The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalulu is predominantly a RB (he's played the majority of his career in this position) so will most likely be competing with Calabria next season whereas Tomori-Botman will be the first choice CB pairing with Kjaer/Kalulu as backups. In other words, MMM aren't spending 30m of our precious funds on a benchwarmer.

Majority of his career is pretty much non professional football except for Milan where he has his best run at CB.

He clearly can play both positions, but CB is the one where he looks like having world class potential imi.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Longo says Milan have a "crazy idea" to sign Nkunku, but it's complicated because he's been offered a contract renewal and they'll only sell for an "indecent" price.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Who every compered botman to romangioli is just dont know anything about game called football,
romagnioli aerial 000
botman top aerial
rom phys. 0000
botman top
rom reading the game very bad at long balls behing
botman very good at reading and tackling.

Areas to improve

Closing down spaces: One of the most important parts of the modern game is space management. For defenders it is most crucial to close down space and not allowing the time for the opposition player to shoot/cross.

It is in this area that Botman needs to improve because he tends to back away from the player taking on a shot instead of closing down the space, giving them time to make a decision. Romagnoli has had similar problems, it must be noted.

Lack of acceleration: Botman may have a decent top speed, but the acceleration needed to get to that marker leaves a lot to be desired. This makes him a bit prone to the 1v1 situations or means he cannot get back quickly whenever a ball is put behind him.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those are self evident.
Of course a 22-23yo would be for long term.
Of course any CB who arrives would be to replace the outgoing one.
A cb will arrive, it’s in my poste you quoted. So we agree on that.

Now, I really don’t know how to simplify this some more.
Like is said, I guess Our misunderstanding stems from the name of Botman and perhaps our understanding (which are different) of how close he is to signing with us…and also I guess how much you appreciate him. And despite all I do appreciate what he has that we lack lol, size, air, strength… but I’m not stuck on his name as a must have…so maybe that difference of “desiring” the signing is blurring the argument.

Let’s try this.
Just for argument’s sake…if we can’t get Botman, who do you think we should get?
Can’t think of anyone else. I want Botman.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
L'Equipe confirms our indiscretion: there is a crazy Nkunku idea for Milan. Complicated because Leipzig has offered the renewal and would sell it only for an 'indecent' amount

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Botman + Sanches + Nkunku would mean no CAM other than Adli

Edit: I thought Nkunku RW, but he is CAM. Then no RW

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
this could be a bit long. but i just to say my piece on a few topics floating around the past few days/weeks.

i go based on links we can deem credible for many reason (profile fit plan/project, fit budget. also under the reality of our transfer policy, until something (ownership changes)

1. Formation change (3 man mid). i don't think there is any indication of formation change. same shit happened last summer, some were convinced we were changing formation based on nothing.
first., continuity is the name of the game. drilling our system (which works) till it becomes 2nd nature for the players, where they can find each other with their eyes closed. so i don't see us leaving a formation that brought us success just to try something new.
and based on the (potential) signings, namely Sanches, we're not gonna play with a mid 3 with those CMs we will have. it'll be short... especially knowing that Sanches and Bennacer will miss about 10 games each..it seems evident to me that they're signing for their 4231 as they have always done
and 4231 is the best formation for us... most Malleable and flexible. it can easily be altered into most other formations for specific needs of a game by switching either a player or just asking a player or 2 to play a slightly modified role. it ain't broken so they wont' break it. they'll reinforce it.

2. Adli is your AM. embrace it! yes he is also a CM but his purpose here will be primarily AM.
10+10 as the AM was stylistically what suits this team best...a deeper AM (CM/AM hybrid) who can playmake/pass. and Brahim for his first stint here was brought to have Variety being more of a final 3rd AM (AM/SS) ... and the same was true for this yea, just that we could not get our target for 10+10 replacement (CM/AM) by the name of Vlasic... so as Vlasic moved to west ham, they tried for their next CM/AM name on the List, Adli. And i'm convinced they tried to get him in immediately but Bordeaux insisted on keeping him for the season, which could explain why this deal happened at the very end of the market.
later in the market there were rumours of bigger names coming , which never seemed logical to me. James Rodriguez, Bernardo Silva (my brother Hitch was hyped for this one) ... not only they're not the deeper CM/AM that i think they were looking for ... but profile wise they simply were waaaaay out of line + they publicly express confidence in Brahim and gave him #10 so it'd either be a young AM competing as equal or even as 2nd but not a star to put him straight to the bench

all that to say, With Brahim here as the AM/SS the other AM will be IS a CM/AM named Adli...with most out other mids being able to fill in (Sanches Being the most fitting ... the lack of Deeper AM(AM/CM) forces Pioli to play a DM a AM in some games where he needs his AM to disrupt the opposition playmaker. last season he would just instruct 10+10 to do it. As a CM he had the workrate and enough strength to do it while still being able to provide some quality going forward...so not another AM/SS , sorry to piss on the Dybalians' parade.
Bernardo was mainly a RW & a great one who can operate as an AM.
This season Pep did his thing & fielded him as a CMAM & he pulled it off.
Bernardo is a dream signing.

Last edited:

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Those are self evident.
Of course a 22-23yo would be for long term.
Of course any CB who arrives would be to replace the outgoing one.
A cb will arrive, it’s in my poste you quoted. So we agree on that.

Now, I really don’t know how to simplify this some more.
Like is said, I guess Our misunderstanding stems from the name of Botman and perhaps our understanding (which are different) of how close he is to signing with us…and also I guess how much you appreciate him. And despite all I do appreciate what he has that we lack lol, size, air, strength… but I’m not stuck on his name as a must have…so maybe that difference of “desiring” the signing is blurring the argument.

Let’s try this.
Just for argument’s sake…if we can’t get Botman, who do you think we should get?
Other profile who persistently linked with us is the 192 cm big N'Dicka

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Perhaps Kalulu will end up like what Kyle Walker?
Though Walker would never play as a CB in a back 4, in a back 3 - he is such a weapon.
I remember before Italy played England, I picked him out as their key player. Their CB's are so weak, yet he has the pace to always cover them.

We do need bodies back defending, or at least who can get back fast, with Theo always bombing forward. Calabria is sometimes caught out with diagonal balls into space too. I think Kalulu will be able to deal with that much better.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Gabbia 15 mil at least.
Fuck cairo

I doubt we’ll get more than 10m for Gabbia as he’s been riding the bench for the past few seasons. Therefore, I would loan him out to some fodder club first before a midtable one like Torino to increase his playing time and market value (same trajectory as Pobega).

However, if Cairo were to offer 10m + resale % then I would cash in to boost the mercato budget as he’ll never be a regular here with Tomori, Botman, Kjaer + Kalulu ahead of him.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

Maldini just need to make an early call to secure the deal

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Homegrown BS aside, imagine if we cashed in on Pobega (15m plus resale %), Gabbia (10m plus resale %), Colombo (7m plus resale %) and make a 10m capital gain on Salad just like the Hauge deal. That’s an additional 50m that can be used to sign a top player.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Should I prepare a gold tie for this summer with the Scudetto tricolore embroidered into it?

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Homegrown BS aside, imagine if we cashed in on Pobega (15m plus resale %), Gabbia (10m plus resale %), Colombo (7m plus resale %) and make a 10m capital gain on Salad just like the Hauge deal. That’s an additional 50m that can be used to sign a top player.
we can definitly get more for pobega and colombo.
I would sell all 3 of them.

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Botman, Sanchez, and Origi seem like a done deal.

Now, if we can just get a statement signing (Nkunku) done for the CAM position (I don't mind Adli either), or for the CF position (Nunez), it would be awesome.

I'm not worried about the RW position because it has been the weakest link of this team for so long. I'm sure Maldini is going to sort that out anyway.

Now we just need to win the Scudetto, and then we can spend all our energy in to the Mercato news.

Sent from my moto g(40) fusion using Tapatalk

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Do we give a fuck about that? Absolutely not!
As long as Milan players can keep fit and healthy instead of injured more often than not next season... that's all that matters to me. Fuck other players from other teams. May they collectively tear their ballsacks.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
Do we give a fuck about that? Absolutely not!
Seriously. Why would a Milan fan care about what happens to Haaland in Man Shity. Hope they burn as a club

On another note, regarding Kalulu, he must become a starting RB from next season with Botman and Tomori in the center. what a excellent starting back line that would be!

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lol I couldn't give a fuck about some 21yo lanky motherfucker who's transfer cost 300m+ including 30m commission for his father plus 30m annual wages for himself.

Seriously fuck him if he can't manage to stay healthy with that sort of clout.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
1. -

2. so you want to judge his goalscoring ability with something other than the time he spends on the field? when on the field he scores...there's no other way to twist that.

3. well, i think it's extremely stupid. especially when we know first hand the power of targeted scouting of undersused/neglected/bad fit players...first hand
even outside this situation, in life in general. i think it's a stupid way of operating... but to each his own.

so in the end

for Theo: ".we trusted Massara and Maldini"... but we can no longer trust them
for Tomori: "chelsea fans were crying for him not to be sold"... and that's a very important criteria when looking for a player to sign. Maldini should consider that more
for Kjaer: "well I am from Denmark so I always knew how good he was and always wanted us to sign him." ... your stamp of approval and Simon will to play for Milan....

so those are more important than the scouting they have done to determine that these players will fit in, and improve the team?
1. -

2. If we go by that logic then chicharito was one of the best strikers… just no

3. Its stupid according to you, just like i think its stupid for you guys to justify all of massaro and maldini signings.. as if they didnt have clear misses already

the fact you ignored the age part about theo lmao.. and i dont like the way you twisting my words and coming with ur own conclusions.
Orgy as a starter is not what we need. Thats my opinion and him being a sub at 27 proves my point. Apparently he is so good, but his club don’t even want to extend with him.. Make it make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule