The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Id take this with a grain of salt, its reported by TuttoUdinese, pretty shit source imo especially if you consider the part where it says that we could end up swapping Deulofeu for Pobega

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Id take this with a grain of salt, its reported by TuttoUdinese, pretty shit source imo especially if you consider the part where it says that we could end up swapping Deulofeu for Pobega

Jesus + Deulofeu ?
Lesssssssssss goooooooooooooooo

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would shift him between outright striker and CAM, depending on quality and style of opponents.

Again, I think people are seeing that he has 30 goals and being scared he can only play further up. This is a guy who was brought in as a center mid, and not a bad one. He is better defensively than brahim, in addition to the obvious upgrades in goal scoring and assisting. Leipzig players run and press by default, no matter where he plays he will be a menace in the same way rebic is.

As a striker the thought of him linking with guys like leao, Theo, rebic and whoever we might bring in is scary. Just like how with rebic up top our play is more free flowing and open, nkunku is that but more goals.

See jota and mane signed as “wingers” but excelling anywhere at Liverpool including as basic strikers. Quality shines when you’re that good. I know that’s a lot lol but he is legit that good.
I appreciate your thoughtful response. I'll be honest: Nkunku gives me Werner vibes. I also worry that he tends to occupy a lot of the space and does a lot of the things that Leao does. If he can play as our RW, I'd be down, and I've seen him drift to the RW before, but he seems to really be a Red Bull-style attacker, and I don't like them.

He's a good player, but, I just think you have to ask where he would fit. And yes, right now, I would take Berardi (and I hate him), that's how bad our attack is right now, that doesn't mean we should get Berardi--and Nkunku is actually a good player unlike Berardi, I just think Nkunku doesn't fit what we do. When he played with Theo and Giroud for France, he looked pretty bad, but, that's one game. As far as Brahim goes, I've never been a fan of Brahim, even if I hoped he would make good on his potential.

However, your point about Jota and Mane is great. If Pioli and Maldini think they can do that with Nkunku, I'll trust them. I fear he excels in a particular system and I tend to distrust players who get hype, but also, I worry about buying players and then asking them to do something different to what made them stand out in the first place.

Last edited:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
3-4 years is a long time. If buying a 60-70 mil player mean you can get to the CL quarter finals straight away then you start making extra prize money, better sponsorships, other stuff straight away. Then once you get a really strong team you only have to do 1-2 good transfers a year to maintain it.

Another way to look at it is if you have a player who increases in value and is now worth 60-70 mil, if you don't think it's overpaying to pay 60-70 mil for a player you don't have, then you shouldn't reject a 60-70 mil bid for a player you do have! It's like saying why should Milan reject a 70 mil bid for Leao when can then use that money to buy 3 players who could each be worth 60-70 mil in 3-4 years?!!

Obviously the player you already have is less of risk then the player who could come in and fail. Also some clubs like Liverpool are using data analysis to reduce the chances of a expensive player failing. It seems Milan also use data analysis in their transfers.
now your real argument is out. long term vs short term. not so much if possible at all.
3-4 years is long? to cook an egg, yes...not to build a team.
we're already about 3 years in this project and the progress has been great and will be even better in 3-4 years if it continues... there is absolutely nothing that'll stop us if we're committed to the model...we'll eventually have some ups and downs, but not more than those spending 70m a player

buying 60-70mil players doesn't mean CL 1/4 final straight away. but yes Buying fitting players using good scouting (using stats as you say) can guarantee it in the long term... which is what we are doing... and if you're doing that, then you can certainly find those 60-70m players before they become it...again, back to the real issue, long term v short term ... not player price.

Another way to look at it is if you have a player who increases in value and is now worth 60-70 mil, if you don't think it's overpaying to pay 60-70 mil for a player you don't have, then you shouldn't reject a 60-70 mil bid for a player you do have! It's like saying why should Milan reject a 70 mil bid for Leao when can then use that money to buy 3 players who could each be worth 60-70 mil in 3-4 years?!!
this is somehow already answered in my first post

no big clubs that has the aura and money to hold on to their talents until maturity to reap the rewards has had the balls to commit to it...we could be the first.

Maybe Bayern CL winner 2012 -13 ... with players like Dante for less than 1m Lahm Muller Alaba kroos, Schweinstieger also purchased for a less than 1m but for the youth (except the last 1, for a few mil)... then there was low fee pick ups of Can, Van buyten , rafinha for less than 10m. Mandzukic for a little more...still.

their "expensive" signing would have been their two iconic star... 1 bought from Marseille (which is like us buying Renato or Botman) and the other was an undesirable at R.Madrid) ... so those tranfers we already do.

it's about comitting to the plan. there is no glass ceiling preventing from getting there...in 3-4 years holding to the core of these players while slowly adding more of the same (well scouted talented, fitting the system, with the right head on their shoulders) i don't know imaginary obstacle is there to stop it from being a top team.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sonic-hedgehog.gif

Me waiting for Wild to admit that he's wrong.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Anyone with a stream to the game?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What a season by Albiol.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@AntoVitiello: #RenatoSanches wants a salary of €6M, at the moment #ACMilan offers €4M / €4.5M
Isn't Vitiello the most reliable source on Milan? Damn. Renato is actually asking for 6m? Bro. Milan will renew you at 6m the next year if you earn it. Maybe if your hamstrings weren't made of glass noodles, they'd give you 6m.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Fuck Deulofodder...he already had his chance and blew it and one great season for a fodder club doesn't change that. We can do better.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
All yellow kit looks good, I would love that (or all gold or all black) for our third kit

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Paramount commentator calling openly for yellow carding Villarreal players

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Vitiello: Theo #Hernandez is the #Milan most used outfield player in all competitions. Always prolific and dangerous forward, but this season has grown on the defensive. Against Fiorentina it was the AC Milan player who recovered the most balls, as many as 9, with Kalulu
Literally the best player in the world

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Fuck Deulofodder...he already had his chance and blew it and one great season for a fodder club doesn't change that. We can do better.
Hes way better than diaz messias samu. We could have used him this season

As a rotational player on low wages hes great. Loves the club too

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
We are all blinded by the Nkunku and Darwin talk. I would love either one of them, but in the meantime I'm having nightmares about Saele, Messias and Samu playing on the right wing. Maldini is a miracle worker, but we need him to deliver a miracle on the right wing.
Don't worry, Paolo is no fool and realises that after gambling (and failing) @ AM + RW this season, guarantees are required for both positions next year. However, whether that comes in the form of Adli vs. Dybala or Berardi vs. Mahrez is anybody's guess. Regardless, both positions will definitely be upgraded next season.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not disputing that. I just want him to give Carlo his due.
Like expecting a ‘tard to put his underwear on right, friend. You can’t blame the tard, have to blame yourself for expecting anything.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Blatant penalty not given

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Liverpool actually bottling it.
Does everyone actually want Real/Man City to win the CL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule