General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Redbird are not some super rich guys. Their worth is around 6 bn. This is times less than Elliott or InvestCorp. I am not excited at all.

What's this obsession with personal wealth? No c'mon this narrative has to stop, seriously 😅.

The personal wealth of our owners has little to nothing to do with Milans spending power. It's about knowing how to raise revenue through (fake) sponsorship deals. And even that - not by 20 Billion. Not by 10 Billion. Not by 1 Billion. We're talking about one, two or three hundred millions, max (in terms of our revenue in general, not sponsorship deals) to become more than competitive enough internationally.

Redbird seems to be well connected in the sport business and entertainment business in general. That's at least what they say about that group which has been very actively investing and networking in the past few years. That's a huge upside compared to Investcorp. Investcorps deal on the other hand seems to be more about real estate. What they do is borrowing money to buy real estate, then invest their own money to build up the value of that real estate, and then sell it on a profit. I won't pretend I'm knowledgeable enough to know which model suits us better right now. I don't even know how their success with Gucci plays into this. However I dare to say no one here really knows enough to be that judgy.

But when you read articles from IL Sole 24 Ore (I remember them being one of the best sources concerning financial aspects back when Silvio sold us to that fraud) and others writing how Investcorp struggles to assamble the money needed and provide the requested guarantees on their loans, why would you think they'd be able to push fake sponsorship deals like your usual GdS and other trashy newsoutled wants you to believe?

Right now people blindly bought the hype generated by GdS and other sources despite some knowledgeable guys here like Samaldinho or brk inviting you not to buy it that quickly. Now that they're telling us we may be confronted with another Yonghong Li situation (we'll, probably not that exactly same situation), you're suddenly rooting for them like we didn't learn anything from the past?

If the deal with Investcorp actually collapses because of the rumored reasons I'll gladly take the less risky, less sexy Redbird route. We've already seen how Elliott transformed the club. If it's on Redbird to close the deal, it only means they are actually more solid than Investcorp, not vice-versa. Heck, they're even offering less than Investcorp. The only reason for Elliott to pass on Investcorp is that Elliott strongly doubts Investcorp being able to backup that offer. And if Investcorp can't do even that, they surely won't get us the 300M mercato people are dreaming about.

Last edited:

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Just popping in to say that.... Milan now have the best defensive record in the league...
:kalulu2:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look i like our project and am still fairly optimistic if Elliott stays or new owners continue the project exactly the same way (with the same people in charge). But let's not pretend there aren't things that could be better idealistically.

Having the same project continue with an extra budget would accelerate the process and give more certainties. The club has a long way to go if it wants to get back competing for the CL & the days were doing well in Italy means knocking on the door in the CL are gone. A more aggressive investment style by new owners would minimize the risk of struggling with renewals and losing someone like Leao & ending up with a hole on the RW for years as we have.

There also other ways to show ambition. New owners could build a bigger stadium than 60k owned by Milan and not shared with Inter & significantly invest more into the youth system than Elliott has (better primavera, u23 team in Serie C, better infrastructure).

I hear you, but right now no one really knows about the solidity of Investcorp. Some of our usual shitty sources spreaders the word of a 300M mercato, stadium without Inter, Man City owner, fake sponsorship deals, and and and.

Now it seems they can't even provide the guarantees requested from Elliott concerning their loans. That's not encouraging at all and doesn't tell you that they are as solid as we are supposed to believe.

I'm not saying Investcorp is shit and Redbird is perfect. But something is fishy. I guess we'll know about the solidity of Investcorp when the takeover is completed - or we'll, when it's not.

We need to get away from Elliot. Their obsession with cost, wages and amortisation ll get us nowhere long term honestly. [...]

I've heared that before. Three years ago, actually. And then we got into CL and at the verge of winning the title, or at least finish 2nd two times in a row.

Why would we need to get away from them so desperately this close before our biggest success in 10 years?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need to get away from Elliot. Their obsession with cost, wages and amortisation ll get us nowhere long term honestly. I get thats their way to make us attractive for sale but thx for everythinh but its time to move on. Imagine having to sell Leao cause they set limit at 4.5 or 5. We re paying trash like Samu, salad, bakayoki millions but u cant pay one of tour best players lets say 6.

I hope we wont have situations like kessie again. Instead to renew witj kessie for 5 or whatever we re losing 45M player for free. Maybe hes not worth that. But later u can sell him for 35 to united after good season. Tell his agent ro fk off, he ll find buyer. We re spending 50 plus wages on botman and sanchez. And u re giving Sanchez 5 and he might be flop. How about renew kessie for time being, buy Schaw from Schalke for 8M and spend 50 on Sms or Bernardo Silva.
U upgraded squad like that and u re not making 1 step forward 2 back.

From sales we ll get 25 to 30 minimum so far. Buy rw for 30,40. Etc.

Either way we need new owner who ll invest to grow value. And i fkin loath Niples s able to spend 70 on Osimhen and we re not.
1651944282368.jpeg

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Great pics lol

Small possibility of Chelsea missing out given Spurs doesn't choke. Better to have Arsenal and Spurs in UCL than Chelsea.. EPL contingent will be weaker if Chelsea is out.

Rangnick losing again right now :lol:

Edit : no chance for Spurs.. saw their remaining fixture list

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hear you, but right now no one really knows about the solidity of Investcorp. Some of our usual shitty sources spreaders the word of a 300M mercato, stadium without Inter, Man City owner, fake sponsorship deals, and and and.

Now it seems they can't even provide the guarantees requested from Elliott concerning their loans. That's not encouraging at all and doesn't tell you that they are as solid as we are supposed to believe.

I'm not saying Investcorp is shit and Redbird is perfect. But something is fishy. I guess we'll know about the solidity of Investcorp when the takeover is completed - or we'll, when it's not.

I've heared that before. Three years ago, actually. And then we got into CL and at the verge of winning the title, or at least finish 2nd two times in a row.

Why would we need to get away from them so desperately this close before our biggest success in 10 years?
Because they didn’t break the transfer record and still haven’t renewed Leao. Duh.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
And if Investcorp can't do even that, they surely won't get us the 300M mercato people are dreaming about.
Noone in their right mind ever thought this was gonna happen.

The notion was: Investcorp is a company led by Arabs - ManCity and PSG are owned by Arabs - ManCity and PSG spend bucketloads on player transfers thus Investcorp will do the same.

It’s like thinking every Russian owner of a football club will spend similar to what Abramovic has spent at Chelsea.

The truth is that unless we’re linked with a sale to a sovereign human right violating state we’ll have no idea how much any potential owner will be willing to invest in the transfer market.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Noone in their right mind ever thought this was gonna happen.

The notion was: Investcorp is a company led by Arabs - ManCity and PSG are owned by Arabs - ManCity and PSG spend bucketloads on player transfers thus Investcorp will do the same.

It’s like thinking every Russian owner of a football club will spend similar to what Abramovic has spent at Chelsea.

The truth is that unless we’re linked with a sale to a sovereign human right violating state we’ll have no idea how much any potential owner will be willing to invest in the transfer market.
You still didnt tell us if its gonna be 300mil budget this year only or each year ?

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
We need to get away from Elliot. Their obsession with cost, wages and amortisation ll get us nowhere long term honestly. I get thats their way to make us attractive for sale but thx for everythinh but its time to move on. Imagine having to sell Leao cause they set limit at 4.5 or 5. We re paying trash like Samu, salad, bakayoki millions but u cant pay one of tour best players lets say 6.

I hope we wont have situations like kessie again. Instead to renew witj kessie for 5 or whatever we re losing 45M player for free. Maybe hes not worth that. But later u can sell him for 35 to united after good season. Tell his agent ro fk off, he ll find buyer. We re spending 50 plus wages on botman and sanchez. And u re giving Sanchez 5 and he might be flop. How about renew kessie for time being, buy Schaw from Schalke for 8M and spend 50 on Sms or Bernardo Silva.
U upgraded squad like that and u re not making 1 step forward 2 back.

From sales we ll get 25 to 30 minimum so far. Buy rw for 30,40. Etc.

Either way we need new owner who ll invest to grow value. And i fkin loath Niples s able to spend 70 on Osimhen and we re not.

better than sticking with a washed up Silvio B or other chop shop investors

the gall you have with shitting on the framework that has us a cunt hair away from the league title on a fraction of the cost vs direct competitors

don’t come to the scudetto celebration

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
villian was the Nikka who shit on leao literally 2 min before he put us up 1-0 last week

so there’s that

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Carlo Festa: From my point of view, the Milan fans have to hope for Investcorp. Indeed, Investcorp is on offer where there are important investors behind it. Everything else looks like hot air to me

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
villian was the Nikka who shit on leao literally 2 min before he put us up 1-0 last week

so there’s that
Hes a real.. villain

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's this obsession with personal wealth? No c'mon this narrative has to stop, seriously 😅.

The personal wealth of our owners has little to nothing to do with Milans spending power. It's about knowing how to raise revenue through (fake) sponsorship deals. And even that - not by 20 Billion. Not by 10 Billion. Not by 1 Billion. We're talking about one, two or three hundred millions, max (in terms of our revenue in general, not sponsorship deals) to become more than competitive enough internationally.

Redbird seems to be well connected in the sport business and entertainment business in general. That's at least what they say about that group which has been very actively investing and networking in the past few years. That's a huge upside compared to Investcorp. Investcorps deal on the other hand seems to be more about real estate. What they do is borrowing money to buy real estate, then invest their own money to build up the value of that real estate, and then sell it on a profit. I won't pretend I'm knowledgeable enough to know which model suits us better right now. I don't even know how their success with Gucci plays into this. However I dare to say no one here really knows enough to be that judgy.

But when you read articles from IL Sole 24 Ore (I remember them being one of the best sources concerning financial aspects back when Silvio sold us to that fraud) and others writing how Investcorp struggles to assamble the money needed and provide the requested guarantees on their loans, why would you think they'd be able to push fake sponsorship deals like your usual GdS and other trashy newsoutled wants you to believe?

Right now people blindly bought the hype generated by GdS and other sources despite some knowledgeable guys here like Samaldinho or brk inviting you not to buy it that quickly. Now that they're telling us we may be confronted with another Yonghong Li situation (we'll, probably not that exactly same situation), you're suddenly rooting for them like we didn't learn anything from the past?

If the deal with Investcorp actually collapses because of the rumored reasons I'll gladly take the less risky, less sexy Redbird route. We've already seen how Elliott transformed the club. If it's on Redbird to close the deal, it only means they are actually more solid than Investcorp, not vice-versa. Heck, they're even offering less than Investcorp. The only reason for Elliott to pass on Investcorp is that Elliott strongly doubts Investcorp being able to backup that offer. And if Investcorp can't do even that, they surely won't get us the 300M mercato people are dreaming about.

Fake sponsorship deals are deals that are padded by the owners of the club. If a company owned by the club owner is paying 40 mil extra for a sponsorship then that's money coming out of the owners pocket. Then you have cases like Juventus where Exor ( holding company ) who own Juventus are the biggest shareholders of Fiat but they own less than 20% of Fiat. So if the Fiat sponsorship ( Jeep ) is 30 million more than it should be, then Exor only loses maybe 20% of 30 mil which is only 6 mil per year! The rest is put on all the other shareholders of Fiat! Then Exor itself has a 52% ownership by a holding company called Giovanni Agnelli B.V. (the Agnelli family holding company). So the cost to the Agnelli family is then half of that 6 million!!

There are many ways to do fake sponsorships but some the extra money has to be paid by the club owner. The PSG owner could be paying 150-200 a year to pad the sponsorships. An owner worth $4 billion is not going to put in $200 million of his own money every year. At the same time Juve owners have found a way to pad the books while still only paying a small of the part of the padded amount themselves.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I don't know much about Ragnick....but the little bit I do isn't very good. Getting ass blasted by Brighton isn ideal 🧐

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
ratnick apologists hiding these days:ibralol:

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
I can see juve go down the utd path with Allegri. They're both terribly assembled and coached teams

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think a lot of it is just due to quality. Brahim and Messias just aren’t good enough. We can have the best tactics in the world, but ultimately Brahim can’t execute a 5m pass, and Messias can’t ever do anything dangerous.

This is a Top 4 team that is being carried to the title by world class defensive performances from Maignan, Kalulu, Theo, and Tomori.

Sure quality is part of it, but we’ve changed the the way we play too. And that benefits our defense. When you dont push you fullbacks that high, or when you start 3 dms in your midfield, youre bound to concede less goals.

But props to Pioli, it shows he can play ugly if he has too. Even its less satisfying to watch.

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
Great goal by Darwin Nunez against Porto but unfortunately disallowed by VAR.

But the way he scored it was a pure striker's goal. Took the ball down from a long pass with his first touch, evaded a defender, and then slotted it home with a clinical finish.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Sure quality is part of it, but we’ve changed the the way we play too. And that benefits our defense. When you dont push you fullbacks that high, or when you start 3 dms in your midfield, youre bound to concede less goals.

But props to Pioli, it shows he can play ugly if he has too. Even its less satisfying to watch.
Dude , we dont play ugly.
We play ineffective because we dont have enough attacking quality.
We attack a lot but we dont know how to finish.
You acting like teams are dominating us & we are playing ugly defensive when its the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule