first, and then we teach them how to play in a team. Basically admitting that the way Italians are physically built and taught football is incompatible with the modern game.

DonSilvio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
Maldini blatantly said this. He said we look for physical and technical attributes first, and then we teach them how to play in a team. Basically admitting that the way Italians are physically built and taught football is incompatible with the modern game.
Is it the pasta, gravy, or wine?

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
Latest rumors are Inter want to keep Lautaro but sell Bastoni, replacing him with.......

...... Romagnoli.
Sick of this snake team getting decent players for free, De Vrij(nice of him to gift them a CL spot before arriving)/Hakan/Dybala(?)/Romag(i doubt he'll actually go to Inter). I want them to bleed money when having to replace players, either on astronomical salaries or on transfer fees. These players aren't even asking for crazy wages as free agents... I suppose they flopped on Vidal and Sanchez (better than Vidal but higher wages).

I want Milan to get Dybala just so Inter misses out on him. He has his limitations, but is pretty good when fit. Could fit into AM or RW for us. Make them spend whatever few pennies they have on player replacements.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sick of this snake team getting decent players for free, De Vrij(nice of him to gift them a CL spot before arriving)/Hakan/Dybala(?)/Romag(i doubt he'll actually go to Inter). I want them to bleed money when having to replace players, either on astronomical salaries or on transfer fees. These players aren't even asking for crazy wages as free agents... I suppose they flopped on Vidal and Sanchez (better than Vidal but higher wages).

I want Milan to get Dybala just so Inter misses out on him. He has his limitations, but is pretty good when fit. Could fit into AM or RW for us. Make them spend whatever few pennies they have on player replacements.
Looks like Inter and Juve are trading Perisic and Dybala.

Lautaro + Dybala looks good, to be honest. They still need a vice-Brozovic and might get Asllani.

Still. We were competing with Inter this season. We won’t next season, we’ll leave them in the dust. Serie A will be like the Bundesliga for a few years, we’ll be securing the title in April. We move on to the CL now.

We shouldn’t care what Inter do and most definitely shouldn’t build our market around denying them players.

BobbySwizz

Beginner
Reaction score
Also about the need for 3 CF debate: Next season won't be a normal season. With the world cup, the fact that we (hopefully) are in Pot 1 means that we'll have CL group games, the world cup, CL knockouts all in a compressed schedule because of the WC. Having a front 3 rotate between Origi, Belotti and Giroud makes a lot of sense in this case. We don't want to be in the same situation we were in in January when we ran Leao into the ground. We need to keep everyone fresh and ready for every game.

Ibra seems likely to retire. Giroud, Belotti and Origi are a great front 3 even if they're a bit expensive in total. Each one is going to be around 5m gross per year, but the fact that we didn't pay a transfer fee for any of them (1m for Giroud only) helps balance it out. We also tend to really overwork our CF and will look to sub out all our front three every game, so there's minutes to share as none of them will ever play a full 90.

The fact that Origi (and even Belotti) can play LW or RW in an emergency is very helpful too, same for Rebic who can play CF.

We're going to have a CL level squad next season, so we need to stop thinking the squad makeup will be the same as this season. There will be competition at CB between Tomori, Kalulu, Botman and Kjaer. There will be competition at RB between Calabria, Kalulu and Florenzi. There will be competition between Adli, Renato and Brahim at AM, and around 6 players can share the CM spot depending on form and fitness. It will be a squad built to challenge for the CL title, and we will keep improving each year, gaining experience, until we win it.

I think Origi/Belotti/Giroud is an ideal trio for the striker position. As we know, injuries happen and Giroud will be a year older. Wasn't there games he missed this season with back problems?

If not Belotti, Hlozek is still a favorite option of mine. However, he is a lot less free lol. But a great young option that can cover LW and CF

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 1.5: Kaká - Tier 2: Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Kjær, Ibrahimovic
Can't focus for shit :lol:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't focus for shit :lol:

200.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Next match is the most important game of the decade.
It’s the final of all finals for us.
105% focus is needed!!
We have it in our hands and can only lose it.
I’m trying my best to stay calm and not to annoy my co workers.
Still 4 days of to go.

Longbowman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Zlatan to end his career with another Puskas contender.. he is long overdue a world class goal

Pingu

Pioli #1 Fan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Next match is the most important game of the decade.
It’s the final of all finals for us.
105% focus is needed!!
We have it in our hands and can only lose it.
I’m trying my best to stay calm and not to annoy my co workers.
Still 4 days of to go.
Most important game since 2007 Athens IMO...

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Other than CBs I can't remember much physical specimens other than Balotelli and a young Totti. Some may say De Rossi but he never impressed me.
Milan legends aside, Buffon, Vieri + Zambrotta were undoubtedly top level athletes for their time. However, the players of the past were on a completely different level to today's stars although luckily Calabria + Tonali are two of the better athletes in today's NT.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Agreed...I want Milan to sign 'IL LESBO' just to piss off Marotta plus I have a feeling that he'd prefer to join us to avoid any backlash from Juve fans. However, you can't blame Marotta for making the most of the free agent market and selling Lukaku for 100m and signing Dzeko for 1m was a master stroke. Ibra aside, MMM have done well to sign the likes of Giroud + Origi within certain parameters but until the wage cap gets relaxed we can forget about the bigger names.

Status
Not open for further replies.