The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
A crazy thought - why not Kalulu at DM to replace Kessie? Kid has all the tools.

If we are going to move him out of CB, it’s worth trying imo. A but of a weird idea but I think it could have some merit. Thoughts?
streamer-rage.gif

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Do you guys think that there's any chance of getting tickets for the game against Sass (away game)?

And is it only possible to acquire tickets through Sassuolo's webpage?

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
What's funny, Kalulu is like a death sentence to captains. First it was Romagnoli and now maybe Calabria. :lol:

Speaking of that, who will be our next captain, if we consider that Romagnoli/Kessie will no longer be on the pitch + possibly Calabria on the bench? I think Theo is next in that hierarchy.

For romantic reasons I want Tonali as captain, but Theo was also very good in that role.
Theo or Maignan for me. Maignan is captain material.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zapata got a clean header in the box yesterday

Given that the likes of him and Scamacca make me worried

a physically dominant CB is necessary
Any CB may lose header, physically dominant or not
You gain something, you lose something. Perhaps we would win more aerials, but lose in other aspects

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

On the hunt for a bomber of international caliber, Milan are serious for Gabriel Jesus of Manchester City, also followed by Juve

There are many in Europe who dream of Gabriel Jesus. At the moment, Arsenal are ahead of all their rivals in the race for the Brazilian striker. The Gunners can offer even more than other clubs and have moved with a good lead. According to what has been learned from Calciomercato.it, there is still room for maneuver for two Italian teams. Taking advantage of the benefits of the Growth Decree, in fact, there are two clubs that can go beyond the request for information that has already been made.

AC Milan and Juventus got information through the player's entourage. The Rossoneri are particularly interested and again this week a new possible contact between the parties is expected to understand the margins of a negotiation that is now complex. An economic effort and centrality in the project could, however, convince Gabriel Jesus to accept Milan. At the moment, Juve's position is more nuanced, even though they are interested in the player leaving Manchester City.

Despite this, the Rossoneri certainly cannot sleep peacefully from the point of view of the competition. The City’s purchase of Haaland has set in motion a network of contacts and surveys at an international level. Strongly wanted by Pep Guardiola, the former Palmeiras striker has ended up on the radar of other European clubs, ready for a profound offensive restyling next summer. According to the information in our possession, these also include Atletico Madrid, Newcastle, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Even if the epilogue of the Lewandowski affair will be decisive for the Catalans and Bavarians.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Botman is not that special in my opinion. I understand the need to have a young and able 3rd center back but spending 30m on him when we have more pressing needs elsewhere.. idk.
His value is obviously pumped by Lille winning the title last year but who says it wasn't a freak year for them? They are currently 10th in Ligue 1.
I don't think we should be buying high and potentially selling low if things don't work out.

Because Botman is not a high profile player. He is yet to make his debut for the Netherlands and is not in realistic contention atm.
He is basically an Ajax reject because he didn't fit the playing style (and our current playing style is more like Ajax' than Lille's). At the U20 Euro's he also didn't look that good for the Netherlands.

I don't see the point in Botman yet.. But Maldini & Co probably know better than me so we'll see.
Botman has insane stats and his best attributes fit what we need.

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
What's funny, Kalulu is like a death sentence to captains. First it was Romagnoli and now maybe Calabria. :lol:

Speaking of that, who will be our next captain, if we consider that Romagnoli/Kessie will no longer be on the pitch + possibly Calabria on the bench? I think Theo is next in that hierarchy.

For romantic reasons I want Tonali as captain, but Theo was also very good in that role.
I would edge it towards Theo. He stepped up big time since he was made captain in a few games a while back and I thinks that’s just the catalyst that transformed him in the later half of the season. Tonali I fee is still too early at his age and this adds unnecessary pressure.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Very maybe, according to some posters Calabria is loosing his place for years ... yet he is still starting. Of course no one is irreplaceable, but Calabria is definitely not a push over either.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Botman is not that special in my opinion. I understand the need to have a young and able 3rd center back but spending 30m on him when we have more pressing needs elsewhere.. idk.
His value is obviously pumped by Lille winning the title last year but who says it wasn't a freak year for them? They are currently 10th in Ligue 1.
I don't think we should be buying high and potentially selling low if things don't work out.

Because Botman is not a high profile player. He is yet to make his debut for the Netherlands and is not in realistic contention atm.
He is basically an Ajax reject because he didn't fit the playing style (and our current playing style is more like Ajax' than Lille's). At the U20 Euro's he also didn't look that good for the Netherlands.

I don't see the point in Botman yet.. But Maldini & Co probably know better than me so we'll see.

Who was VVD @ 22?

He certainly wasn't a high-profile player. He was also yet to make his international debut.

When all we have to debate over is competition for places. You know this Milan has a bright future ahead.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
@Fabio , get that match thread going.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Fabrizio Romano
AC Milan are working on final details to complete Divock Origi deal on a free transfer. Liverpool are aware of the negotiations between AC Milan and Origi agents, the contract proposal almost ready 🔴⚫️ #ACMilan

Origi already informed Liverpool board that he's gonna leave. #LFC

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Who was VVD @ 22?

He certainly wasn't a high-profile player. He was also yet to make his international debut.

When all we have to debate over is competition for places. You know this Milan has a bright future ahead.
VVD had just joined Celtic at that age, right? I remember he wasn't nearly as hyped then as Botman is now... not to say Botman will reach his level but it took him time to develop. Hell, even his early years at Southampton he wasn't a big name as a CB.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
@Fabrizio Romano
AC Milan are working on final details to complete Divock Origi deal on a free transfer. Liverpool are aware of the negotiations between AC Milan and Origi agents, the contract proposal almost ready 🔴⚫️ #ACMilan

Origi already informed Liverpool board that he's gonna leave. #LFC
Oh well, just have to fall in line and accept it then.

Son of a bitch.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
It is a problem because your opponents can exploit it. If we want to defend high and fast, we play Tomori+Kalulu. If we want a mix, Botman+Tomori. If we want to close up, back three with two big guys.

The more variety and versatility you have the better, especially with an brave and innovative coach like Pioli.
It’s hard for me to see these numbers and argue that there’s a glaring flaw in this pairing. If it was so easy to exploit, teams would have done so already.

Adding Botman might make us better in the air, but it will almost certainly make us more vulnerable on the ground.

This could just be a lucky patch of form. But if forumers know that these guys are terrible in the air, I’m sure Serie a coaches know this as well. And they haven’t been able to exploit it

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Kalulu and Tomori are in the bottom 10% of aerials won. It’s just a fact that as a duo they’re vulnerable in the air even if they’re impenetrable on the ground.
If we back to playing our original pressing game, we can prevent opponent to play long ball since they don't have much time on the ball. Then we just need to fix the lack of height at set piece

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm just walking on clouds today, so happy and relaxed. Fucking tense weekend this was.
I thought you were megastressed for next weekend.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
VVD had just joined Celtic at that age, right? I remember he wasn't nearly as hyped then as Botman is now... not to say Botman will reach his level but it took him time to develop. Hell, even his early years at Southampton he wasn't a big name as a CB.

Fact. Who dared earmark VVD as special back then? His towering attributes were clear for all who understand football to see(that aside)

If the arrival of Botman confirms Junior as our RW for next season. Then we can rightfully riot. There's like 0.01% that happens.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lmao. If we get Sanches, Botman and 2 good attacking players we will probably win 5 scudettos in a row.
Good times ahead.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I thought you were megastressed for next weekend.
I thought I would be too. But nothing today.

Will probably come later during the week, but tbh I'm much more confident for this game. No/jinx.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
No to Theo as captain. Need a calmer personality. So either Tomori or Tonali not really a fan of goalkeepers as captains. Need an outfield player who can chat to the ref and be closer to give information to our players when needed.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Eat too much so you get "stomach aches" and have to sit on the toilet for 2 hours from 6pm CET with your phone in hand... :D
Gonna bring the airpods to the wedding and stay on my phone at the table..with my plastic rma barca psg fans friends making fun of how intense i live Milan matches. But fuck em..the scudetto will make me so happy that i will end up drinking for it at the wedding

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I thought I would be too. But nothing today.

Will probably come later during the week, but tbh I'm much more confident for this game. No/jinx.
During the end of the second half the elation disappeared for me and it really dawned on me that it will probably be an even bigger task next weekend.

It feels weird to celebrate a Scudetto in this arena:

1652704588071.png

But it will probably feel perfect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule