Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
I don't think it is about athletes, Americans don't play soccer like they should.

I played at a higher level when I was younger, while the rest of my family played basketball, at truly elite levels.

Europeans fixate on the foundations of basketball. They don't play the game for fun at the same rates as Americans do. So they don't have the same creativity and spark as American players. Basketball, is also determined by your physical gifts (height really) than anything else.

The point is, Americans play soccer the way Europeans play basketball. It also doesn't help that they depend on English style tactics, coaches, and mentalities. There's a reason English teams don't use English coaches, they're the worst.

They would be better off with the French, Spanish, or Italian approach, but no, they marvel at any asshole with an English accent and pay him tons of money.
... or Scottish accent.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Please keep sharing stories about fandom. We need all posters on deck these coming days. @General , see to it.

The forum must be cooking with love, excitement, anticipation and brotherhood going into the weekend. Straighten your backs, gents!

Off to work.

Oh and happy birthday @Shevchenko7! I'm turning 32 tomorrow.
I grew up in Milano, so it was either Milan or Inter. I chose Milan mostly as an act of juvenile rebellion (my father was a huge Inter fan). Rivera was my idol those days. I have two brothers, one is an Inter fan, the other Fiorentina (long story).

I moved to the States in the mid seventies, and back then it was near impossible to follow soccer. I ended up watching a lot of Latin American TV (mostly around the Mundial). Sadly I missed most of the early Berlusconi days. I remember watching a CL final where the signal was so bad that you could see nothing.

I tried to get my kids into soccer when they were young (ended up coaching some of the teams). That did not get that far, but 2 of my 4 kids ended up becoming big soccer fans, Milan and Quakes (my daughter and son-in-law are season ticket holders).

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Wow Pep just used his multi-million dollar team to beat up some Premiershit fodder. Anyone checked on Wild?
On the way to win the best league in the world against a beast rival like Liver cementing his goat status.
What a beast.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I grew up in Milano, so it was either Milan or Inter. I chose Milan mostly as an act of juvenile rebellion (my father was a huge Inter fan). Rivera was my idol those days. I have two brothers, one is an Inter fan, the other Fiorentina (long story).

I moved to the States in the mid seventies, and back then it was near impossible to follow soccer. I ended up watching a lot of Latin American TV (mostly around the Mundial). Sadly I missed most of the early Berlusconi days. I remember watching a CL final where the signal was so bad that you could see nothing.

I tried to get my kids into soccer when they were young (ended up coaching some of the teams). That did not get that far, but 2 of my 4 kids ended up becoming big soccer fans, Milan and Quakes (my daughter and son-in-law are season ticket holders).
Nice story, heart warming to read these.
Seems like you integrated well in the states as you are using soccer instead of football.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Milan just takes care of business then no amount of momentum or adrenaline will be enough for Inter.
Momentum is one thing,but playing against jube that kinde of game for 120 min 3 days before facing time that will die is anything but easy.
Belive me if caglari can hold until 50+ min you will see what playing same players over and over means.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Momentum is one thing,but playing against jube that kinde of game for 120 min 3 days before facing time that will die is anything but easy.
Belive me if caglari can hold until 50+ min you will see what playing same players over and over means.
I don't like you with good English :(

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Just had a feeling that Giroud will once again win it for us.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Ibra barely played this season. And Giroud has done an ok job overall. Origi AND Belotti for FREE would be a huge upgrade over Injured Ibra and Pellegri/Lazetic. Plus it frees up cash so we can put that money towards other positions that need to be upgraded ASAP like CAM and RW. Especially since it sounds like we've already spent/allocated money towards the Botman and Sanches signings. There will be little left to spend on a top striker if we sign quality RW options (hopefully 2) and a CAM. An LB backup and an alternate RB is needed as well because this Calabria-Florenzi duo are too similar. Someone faster and more physically gifted at RB would improve us immensely against teams that play wide.

I’d prefer a top striker and Adli/Renato rather than spending more on a top AM and having Origi as a starter

Regarding a fast, physically gifted RB - we have him, his name is Kalulu. He’s going to be best best full back in Europe within a couple of years. confident on the ball, decent passer, decent crosses, incredibly defending and pace. He has all the tools

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’d prefer a top striker and Adli/Renato rather than spending more on a top AM and having Origi as a starter

Regarding a fast, physically gifted RB - we have him, his name is Kalulu. He’s going to be best best full back in Europe within a couple of years. confident on the ball, decent passer, decent crosses, incredibly defending and pace. He has all the tools
I totaly agree about Kalulu part.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Disagree. Renato has only played 12 career games @ AM vs. 200+ @ CM so has no experience whereas Adli has only registered 0g/3a in the last 20 league matches for a soon to be relegated team. Therefore, both are totally unproven in the role and betting on them next season would be just as risky as the Brahim gamble. Also, what's the point in signing a top striker if he's going to be getting no service? We're better off signing a top AM who GUARANTEES goals/assists as we already know that Origi has a great conversion rate (roughly a goal/assist every 1.5 games @ CF) IF supplied properly. Same goes for Giroud and Ibra if he stays or even Belotti.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So for todays posts, how about people tell everyone a little bit about how it is being a Milan fan in your given country. How big is the fanbase, and how is it looked upon to be a Milan supporter where you live?

In Norway it's extremely rare to be a fan of an Italian team, but I'm pretty sure that Milan is the most popular team, followed by Jube and Printer. The culture for football in Norway is one of the most anglicanized in the world per capita, I'm willing to bet. It stems from English games being shown in the 80s and 90s and therefore influencing a generation which again raised a generation of PL loving people. Because the Norwegian league is so far from being competitive it's completely normal that most people support their local team and also a Premier League team. There are exceptions like me though, and fans of teams in Spain are also showing up all over the place.

Serie A is a sort of cult thing in Norway, almost no people follow it casually. The few who do are very passionate about it, and it made it possible for me to quickly find an online community of Milan fans. This lead to me travelling alone at 16 with another 16 year old I had never met before IRL, along with his grandmother to watch Milan-Fiorentina in 2006. An adventurous experience.

I have of course recruited my little brother into being a Milanista, but none of my other friends have any interest in the club or Serie A. They look at Italy with disdain and associate it with simulation and of course cheating(Calciopoli).

To underline how cultish the following in Norway is there wasn't even a distributor of the games when this season started. There was no legal way for me to watch the games. But after a grassroot movement worked hard to fix it, one of the largest newspapers acquired the rights and actually show it through their TV solution.

We really need to have a Grande Milan again so that new fans and enthusiasm can grow also here in Norway.

Oh and this November I've persuaded my PL loving friends to have a long weekend in Milan to attend a game and party. I hope I'll be able to take them to a big game at the San Siro so that the atmosphere will really be incredible.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
There is a die hard Messi fans and Pep fans talking passionately about them here while both has nothing to do with Milan is beyond me

Last edited:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
So for todays posts, how about people tell everyone a little bit about how it is being a Milan fan in your given country. How big is the fanbase, and how is it looked upon to be a Milan supporter where you live?

In Norway it's extremely rare to be a fan of an Italian team, but I'm pretty sure that Milan is the most popular team, followed by Jube and Printer. The culture for football in Norway is one of the most anglicanized in the world per capita, I'm willing to bet. It stems from English games being shown in the 80s and 90s and therefore influencing a generation which again raised a generation of PL loving people. Because the Norwegian league is so far from being competitive it's completely normal that most people support their local team and also a Premier League team. There are exceptions like me though, and fans of teams in Spain are also showing up all over the place.

Serie A is a sort of cult thing in Norway, almost no people follow it casually. The few who do are very passionate about it, and it made it possible for me to quickly find an online community of Milan fans. This lead to me travelling alone at 16 with another 16 year old I had never met before IRL, along with his grandmother to watch Milan-Fiorentina in 2006. An adventurous experience.

I have of course recruited my little brother into being a Milanista, but none of my other friends have any interest in the club or Serie A. They look at Italy with disdain and associate it with simulation and of course cheating(Calciopoli).

To underline how cultish the following in Norway is there wasn't even a distributor of the games when this season started. There was no legal way for me to watch the games. But after a grassroot movement worked hard to fix it, one of the largest newspapers acquired the rights and actually show it through their TV solution.

We really need to have a Grande Milan again so that new fans and enthusiasm can grow also here in Norway.

Oh and this November I've persuaded my PL loving friends to have a long weekend in Milan to attend a game and party. I hope I'll be able to take them to a big game at the San Siro so that the atmosphere will really be incredible.

Here in the Netherlands, there is a fair share of people that follow Serie A casually, but just a few follow the league intensely. Traditionally Milan is well known, because of their success and because of the great Dutch players that played here, but we are known because of our history. Serie A is still interesting to some because of players like de Ligt, de Vrij and other Dutch names.

Johan Cruijff had a huge impact on football everywhere, but especially in the Netherlands. A lot of people follow Barca, because of his heritage, Messi & co and their history with Dutch players. English football is even more popular for the same reasons it's popular everywhere else.

Most people can't name more than three or four players from our squad, but the flame is getting bigger. Milan's success in the last two seasons means that more people get interested. You often hear them say things like "it would be great to see Milan back in the CL". A lot of people wish us well.

I always tell people the same thing. Milan is a giant of European football. We have been dormant for quite some time, but the giant will rise again. And when the giant rises, no one can stop us.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here in the Netherlands, there is a fair share of people that follow Serie A casually, but just a few follow the league intensely. Traditionally Milan is well known, because of their success and because of the great Dutch players that played here, but we are known because of our history. Serie A is still interesting to some because of players like de Ligt, de Vrij and other Dutch names.

Johan Cruijff had a huge impact on football everywhere, but especially in the Netherlands. A lot of people follow Barca, because of his heritage, Messi & co and their history with Dutch players. English football is even more popular for the same reasons it's popular everywhere else.

Most people can't name more than three or four players from our squad, but the flame is getting bigger. Milan's success in the last two seasons means that more people get interested. You often hear them say things like "it would be great to see Milan back in the CL". A lot of people wish us well.

I always tell people the same thing. Milan is a giant of European football. We have been dormant for quite some time, but the giant will rise again. And when the giant rises, no one can stop us.
Cruijff is one thing, but didn't our Dutch heroes cause some uproar and interest in Milan? Surely we had some amazing dutch players.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
es_grimes says Origi deal is finalized months ago. Just need to finish the season.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lesbo with some sweet through balls @ 0:47, 1:03 & 1:24...

Last edited:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Cruijff is one thing, but didn't our Dutch heroes cause some uproar and interest in Milan? Surely we had some amazing dutch players.

Of course they did. Not only the big three, but Seedorf also. Every serious football fan in the Netherlands knows about the great history of the Dutch players in Milan.

We all know that Italian footbal has become less popular over the years and with the decline of Milan I think that a lot of casual fans lost interest.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Perhaps Inter winning in extra time was the best outcome. Now they've wasted energy partying.
Hopefully the fire is burning less too. They have a coppa to fall back on at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule