Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
I think Master Smurf's question is more related to the incident of Real Madrid removing the cross from their crest to be more acceptable to non-Christians.
I think that may not be applicable for us because we have the cross not as a religious symbol but from England flag to show our English roots.. so should not be an issue
Actually, the red cross on a white background has been part of Milano banners since the middle ages (for example, it was on the "carroccio" when the city of Milano battled the German emperors). That said, I would not mind losing it for something more "religion neutral".

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Riccardo Cucchi, well-known journalist and radio commentator, expressed himself exclusively to the microphones of MilanNews.it (CLICK HERE for the complete INTERVIEW) on the interest of the Bahraini fund for Milan: "Two considerations. The first: for a long time the Arab world is paying attention to our league because they have the strength to invest and investing in football means finding a form of surrender of the great financial availability of these countries. Personally I see a great risk of an ethical nature; in many cases, behind these operations, there is is under a job of washing image through sport, considering the big problems that these countries have with human rights and democracy. The second: we know perfectly well that in Italy there are now no entrepreneurs able to invest in football and allow economic growth, therefore foreign realities are arriving more and more frequently.As for Milan, it could certainly be an advantage from the point of economic point of view, but this trend, in general, worries me for ethical and moral reasons ".
I feel like Italians are in a "by any means necessary" mode to return to being the best.

The fact it is an investment fund rather than directly from a sovereign wealth fund makes this critique either pretty obtuse, or, if the use of Investcorp is indeed a front, a smart circumvention of those criticisms by the Gulfies. Which means it wasn't their idea.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leon ardo bonucci
Leon ardo
evil-dontyou.gif

Cross out me and put him. You get the gist.

Last edited:

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Several are leaping to conclusions here! people let the discussions conclude and the ink dry on the deal before ye design your dream Mercato. Right now I am focused only on the games left and hopefully winning a title this year(and if possible a coppa - a double would be a wonderful climax would it not ). Even if the take over goes ahead unless ye are on the board of directors lets see what direction it takes. I hope Maldini, Massara and Moncada are kept in place to direct the clubs signings - with greater financial backing and flex-ability they will guide Milan to the right path. They have transformed Milan imagine what they could do without such stringent financial restrictions

Interesting times ahead - Forza Milan.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wonder which players we should take from Barca since we are so much richer than them and they're so mired in debt. Hm.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Madrid with beautiful possesion calcio in 2nd half tonight. School book. Patient, with quality. The things we lack vs closed teams. But the level of quality there is...wow

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Madrid with beautiful possesion calcio in 2nd half tonight. School book. Patient, with quality. The things we lack vs closed teams. But the level of quality there is...wow
Noticed that too, Spanish league is two levels above Italy.
Benzema at 34 terrorizing goalkeepers. If he doesn't win this year balon d' or it would be second shame in a row.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Will Milan gonna be first Arab owning team in Italy ever?
Yes

I always wondered why Inter were linked to Arab owners when Milan is such a more attractive asset

Noticed that too, Spanish league is two levels above Italy.
Benzema at 34 terrorizing goalkeepers. If he doesn't win this year balon d' or it would be second shame in a row.
ehhh I'd say it's just Madrid. Mostly because they have Modric and Benz

Rest of the league is not that impressive

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Benzema was always world class ,but he never played at this dominant level. Ancelotti have merits for sure .They play easy.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Riccardo Cucchi, well-known journalist and radio commentator, expressed himself exclusively to the microphones of MilanNews.it (CLICK HERE for the complete INTERVIEW) on the interest of the Bahraini fund for Milan: "Two considerations. The first: for a long time the Arab world is paying attention to our league because they have the strength to invest and investing in football means finding a form of surrender of the great financial availability of these countries. Personally I see a great risk of an ethical nature; in many cases, behind these operations, there is is under a job of washing image through sport, considering the big problems that these countries have with human rights and democracy. The second: we know perfectly well that in Italy there are now no entrepreneurs able to invest in football and allow economic growth, therefore foreign realities are arriving more and more frequently.As for Milan, it could certainly be an advantage from the point of economic point of view, but this trend, in general, worries me for ethical and moral reasons ".
Cucchi,

Shut the fuck up. Italy should be happy with foreign direct investment as it ll help grow seria and attract sponsors and better tv deals. Instead living in past maybe more teams ll build stadiums and improve like we ll.

By

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Benzema was always world class ,but he never played at this dominant level. Ancelotti have merits for sure .They play easy.

Famous league bottler Ancelotti according to some here on his way to a commanding La Liga championship? With a legit claim on a CL trophy chance?

A certain meme master assured us he would be fired and leave in disgrace

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder which players we should take from Barca since we are so much richer than them and they're so mired in debt. Hm.
That rb, i think arujo or something. Similar build and speed to theo. Few months ago he rejected new contract. They offered like 3M. I dont know if he signed recently.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
you can make highlights out of any shit

You honsetly dont differentiate between fancy dribbles that lead to nothing and actual goal scoring moments?
It also doesnt include the last two vs Liverpool or obviously the one today:proud:

I know some think he is a hype job and obviously his goal tally and price is exaggerated. Many of his finishes though have been just incredible and he has scored against everyone so I think comparison to Andre Silva isnt favourable.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Chelsea have spent like half of that in the same time period and they're the only ones who are close. Only one team has spent as much as City and that's City's little brother: Manchester United.

Actually in the last 5 seasons, City might have been the biggest spenders with approximately 970 million dollars in the incoming transfers but Chelsea are very nearly second with about 960 million according to the transfer market. And this is without considering the redemption of saul of chelsea which falls for next season plus the fact that Chelsea had to serve a transfer ban for one of the seasons limiting its spending. I didnt look into Arsenal or Liverpool as i assumed they would be on the lower side. Manchester united in the same period spent around 810 million.

So again 1 billion is not insane in the premier league. It is more sane that City spend that money while winning titles and always participating in the champions league while Man U and Chelsea had to spend years in Europa League.
giphy.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That rb, i think arujo or something. Similar build and speed to theo. Few months ago he rejected new contract. They offered like 3M. I dont know if he signed recently.
He's not good enough. Gavi is a moron who can't tie his own shoelaces. Pedri would be nice.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Famous league bottler Ancelotti according to some here on his way to a commanding La Liga championship? With a legit claim on a CL trophy chance?

A certain meme master assured us he would be fired and leave in disgrace
I said second season.
If it didnt happen then its a first & i will congratulate him.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Don't you think Salvini would make a huge stink out of it? Or is his star waning?
Salvini has bigger problems these days. Other teams have "modernized" their logos, if the change is explained as "modernization" (and the cross just happens to be removed as a result), I doubt anyone will care.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
With Chiesa you could see the ability. Very good one on one dribbling, super high workrate, fighter mentality, easily identifiable best position (winger). He was just missing some end product and was and even still is a bit wasteful.

I don’t see anything like that with Zaniolo
Honestly, I was sold on Chiesa until he started actually scoring for Italy/Juventus. In Fiorentina he had the work rate, the mentality, and had 1 v 1, yes, but he was a complete "try-hard" who shot at every opportunity, played with his head down, and seemed to think he could do more than he was actually capable of. I'm pretty bad at identifying these kinds of players, for example I didn't see Zlatan's trajectory until he went to Inter.

On the other hand, I usually can tell a player with talent right away. Even if they're a primavera player. Zaniolo has talent. His injuries set him back a bit because he lost what little pace he had, but he still knows how to be dangerous with the ball at his feet and with that frame he's going to be good for a long time. I think his position is as a CF though, as he could be a Kai Havertz type of hybrid ST/AM. I vote buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.