The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They’ve gained invaluable experience being in this position for 2 full seasons now, Maignan having done so with Lille. 2 pressure packed seasons will turn all of these kids into absolute pros. And if they manage to win this Scudetto and Milan continues doing what it has done in the transfer market….

I mean… we are watching the development of the next grande Milan like like I said a few months ago. There’s no limit on what this squad can accomplish if it sticks together.
If Adli hits the ground running his first year, with a strong RW, even with Origi, we can make a deep CL run depending on the draw.

If we get a developmental RW and Adli takes a year, this team will be frightening in 2 years. I don't see a threat from Italy. The benchmarks to gauge our growth are the elite teams of Europe.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sandro Tonali… Milan fan his entire life… the prodigal son faces adversity in his first season, takes a fucking wage cut to stay with his dream club…. Returns a King and helps lead the club down the stretch with 3 goals toward a Scudetto.

You can’t write a story like that, my god.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Adli hits the ground running his first year, with a strong RW, even with Origi, we can make a deep CL run depending on the draw.

If we get a developmental RW and Adli takes a year, this team will be frightening in 2 years. I don't see a threat from Italy. The benchmarks to gauge our growth are the elite teams of Europe.
Quarter-final run would be massive, you build from there. If we get to a QF, there are very few teams we can’t compete with IMO.

This is a really good team, just very young, but if we win this Scudetto the mentality and experience boost will be incredible. Either way, we are watching the forging of a champion side, it’s just a matter of if it happens in 2 weeks or not. I hope for their sake, for Pioli, for us… it’s in 2 weeks. We all fucking deserve it, man.

I really just want things to continue… keep adding 60-70M in talent every year. Let the squad grow into long-term, sustainable champions of Italy and much more importantly Europe.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
I just read that we haven’t won against Atalanta at home since 6 January 2014.

Let’s do this boys!

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Quarter-final run would be massive, you build from there. If we get to a QF, there are very few teams we can’t compete with IMO.

This is a really good team, just very young, but if we win this Scudetto the mentality and experience boost will be incredible. Either way, we are watching the forging of a champion side, it’s just a matter of if it happens in 2 weeks or not. I hope for their sake, for Pioli, for us… it’s in 2 weeks. We all fucking deserve it, man.

I really just want things to continue… keep adding 60-70M in talent every year. Let the squad grow into long-term, sustainable champions of Italy and much more importantly Europe.
The group of death this year was a tough introduction for these players, but they got to play 6 quarterfinals in that group stage. They did not disgrace themselves.

We are seeing the beginning of the next dynasty, I honestly think so.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

⭐
I don’t want it any other way.
Keep it all, the strategy, the personnel.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Go to FIF Serie A thread... Some real good posts on why Pioli deserves credit for challenging for title despite all the adversities, how their strategy under Conte to win now and fuck future has probably pushed them into Banter era in exchange for 1 Scudetto and why they are stuck with Vidal while we got Sandro.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If we add Sanches, RW, and a left back sub (like Cucurella), I don't see why we can't go toe to toe with other top teams.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Go to FIF Serie A thread... Some real good posts on why Pioli deserves credit for challenging for title despite all the adversities, how their strategy under Conte to win now and fuck future has probably pushed them into Banter era in exchange for 1 Scudetto and why they are stuck with Vidal while we got Sandro.
From their mothers’ basements to god’s ears.

I hope Juve and Inter enjoy 10 years of banter like we had to endure. Fuck em

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Sandro Tonali… Milan fan his entire life… the prodigal son faces adversity in his first season, takes a fucking wage cut to stay with his dream club…. Returns a King and helps lead the club down the stretch with 3 goals toward a Scudetto.

Proud Tonali groupie Since serie B Brescia. When fans were like , ah another serie B trash, buy real players. He put them to shame 😎

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I need the assistance of someone who is fluent in italian... preferably someone who can read lips

I rewatched the match and after the 2nd goal at the 49minute and 50 second mark, the ref is visibly distraught.. its 53 min and 5 seconds on the paramount + feed

Its almost as if he is thinking "what am I supposed to do? There is no way I can call that goal back"

Then he is talking to the Verona players and almost consoling them

at the 50 min 15-20 second mark of the match (about 53 min and 30 second for the paramount + feed), he explains something to Tameze from Verona then says something almost to himself.

I would bet $100 he says something like "god damnit, this wasn't supposed to happen"

Can someone assist with what they think he said. His lips are very visible

I want to find a reason to strangle him and send Bluenine a box of shit
This is so interestint because my gf who knows shit noticed this before me even saying anything. She said damn he looks really nervous for some reason and then just immediately after referee started almost consolling the Verona player, immediately again this time she said wtf is he doing asking why he is behaving so strange

It was really strange, especially seeing that shit while being high it was another level of paranoia

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

I have the title for his bibliography:
Sandro Tonali and why you don't judge a player by his first season.

Whoever insisting on Tonali within the Milan management deserves a raise

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
My husband and I may have secured tickets for Atalanta! I don't know if I trust it yet because they haven't officially come through but it looks like chances are good we will be there!! I'm hoping if they keep the matches at the same time that everyone will just stay in San Siro after the Milan win to see whether the scudetto is secured that night... Maybe even the players could stay and come back out to celebrate...

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I'm just happy we finally scored some more goals, Sandro really enjoyed playing higher up. Also good that Krunic played yesterday, I'm sure Brahim would've been lost, this was not a game for him. I'm also quite sure Sandro playing higher up was only possible because Krunic played, that was a great tactic from Pioli, really paid off. What a day for Sandro, birthday and scoring two vital goals for Milan, that's really the best way to celebrate.

I'm happy for Florenzi, finally one of his screamers went into the back of the net. His shots are always a threat, he has such a great long range shot, very useful to have such players. The last months I've always said that I want to keep Florenzi, he's been a good addition to our squad, very likeable character too. We need Italians anyway and he's done very well, especially in 2022. He had two surgeries, but recovered pretty fast both times, wouldn't worry too much about that.

Now I just want us to win 5-0 against Atalanta, it's time for our proper revenge. I also really wanted us to celebrate the Scudetto at San Siro, but some members here mentioned that we play before inter next game, that sucks. Why are the games not at the same time. IIRC the last few games were usually at the same time, at least for those teams that played for the title or other important positions. Really don't understand why it's so mixed up this season.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He could since he's played less than 3 games but I forgot he can't accept a call up for 3 years. If he had rejected the call up last year, he would have been eligible for Canada this year.
Never heard of this 3 game rule. I always thought once you played an official game for a country, that's it.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
If we win the Scudetto, there are so many great storylines that would be worth a documentary each:-
1. Pioli - considered an Inter reject and loser. #PioliOut was trending even before he joined.
2. Messias - ridiculed by everyone for his past. Has provided crucial goals and assists
3. Tonali - joined childhood club only to be considered a flop. Reduced his salary and now a fan favourite
4. Theo - Real Madrid reject
5. Tomori - Chelsea reject
6. Florenzi - kicked out by Roma management
7. Maignan - Donarumma swap is a story in itself
8. Calabria - from fodder to champion
9. Zlatan - considered finished after he left for MLS
10. Maldini - kept away from his favourite club by management. Returned to show them how it is done.

I can just go on..

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
someone catch me up atalanta please... are they still the same scary side that used to thrash us?
what's changed with them? what good players have left?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm just happy we finally scored some more goals, Sandro really enjoyed playing higher up. Also good that Krunic played yesterday, I'm sure Brahim would've been lost, this was not a game for him. I'm also quite sure Sandro playing higher up was only possible because Krunic played, that was a great tactic from Pioli, really paid off. What a day for Sandro, birthday and scoring two vital goals for Milan, that's really the best way to celebrate.

I'm happy for Florenzi, finally one of his screamers went into the back of the net. His shots are always a threat, he has such a great long range shot, very useful to have such players. The last months I've always said that I want to keep Florenzi, he's been a good addition to our squad, very likeable character too. We need Italians anyway and he's done very well, especially in 2022. He had two surgeries, but recovered pretty fast both times, wouldn't worry too much about that.

Now I just want us to win 5-0 against Atalanta, it's time for our proper revenge. I also really wanted us to celebrate the Scudetto at San Siro, but some members here mentioned that we play before inter next game, that sucks. Why are the games not at the same time. IIRC the last few games were usually at the same time, at least for those teams that played for the title or other important positions. Really don't understand why it's so mixed up this season.
I don't think Tonali actually played higher up in a simple positional sense. He wasn't our AM. He just traded positions with Krunic whenever we wanted to attack the space. This happened before in other games against man marking 343s.

The idea was constant positional rotations. Leao goes wide left, Giroud pulls the other defenders away, Krunic drops to midfield, Theo cuts infield to isolate Leao, Kessie drops to defense, Tomori and Kalulu go really wide, Tonali bursts into space up front... Just a big mess that completely destroys any man marking strategy. Look at how easily Calabria managed to run into space with a quick one two, there's acres of space because the defenders got lost trying to man mark and follow their players. Happened again with Florenzi. I really wished we had Ibra from the start for this, Giroud is just way too one-dimensional for this kind of football, Ibra would have destroyed them.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
someone catch me up atalanta please... are they still the same scary side that used to thrash us?
what's changed with them? what good players have left?
They're still the same. Had a few injuries that derailed them but they're back to full strength now. It's going to be a tough, tough game.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
If we win the Scudetto, there are so many great storylines that would be worth a documentary each:-
1. Pioli - considered an Inter reject and loser. #PioliOut was trending even before he joined.
2. Messias - ridiculed by everyone for his past. Has provided crucial goals and assists
3. Tonali - joined childhood club only to be considered a flop. Reduced his salary and now a fan favourite
10. Maldini - kept away from his favourite club by management. Returned to show them how it is done.

I can just go on..
Made me cry...
It's just all so beautiful

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

I can just go on..
11. Kalulu - signed for 500k as a potential good talent. Ended up bossing the league with Tomori Baresi/Maldini style.
12. Giroud - big game devil. That cut he got from Koulibaly, fought through and decided the game.
13. Rade Krunic - unsung hero of the resistance. Never complains, loves being here. Multitool squad player, can always be counted on to make the sane pass.
14. Simon Kjær, real life hero loved all over the world. Had a journeyman career but was always great, found his home at Milanello.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli is my favorite coach, ever.

The man is already a legend, for me. If he wins the title I think he’s going to be remembered forever as the man who led Milan back to glory. I don’t think any coach could have done what he has done in the past two years and a half. Since that day in Bergamo we’ve gone from strength to strength against terrible luck and adversity with a team of kids.

Maldini, Massara, Ibra, Kjaer, all the leaders and management deserve a lot of credit…

… but Pioli. He’s really special and was exactly the right man for us at the right time.

I love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule