The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Read on a SempreMilan article that we scored 40 goals and conceded 22 in first 19 games when we were playing high intensity football.. but after the injury crisis, we now play a more defensive game.. goals have dried up, we concede way less and less injuries..
I think a fit Rebic will definitely help with a return to high press football.. and hopefully more goals

This is how i see it too. The way we play has changed alot comparatively to the beginning of this season or previous seasons. And i think thats also why alot of our attacking players are struggling as well.

But at the same time its somewhat hard to blame Pioli if it was caused by injuries, and if anything its still getting us far leading the title race. But I do hope we go back to the way we used to play next season.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Carlo. Cemented this year.

Pep has puked blood in the CL ever since Xavi/Iniesta/Messi won it for him, and he's had a carte blanche budget.
Carlo won 1 domestic championship with Milan while having one of the most the most talented squads ever assembled.

Carlo has won 3 CL trophies, Pep has 2

In 21 full top flight seasons (+ several half season’s due to sackings and mid season appointments) Carlo has managed to win 5 league titles.

In Pep’s 12 seasons managing in Europe’s top flight he has won 9 league titles (10 of 13 if he wins this current one)

Pep has had prime conditions but delivered almost every time. Carlo has had some equally gifted teams and disappointed.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cheers

This extract from the football-italia article gives me hope:

Elliott are reportedly demanding that any takeover leave AC Milan with zero debts tied to the acquisition.

Another issue favouring the new entries into this race is that they have a large portfolio of sports clubs including Liverpool FC.

Their history is of increasing value and running clubs without racking up debts.

Having balanced the books so successfully, Elliott are determined to sell Milan only to someone who will continue that approach.

This would be preferred. It was a nice 2 weeks of dreaming big. Lets see what happens, but i rather we stick to our current approach. New owner would just mean some cash flow, which Elliot seem to be avoiding recently.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Carlo won 1 domestic championship with Milan while having one of the most the most talented squads ever assembled.

In 21 full top flight seasons (+ several half season’s due to sackings and mid season appointments) Carlo has managed to win 5 league titles.

In Pep’s 12 seasons managing in Europe’s top flight he has won 9 league titles (10 of 13 if he wins this current one)

Pep has had prime conditions but delivered almost every time. Carlo has had some equally gifted teams and disappointed.
Cheers11.gif

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So Pep in twelve years has managed to won much more than Carlo in twenty one years ?!
Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cheers

Elliott are reportedly demanding that any takeover leave AC Milan with zero debts tied to the acquisition.

Another issue favouring the new entries into this race is that they have a large portfolio of sports clubs including Liverpool FC.

Their history is of increasing value and running clubs without racking up debts.

Having balanced the books so successfully, Elliott are determined to sell Milan only to someone who will continue that approach.
Who would have thought a vulture fund would save us and be our guardian angel.

Strange times....

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Carlo's years in charge of teams capable of winning the league

Juventus - 2 years
Milan - 8 years
Chelsea - 2 years
Real - 3 years
PSG - 1.5 years
Bayern - 1.5 years
Napoli - 1.5 years

He underachieved at Juve.

8 years at Milan- 2001-02 he took over a team in shambles. He got them in order for 2002-03 CL win and won 2004 Serie A.
2005 and 2006 were rigged by Calciopoli.
2007 we had 8 point penalty and Galliani did not replace Sheva.
2008 and 2009 Inter had the better team. Still he should have finished atleast 2nd though.

He won the double at Chelsea and finished second in the following season.
He won leagues in France and Germany when afforded a full season.

At Real, this season he has overachieved with an aged midfield. 2015 he scored 92 points only to lose to MSN.

This narrative that he underperforms in the league is bit exaggerated. He got that brand i think with the failure at Juve and then winning the cup double in 2003.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who would have thought a vulture fund would save us and be our guardian angel.

Strange times....
Yeah that went out to be much better than we expected , much much better.
But Maldini also deserve credit & he for sure bypassed all of my expectations.
I honestly didnt think of him as ruthless & as talented.
He hit the ground running as a SD despite few mistakes here n there.

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
I legit dreamt that Rebic scored inside 3 mins against Verona, you know the type of dreams were you think it's real? Then I woke up. Hopefully this was a premonition and leads us to victory.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Read on a SempreMilan article that we scored 40 goals and conceded 22 in first 19 games when we were playing high intensity football.. but after the injury crisis, we now play a more defensive game.. goals have dried up, we concede way less and less injuries..
I think a fit Rebic will definitely help with a return to high press football.. and hopefully more goals

Scored 40 goals and conceded 22 in first 19 games.

Scored 21 goals and conceded 8 in the last 16 games.

We’ve definitely played more defensively. We dont even push our defenders up that high to cause numerical advantage. For example in the last 14 league games Theo only has 1 assist, Calabria 2 assists, and Kalulu 1 assist 1 goal. Matter of fact every attacker bar Leao has struggled since.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cheers

I think you'd have to be pretty naïve to believe that Elliott care about what happens to Milan after they leave. This is about what they're getting from the potential investors. Seems like Investcorp aren't giving them the cash up front that they want. It has nothing to do with Milan post-Elliott.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
A truly great coach should produce results that are exceeding the expectations of the squad given to him. Like the output should be more than sum of the parts, the team should be better than the squad.. that is where a coach adds value.

Carlo overachieved with 2007 UCL and current Real.
Klopp did it with Dortmund 2010-13.
Mourinho in 2004, 2010 and 2012.
Pep gets the best out of what is given to him. He has never managed to get results beyond the ability of the squad given to him.

Edit- Pep is a great coach.. just not the greatest.
I don't think there are any candidates for a GOAT coach.
Pep probably has the best case if he can win a trophy where he is not the favourite.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A truly great coach should produce results that are exceeding the expectations of the squad given to him. Like the output should be more than sum of the parts, the team should be better than the squad.. that is where a coach adds value.

Carlo overachieved with 2007 UCL and current Real.
Klopp did it with Dortmund 2010-13.
Mourinho in 2004, 2010 and 2012.
Pep gets the best out of what is given to him. He has never managed to get results beyond the ability of the squad given to him.
:PThinking::sip::sipioli:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Carlo's Milan > Pep's Barca & yet Pep dominated europe for four years like no one ever did while Carlo underachieved.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think you'd have to be pretty naïve to believe that Elliott care about what happens to Milan after they leave. This is about what they're getting from the potential investors. Seems like Investcorp aren't giving them the cash up front that they want. It has nothing to do with Milan post-Elliott.
They won't give two shits about us after they're out, but isn't it in their self interest to leave such a visible brand responsibly taken care of?

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Carlo's Milan > Pep's Barca & yet Pep dominated europe for four years like no one ever did while Carlo underachieved.
True. What Pep did is remarkable.. winning 2 trebles is phenomenal.
But the question mark will remain if he can succeed with a smaller budget.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

By this argument Zidane would be the best coach in the world.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually yes.. I purposefully excluded his example because then people will focus on that and will misquote me to be saying Pioli > Pep.
Really want Pioli to win Scudetto to get the recognition he deserves.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People just dont realize how enormous that Pep won 14 cups within four years with Barca.
How much did that squad cost ?
Coaches had the same squad before him & after him & yet not even a portion of that dominance.
That period alone & the innovative approach that Pep presented is enough to crown him a strong candidate for GOAT.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
True. What Pep did is remarkable.. winning 2 trebles is phenomenal.
But the question mark will remain if he can succeed with a smaller budget.
When was that an issue ?!
After some years all what matters is how many trophy a coach managed to win.
For some more expert fans it will be if the coach was innovative or just a classic manager.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When was that an issue ?!
After some years all what matters is how many trophy a coach managed to win.
For some more expert fan it will be if the coach was innovative or just a classic manager.
If Carlo wins the CL for a fourth time now, will that do anything with your perception of him? If he bests Klopp too?

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ancelotti is definitely in my top 5. Its hard to make a case for him at number 1, as he doesnt have the cleanest record. But he should get more recognition for his longevity, I think many of us werent expecting much when he took the Madrid job this season.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule