The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
My only question is why do people want to read and then believe shit like that when they inevitably will be disappointed?
:thumbsup:

It would be insane to fire Pioli even if he finishes runner-up with this incomplete squad and such a decision would alienate Maldini. Therefore, I think we're going to continue down the same track i.e. signing young talents plus a few veterans to see what he can achieve next season with a better team before pulling the plug. That's only fair plus none of the high profile managers are immediately available anyway.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Giroud is more of a problem than many want to admit. His derby and Napoli goals have bought him a very long leash.

Ibra moves, draws defenders, shifts players, can actually pass and distribute the ball. Lay it off. Giroud fails to do this. When it's supposed to be his calling card.
I Thank giroud for his goals against inter and napoli
But the rest is just he trying flick the Ball and failed miserably to find his team mates

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that our attack presents threat only from the left. Playing 4-2-3-1 means that you have a CF who is always present in the box and at least one of the opponent's CB is constantly marking him. At the same time 3 other players are bombing from left, right and center. But this is the theory. In reality our AM and RW are complete shit. They can't score, they can't cross and can't assist. They don't require much attention. Just make sure there's a man in front of them and they will either lose the ball or pass back or put in a cross/pass just to release the ball. That's why the opponents can shift their whole defense to the right in order to provide less space for Leao and Theo, who's been ineffective in most occasions. When he starts his runs he is forced to beat 2-3 players instead of attacking open space. All this is possible because we can't stretch the opponent's defense because of the lack of quality. And this forces Theo to try to milk fouls left and right simply because the opponent has deployed more players in this area and he has close to no option for a pass.

If we have a player like Antony on the right to stretch the defense and a player like Modric who can actually pass this will open much more space for Leao and Theo on the left plus Bennacer/Tonali attacking from behind. This way the team will look much better in attack and will create much more.

That's why I've said many times that we simply don't have the players for 4-2-3-1 and Pioli's stubbornness with it is beyond my understanding.
Spot on..
I hate it but Suso provide more than salad or messias

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What's the obsession with G.Jesus? Dude has been a disappointment. Plays for one of the best attacking and free-flowing football sides in the world and can't get to double figures in goals. He's now lost his spot in the lineup as well (not sure he ever had it...but I'll give him a break on that because he competed with Kun for a long time).
He could be useful here, especially as we see players like Messias, Saele and Giroud playing day in and day out. But, he wouldn't be in my wish list if we have 300M waiting to be spent.
His finishing s mediocre at best.
He cant play isolated st in our formation. Hes another manlet.
He can play at rw, has pace and eye for assist.

Unless we can get some1 better i d take him over salad and messi.
No way he can play 9 in 4231 unless we switch to 433 and false 9.

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

It would be insane to fire Pioli even if he finishes runner-up with this incomplete squad and such a decision would alienate Maldini. Therefore, I think we're going to continue down the same track i.e. signing young talents plus a few veterans to see what he can achieve next season with a better team before pulling the plug. That's only fair plus none of the high profile managers are immediately available anyway.
Ralf Rangnick could be available :lol:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
What's the obsession with G.Jesus? Dude has been a disappointment. Plays for one of the best attacking and free-flowing football sides in the world and can't get to double figures in goals. He's now lost his spot in the lineup as well (not sure he ever had it...but I'll give him a break on that because he competed with Kun for a long time).
He could be useful here, especially as we see players like Messias, Saele and Giroud playing day in and day out. But, he wouldn't be in my wish list if we have 300M waiting to be spent.
City players share the burden of playing so getting 10+ of both assists & goals is actually good.
Mahrez , Foden , Kdb , Sterling , Bernardo all have similar numbers which is between 10-15 goal participation.
My point is take any of those players & make him a focal point elsewhere & he will score & assist more.
Jesus is a good player & still young so yet to hit his prime.
His work rate is great working under Pep.
He can easily play ST also.
I would get him even if we had 300mil budget.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His finishing s mediocre at best.
He cant play isolated st in our formation. Hes another manlet.
He can play at rw, has pace and eye for assist.

Unless we can get some1 better i d take him over salad and messi.
No way he can play 9 in 4231 unless we switch to 433 and false 9.
He is two years older than Leao so Jesus has room to improve.
I disagree about his finishing because its good.
He will become our most reliable attacker the moment he joins.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Man , if we had paid 20mil for Olmo.
For me, this is where I expect the new ownership to REALLY make a difference i.e. paying top dollar (and potentially overpaying) for the best young talents around. Also, Milan have a well established youth project which is yielding results now which was lacking back when the likes of Olmo, Simakan, Szoboszlai etc preferred to join RB Leipzig so it should be easier to snatch our no.1 targets in future.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Deal...but only if he brings Szoboszlai + Olmo with him :lol:
Would not trade Pioli for Ragnick even if he brought Mbappe with him

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score

Ambrosini gives thoughts on potential Milan takeover and recommends two targets

*Ambro: ”I like Darwin Nuñez of Benfica, but everything will depend on what amounts are invested. Nkunku of Leipzig is another profile that teases me.”

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
For me, this is where I expect the new ownership to REALLY make a difference i.e. paying top dollar (and potentially overpaying) for the best young talents around. Also, Milan have a well established youth project which is yielding results now which was lacking back when the likes of Olmo, Simakan, Szoboszlai etc preferred to join RB Leipzig so it should be easier to snatch our no.1 targets in future.
Really wanted Szoboszlai and Olmo here... Too bad we that we missed out on the opportunity

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reports that while Ibra could be ready for Lazio, Fiorentina looks more likely.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A little ominous... hope the new guys aren like gordon with their money.

They would be nothing like Elliott. There are many differences:
1. Way of acquisition. Elliott smelled blood. They saw a Chinese moron asking them for insane money and immediately knew that he will default. They took the chance to acquire Milan for 350 m (iirc) and flip it for massive profit. I read an article a few days ago saying that the total money Elliott ever put in Milan is around 800 m. A sale at 1.2 bn, as rumoured, means 400 m pure profit for 4 years. 100 m a year. I am not much into the world finances, but this looks like a great deal for a vulture fund.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, want to buy Milan. And they don't want it on the cheap. They are ready to splash 1.2 bn without a second thought and start pumping money in the club for a new stadium, training facilities, etc. As far as I know this would be the biggest sale/purchase in the history of football.
2. Primary goal. Elliott wanted to flip the club. Cut the expenses, remove the debt and move on. When they arrived they were talking about mid-term project. Right now they are finishing year 4. Probably about what they were aiming at initially.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, want to buy Milan for the same reason why other Arabs bought City or PSG. They want exposure, they want the world to kneel in front of them saying how mighty their club is. It's no coincidence that PSG sheikh is so involved in football that he is even chairman of some structure of UEFA. These guys are desperate for success. And winning the Baguette league is not much of a success simply because nobody gives a shit about their league. They want international exposure. They want magical European nights against Real Madrid, Bayern, etc. They basically want what Silvio had. The whole world knew who he is. In Bulgaria people always knew Berlusconi as the owner of Milan despite him being the incumbent prime minister of Italy at times. In 2000-2010 if you asked a random man on the street who was the owner of merda or ladri nobody would've given you a correct answer (unless he was a Serie A fan), while everybody knew the owner of Milan. Moratti and Agnelli are nobodies in Bulgaria (in terms of name recognition) compared to the glory of Berlusconi. And I guess it wasn't just here.
3. Approach. Elliott wanted young players that they can sell for profit. Ironically that never happened except for Hauge. Their primary goal was to reach 300+ m of revenue while we're on a leash in terms of expenditures and become self-sustainable. And they did it. This season's revenue is crossing the 300 m mark and we are about to get rid of the 2 biggest earners in our squad which will make our books even healthier. And Elliott were never interested in bringing a top coach to Milan. They never cared about sport success.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, would like to get the best possible players available. They won't run away from a deal because of a 2-m difference between offer and demand, like Elliott did with Faivre. Once MMM find the right player they won't care much whether he costs 13 m or 15 m. They will simply get him. And they will sign a big coach in 2-3 years, unless Pioli delivers some miracles, because they will care mostly about the sport success. Like PSG. These guys literally turned down an insane bid for Mbappe (200 m with just 1 year left of contract :IbraH:) just to have the best possible chance to finally win the CL. And now he will walk out for nothing.
4. Structure. Elliott are a private fund. They are not backed by any state. They just mind their own business and aim for the bag of cash.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, is not just backed by Mubadala. They are the 2nd largest shareholder, according to something I found on twitter. They will be a huge part of the club. And these guys are not playing around. Also, even if they are not officially involved (which is practically impossible since they are shareholders of InvestCorp), there are countless ways to help InvestCorp without breaking UEFA's rules. And they will do it. Won't surprise me at all if we sign some massively improved deals with Puma and Emirates in no time.

Completely different ideas about what to do with the club, so yeah, I am super optimistic that we will kick ass if they do buy the club.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. Way of acquisition. Elliott smelled blood. They saw a Chinese moron asking them for insane money and immediately knew that he will default. They took the chance to acquire Milan for 350 m (iirc) and flip it for massive profit. I read an article a few days ago saying that the total money Elliott ever put in Milan is around 800 m. A sale at 1.2 bn, as rumoured, means 400 m pure profit for 4 years. 100 m a year. I am not much into the world finances, but this looks like a great deal for a vulture fund.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, want to buy Milan. And they don't want it on the cheap. They are ready to splash 1.2 bn without a second thought and start pumping money in the club for a new stadium, training facilities, etc. As far as I know this would be the biggest sale/purchase in the history of football.
2. Primary goal. Elliott wanted to flip the club. Cut the expenses, remove the debt and move on. When they arrived they were talking about mid-term project. Right now they are finishing year 4. Probably about what they were aiming at initially.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, want to buy Milan for the same reason why other Arabs bought City or PSG. They want exposure, they want the world to kneel in front of them saying how mighty their club is. It's no coincidence that PSG sheikh is so involved in football that he is even chairman of some structure of UEFA. These guys are desperate for success. And winning the Baguette league is not much of a success simply because nobody gives a shit about their league. They want international exposure. They want magical European nights against Real Madrid, Bayern, etc. They basically want what Silvio had. The whole world knew who he is. In Bulgaria people always knew Berlusconi as the owner of Milan despite him being the incumbent prime minister of Italy at times. In 2000-2010 if you asked a random man on the street who was the owner of merda or ladri nobody would've given you a correct answer (unless he was a Serie A fan), while everybody knew the owner of Milan. Moratti and Agnelli are nobodies in Bulgaria (in terms of name recognition) compared to the glory of Berlusconi. And I guess it wasn't just here.
3. Approach. Elliott wanted young players that they can sell for profit. Ironically that never happened except for Hauge. Their primary goal was to reach 300+ m of revenue while we're on a leash in terms of expenditures and become self-sustainable. And they did it. This season's revenue is crossing the 300 m mark and we are about to get rid of the 2 biggest earners in our squad which will make our books even healthier. And Elliott were never interested in bringing a top coach to Milan. They never cared about sport success.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, would like to get the best possible players available. They won't run away from a deal because of a 2-m difference between offer and demand, like Elliott did with Faivre. Once MMM find the right player they won't care much whether he costs 13 m or 15 m. They will simply get him. And they will sign a big coach in 2-3 years, unless Pioli delivers some miracles, because they will care mostly about the sport success. Like PSG. These guys literally turned down an insane bid for Mbappe (200 m with just 1 year left of contract :IbraH:) just to have the best possible chance to finally win the CL. And now he will walk out for nothing.
4. Structure. Elliott are a private fund. They are not backed by any state. They just mind their own business and aim for the bag of cash.
InvestCorp, on the other hand, is not just backed by Mubadala. They are the 2nd largest shareholder, according to something I found on twitter. They will be a huge part of the club. And these guys are not playing around. Also, even if they are not officially involved (which is practically impossible since they are shareholders of InvestCorp), there are countless ways to help InvestCorp without breaking UEFA's rules. And they will do it. Won't surprise me at all if we sign some massively improved deals with Puma and Emirates in no time.

Completely different ideas about what to do with the club, so yeah, I am super optimistic that we will kick ass if they do buy the club.
This is almost entirely wishful thinking.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players

6b98775af1f5690ea5802d2afdff8c6e.gif

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gab Jesus is in the last year of his contract and he is a Milan fan and he's only on 2.2m salary, can play RW and ST. At 30m he would be better than Berardi in every way possible.
Something i like about him is that he is creative but also physically strong & fast.
Well not Leao fast but still fast.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is almost entirely wishful thinking.
True, but it is based on common sense.

While in reality InvestCorp will drop 1.2 bn EUR and look for like players like Borini and Mauri.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Gab Jesus is in the last year of his contract and he is a Milan fan and he's only on 2.2m salary, can play RW and ST. At 30m he would be better than Berardi in every way possible.

There’s no way he’s only on 2.2m at City. It’s more like 6m.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Really wanted Szoboszlai and Olmo here... Too bad we that we missed out on the opportunity

Ditto…they would’ve made the world of difference. Don’t worry, the next Szobos’ & Olmo’s will be dying to come here.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Luka Sucic is a big talent and there has been news of Milan interest. Though it seems Liverpool are also interested. Milan need to get these young players before they blow up.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Gabriel Jesus only on 2.2?
Is city poor?

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Some dude at a bar last night was trying to tell me how John Terry was a better defender than Paolo Maldini; he didnt even know who Franco Baresi is. Then he continued to tell me how Barca is the best team of all time. Dude had no idea about the history of Milan. This cannot go unpunished. Milan needs to be at the top again. I cannot handle this insolence any longer

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Some dude at a bar last night was trying to tell me how John Terry was a better defender than Paolo Maldini; he didnt even know who Franco Baresi is. Then he continued to tell me how Barca is the best team of all time. Dude had no idea about the history of Milan. This cannot go unpunished. Milan needs to be at the top again. I cannot handle this insolence any longer
I hope you knocked some sense into him 👊

John Terry wouldn't even make it as a ball boy in that glorious era let alone Milan's bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule