• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
Apparently Raiola is still alive and is still fighting according to Football Italia. I hope he pulls through

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Damn, we joke about it, but hearing/reading it doesn’t feel good at all.

Since the announcement of his coma/illness, we haven’t heard from him or seen him. I was sure that he was in a battle for his life.

I hope he recovers if he’s still alive but Just like they first denied his hospitalization/coma…they’re denying the death too. So …

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Guy made a deal with the devil. That he's already been resuscitated, it's not going to get easier for him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Don't want Berardi.. but better him than Zaniolo based on performance so far.. Zaniolo could still break out but it is a hypothesis..
Regarding Berardi.. many wanted Depay here last summer.. he was the best non PSG player in Ligue 1 for 2-3 seasons.. see how he has faded at Barca.. it is one thing being the big fish in a small pond like PSV/Lyon (for Depay) /Sassuolo.. it is a whole different matter delivering consistently under pressure at United/Barca/Milan.. Acerbi is another example.. Berardi's goal returns is by no means a guarantee..
You can say that about any player playing great at a smaller club really.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Mahrez was sickeningly good against RM the other night...unfortunately I don't think we've got a shot of landing him takeover or not :cry:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Hahahaha, stop it. Oh, so "against top 6, we do great, but that doesn't mean anything!" Do you fear Atalanta or Lazio more? Are you saying Atalanta are an easier team than Roma and Lazio? I'd appreciate your answer, please.

Sassuolo we played Bakayoko from the start. Romagnoli got embarrassed by Berardi, while Sassuolo scored a world-class goal (he had two) with a lucky bounce for his second. We had a bad game. Consigli had an amazing game, to be fair. Good thing we have a good reason to want to beat them bad, eh? We outplayed Fiorentina, though, glad you tacitly retracted that one.

I actually didn't argue that, I said that the schedule actually suits us more (Inter have a easier schedule [but weren't you the one who said that Inter won't drop points during this period?]) considering we struggle against teams in low-blocks versus teams that are more open. That's the words of Bergomi. Jeez man.

Juve is a tougher match-up for us than Napoli, even if Napoli is the better team, because Juve play in a low-block, I'm not sure why you don't get what I'm saying.

Yes all the top 6 i would like to avoid at any costs. lazio and atalanta are included in the top 6

Regarding Inter I said its unlikely for inter to drop points while we also win all of our matches, which still stands

For the third time, yes i get ur point. But this has not been the case this season.
i mention sassuolo but you seem to have an excuse for why we lost it.. so where do we go from there. I could also mention the loss to napoli but i already know who you would blame for that loss

Also this isn't true. Maybe Sassuolo played well, but we dropped the ball against Fiorentina with some easily avoidable goals. Tata dropped the ball and Gabbia was too threatened emotionally to kick the ball away. Saponara scored his usual stunner against us and then Vlahovic on the counter detroyed Gabbia. We had a clear as day penalty denied after Leao was clipped. Then Theo decided to stop playing, lost the ball just outside the box and they scored the 4th. They literally had 5 shots on target.

I took the outplayed part back, but we lost to them while they were missing two of their starting cbs.
You typing this as if that’s something that can’t happen again. Btw we have it harder at creating chances now compared to the first few months of the season.

Let us hope that rebic and zlatan will be fit enough to change that

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think I get like this when I don't have any control. The players are in control so it's different.

I've heard many players say that it's much easier for them to be in the game than to watch it (if they're suspended, injured or whatever).
I turned around and looked in the other direction during the shoot out vs Rio Ave :lol: I know exactly what you mean.

Holy shit what an experience you're in for this weekend. I'm envious :D

Last edited:

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Someone remind me - when Deulofeu was with us, did he play RW much? Probably not, as we had Suso.
But he's having a strong season..Can't imagine he'd be costly.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tomori, Kalulu and Romagnoli are all on 4 yellow cards. We need to be extremely cautious. We are on the verge of fielding Romagnol-Gabbia against Atalanta for example :lol:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Even without considering how the players approach these fixtures, the matches will be completely different

The defense is what cost Milan in these fixtures before mostly because of Capitano, no Tomori, Tata, Gabbia. The defense in place now has carried the side for months

So just based on that it will be a much better showing
Tata's penalty save in the derby could be the difference in us winning the title. He made a mistake against Fiorentina but other than that he was solid when called upon.

Last edited:

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
:lol:

I questioned this fact about him yesterday and two posters told me that two ACLs(one in each knee) most likely with modern medicine means there is very, very little chance it happens again.

I was being half serious.

Zaniolo seems a prick to me, but if we are going to sign a strong italian I don't see any other alternative to Berardi than him. I would welcome Berardi. He would certainly strengthen us while we continue to grow and next year we can just sign a stronger RW again and have Berardi as an alternative.

I need to correct myself. I'm not a physio or a doctor in any shape or form, I'm just a guy after ACL reconstruction. The comment I made about ACL was based on the conventional / anecdotal knowledge I picked up from other athletes and physios during my recovery.

Turns out the data paints a somewhat different picture (which kinda surprised me). The reinjury of reconstructed ACL is not taht uncommon. It turns out that ipsilateral (same leg) reinjury is almost as probable as contralateral (opposite leg) injury.
"Overall, the total second ACL reinjury rate was 15%, with an ipsilateral reinjury rate of 7% and contralateral injury rate of 8%. The secondary ACL injury rate (ipsilateral + contralateral) for patients younger than 25 years was 21%. The secondary ACL injury rate for athletes who return to a sport was also 20%. Combining these risk factors, athletes younger than 25 years who return to sport have a secondary ACL injury rate of 23%."

Buuut ipsilateral reinjury is most common within 12 months after the surgery. Proper recovery process is vital. It is already 1 year after Zaniolo is back on the pitch, and 20 months after his second injury, so he's risk is much lower now.
"The most common cause of graft failure was during sporting activity 12 months or less from initial surgery (77%)."
So after that period the risk would be somewhere about 2-3% and that's an average, with better surgeon, the chance is even smaller (in another paper I read that a big risk factor in ACL graft rapture is "nonideal tunel position")

Anyway my main point in my previous post was that the ACL rapture is not a recurring thing like muscle problems.

But even if we disregard the risk of ACL reinjury, I would still be really really concerned with signing someone after 2 ACL reconstructions.

When i had my ACL reconstructed and I learned what the surgery looks like, I thought they were telling me about some procedure straight from the middle ages. Basically they take tissue from other part of your body - like from a hamstring tendon, and fashion a new ligament graft from that tissue. Then they drill two holes in your knee - one in the femur and one in the tibia. Next they thread the new ligament through those holes and secure it on both ends with placks or something. After few month the holes in your bones fill up fixing the ligament graft in place. Of course now it is all done with arthroscopy, so it is much less impactful than it used to be, but still it is a pretty fuckin invasive procedure.

One thing to worry about with a prospect like Zaniolo is the repercussions of the injury - the knee joint is very complex and fragile, and such invasive procedure will most likely have long term negative effects. It's hard to predict anything, as every case will be different. In my case it's been a nightmare, but I'm not a pro athlete with access to top doctors and physio staff 24/7, so yeah... your mileage may vary. Many player come out of it with their performence restricted. Knee swelling and stiffness, cartilage defficiency, pain, etc. But some come back to near full fitness. In case of Zaniolo time will tell.

But the other concerning thing is that there are preexisting risk factors that led to those ACL injuries in the first place. And in case of Zaniolo it wasn't an unfortunate foul that caused the injuries, but rather it was his own movement. There can be problems in the ankle-knee-hip axis stability, improper movement mechanics, lack of proper deceleration training. The latter is common in young athletic players. If you focus your training only on explosive acceleration, and neglect to train your body for deceleration, then bad things can happen. Deceleration movements are often less predictable during game scenario, hence also more violent. You are driving a Ferrari with faulty breaks basically. It would have to be identified and retrained, but that takes time and patience, and pro athletes are often rushed, as was the case with Zaniolo after his first ACL injury apparently. I think he returned to play after 5 months, which is waaay too fast after ACL reconstruction.

"Young Athletes Who Return to Sport Before 9 Months After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Have a Rate of New Injury 7 Times That of Those Who Delay Return"

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Been there, done that too I must confess.

The last time Milan battled for serious titles I was in my early 20s. Now, at 33, edging 34, my heart can't take certain situations anymore. I don't remember exactly which games but there have been two or three games this season I had to turn off early because I felt the anxiety was about to kill me. :D
I'm almost the same age, 32, so most titles I saw Milan win was as a child or teenager and sadly back then (when I started supporting Milan at about 9-10 years old) there wasn't much coverage. No streaming services back then, so I usually only saw CL games that were shown on local TV stations.
At least in our last Scudetto season I could already watch all games and luckily been at our last home game against Cagliari when we celebrated the Scudetto, something I'll never forget. To be in Milano and celebrate there with so many other Rossoneri fans is something incredible. Sadly can't go to a game anymore this season, too late.

One thing I never do though is to turn off a Milan game, no matter what's going on or how the score is, I never ever turn off a game early. Sometimes (or maybe most times :D) I'm really on the edge, like last game, when you just pray for a goal so we don't lose points. Maybe Milan will kill me one day, but I don't mind, this club means too much to me and has been a part of my life for too long, so it's worth it.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
James Rodriguez has 4G in 12 appearances in Qatar league... He has checked out mentally as a footballer...
Flash in the pan. Great at the 2014 World Cup.

namorov

Reaction score
Yeah I too think there's enough room for interpretation whether to give a pen or not. What bothers me tho is that whenever in doubt, referees whistle against us.

Lazio handball? Twice!!? Mhh mm... Nah it's okay. Let's give a yellow and not pen.

Udogies handball? Mhhh... The pictures aren't that clear... Nah it's okay.

But:

Giroud is on the ground, tough one... Well, let's not award that goal nevertheless.

Kalulu for a shier fracture of a second in offside, but... Bah, nvm, disallow the goal!

It's just been a pattern of this season that referees really don't like to take a decision in our favor when in doubt.
I agree completely, that there is a lot of room for interpretation in certain cases, and too many times this season we got the short end of the stick.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Damn, we joke about it, but hearing/reading it doesn’t feel good at all.

Since the announcement of his coma/illness, we haven’t heard from him or seen him. I was sure that he was in a battle for his life.

I hope he recovers if he’s still alive but Just like they first denied his hospitalization/coma…they’re denying the death too. So …
He's been looking like a walking heart attack for 20 years now, but I don't know if it's necessarily related to that. But it likely is.

I hope he pulls through and that he takes his health seriously, such an incredibly influential person in football. We can hate him for playing the game, but he has shown the way and others will follow. Only serious legislation will curb agent power.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
RIP eitherway, because whatever I may have thought about Raiola the player agent, no one deserves to die this early...
Weeeelllll

Last edited:

namorov

Reaction score
I don't get the price thrown around for Haller, I've seen 45m. He hasn't really scored that much and flopped in the PL.
Absolutely, he's a good CF, and Ajax made a great deal getting him. But buying him now when he's hyped after scoring all those UCL goals, would be the opposite of a good bargain

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
Man Utd supposedly going for Osimhen for 100m. If the arabs come through, should we outbid them? :D

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I don't understand all the love and compassion for Mino just because he's dying or dead. :max:

So many good, innocent and only slightly bad or flawed people dead and dying every day in war-torn or deprived areas and here we are hoping and praying for the fat fuck who only loved money to pull through or rest in peace. I respect and love a lot of you guys but fuck that shit man.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I don't understand all the love and compassion for Mino just because he's dying or dead. :max:

So many good, innocent and only slightly bad or flawed people dead and dying every day in war-torn or deprived areas and here we are hoping and praying for the fat fuck who only loved money to pull through or rest in peace. I respect and love a lot of you guys but fuck that shit man.

slow clap

Status
Not open for further replies.