Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
y'all better make peace with berardi as the new RW

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
This is very true, unfortunately:

View attachment 3580

Their xG is way higher than the rest of the league.
this means that we are 11 points higher than what we should be going by XG for and against?

Can I translate that to - we are lucky to be where we are given the balance of chances created and conceded?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
On a serious note, maybe Investcorp is just an investment vehicle for billionaire Arabs to plough money into Milan a la PSG/City and return the club to it's former glory. Also, it's interesting to note that there's an intense push to get the deal over the line before the season ends and just in time for the summer mercato (just like Yonghong in 2017). Therefore, I don't rule out the possibility of a stratospheric market although I won't be holding my breath either.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this means that we are 11 points higher than what we should be going by XG for and against?

Can I translate that to - we are lucky to be where we are given the balance of chances created and conceded?
Every team that does well overperforms its xG, most championship teams (every team in the last 20 years) have exceeded their xG by like over 10, consistently.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score

I already had a little rant about xP. It's a weird metric.

Yeah we are outperforming our xG and xGA, but not as much as 11 points. Besides xG and xGA difference does not necessarily mean luck. Might just be that we have good finishers and great shot stoper.

As Sam said - better teams tend to overachieve. Better teams are better at creating chances (xG), but also better at converting them (G-xG)

Last edited:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I already had a little rant about xP. It's a weird metric.

Yeah we are outperforming our xG and xGA, but not as much as 11 points. Besides xG and xGA difference does not necesarly mean luck. Might jsut be taht we have good finishers and great shot stoper.

As Sam said - better teams tend to overachieve. Better teams are better at creating chances (xG), but also better at converting them (G-xG)
:lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
Yeah lol, I hesitated to write this, but I was trying to make more genaral statement about the methodology, not necessarily just about ACM. Besides it's individuals like Sale and Diaz that are dragging us down, other players are doing allright if you look beyond last 8(ish) games

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Investvorp is one of the better asset managers in the region. They invest the money of rich families and companies. So to say that they’re involved and would own Milan is the same as saying we’re owned by Elliotts shareholders and not Elliott management. Technically true but really not the point.
They do sometimes spin off investments and ‘sell’ them to one of their prime investors. That’s an exit strategy that they might use for Milan.hand us over to one of their shareholders, probably Mubadala

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What every they do,one thing is sure,when you buy football club for 1.18 bil eur that means investing in every aspect,heavily.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
The timing of the deal is the most interesting aspect i.e. right before the season ends and just in time for the summer mercato where the new owners can really make a splash. After all, if they just wanted to continue with Elliott's approach of steady investments, why not buy the club in December when the Italian tax year ends? However, buying the club now allows them to directly influence next season by making an impact on the transfer market which would indicate a different approach to Elliott's and possibly heavy investment. Who knows.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
What wage would dybala command?
Hate to say it but a perfect fit for us imo.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dybala on 7 mil would be ok,anything more then that hell no.
renato if comes can get 4.5-5 mil and decret on wages would help us alot.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messias had maybe 3-4 good games this season.

Saelemakers had none this season, but last year he had around 8-9 good ones.

Between the two, I would probably keep Salad because of a higher resale value, the possibility of further development and because I think he is liked by the rest of the squad.

However, I think that neither one of them will develop much especially if they play second fiddle to a real RW.

Messias lacks the physical sharpness and discipline needed for a player entering his 30s. I bet you that next game he will go back to his "I just finished eating a T-bone steak" form.

Saelemamers lacks a lot of the basics such as crossing and one-touch play. He is like a street footballer with some slick moves but cannot keep it simple.

If the opportunity arrives that both of them are sold (+Samu of course) we should take it.

Crazy part is he used to do the opposite. a year ago he would keep it simple, recycle the ball and not lose possession. It seems like he learned 1 dribble move and now can't help himself, and loses the ball all game

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Not sure about the details of injuries.. but Dybala missed 21 games last year and 16 games this year..
And he is not going to get any younger or better..
Just my opinion..

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crazy part is he used to do the opposite. a year ago he would keep it simple, recycle the ball and not lose possession. It seems like he learned 1 dribble move and now can't help himself, and loses the ball all game
Exactly.. he is just over complicating everything now

Status
Not open for further replies.