The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You have $5 to spend, which players from our past do you magically time travel and bring in to this current team?

$3: Baresi, Gullit, Van Basten, Kaka
$2: Seedorf, Donadoni, Boban, Ibra
$1: Prince, Pato, Oddo, Gilardino
Ibra.......Pato

Seedorf

Tonali....Bennacer

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Being the best attacking force between a bunch of Brahim, Salad, Messiass, Giroud, Krunic, or Kessie is not some kind of achievement
Carrying the attack with those bums absolutely is

Everything goes through our left flank

Leao is so fucking good despite few question marks about him and his game which I frankly couldn’t care about because he’s such a sick player

People need to understand the levels here too. If he leaves, he leaves to play in that City side coached by Pep because he is at that level

Take leao out and we have to rebuild the entire attack

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In 2022 Milan have conceded 8 goals in 15 league games. Only Liverpool (6) have conceded less in Europe's big 5 leagues.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Apparently Verratti is desperate to play in Serie A and would happily return to Italy tomorrow morning. However, he turns 30 in November, earns 9m net and still has 2 years left on his contract so fuck him.
A bit of an overrated player.. the guy can't shoot and can't really pass further than 10 meters. He is only good at shielding the ball under pressure. I think Bennacer has a similar profile but with more potential since he is a better ball winner and can contribute with some shooting.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Leao is so fucking good despite few question marks about him and his game which I frankly couldn’t care about because he’s such a sick player

People need to understand the levels here too. If he leaves, he leaves to play in that City side coached by Pep because he is at that level

I would replace Leao with christopher nkunku any day of the week especially if they have the same price Tag

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You have $5 to spend, which players from our past do you magically time travel and bring in to this current team?

Baresi & Ibra

If I had $6 I'd save the $1 :o

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

Van Basten the most complete forward and best finisher. Seedorf who gives you the option to play as a side midfielder in a 3 or as a #10.

Only other real options are Gullit and Donadoni who basically cover the RW.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
he'll help the way he helped them this season :lol:

The squad barring C dot are lazy as fuck and way overpaid. Nobody could save that team. When you still have Sir Red Nose and Moyes signings still in the squad and they left 8 and 9 years ago. You ain't doing shit tbh. It has a terrible culture. From the owners all the way down to the fan cams.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Honestly speaking the most exciting thing about Leao is not just the player he is rn but the player he can become. That may be unlocked when hes surrounded by a better striker and cam, but hes showing the right tools to make it. 11 goals in all competitions is not that insane, Rebic did it in back to back seasons in less games. The difference is that Rebics best is only 11 goals, while the best for Leao is yet to come. Thats what makes him a prospect. But we need to treat him as a prospect, the guy is asking for the highest wage in the team and his ego is becoming insane. Team always comes first.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he'll help the way he helped them this season :lol:

At least Milan dodged him. I have no idea what they are thinking, he is even a pretty lousy interim coach, how is he supposed to coach a national team in his style with an international break every two months?

Pioli :star:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
A couple of interesting (but contradictory) articles on SempreMilan re salaries...one claims that we're paying 68.5m gross whereas the other says 79m. Also, there's some inconsistencies between the two articles re Romagnoli's salary (10.2m vs. 6.5m) plus the more recent article is missing salaries for Florenzi, Messias, Diaz + Baka for some reason. However, after combining the two articles and cross-checking player data you get the full picture...

Ibra 9.2m
Roma 10.2m
Rebic 4.6m
Giroud 4.6m
Florenzi 5.6m
Maignan 3.7m
Bakayoko 4.6m
Kessie 4.1m
Tomori 2.6m
Calabria 3.7m
Conti 1.9m
Theo 2.0m
Samu 2.8m
Benny 2.8m
Leao 1.8m
Tonali 2.2m
Tata 1.6m
Kjaer 1.6m
Krunic 2.0m
Saele 1.3m
Pellegri 0.7m
Messias 1.9m :lol::fp:
BT 1.3m
Kalulu 0.8m
Gabbia 1.1m
Diaz 0.7m
Plizzari 0.3m
Maldini 0.6m
Mirante 1.3m
Lazetic 0.7m

TOTAL 82.3m

This is an unbelievably LOW amount for a league leader and the LOWEST amongst the other teams leading Europe's TOP 5 leagues. Also, Conti (1.9m) + Pellegri (0.7m) have already left whereas expensive deadweight like Baka (4.6m), Samu (2.8m) + Messias (1.9m) are certain to leave yielding a guaranteed saving of 11.9m next season. Furthermore, overpriced bench players like Romagnoli (10.2m), Ibra (9.2m) + Florenzi (5.6m) are unlikely to be redeemed neither is Kessie (4.1m) for a total saving of 29.1m. In other words, the wage bill will HALVE next season from 82m to 41m following these almost certain exits (11.9m+29.1m = 41m).

Obviously I'm aware that most of these savings will be eaten up by new signings and renewals for key players like Leao, Benny + Theo etc. However, it's still extremely impressive how Milan have gone from a midtable team with a bloated wage bill to league leaders with the lowest in just a few seasons. Actually, it's pretty fucking UNBELIEVABLE! Kudos to both Elliott & MMM for achieving the almost unthinkable.

Lastly, after looking at the gross/net calculations, it seems as though a gross factor of 1.3x has been applied to foreign signings who benefit from the Growth Decree Tax (vs. 1.85x for domestic signings). Therefore, the signings of Botman (3.5m net/4.6m gross), Origi (4m net/5.2m gross) + Sanches (4m net/5.2m gross) will have a combined cost of 15m whereas a Serie A free agent like Dybala would earn (7.5m net/13.9m gross) for a total new player cost of 28.9m leaving 12.1m (41m-28.9m) for the most pressing contract renewals (Benny 4m net/7.4m gross - 4.6m gross increase on 21/22, Leao 4m net/5.2m gross - 3.4m gross increase on 21/22 + Theo 4m net/5.2m gross - 3.2m gross increase on 21/22) for a total renewal uplift of 4.6m+3.4m+3.2m = 11.2m. In other words, after halving the wage bill after getting rid of overpaid benchwarmers/deadbeat players, it's possible to sign Botman, Sanches, Origi + Dybala AND renew Theo, Benny + Leao and still have money left over (41m-28.9m-11.2m = 0.9m :lol:).

DUE DILLIGENCE DONE - MUBADALA PAY ME

Last edited:

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
I’d pick Boateng then keep the change. Boateng #10 was peak Allegri. I remember the days. :lol:

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Dybala is one of the best players (SA, CAM or RW) in the world. His contract discussions and uncertain future have damaged his moral recently and so physical issues increased *despite Covid. Once he get back to a stable situation, and feels trust from the club, he will again make damage to any team. Not saying we should sign him, but this is just a fact.
He is going to inter. Marotta can get anyone, even if inter has no money

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Its definitely Kaka + Ibra

but if Sheva were considered, would he be $2 or $3?
i’d pick Kaka + Sheva

or Seedorf, Ibra, Pato is a good alternative
Sheva is a Golden Ball and twice capocannoniere and Milan's no.2 scorer

Please tell me how he isnt a $3

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was kinda set up for failure

The team isn't built to his style at all and they made no transfers in the winter market, they just gave up on the season
That's also on Rangnick as he is a huge one-trick-Pony compared to real top managers. That he only got a job like that at a really big team alone is telling.

Now he is probably aiming for the German national team via ours as stepping stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule