The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Real bought Camavinga for $30m when he was 18. There was absolutely no guarantee that he would make it and spending that much amount of cash on a 18 yr old is a massive gamble, something Madrid can do but we cant. Not to mention, they already had a host of WC midfielders at their disposal already.

SMS is already one of the top midfielders in the league and more of a guarantee, despite what you want to tell yourself. So yeah, 65m for a ready made top midfielder is actually pretty standard these days by current market standards.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I'm of the opinion that every transfer is a gamble. And 30m is a lot for a 18-year-old, you're right. Whether we can or not, I don't know, I think Milan has spending power, now, let alone if we get taken over by Investcorp. I agree with your other post that we need 4 CMs, so even if we bring in Renato, I think one more would be important. I have hopes that Pobega can make a jump in his development, because the last two years, he's really improved. I suspect you don't believe in him, but I think he's shown quality to take a chance. Renato's injury record is worrisome, no doubt.

SMS is a guarantee of mediocrity. SMS has been found wanting every time he has played against us. I've watched him in the EL, he looks ordinary. I've watched games of him, just to try to understand why there were 100m price tags on him. He is... good? Like, yeah, good, cool. But 65m good? 65m is more than Liverpool paid for Fabinho. It's around the price City paid for Rodri. They are elite. If I'm paying 65m for a CM I expect elite. SMS is not that.

I'd rather pay Pogba's wages for 3 years with him coming on a free than SMS for 65m plus whatever salary he'd want.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
yeah sports "journalism" is a joke but Vitiello is pretty close to Milan, the closest thing the club has to a mouthpiece
i wouldn't call any journalist a mouthpiece for the club...whether he specialize on Milan, therefore could get an accuracy rate a bit above the others on Milan Matters is something else.

the way this club works right now, if he had started to predict many things with accuracy, they'd look for him to break his legs with a hammer...let alone give him info to divulge.

Re-evaluation of sponsors...seems like a logical thing that we're all expecting

"there is someone behind the company that wants to buy the club" what interest the club has to have that spread. it serves no purpose.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think SMS has the highest totals of goal and assist in Europe of any midfielder or something like that(might be non CAMs).

Signing him could be like when Juve signed pjanic. I know we get nervous but the grass is not always greener outside of serie a. He would be a great addition and would not get in the way of signing Renato. I am fully serious that I can’t think of a better player suited to our CAM role than him, not one that I think would be available.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I'm of the opinion that every transfer is a gamble. And 30m is a lot for a 18-year-old, you're right. Whether we can or not, I don't know, I think Milan has spending power, now, let alone if we get taken over by Investcorp. I agree with your other post that we need 4 CMs, so even if we bring in Renato, I think one more would be important. I have hopes that Pobega can make a jump in his development, because the last two years, he's really improved. I suspect you don't believe in him, but I think he's shown quality to take a chance. Renato's injury record is worrisome, no doubt.

SMS is a guarantee of mediocrity. SMS has been found wanting every time he has played against us. I've watched him in the EL, he looks ordinary. I've watched games of him, just to try to understand why there were 100m price tags on him. He is... good? Like, yeah, good, cool. But 65m good? 65m is more than Liverpool paid for Fabinho. It's around the price City paid for Rodri. They are elite. If I'm paying 65m for a CM I expect elite. SMS is not that.

I'd rather pay Pogba's wages for 3 years with him coming on a free than SMS for 65m plus whatever salary he'd want.
youre allowed to have an expensive cam that gets 10g/10a a season (191cm) when you have oil money
i would even say you are obligated to buy one

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think SMS has the highest totals of goal and assist in Europe of any midfielder or something like that(might be non CAMs).

Signing him could be like when Juve signed pjanic. I know we get nervous but the grass is not always greener outside of serie a. He would be a great addition and would not get in the way of signing Renato. I am fully serious that I can’t think of a better player suited to our CAM role than him, not one that I think would be available.
yacine-adli-adli-milan.gif

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
looks like after 6 fucking years, my wife's brain tumor is dead. Doctors said there is no more blood being fed into tumor. Now that I've finally gotten good news, I am moving to Europe. Gonna go watch my boys live in Milano

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
looks like after 6 fucking years, my wife's brain tumor is dead. Doctors said there is no more blood being fed into tumor. Now that I've finally gotten good news, I am moving to Europe. Gonna go watch my boys live in Milano
giphy.gif

I'm so happy to hear that! Wonderful news!

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lazio at their peak under inzaghi got close to the top of the table multiple times to be always let down by no depth and lack of quality in certain positions, they’d burn out and be let down by half the team which is bums.

We don’t need to overthink it with SMS. He would probably be playing higher up at another club but he works hard to accommodate the team at lazio. He’s had some bad games but I’ve seen him really turn up vs inter and Juve amongst others over the years. He is a very good player for sure

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Its not that we’re suddenly hot market, but rather Elliot is finally listening to offers. Like i said when Investcorp news broke, Elliot is at the end of their cycle. This is the perfect time for them to sell, as they wont post better numbers for awhile.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I had a dream that we tied Hellas Verona, i need a spiritual person to cleanse my vision.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Unlike some here who flat out say adli isn’t ready, he very well could be. But it’s a could. I would not be surprised to see Adli take the role by the balls and excel. But if he needs a year or so to grow I don’t want to be let down by having no other options for CAM.
I think every transfer is a "could." Adli might need a Tonali year, that's true, but if you expand your horizon past just next year, if Adli takes a year, and then blossoms, isn't that the better choice than 65m on SMS?

I think the potential purchase of Renato gives us the option to rotate Adli out, because Renato can truly play as a pure CM, he does it for Lille all the time, but I've seen him play RW, I've seen him play as a CAM, he really is that versatile. Injuries are a worry with Renato, there's no question. I think we need another CM, maybe that's Pobega? It will probably be some random player from the Romanian 2nd division who is from Mongolia.

Whenever I look at the price of a player, I always compare what the price of that player could get me. I don't think SMS is worth 65m. I'd honestly rather pay Pogba that in salary for 3 years, it'd be cheaper, and he's better.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Unlike some here who flat out say adli isn’t ready, he very well could be. But it’s a could. I would not be surprised to see Adli take the role by the balls and excel. But if he needs a year or so to grow I don’t want to be let down by having no other options for CAM.
both. he'll slot in and be functional, offer what we need and are missing this season, passing and vision, providing the front players with enough chances...and that would be his "seasoon to grow" ... the following season, the league will be on it's knee, worshiping him

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva

Five years ago I believed none of this would be sustainable but here we are as these clubs are doing the same shit, only worse. True or not, these figures are not that unrealistic.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
youre allowed to have an expensive cam that gets 10g/10a a season (191cm) when you have oil money
i would even say you are obligated to buy one
There's a difference between spending money and wasting money.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
We need a quality CM, quality RW and a quality CF at the least. That's 100 million right there. Add 30 million for Botman and a few millions for a fifth CB and a backup LB. That's a lot of money folks.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think every transfer is a "could." Adli might need a Tonali year, that's true, but if you expand your horizon past just next year, if Adli takes a year, and then blossoms, isn't that the better choice than 65m on SMS?

I think the potential purchase of Renato gives us the option to rotate Adli out, because Renato can truly play as a pure CM, he does it for Lille all the time, but I've seen him play RW, I've seen him play as a CAM, he really is that versatile. Injuries are a worry with Renato, there's no question. I think we need another CM, maybe that's Pobega? It will probably be some random player from the Romanian 2nd division who is from Mongolia.

Whenever I look at the price of a player, I always compare what the price of that player could get me. I don't think SMS is worth 65m. I'd honestly rather pay Pogba that in salary for 3 years, it'd be cheaper, and he's better.
Pogba is not coming here.

Also I don’t think it’s Renato or SMS. I think adli and Renato are coming most likely no matter what. SMS is upgrade to starting CAM role. And yeah every transfer is a could but there is definitely levels to that. SMS is a player who is well know to do well in Italy. IF I thought we could get a player for CAM than him I’d be for it. Most of the best ones are taken. If we really have this spending power I see him as a great buy.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Incredible news, congratulations to you both

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni

That's more important than anything else. I'm happy for your wife. Dealing with a tumor is a battle of a lifetime. But it's also hard for the surrounding loved ones. May you enjoy the upcoming Scudetto with extra pleasure.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I feel that the DNA of AC Milan runs through Tonali's veins. He's not just a fan of this club that happened to become one of it's players. He is AC Milan. I love many players in the current squad for different reasons, but I love Tonali on another level. He will be our talisman. Our leader. He will be become a bandiera.

GoldenChildTonali.jpg

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only if they lose to Salernitana this weekend and Salernitana win their next match after that as well.
Salernitana got 13 out of their last 15 points. They only dropped points away to Atalanta. They're on crazy hot form.

Its not that we’re suddenly hot market, but rather Elliot is finally listening to offers. Like i said when Investcorp news broke, Elliot is at the end of their cycle. This is the perfect time for them to sell, as they wont post better numbers for awhile.

I don't agree. Another couple of seasons, some real progress on the stadium front and the club would be worth a lot more. Either they felt the accelerated success meant they can exit early and move on to other opportunities, or they feel the stadium isn't worth the hassle anymore. But the exit is very early and surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule