The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to MilanNews, Rebic underwent a scan this morning to understand the nature of the injury but it showed that he has absolutely no problems, which raises questions about ‘very questionable conduct’.

Rebic has missed 16 games this season and yesterday he would have been called into question at the beginning of the second half to support Olivier Giroud in attack, with the golden chance to be able to reopen a match that had started badly after Lautaro Martinez’s brace in the first half.

Instead Pioli was forced to change his plans due to the sudden news that Rebic had reported a pain. The report adds that what is certain is that the former Eintracht Frankfurt man is ‘not new to questionable attitudes regarding his physical state’, always ‘preferring to take a step backwards than to take one forward’.

What does this mean? That Rebic faked this injury?

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Calma calma kids.
We don’t need that plastic coppa of Italia. And FUCK PRINTER!!

Soon we will be Bahrain and we will be off much better than this season, which is just an ugly game.

Renato, Raheem and some Moncada wunderkinds will lift us up to the next level!
Raheem and Broja would be amazing

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score
@Alo88

Apperantly, if the report is true who knows.
Imagine being paid 3.5M Euro per season and then faking your injury in a Derby and not willing to help your club when your called upon! What A joke

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Raheem and Broja would be amazing
Sterling can stay where he is - good player but toxic/poisonous personality. A money driven mercenary no thank you. Also a cheating/diving little diva.

Broja would be welcome at the right price.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
It's like coming to the end of the season @Alo88 and the referee says: Do you want Scudetto? Call heads or tails.

And then, it's all a coinflip. These decisions ultimately impacted us, and others profited Inter, to the point that even if we've fucked up a number of points lately it can decide the Scudetto in Inter's favor. That is what's upsetting about it, that all of these blatantly wrong or 50/50 decisions go one way. Call it bad luck or whatever, but something doesn't want us winning this season.
*whispers DaPlan

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score
The attacking third needs a whole new revamp, too many holes missing and to low quality in certain areas.

Let’s say that Milan buy Darwin Núñez.
I have seen his great stats and some videos and that is from the Portuguese league. Yes he scored CL goals too.
Can this player come to the toughest league in the world and score 15-20 goals in his first season? That is what would be required from him to do especially if he costs €70-100M!
If he does, that would be Amazing

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
There is no question that Kalulu was offside, we probably all agree on that. The whole discussion revolves around the question: Did Kalulu actively intervene in that instant? This is where opinions differ.

Sure, you can freeze the picture at Bennacer's shot, draw a line between the ball and Handanovic, and find that Kalulu is on it. Clear thing then.

But you can also argue that Kalulu only crossed Handanovic's line of sight for a fraction of a second at best, and that three or four Inter players formed a veritable wall of vision to begin with when the shot was taken anyway. In that case, Kalulu could hardly have been accused of actively interfering in the game. It would have been a passive offside. That's why Pioli argued "have you ever seen a GK not protesting when conceding a goal while he thought his line of sight was obscured by an opponent?"

Even the commentator tended towards the latter interpretation. Every expert I have read so far has tended to do the same. In any case, there is definitely not as clear an answer as @MilanMB or @stevan would have us believe. It's at least debatable. If it meant that we could have come back? Who knows. Maybe not given our current inability to score. It would have been thrilling last 20 minutes nonetheless, that's for sure.

Be it as it may. This season is just like that: when it comes to 50:50 decisions, the refs tend to rule more against us. Unfortunately, some of those decisions have been far more influential than in other years. That's why people like Sam or Pingu keep digging them up over and over again.
I just said that there is grounds for the refs call in the rule book.

The way some people reacted it was like just because Kalulu didn't touch the ball, it couldn't be offside. And btw, some years ago this was actually the case in regards to the offside rule.

That said, when shit like this happens, I ask myself "how would I have wanted the ref to interpret the rule if it was the other way around?". In this case, I'd be fuming if the ref didn't call offside.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Alo88

Apperantly, if the report is true who knows.
Imagine being paid 3.5M Euro per season and then faking your injury in a Derby and not willing to help your club when your called upon! What A joke

If it's true, yes. Those are very heavy accusations tho, and I don't think Maldini would let him even get near Milanello if true, let alone Zlatan lol.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just said that there is grounds for the refs call in the rule book.

The way some people reacted it was like just because Kalulu didn't touch the ball, it couldn't be offside. And btw, some years ago this was actually the case in regards to the offside rule.

That said, when shit like this happens, I ask myself "how would I have wanted the ref to interpret the rule if it was the other way around?". In this case, I'd be fuming if the ref didn't call offside.

Yes, this is very true 😅.

And yes, some reactions, mine included, were excessive yesterday, but also very understandable in the heat of the emotions, especially in a Derby.

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score
“Dream scenario”

1. Milan win Lo Scudetto

2. Viola win Coppa Italia

3. Juventus miss Top 4

* Milan get A chance to buy Chiesa

- From transfermarkt

Juventus: redemption obligation of 40 million from the 2021/2022 season, linked to the occurrence of one of these three conditions: placement in the top four of Juve, that Chiesa plays 60% of the games for a minimum of 30 minutes or plays at least 10 goals and 10 assists. Plus another 7,4 million in any bonuses.

In case of ransom he signed up to 2025.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
If it's true, yes. Those are very heavy accusations tho, and I don't think Maldini would let him even get near Milanello if true, let alone Zlatan lol.

I said a few weeks ago that this has been a wasted season and he hasnt given us much (I put him right there with our current whack a scapegoagts) but I find this hard to believe. Yes he takes too long to get in form but if this is true when the match was still wide open even though we were down two..... He will pick a seat next to Samu.

I know many like to talk about his chemistry with Theo but Rebic was never getting back into the team over Rafa (Pioli and Maldini always talked up Leao and Pioli continued to pick Rafa even before Rebic got hurt) and then his continuous injuries sealed his fate.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Going to watch some Bundesfodder - Szobo, Olmo and Nkunku

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
The attacking third needs a whole new revamp, too many holes missing and to low quality in certain areas.

I have seen his great stats and some videos and that is from the Portuguese league. Yes he scored CL goals too.
Can this player come to the toughest league in the world and score 15-20 goals in his first season? That is what would be required from him to do especially if he costs €70-100M!
Beto come from Portuguese league and he scored this season 11 goals. It's not amazing. Serie A is more open and there is no world class defensive line like was 10-30 years ago.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Whoever we put at RW, that side is going to be shit.. i would rather put Krunic there and have Calabria- Krunic ensure no one scores from that side and probably play Rebic up front.. he does tend to drift into the left.. given managers are putting 3 defenders on the right to suffocate our left, we put 3 attackers there.. and have Ben- Kessie- Tonali midfield.. we are only going to score from left.. let's go full overload from left and then just shut shop everywhere else..

No guarantee it will work though.. 😀 more likely it will fail.. but atleast try tweaking something.. Scudetto is so close that it will be sad to see Merda get the second star before us when pre-calciopoli, we were 4 ahead of them
I never understood why Krunic has never been tried at RM

He has played every position l except the one we don't have an answer for.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Going to watch some Bundesfodder - Szobo, Olmo and Nkunku
Leipzig in Bundesliga just 3 points above Freiburg in 5th.. if they miss out on CL, would love to snap up Szobo or Olmo.. Nkunku i think is already out of our budget

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“Dream scenario”

1. Milan win Lo Scudetto

2. Viola win Coppa Italia

3. Juventus miss Top 4

* Milan get A chance to buy Chiesa

- From transfermarkt

Juventus: redemption obligation of 40 million from the 2021/2022 season, linked to the occurrence of one of these three conditions: placement in the top four of Juve, that Chiesa plays 60% of the games for a minimum of 30 minutes or plays at least 10 goals and 10 assists. Plus another 7,4 million in any bonuses.

In case of ransom he signed up to 2025.
None of those scenarios are probably going to happen.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Realistically speaking, I don't think we have any chance. Yesterday was the perfect example of how our team is not ready for the big games. Now, we badly need 5 wins out of 5 games against some of the worst possible opponents. Unless merda fuck up 3 games (Roma, Udinese, Bologna being the prime suspects) I don't think we have any chance. If they continue with their form, they will grab 5 wins easily.
We're not ready for big games when our team has the best record in big games?

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Rebic doesn’t seem like a guy who’d fake injuries (character-wise). But with this pattern of injuries it will cause amongst believers as well.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hope Sanches and Botman really are fatta. Would be such nice additions.

Yesterday showed us that Botman is still very much needed.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

wait.. :lol:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Weve been playing like shit for the past 3 months

Im not Pioliout, but he needs to figure it out.
I’m the founder of pioli out, but it’s not on him, you have a dysfunctional attack. You can’t score goals with such a combination. Defenders and midfielders are working well.

Pioli is the last one to blame in this dilemma. You have ibrahimovic and rebic barely featured this season, Diaz, messias and saelemaekers have been shit. Giroud was never meant a starting cf and leao is inconsistent.

We as fans see this, I am sure management saw it coming way before we did and still they signed lazetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.