Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
We won, yaay.

But this team has become so painfully unwatchable that I can't wait to finish the season. I just can't do this anymore, they look worse and worse.

Ok, our defence is seriously good, credit where credit's due. And my boi Kalulu has to play in the first XI... with or without Botman, I just don't care. Kid is fantastic and deserves to play. :proud:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Might be a bit unpopular, but I want Kalulu as the starting right-back from next season; Kalulu, Tomori, Botman, Theo is a superb defence on paper and should work on the pitch as well.

Calabria will obviously get his minutes too, but Kalulu is too talented to not be starting. Should work on his attacking abilities and it's a no-brainer.
Kalulu's crossing is underrated. He contributes to the attack, not in the same way as Dumfries, but he is good and 'smoother' than Calabria.

I think that when both are in form, they are equal, but they offer something different. Calabria is good at 1v1 and can shoot from distance. Kalulu reads and intercepts and he knows how to play the ball forward.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maignan is our MVP this season. I had hope he would be as good as Donnarumma, he’s twice the player that goon ever thought of being.
For the 2nd half of the season, it has certainly been Mike and Kalulu

Those two have been flawless when Kjaer and Tomori suffered their injuries and the defense has really carried the side

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
UTLuEWL.jpg

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
From which past Milan sides could you say Krunic is comparable to? Flamini? Or even Brocchi?

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Roma, Cagliari (since fighting relegation) and in form Udinese away are the only fixtures I see Inter slipping up.. but we need to beat them in the Derby.. they are mentally fragile if you remember that their poor form started after Derby defeat.. (Brozovic injury also played a part.. they play much better with him playing)..

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma, Cagliari (since fighting relegation) and in form Udinese away are the only fixtures I see Inter slipping up.. but we need to beat them in the Derby.. they are mentally fragile if you remember that their poor form started after Derby defeat.. (Brozovic injury also played a part.. they play much better with him playing)..
Fuck Juve for not finishing them off....

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
From which past Milan sides could you say Krunic is comparable to? Flamini? Or even Brocchi?
I think he is our Lucas Vasquez.. plays any position without complaint

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
What a great day. Ownership news in view of the summer mercato (which will be a great one) and most importantly 3 points.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Gazidis would likely be out the door since that's a position that is usually tied to ownership. Being a new ownership group and firing Maldini would be a poor decision, you lose a lot of equity with the fans instantly and that's a problem

Regardless of what their long term goals are there is usually a big splash in the first few windows

We might actually get Darwin Nunez to Milan if this happens after I shunned the idea yesterday lol

My hope is this is Abu Dhabi testing the waters for Serie A/Milan but that might just be wishful thinking
Abu Dhabi has a lot more money than Dubai. Dubai has financial crisis in the past. Abu Dhabi bailed it out.

We had a lot of false hope in the past. I am not excited until we sign the most expensive player in Europe

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
And with that Mike got as many clean sheets as Dollar ever managed in a single serie a season. All while missing a month from injury and there being 5 games left to play in the season.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I can’t wait to watch this team with a capable CAM who can PASS. Brahim is ass.
That was post COVID Milan when Hakan was on his best form

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
For me the prevailing sentiment these last 6-7 weeks is that everything is finely balanced when it comes to Milan. The last 2 games were hugely frustrating but since that Udinese game—a game we should have won had it not been for Serie A officiating doing its thing—we have gathered 14 out of a possible 18. I know we have belaboured the refereeing point on here, but it’s unreasonable to expect this imperfect, young team to negotiate games like Torino and Bologna perfectly (for my money, we should have had a penalty against Torino because Theo was barged down). Especially, with 2 of our 3 more senior players perpetually on the sidelines.

That’s why refereeing errors have an outsized impact on this team. And the errors were scandalous against us—not just wrong. The “we should make up for errors by beating the Bolognas and Udineses of this league” isn’t really a persuasive argument. If this was Milan circa 2005, sure. Back then, a sedate Milan performance meant a 4-2 win. And those 2 goals against were probably refereeing errors. Currently, we can’t expect 3 goals to offset every shitty ref decision. And that too from players who are still cutting their teeth.

When we aren’t head and shoulders above our competition, refereeing errors can spoil a whole season for a young side whose margin of error is wafer thin.

It’s a shame. You can just about live with injuries, covid decimating the team. It’s harder to accept extraordinary refereeing errors, especially with VAR around.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
From what I remember

Brocchi was solid so I will go with him even though Krunic is much more versatile.
Flamini was a straight flop - hugely disappointing.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
What???!
Flamini was one of the best mids in Europe when healthy for us, champion

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Im not even playing, did not step a foot wrong today. Even at rb he had the calmness to control the pace of the game. Very underrated. Hope Pioli plays him for a few games at CAM until Diaz rediscovers form.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a great day. Ownership news in view of the summer mercato (which will be a great one) and most importantly 3 points.
There’s some rumors Milan may be building the new stadium themselves and Inter will remain at San Siro.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For me the prevailing sentiment these last 6-7 weeks is that everything is finely balanced when it comes to Milan. The last 2 games were hugely frustrating but since that Udinese game—a game we should have won had it not been for Serie A officiating doing its thing—we have gathered 14 out of a possible 18. I know we have belaboured the refereeing point on here, but it’s unreasonable to expect this imperfect, young team to negotiate games like Torino and Bologna perfectly (for my money, we should have had a penalty against Torino because Theo was barged down). Especially, with 2 of our 3 more senior players perpetually on the sidelines.

That’s why refereeing errors have an outsized impact on this team. And the errors were scandalous against us—not just wrong. The “we should make up for errors by beating the Bolognas and Udineses of this league” isn’t really a persuasive argument. If this was Milan circa 2005, sure. Back then, a sedate Milan performance meant a 4-2 win. And those 2 goals against were probably refereeing errors. Currently, we can’t expect 3 goals to offset every shitty ref decision. And that too from players who are still cutting their teeth.

When we aren’t head and shoulders above our competition, refereeing errors can spoil a whole season for a young side whose margin of error is wafer thin.

It’s a shame. You can just about live with injuries, covid decimating the team. It’s harder to accept extraordinary refereeing errors, especially with VAR around.
megaphone-shouting.gif

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Krunic is the man. When he has the ball, I expect a sane decision. Not an outside of the boot cross-field pass a la Modric, but something sensible, useful. Like winning a free-kick in the 89th minute near the halfway line. Glorious.

I have the total opposite expectation when Saelemakers has the ball.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

More reason to be supremely optimistic about next season and the medium term. We had a lot going against us this year but things tend to regress to the mean over time.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m the upcoming games we really need to play Rebic up front from the start. Most of the teams will look to play football, so we can really punish them in space.

I really hope that’s the lesson Pioli learned today. Giroud is not helpful from the start. He should be the plan B.

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score
There’s some rumors Milan may be building the new stadium themselves and Inter will remain at San Siro.
It should be the other way around.
Haha just look at Inters locker room compared to Milans it’s A joke.
They will always be Milan’s little brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule