Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
FFS , Real win the CL for fun.
You are making it like he invented the hot water wining the CL with Real.
Carlo is a good coach , but for me he can never be goat for so many reasons.
Mainly i appreciate leagues more than CL & if am not mistaken he has never won a league & a CL in the same calendar year which is something insanely hard to pull unless you are one amazing tactician.
In 2007 he was given a green light by the board to get the CL & Milan basically surrendered the league since day one.
While all elite teams were fighting on both fronts Milan had 5-6 games to play all season which gave them a huge advantage & that plan worked.
Don't be silly Wild. Real hadn't won the CL for TWELVE YEARS before Carlo gave then La Decima.
And then Zidane perfected Carlo's team

It's sort of like how Rijkaard built Barcelona's success and Pep came in and perfected it.
Also the last CL Milan won, we had points deducted Wild.

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is more afraid of Verona than both Atlanta and Sassuolo?

However, I also have faith in this Milan team. I just hope they give their 100% in the remaining matches.

I am tired of seeing the Scudetto patch on our rival's Jerseys. It's time for Milan to have one.

And that sweet pot 1 in the UCL too.

Sent from my moto g(40) fusion using Tapatalk

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Holy shit now I get why even our own players get the shit when entering San Siro 😳

A beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon in front of 75K passionate fans willing an iconic club that is inches away from glory inside the cathedral of football. Any player watching would be inspired, and if they weren't, then I would seriously question whether they are passionate about football. There is no better spectacle than this. Milan is about to be the center of football again.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
San sid
Am I the only one who is more afraid of Verona than both Atlanta and Sassuolo?

However, I also have faith in this Milan team. I just hope they give their 100% in the remaining matches.

I am tired of seeing the Scudetto patch on our rival's Jerseys. It's time for Milan to have one.

And that sweet pot 1 in the UCL too.

Sent from my moto g(40) fusion using Tapatalk
verona are so going to park the bus with their back 5 its gonna be torture

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I had to google that because I’ve never heard of it lol.

There seems to be absolutely no societal value to the metaverse to me. So correct me if I am wrong: people do exactly what they do in real life but in a virtual world?

Seems like a video game to me or another opportunity for Facebook to monetize the virtual world in something that adds zero value to society.

At least Facebook itself can serve a role of advertising for businesses and connect people (if you take only the positive side of Facebook and ignore the general toxicity abundant on a lot of these social media platforms).

Then again I really haven’t done much of any research and I could be way off base with what it really entails.
I think Metaverse is a collection of what is already here, not a complete new invention - But with VR glasses.

There is the children game Roblox. In some way every game is kind of a Metaverse, GTA has it own city where you do what you want, so is Sims. In multiplayer games, you can turn on the microphone, talk and plan the game with your friends. Even Farmville was once a virtual farm, lol.

People already join “Spaces” in Twitter to talk in a group, or in Zoom. Pandemic allowed people to test the online school. In Discord you can share your screen to watch with friends while talking to friends. I often join such groups of football and movies.

I think Metaverse is going to be an imitation of real life, perhaps a bit more artistic, and where people have “more freedom”, but I wonder if people will really get addicted into it, or it will rather be a failure like the 3D technology. I believe people will buy the VR for curiosity then if they remain in it or not is unknown. Thought I believe childreen are more likely to like it.

Imagine a virtual cinema, that replaces the real-life cinemas, you create a profile, a 3D profile of yourself, your face, and then you join with friends or foreigners there, a movie plays in that virtual cinema, people feel close together.

Then imagine the classroom, the whiteboard, the tables, the teacher, and the children, each with its own profile, speaking with their microphone, and drawing on the board.

Or a game which makes you enter in a 3D supermarket, all the products listed there, and even the visitors, who would then order online. That would replace online stores.

A virtual studio where two or more people host a debate on politics, science or whatever. This would replace the real life TV debates where only the famous people take part.

Perhaps a dancing room where you dance and the camera is used for the AI to imitate your body and emotions.

Inside the metaverse, you could also buy “virtual assets” to make money.

You can become “somebody else” and perhaps succed more there than in real world.

Watch the anime “Belle” or the “Ready Player One”

Zuck said he liked Metaverse because it made him feel as if the friends were in the room together with him.

A1C371AA-2221-4A9B-B5B5-8A7A6A7F777A.jpeg

5B339154-6788-4FC0-9DAE-EAB5AB3213FC.jpeg

Personally I don’t like that Metaverse will need VR glasses. It’s like becoming “blind” of real world, being physically in real world and mentally in the virtual world. That’s the downside that makes it as a dystopia. Think of watching family members or being in a coffee, where people have put the VR glasses on, we would then understand the elders who don’t like phones, seeing how we are all connected on our phones all the time and nobody wants to talk.

I’m more interested in AR glasses, hologram communications, hologram worlds.

For instance, imagine sitting in the stands at a football game. While you watch the action, your AR glasses display stats, scores and player data. Likewise, if you’re walking down the street looking for a place to eat, your AR glasses can display local options, including restaurant ratings and reviews.

D181DBB8-D863-43FD-B42C-BD10CC88ED3C.jpeg

C211F812-CA00-404A-815C-61AEEA64467F.jpeg

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Jesus Christ that was a long post

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Maignan is clearly the best we’ve ever had. Dida comes close but nobody was as well rounded as Maignan, and especially not as good as he is with his feet and knowing how important that is these days.

It’s a ridiculous thing to be surprised about. Maignan is amazing, and we haven’t had a really great goalkeeper in our history, as far as I know. There’s not a lot of challengers.

The only argument against it is that Maignan has been here one season.
Maignan is a fantastic keeper and an amazing signing by MMM. His signing and performances have been so good it is a though Donna has never existed.

I would definitely say one of Milan’s great signings - but I would argue a case for Seba Rossi he too was an astounding keeper and massively underrated.

He just happened to have the greatest defensive team in history playing in front of him hence the underrated status.

I remember him making mind boggling reaction saves when players managed to do something superhuman to beat the invincible’s defence only to find Seba Rossi between the posts. Denying them a goal.

I remember opposition players having meltdowns because in order to score they had to do the seemingly impossible.

But Maignan no doubt is an outstanding signing.
2F5928AC-B6A0-48B7-89F4-8C6280630254.jpeg
Apologies for the long post but I always rated Rossi very highly as a keeper one of the great keepers.

Last edited:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
He wouldn't fit our setup at all. Diaby can actually use both his feet, can play on either wing, and his crossing and passing is good.

I don't think he's worth 60m, the second we are in that price range, I would rather pay 35m for last year of his contract Gabriel Jesus. I'm sure City would prefer to sell him abroad.

Gabriel Jesus is my first choice, his age, salary, versatility, and he is a genuine Milan fan makes him perfect for us.
Im even afraid of thinking about possible attacking trio of players that are actually technical quality: rafa, nunez/someone, jesus/mahrez. (My utmost respect goes to Oliviero! But we also need s no.9 with different technical aspects)

Also, as papers say, City may sell Mahrez. I'd tsje them both, Jesus+Mahrez. In serie a and Milan that would be superb.

Aldough, with 433 that we will seemingly play, it would maybe be better to have a more direct rw. Hence Dybaka/Jesus/Zaniolo type.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I think our fans continue to support the team through so much, the banter era really solidified the core of the fandom and/or humbled us.

The fan crying when we were up at half time at Liverpool was all of us I think.

Even during our 2002-2007, I don't think we took on many plastic fans. And if we did, they're gone, lol.
Agree - When people talk about the weight of the shirt or playing in San Siro etc - some attribute that to fans but our fans dont come across like Real fans. Yes you will hear the occasional groan or sigh but at Bernabeu they are booing and hissing at players that won them trophies for 1-2 bad matches.

We truly are a different breed.
Don't be silly Wild. Real hadn't won the CL for TWELVE YEARS before Carlo gave then La Decima.
And then Zidane perfected Carlo's team

It's sort of like how Rijkaard built Barcelona's success and Pep came in and perfected it.
Also the last CL Milan won, we had points deducted Wild.
One thing I rate about Real - when they think they need a title (a drought has been too long) they go out and get the people for it.

Will never forget when they got Capello to win the league and thank you very much, gone before the celebrations were done properly 🤣🤣

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I think Metaverse is a collection of what is already here, not a complete new invention - But with VR glasses.

There is the children game Roblox. In some way every game is kind of a Metaverse, GTA has it own city where you do what you want, so is Sims. In multiplayer games, you can turn on the microphone, talk and plan the game with your friends. Even Farmville was once a virtual farm, lol.

People already join “Spaces” in Twitter to talk in a group, or in Zoom. Pandemic allowed people to test the online school. In Discord you can share your screen to watch with friends while talking to friends. I often join such groups of football and movies.

I think Metaverse is going to be an imitation of real life, perhaps a bit more artistic, and where people have “more freedom”, but I wonder if people will really get addicted into it, or it will rather be a failure like the 3D technology. I believe people will buy the VR for curiosity then if they remain in it or not is unknown. Thought I believe childreen are more likely to like it.

Imagine a virtual cinema, that replaces the real-life cinemas, you create a profile, a 3D profile of yourself, your face, and then you join with friends or foreigners there, a movie plays in that virtual cinema, people feel close together.

Then imagine the classroom, the whiteboard, the tables, the teacher, and the children, each with its own profile, speaking with their microphone, and drawing on the board.

Or a game which makes you enter in a 3D supermarket, all the products listed there, and even the visitors, who would then order online. That would replace online stores.

Perhaps a dancing room where you dance and the camera is used for the AI to imitate your body and emotions.

Inside the metaverse, you could also buy “virtual assets” to make money.

You can become “somebody else” and perhaps succed more there than in real world.

Watch the anime “Belle” or the “Ready Player One”

Zuck said he liked Metaverse because it made him feel as if the friends were in the room together with him.

View attachment 3792

View attachment 3793

Personally I don’t like that Metaverse will need VR glasses. It’s like becoming “blind” of real world, being physically in real world and mentally in the virtual world. That’s the downside that makes it as a dystopia. Think of watching family members or being in a coffee, where people have put the VR glasses on, we would then understand the elders who don’t like phones, seeing how we are all connected on our phones all the time and nobody wants to talk.

I’m more interested in AR glasses, hologram communications, hologram worlds.

For instance, imagine sitting in the stands at a football game. While you watch the action, your AR glasses display stats, scores and player data. Likewise, if you’re walking down the street looking for a place to eat, your AR glasses can display local options, including restaurant ratings and reviews.

View attachment 3796

View attachment 3794

Watch The Congress, if you haven't seen it, was much more interesting to me than these other commercial ones.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Maignan is a fantastic keeper and an amazing signing by MMM. His signing and performances have been so good it is a though Donna has never existed.

I would definitely say one of Milan’s great signings - but I would argue a case for Seba Rossi he too was an astounding keeper and massively underrated.

He just happened to have the greatest defensive team in history playing in front of him hence the underrated status.

I remember him making mind boggling reaction saves when players managed to do something superhuman to beat the invincible’s defence only to find Seba Rossi between the posts. Denying them a goal.

I remember opposition players having meltdowns because in order to score they had to do the seemingly impossible.

But Maignan no doubt is an outstanding signing.
View attachment 3795
Apologies for the long post but I always rated Rossi very highly as a keeper one of the great keepers.
Didn't he have record of over 10 penalties saved in a single season? I love Maignan but this why you can't say a certain player is the best we ever had in a certain position when we haven't seen all the players in history. Same situation when the conversation goes to the GOAT in the history of football.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Didn't he have record of over 10 penalties saved in a single season? I love Maignan but this why you can't say a certain player is the best we ever had in a certain position when we haven't seen all the players in history. Same situation when the conversation goes to the GOAT in the history of football.
Maignan maybe our most gifted gk but he still hasn't achieve anything title wise. After couple scudetto and ucl maybe he can enter conversation as greatest milan gk ever.

Right now dida > maignan.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree - When people talk about the weight of the shirt or playing in San Siro etc - some attribute that to fans but our fans dont come across like Real fans. Yes you will hear the occasional groan or sigh but at Bernabeu they are booing and hissing at players that won them trophies for 1-2 bad matches.

We truly are a different breed.

One thing I rate about Real - when they think they need a title (a drought has been too long) they go out and get the people for it.

Will never forget when they got Capello to win the league and thank you very much, gone before the celebrations were done properly 🤣🤣

Their fans are the biggest assholes in football. They shit on their club legends and only live in the present.

To add to that, Spain as a whole is a piece of shit league. What kind of league doesn't let its clubs retire numbers for their club legends?

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Some of us aren’t kids like the rest of you.

Rossi had some phenomenal seasons.
Are you flexing the fact that you’re 50 and on an online fan forum?

Most people in their early-mid thirties did not watch football in the late 80s/early 90s.

A peculiar reason to be condescending.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

Huge thread regarding super league and the financial impact of covid etc.

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I'm crying just from watching the highlights

The composure, level of confidence, and those cold blooded finishers are lovely.

Cold blooded indeed. The Kaka and Seedorf strikes were hammer blows to the head. Absolutely devastating. Milan then toyed around before the final knock out - beautiful through ball to Gila to finish them off.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Leao would score 30 if he had Modric and Benzema passing to him, instead of Brahim, Kessie, and Messias

I have no doubt that Leao’s potential is above Vini

That's true,
But Leao also needs to polish his finishing.

As of today, i can see Vini winning future B D'or but not (yet) for Leao

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
kaka destroyed vidic that night. simple square ball in the second half and inzaghi scores easily, but kaka wanted a brace. lol

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of us aren’t kids like the rest of you.

Rossi had some phenomenal seasons.
I didn’t want to come into this discussion. You are right.
But Rossi is the best I’ve seen. Before liking Milan, he made me like football. Peak Rossi is just pure entertainment. The streak of fewest goals conceded ever!

But…do you really need to break the peoples happy bubble with being a smartass ?? We are 3 games away from the scudetto, Maignan is the signing of the season, he is one of the reasons we are in this position. Come on Stevan, let the fans enjoy the momentum.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All people said was that Maignan could become Milan's greatest keeper.

Rossi is a very good keeper, but let's not pretend that he is Yashin. In our all time lists, I think most would agree that GK is where we are weakest.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
cassano-ibrahimovic.gif
mike-maignan-and-rafael-leao-of-ac-milan-joke-at-the-end-the-serie-a-picture-id1384903894

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We should be all over Raphinha from Leeds if they go down (25 million clause then) and Gabriel Jesus if Man City really want to sell.

Then AM & Kessie replacement left. Would be fine rotating Jesus/Origi/Giroud for 1 season and add another AM and we would have quality depth up top. Jesus and Raphinha for the RW as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule