Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Harder to beat a “superior team” over two legs than a one-off game IMO
Only if you can surprise that "superior team" from the offset.
Real have Villareal's number, and City will be forewarned if Villareal knock out Liverpool.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Oh - Liverpool "WC" fullbacks on that 2nd goal :proud:

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I feel like gold kits never look right. Gold accents can work, but when we had that gold kit... I thought that was one of the ugliest kits we've ever had. Why did it have a pocket on the chest like it was my grandpa's pajamas?

This would be a badass third kit:

s78aybp9tlw41.jpg

Maybe something with red and gold, something like the Venezia red kit

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm one of those who don't think there's anything wrong with our current policy of finding good value for money, and in some cases insane gold deals(like Kalulu). This policy should continue, but the reason for buying top shelf is instant effect. So what I propose if we have the purse for it, is to make one or maybe two instantaneous hits each summer that is perfectly measured up for our needs in a current position(i.e. Mahrez), or someone who would take the attack to the next level.

In the meantime we keep uncovering gems and signing top talent that we've scouted.

If we have ambitions of #8 we need ready stars from the outside, on top of those we're growing inhouse.

That's not throwing our known strategy out with the bathwater, but it's enhancing and adjusting it for higher ambition purposes.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Paramount panel is disgusting. Besides Jamie they have no affiliation to Liverpool and they are behaving like someone died due to pool being 2-2

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Personally I would rather either of tonight's teams than Real Madrid or City, but also I don't care that much once Milan is out

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh - Liverpool "WC" fullbacks on that 2nd goal :proud:
That was laughable defending. I keep hearing excuses who say "you have to understand the role he plays for Liverpool." Excuses from people who should know better, because, yes, Trent does have a nontraditional RB role. But he's still a RB, like, he is still expected to do defensive stuff from time to time. And he is constantly found wanting.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
That was laughable defending. I keep hearing excuses who say "you have to understand the role he plays for Liverpool." Excuses from people who should know better, because, yes, Trent does have a nontraditional RB role. But he's still a RB, like, he is still expected to do defensive stuff from time to time. And he is constantly found wanting.
Man, you replace Robertson's nonchalance as Theo and Trent getting used with Calabria and RnB would be destroying them for weeks

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With an enhanced transfer budget following the takeover, I can see Milan signing top young talent in Brazil e.g. GJ + Vinicius for 40m.

Vinicius cost 40 mil and it took 2-3 years for him to become really good. Reinier cost 35 mil and he's sitting on the bench on loan.

Right now it seems that European talents like Luka Sucic, Olmo ( 2 years ago ), Szoboszlai (1-2 years ago ) are cheaper. Then there are other European based players that are between talent and fully developed like Ekitike, De Ketelaere, Hamad Traore, Amine Gouiri, Noa Lang. It seems the European market is better right now for Europe based clubs.

Plus it's difficult to see Milan spending 40 mil on a player who could take 2-3 years to develop when some current starters in the team aren't even worth 20 mil!!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Signing sms from lazio after winning the scudetto reminds me of signing jaap Stam from lazio after winning the scudetto

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Im 99.999% sure Jube will take Sms if they want. Thats just fantamercato. Milan took Sanchez, thats it.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you havent notice i dont have a problem anymore with Carlo.
But did you admit that Carlo failed at PSG , Bayern , Chelsea & recently Everton ?
Lol. I love Carlo, he's had failures, for sure. When did I deny that? I just don't think Pep is the GOAT. Don't think you should bring up Bayern, btw. Also, Everton? Have you seen what's happened to them since he left? If anything, Everton and Real show you how much class Carlo has.

When it comes to the best managers of all time, I don't have like, a Pele-Maradona or whatever in my mind. I just don't think Pep is overrated when people say he's the greatest.

I also think that people forget what Lippi, Trap, Rinus Michels, Sacchi, Happel, and Lobanovskyi have done. Mourinho doesn't get there because I think he was a defensive merchant who could not change his approach. Capello gets underrated because of his time with England, unfortunately.

I think Carlo deserves to be in that conversation, same level as Pep, to be honest, I just don't think Pep has done anything revolutionary. That's all.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He isnt goat & for sure is lower than Capello , Pep & Klopp.
Other than that its all banter.
You rank Carlo lower than Klopp? You know what? I gotta listen to my 4-year-old niece and...

let-it-go-frozen.gif

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
I don't want him to leave this summer, even if there's an argument to be made for it. He is such a big occasion player, and the way he was firing everyone else up vs Viola and scaring the living shit out of Torreira among others, is just the kind of presence we need when building a new winning team.

Does anyone know how his medical status is measuring up in terms of his future? Three straight seasons with injury issues, the most this season. Is he climbing over the top or is this just who he is as a player? He's had an incredibly diverse injury history...

Maybe @namorov knows. :D
Looking at his history - he had knee problems, ankle problems, muscle issues, back pains he is falling apart, looks like one of those players with falsified birth date... Maybe he's really 38, not 28 :ROFLMAO:

Sorry my "expertise" extends mostly to ACLs and related knee problems and comes from my own struggles with injuries, so in this case i can only offer a joke ;)

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Vinicius cost 40 mil and it took 2-3 years for him to become really good. Reinier cost 35 mil and he's sitting on the bench on loan.

Right now it seems that European talents like Luka Sucic, Olmo ( 2 years ago ), Szoboszlai (1-2 years ago ) are cheaper. Then there are other European based players that are between talent and fully developed like Ekitike, De Ketelaere, Hamad Traore, Amine Gouiri, Noa Lang. It seems the European market is better right now for Europe based clubs.

Plus it's difficult to see Milan spending 40 mil on a player who could take 2-3 years to develop when some current starters in the team aren't even worth 20 mil!!
GJ hit the ground running and was able to make an impact during his first season at City so every player is different. However, my point is that Milan will be in a position to compete for the best young talents globally following the takeover i.e. spending 40m IF required.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Turn the dial up

Damn

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i was about to rebut with Luca Hernadez 80m Theo 20m, the 60m gap shows big on the field ...but i guess we have said all we had to say.

i believe in a long term plan. sticking to the plan. keeping your core. keep adding through excellent scouting....i'm overjoyed that's the route we're on right now...i believe if Maldini stay, we'll continue that way. i'm happy.

I also like quite the current strategy just a bit enhanced! With maybe 1 or 2 bigger names like Darwin or Nkunku. And with current strategy "enhanced" Milan maybe wouldn't have missed out on players like Olmo and Szoboszlai.

What I'm thinking is Botman, Sanchez and Origi seem almost done, then maybe 1 or 2 bigger names in attack like Darwin / Nkunku and then 1-3 players that Milan can develop like Luka Sucic / Asslani / Hamad Traore / De Ketelaere.....

This gives you a team ready from the start and also gets better as the young players develop. It has a chance get to the QF of the CL straight away.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man, you replace Robertson's nonchalance as Theo and Trent getting used with Calabria and RnB would be destroying them for weeks
Calabria puts a few passes wrong, even though he's still a rock defensively, and suddenly he's on the agenda. I would like to see Calabria play when he has a RW in front of him who can threaten our opponents, the poor kid lacks pace, yes, but he has to clean up messes from that side constantly.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I swear to God, Wild, if City don't beat Liverpool in the CL final...

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Calabria puts a few passes wrong, even though he's still a rock defensively, and suddenly he's on the agenda. I would like to see Calabria play when he has a RW in front of him who can threaten our opponents, the poor kid lacks pace, yes, but he has to clean up messes from that side constantly.

Yeah I don't think he gets enough credit for our defensive record. They've all had mistakes but he, Kalulu, Tomori and Theo have all been incredibly solid in defence and they're all putting in insane effort every match. And I can remember very few goals that were directly caused by Davide making an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule