The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hummm. Cool that you paired them by position, even though it’s just a way to present the list, the splitting by position makes it feel rigid… the situation much more fluid because of the versatility of all (almost) the players…through that versatility, we’d have at least 3 players per position…some positions, even as much as 5 players.

With that said, I’ve seen Pobega play, not bad. I do think they’d bring a bring another real DM to replace Kessie (and Bakayoko, even though he wasn’t used much) … Renato is closer to Bennacer in style, progressor/playmaker.
That DM, that make things work tactically, who will, specifically to our play, slot to the left when Theo goes up. Who will cover for a CB when the CB gets pulled wide.
Despite his huild, Pobega is not that, he appears more inclined to the offensive part of the game…that’s how he made his name on those loan spells.

About CF, you already know, I don’t see them getting 3 CF in their prime to fight for 1 spot.
1. I don’t see management not only paying for 3 x 3-4M salaries for 1 spot.
2. I don’t think Pioli wants that problem.
3. Even if we wanted that, I don’t know how you convince them to come and be in that situation.
Origi, assuming it’s confirmed is to play more than he is playing at Liverpool. So he must have had some guarantees on his status. Giroud is already here.
So what do you say to Belotti, a guy in his prime to come and fight for minutes here, while he can go somewhere and be the main man. However big of a Milan fan he is, if broke ass Inter offers him the chance to replace the old Dzeko, he’ll run there. And he’d be right.
Though, He’ll probably move sideways. I think he greatly diminished his chances to move to a bigger club by staying at Torino for too long and how it unfolded.
I can see him at a Sassuolo if they cash in on Scamacca.
Ok, lets make a versatility list:

LB: Theo, Backup LB, Kalulu, Florenzi, Calabria
RB: Calabria, Kalulu, Florenzi, Saelemaekers
CB: Kjaer, Botman, Tomori, Kalulu, Gabbia
CM: Tonali, Bennacer, Pobega, Renato, Adli, Krunic, Florenzi
RW: New RW, Saelemaekers, Renato, Florenzi
AM: Adli, Renato, Brahim, Krunic, Pobega
LW: Leao, Rebic, Origi, Saelemaekers
CF: Origi, Giroud, Rebic, Leao

I still think we go for Belotti if Ibra retires. CF is a bit too thin knowing Giroud is inconsistent, Rebic and Leao are LW, and Origi was never tested for a full season. Belotti even on a 3m wage is a good investment for this season and as a squad player in the next couple of years. He can can also play on the wing if you need him to, he's pretty versatile himself.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
inter fans: “herp derp Milan are sooooo lucky and athletic and what is with their players and fans not being ugly”

Meanwhile: Milan squad goes through calamitous 2 seasons of injuries and COVID while Inter has zero significant injuries.

2 ships passing in the night.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you consider the versatility point then we're paying 5 players 3m+ for 2 positions. Not that bad or extreme, I think. Origi, Belotti, Giroud, Leao and Rebic for LW and CF seems like it's typical for a CL challenging squad.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That roar when the ref confirmed the Leao goal after checking it...

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not only his ability, but also his availability.

Guy plays 90 minutes week in week out, I think he’s missed 4 games in 5 seasons or something ridiculous like that.

I’m having some apprehension towards Renato given his injury record and the fact that he isn’t a natural replacement for Kessie.

Tonali I think is wasted in the deepest lying “sitting” midfield role, given how athletic and fast he is

Tonali has been the tactical screw in Midfield lately, playing either as a b2b CM or more of holding midfielder depending on what we need. Before the Atalanta match he contributed a lot in attack and yesterday he got ordered back by Pioli to break Atalantas press which was on its way to reduce us to Maignan distributions from the back.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Not only his ability, but also his availability.

Guy plays 90 minutes week in week out, I think he’s missed 4 games in 5 seasons or something ridiculous like that.

I’m having some apprehension towards Renato given his injury record and the fact that he isn’t a natural replacement for Kessie.

Tonali I think is wasted in the deepest lying “sitting” midfield role, given how athletic and fast he is
There is a good chance Kessie might flop at refcelona and come back a la Ibra in 2010 :g::gt:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Ok, lets make a versatility list:

LB: Theo, Backup LB, Kalulu, Florenzi, Calabria
RB: Calabria, Kalulu, Florenzi, Saelemaekers
CB: Kjaer, Botman, Tomori, Kalulu, Gabbia
CM: Tonali, Bennacer, Pobega, Renato, Adli, Krunic, Florenzi
RW: New RW, Saelemaekers, Renato, Florenzi
AM: Adli, Renato, Brahim, Krunic, Pobega
LW: Leao, Rebic, Origi, Saelemaekers
CF: Origi, Giroud, Rebic, Leao

I still think we go for Belotti if Ibra retires. CF is a bit too thin knowing Giroud is inconsistent, Rebic and Leao are LW, and Origi was never tested for a full season. Belotti even on a 3m wage is a good investment for this season and as a squad player in the next couple of years. He can can also play on the wing if you need him to, he's pretty versatile himself.
Clearly, we differ.
If Origi does arrive, I do not see a 3M Belotti as a good investment…not even a Belotti at all… and I like the guy.
I see it as one of the other .

Given his contract situation, Ibra’s towards the end, It seemed natural that he’d move here. Then Origi’s name came up.
Physically and technically better fitted for the team…and many many advantage that I won’t enumerate to keep it short.
The choice made itself.

Anyway, we’re only speculating as to what makes sense to us. Only in august we’ll know how and what they’re thinking.

Whatever it is they’re thinking, 1 thing is sure, this team will be ready to take the next step after this mercato.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tonali has been the tactical screw in Midfield lately, playing either as a b2b CM or more of holding midfielder depending on what we need. Before the Atalanta match he contributed a lot in attack and yesterday he got ordered back by Pioli to break Atalantas press which was on its way to reduce us to Maignan distributions from the back.
Sorry for the self quote but this variability alone has troubled the man-marking merchants a lot. It is not a surprise that Pioli has a very positive record against Gasperini even pre-Milan: https://www.transfermarkt.at/stefano-pioli/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/2135/trainer_id/3436
Although these retro-tactics were a breath of fresh air at some point, I am glad that well played modern (total) football proves superior.

Allegri and Spalletti are the coaches he struggles most with btw.. (of course they have a history of coaching strong teams as well)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Still hoping to use that last box for that glorious moment when the team hoists Pioli in the air.
Permanent sig-material for you if it comes through :)

I'm very happy about the win yesterday but super focused on next weekend.

This game must be approached with maximum seriousness.

I want 86 pts!!!!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
still number 1

the-big-lebowski-the-dude.gif

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT

Look at Capitano on display in this

I couldn't even relax after the 2nd goal, I was so worried about Leao Kalulu or Tomori getting a yellow :lol:

I'm so glad this fraud will be gone from this club in a week, hopefully Inter or Juve sign him up

That was like maybe our worst match of the season good lord. Such a bad defensive game.

Tonali/Kessie didn’t start, we used Bakayoko, 2 slow defenders in Roma/Kjaer instead of the fast athletic Tomori/Kalulu. Diaz instead of Big Rade Rade.

Next week will be much different for sure. I won’t put much stock into that match, we were really bad and missing some important players and didn’t realise how good Kalulu was in CB back then. Kalulu/Tomori/Tonali and even Krunic will make a huge difference in that match.

I am worried of course, I’m not underestimating Sassuolo, I was even more worried about the fact that they’re our bogey team hit when I watched back this match, things were just different back then. After analysing that first match, I’m more calm and relaxed. We’re in a much better position to beat them and there is even more pressure to deliver in this match and our players have proven to be very good under pressure this season.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Conte gets you a scudetto (no CL), then goes somewhere else leaving behind a mess. No thanks.

(As a reminder, Conte did not want Hakan at Inter)
Still was one of the decent options unlike the finished mess everyone wanted to get their hands on.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Duvan Zapata for ST anyone? :o

He's probably still in Kalulu's pocket, tell him to just bring him to Milanello for training.
He gave us more problems than any striker in last 5 games or so. I was on edge of seat any time ball was around him. I dont follow him that much or his injury history but if we wont spend big this summer on Nunez or so i d not mind him and Origi in rotation at all. Probably wont be expensive. Really mobile, strong, physical....i think for our style he d fit well. I think he has 2 good years leftin him.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

just before their 3-1 goal 😆😆😆😆😆😆

They don't even try to hide it. Inter saying we have all the luck but once again actively helped. Cagliari get a penalty (which 100% should've been) and score from 2-0 down back to 2-2? That could've been it. But again when Inter need a win to stay in the race it's gifted to them. They can thank FIGC they even have a shot going into round 38. Farcical.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ws sasuolo we should play to win.

---------------------mike-----------
calabria----kalulu----------tomori------theo
---------------tonali---------kessie
messias-------------rade-----------leao
------------------rebic--------

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
To think we were one yellow away from a Romagnoli Berardi rematch. Sassuolo isnt an easy game, but a rematch with a full team should be a nice game. Interesting to the very end.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
In a week, it's all over.

It has been a marathon season. I still remember the first game away against Sampdoria, where we did not exactly know how good Maignan, Leao and Tomori were going to be for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule