• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
That header clearance at the edge of the box by Mike yesterday is not talked about enough.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Inter, therapies for Barella but there is optimism

Unlikely to be out for next game

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
They do not see Acerbi offside, Pairetto and Nasca suspended until the end of the season

VAR in Italy is the worst. I haven’t seen daily mistakes in other leagues.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
@RobDawsonESPN: Jesse Lingard will leave Manchester United at the end of the season. AC Milan and Juventus are interested in the player.

Could be a decent option for AM/RW if not expensive.
Just realised he'll be 30 in December...WTF seems like he started out at Utd just recently, time flies

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
He can be, he is carrying himself in a very professional way and I can’t imagine us fans hating on him for any particular reason, we just want to upgrade. So I am totally fine him being a captain and on the bench.

Nothing but respect for Alessio.
Oh I'm not hating on him - just prefer to not see him on the pitch if possible.

But if he stays because Lazio didn't meet his wage demands let's not wrap that into 'his love for Milan'

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I don't have very strong opinions on who the greatest manager of all time is, like with players, I just know who I don't think should be included.

Do you know what's funny with managers? People say that to be a great manager, you need to have a "distinctive style" but then they also say "you need to have a Plan B."

Carlo structured his tactics and style to the players that were in front of him, he didn't demand that teams become restructured to please him--and you can say, "oh that's why owners like him"--but it's also why players loved him: he was loyal to them, he knew how to get the best out of them.

You could say Carlo should have won more, at Milan in particular, because that team from 2002-2007 was the best team in the world, and no one was close, it might be one of the best teams ever. But before Carlo came, that team was largely there, and was mediocre in comparison to what it became, so maybe his skill was in how he was able to extract the most out of players and that is his special skill rather than some tactical choice?

Absolutely true. After the golden period of the 90s, Milan was suffering from a slump period from 1997-2002 and didn’t do much in Europe either. Once Ancelotti came, that bad period ended.

It’s easy to say in hindsight but after all Ancelotti did build this team and made them play their best football. Some of the players like Kaka and Shevchenko weren’t the same once they left Ancelotti. Pirlo wasn’t the same either and needed to go Juventus to rediscover his old level. I won’t mention the likes of Nesta/Seedorf/Gattuso/Inzaghi because for them they just simply got old.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh I'm not hating on him - just prefer to not see him on the pitch if possible.

But if he stays because Lazio didn't meet his wage demands let's not wrap that into 'his love for Milan'
Is/was Romagnoli under Raiola?

The fact that he's on a massive contract that he would not get elsewhere negates any argument for "his love"

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree with you mostly but I also reject the narrative that we had hands down the best team in the world. They were always calling us old because our team was pretty old.

When we won '07 Maldini was 40 and a lot of our guys were at the end of their careers. Cafu couldn't do it all so we got Oddo. 07 was very special because we lost Sheva, Crespo Vieri etc and only had an ageing Inzaghi and a misfiring Gilardino. We were also -6 points in the league because of Calciopoli.

Kaká stepped up big time as did Seedorf etc and Carlo led us to the revenge CL. Ppl talk about us being so good in retrospect because at the time nobody had us as favorite. They were predicting an all English final. Man United had actually won the first leg.

Ppl look back at our squad named and think "wow what an incredible team" . But only those who were watching us all the time knew the full story. Maldini was ageing. See also Serginho, Costacurta etc. Vieri was borderline useless. Redondo was always injured. Gilardino was becoming an embarrassment. In '07 Dida was good but becoming increasingly unreliable etc. R9 was often not fit to play and wasn't in the CL team.

This is all added to the comical refereeing (hence Calciopoli) and then the almost pro-inter swing thereafter.

If you want to say that Carlo underachieved I won't argue too much. But I get the feeling that some of the context gets lost.
You can argue that Carlo underachieved in the 04-05 season and 05-06 season perhaps but that that 2007 CL win is a great example of overachieving. That squad was really old. Our 2006 form after Calciopoli was terrible, we were struggling so much, the squad was clearly declining. I think that 2007 squad is the oldest squad to ever win a CL even now, it was certainly the case back then and I believe it’s still the case now. Winning CL in 2007 was unexpected and definitely Carlo overachieving there. To me at least. And I say that makes up for that 2005 fiasco.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
In Ancelotti's Milan,
Real Madrid's Galacticos and Ronaldinho and Messi's Barca won it twice each

Inter, Liverpool, Bayern and Porto each won one.
With the exception of Porto these were all great teams. Milan is the only one that made it to the finals three times and we were robbed in the semi finals vs Barca.

To me this isn't the massive under achievement story at all. The Deportivo and Liverpool collapse were horrible....but in general I can only look back on Carlo's time with fondness

Call it rose tinted glasses but I remember us having a lot of problems in the squad but some players were untouchable. Ppl got man when you called out P!rl0 and Maldini himself had been declining. It was almost sinful to call out Maldini but he was becoming increasingly worse with age. It's understandable. But most fans dared not say anything.

Meanwhile, Real and Barca just kept getting stronger and stronger.....and yet it was only when Carlo came along that Madrid finally got la Decima.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
If not for these "mistakes" we'd have the league wrapped up by now
Even if we only take Udinese games into account, it would be the case.

Dzeko's penalty was never a penalty. Even Inter fans say so. In that case it was a draw and we are currently +4 over Inter. Then let's add our game where we dropped two points to an Udogie handball goal. That would put us +6 with 9 points to play for. Imagine needing only a single win or even 3 draws to win Scudetto, or Inter dropping any points pretty much giving us Scudetto. Crazy, right? That's also foregoing the number of other stolen points.

Scandalous if we lose Scudetto to this Inter side with how much they are helped and we are punished.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
b03d1ab6d473f6ac5fc95d6171d6ec.jpg
100M? Lmao

Scam isnt worth more than 25 and thats beting on his age and improvement.
Berardi s around 18M. Wouldnt pay cent more.
Fratesi around 15.
They can f off with their pricing.

I d only go for Fratesi for that price cause hes Italian and offers depth and imo s ok player. Other 2 re overrated.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Guys,

is Mino really dead or is this just some massive prank you’re all playing on me

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In Ancelotti's Milan,
Real Madrid's Galacticos and Ronaldinho and Messi's Barca won it twice each

Inter, Liverpool, Bayern and Porto each won one.
With the exception of Porto these were all great teams. Milan is the only one that made it to the finals three times and we were robbed in the semi finals vs Barca.

To me this isn't the massive under achievement story at all. The Deportivo and Liverpool collapse were horrible....but in general I can only look back on Carlo's time with fondness

Carlo did a great job in UCL it must be said yep. There were many great teams back then as well. RM at the start were very good, United/Arsenal/Barcelona/Chelsea/Bayern/Liverpool/Inter/Juventus were always competing. Lyon/PSV were also good. The G14 clubs or what you call them back then essentially. A lot of quality.

I certainly think Carlo did very well in UCL, which is why I will always love that team and how good and consistent we were in UCL. For me it’s always the most important thing, do well and go deep in CL, everyone talks about us that way.

People talk about Carlo underachieving, I think it’s mostly with the league really. I think we were the best team in 04/05 and 05/06 so I think ideally we should have 3 peated the league from 04-06 but tbf Juventus was also a very good team back then and we all know what actually happened with Calciopoli. Without it we could have honestly won 2005/06 league titles and Carlo’s Milan could have been established as completely legendary. 3 league titles + 2 CLs from 2003-07 would have been god level tier stuff

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I wish all new additions to the Ancelotti or Messi or Barcelona discussions automatically became DMs between the interested parties. Would take a pretty sophisticated algorithm, but I'm sure it could be done

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Is/was Romagnoli under Raiola?

The fact that he's on a massive contract that he would not get elsewhere negates any argument for "his love"
He was and then he changed.

Romagnoli has played the game perfectly; his salary was hidden for most of his time here, he ran down his contract like the others and was angling for a big increase but when his fortunes changed he kept quiet and played the dutiful player role.

If this was GoT he may have made it out alive.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Our players needs to fall more for pk. Watching shinter primadonas they really know how to fall in bunch of games. They re nr.1 in pk given iirc.

And that fker Dzeko staying on ground untill ref checks var. Wow.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Our players needs to fall more for pk. Watching shinter primadonas they really know how to fall in bunch of games. They re nr.1 in pk given iirc.

And that fker Dzeko staying on ground untill ref checks var. Wow.
What else was Rafa supposed to do yesterday? :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule