• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
2008 Arsenal and the brave pigeons of San Siro were important for the P!rl0 groupies to wake up and see him for the FRAUD he was :o

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
I actually think Adli and Renato Sanches fit both pioli and Maldini build perfectly. I think pioli is going to continue playing his 3 man midfield, as he has been doing. With the trequartista not being a true attacking trequartista. I think both Adli and Renato for perfect there. Also they both can play multiple roles (which seems to be a pattern; Florenzi, Krunic, Kalulu, etc.) both can potentially drop to the 2 defensive mids and I’ve seen Renato play Right-midfield for Lille and he played it well. Also adli plays on the left frequently.

Adds Good depth, quality, and flexibility to our midfield line-ups.

Im going to miss kessie, but these 2 signings do make sense.

I also think we don’t need pobega next year if we keep krunic which I think makes more sense if he’s fine being low on the pecking order (although pobega kinda fits the type of player we normally sign)

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I actually think Adli and Renato Sanches fit both pioli and Maldini build perfectly. I think pioli is going to continue playing his 3 man midfield, as he has been doing. With the trequartista not being a true attacking trequartista. I think both Adli and Renato for perfect there. Also they both can play multiple roles (which seems to be a pattern; Florenzi, Krunic, Kalulu, etc.) both can potentially drop to the 2 defensive mids and I’ve seen Renato play Right-midfield for Lille and he played it well. Also adli plays on the left frequently.

Adds Good depth, quality, and flexibility to our midfield line-ups.

Im going to miss kessie, but these 2 signings do make sense.

I also think we don’t need pobega next year if we keep krunic which I think makes more sense if he’s fine being low on the pecking order (although pobega kinda fits the type of player we normally sign)
Hybrid 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, we just need better striker and rw

Midfield consist of tonali, bennacer, krunic, pobega, adli and renato sanches is very solid. Every player except pobega and renato can play both as cm/cam

Lw rebic/leao
Rw new rw/brahim/(saele/messias)
Fw new st/giroud/origi

We can also get belotti for free and focus all of our budget on rw, after giroud leave maybe maldini will try for top striker

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
look how far we've come..i fucking love MMM :proud:
FS7edgPWYAAP6qp

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You’ll see several teams in Italy try to replicate our project in the coming years, but we have a 3 year head start and the imitation is rarely as successful as the original. I feel confident that Milan is entering a dominant phase in Italy, and hopefully we will be contending for European titles in the near future.

I will admit yesterday bummed me out thinking about Kessie leaving. When he’s on, he’s something else. But, we replaced Donnarumma and the other idiot whose name I forget. He’s a much bigger loss than them, but we will make it work.

It’s going to take Juventus years to recover from their disastrous wage deals and transfers, and my hope is that Inter is sold at auction to North Korea or like Guam.
It's incredibly hard to replicate our project (Money-ball style constructed team that wins - pending Scudetto). Because if you dive a bit deeper into it, its part-Moneyball, part-youth rebuild of the team. That's whats so phenomenal about it - not only is Milan recruiting undervalued players, but most of these players are also extremely young. But the scouting and sourcing of these talents is one part, the other is to actually grow and nurture them so that they realise their potential, and thus, the potential of the team. IMO, the second part is infinitely harder than the first.

If Milan win the Scudetto, it took roughly 3 years to get back on top with this model. It has the youngest squad, 4th most valuable squad based on transfer market value, wage structure $50-100M less than rivals, etc. Most compare Milan to Ajax and Dortmund, who have won domestically in modern times, but even with its youthful squads, it would still be top 2 in terms of transfer market value and wages in their respective leagues. Essentially still a big fish in a small pond. What Milan is doing is unprecedented.

I actually don't think that Milan can even replicate what its doing now, one because of the perfect storm of conditions that have led to it operating like this, but two, because this is really just the first horizon for Milan IMO. The second horizon is retention of its core - which means that Milan will eventually go from the youngest team to a team with players in its prime, and possibly an older team as the core ages. How it reinforces the squad will be the interesting part, but hopefully we don't have to worry about that for another 5-10 years haha.

All of this reinforces to me, how special this Milan is. I think they will finish the job, but for whatever reason it cannot, it would still have been one of the most memorable seasons even surpassing some Scudetto years.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

JUVE BOOM

Pogba, Perisic, Di Maria. No green line, a great ex and two over 30s are blocked. The initial plans change, Allegri wants ready-made samples.
They had a great opportunity to invest in youth and plan for the future. Great that they are going for the short term fixes. Pogba is great if you pair him with other world class players.. if you pair him with the likes of Fred or with Rabiot, he will fail.
Perisic and Di Maria are good in the short term.
Does it mean they are not gonna redeem Chiesa?

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

For Juventus, this is a friendly match

Kinda wasting time for Lazio.

One thing:
Is Chiellini can be described as a great player?
The way i see it, He is only the right man on the right formation. Conte's 3 line.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
It's incredibly hard to replicate our project (Money-ball style constructed team that wins - pending Scudetto). Because if you dive a bit deeper into it, its part-Moneyball, part-youth rebuild of the team. That's whats so phenomenal about it - not only is Milan recruiting undervalued players, but most of these players are also extremely young. But the scouting and sourcing of these talents is one part, the other is to actually grow and nurture them so that they realise their potential, and thus, the potential of the team. IMO, the second part is infinitely harder than the first.

If Milan win the Scudetto, it took roughly 3 years to get back on top with this model. It has the youngest squad, 4th most valuable squad based on transfer market value, wage structure $50-100M less than rivals, etc. Most compare Milan to Ajax and Dortmund, who have won domestically in modern times, but even with its youthful squads, it would still be top 2 in terms of transfer market value and wages in their respective leagues. Essentially still a big fish in a small pond. What Milan is doing is unprecedented.

I actually don't think that Milan can even replicate what its doing now, one because of the perfect storm of conditions that have led to it operating like this, but two, because this is really just the first horizon for Milan IMO. The second horizon is retention of its core - which means that Milan will eventually go from the youngest team to a team with players in its prime, and possibly an older team as the core ages. How it reinforces the squad will be the interesting part, but hopefully we don't have to worry about that for another 5-10 years haha.

All of this reinforces to me, how special this Milan is. I think they will finish the job, but for whatever reason it cannot, it would still have been one of the most memorable seasons even surpassing some Scudetto years.
I agree and I give Maldini huge props, but a lot of this scouting is done by moncada. He did it with Monaco, and he’s doing a lot of work behind the scenes with us now. Hopefully he stays.

I remember rumors in the summer that he was going to leave to become a head sporting director at another club but haven’t heard anything lately

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
I understand hating united, liverpool, inter, real, bayern, juve, barca and psg/city/cheslea (for their spendings)..
But Arsenal?? They are just like everyone's fave little brother. They should never be hated on
In my country, very few follow Serie A.. most are PL fans or RM/Barca fan boys.. so I hate PL clubs more than I hate Juve/Inter because in school and college, every time Milan lost, i had to endure taunts from PL fans.. always bitching about PL >>> Serie A without watching a single Serie A game.. that Arsenal defeat hurt the most because I was so sure of us winning the San Siro game and bragged a lot about CL DNA and got roasted afterwards.. i hate United the most because I watched the 3-2 and 4-0 defeats in 2010 in college surrounded by United fans..
It might be different for you people in other places where there are lots of Juve and Inter fans... but atleast for me, PL clubs are the most hated ones

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

One thing:
The way i see it, He is only the right man on the right formation. Conte's 3 line.

Even the little girl looks fed up with lesbian crying

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

One thing:

A backline of Skriniar- Materazzi - Chiellini with Gasperini as coach ... Greatest scumbag line up of all time

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nothing to disagree with here. The perfect storm indeed.

It’s one of the reasons I want to continue with Elliott, or at the very least with the same executives and plan. We don’t need 100M + markets, we have an incredible core in place. Just keep adding to it and growing until the squad peaks.

My hope is that significant investment is eventually planned for the primavera. I don’t think it’s something we’ve been able to do because the first team has required almost all available resources, but for continuity it would be great to have some talent flowing through.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with the club’s wages. My expectation is that the wage caps will rise as our current squad matures, but we won’t be participating in 100M + “free signings” on 60M/year deals like Haaland. That’s silly and frankly it isn’t Milan. I hope a reasonable wage scale + the appeal of Milan will keep the core together and continue to attract quality players.

I just cannot imagine that THIS team may have Sanches, Botman, Adli, and Origi next season. I mean, wow.

Finally, Kessie…. What in the name of god were you thinking :(

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Maignan
Gabriel
Tata

Calabria
Florenzi
Tomori
Botman
Kalulu
Kjaer
Gabbia
Theo Hernandez

Bennacer
Tonali
Renato Sanches
Adli
Krunic
Brahim Diaz

Saelemakers
Berardi
Leao
Rebic

Origi
Giroud
Belotti

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

#daPlan

Dravidian

Primavera
Reaction score
Maignan
Gabriel
Tata

Calabria
Florenzi
Tomori
Botman
Kalulu
Kjaer
Gabbia
Theo Hernandez

Bennacer
Tonali
Renato Sanches
Adli
Krunic
Brahim Diaz

Saelemakers
Berardi
Leao
Rebic

Origi
Giroud
Belotti

You're probably counting Gabriel as Milan grown. But he is not even Italy grown. Not sure why those rumours of him joining us have been floated around recently.

There are not a lot of Milan grown players even good enough to be bench players that we can shop for. So it's going to be a challenge to fill those 4 slots. We might as well let Gabbia et al go and get some playing time elsewhere - while we manage with a smaller squad + primavera kids as emergency cover if needed. That's assuming we don't go for the likes of Cristante , Verdi, De Sciglio, Petagna etc.

Pobega might have a role with us - not sure we need both Krunic & him though.

Last edited:

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
The greatest element about Milan’s strategy with MMM is that unlike previous directors there is no trying to fit square pegs in round holes. They seek out the right profile that fits the role required.

In essence it is sheer common sense and intelligent scouting that’s it. You have a mix of youth and experience. The team has grown the experienced players got to see they still have a lot to contribute and the younger players have grown and learned as a result.

It is just a natural order which is why even with a huge budget MMM will still use theirs intelligence rather than pure spending power.

It will be the right profile and character of player. Superstars or primadonna’s will be avoided to keep the spirit, unity and squad development as progressive/productive as possible.

A truly great achievement whatever happens next Sunday.

But I really want that Scudetto and I know the team can bring it back to Milan. Forza Milan! Forza Lo Scudetto!

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Arsenal will likely miss out on top 4. This means that Jesus will probably not be keen on going there. Why would he downgrade from a team that is fighting for the CL title and is winning domestic trophies each season to a club that can't even quality for the CL groups? 1 year left of contract, big Milan fan, guaranteed starting spot at RW/CF. No reason to not come to Milan if we can satisfy City's demands.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
What a time to be alive.

@wokegiant described perfectly why this is so special and so rare in football. Ever since Maldini at the threat of getting fired started building with a completely different approach.

If we win the Scudetto this would be a perfect culmination of the start of this journey. Even with the title in the bag, there is the goal of acquiring two stars, and of competing in the CL. Many new hills to conquer.

Being at RnB has undoubtedly enriched the experience of being a fan for me. So glad I joined.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You're probably counting Gabriel as Milan grown. But he is not even Italy grown. Not sure why those rumours of him joining us have been floated around recently.

There are not a lot of Milan grown players even good enough to be bench players that we can shop for. So it's going to be a challenge to fill those 4 slots. We might as well let Gabbia et al go and get some playing time elsewhere - while we manage with a smaller squad + primavera kids as emergency cover if needed. That's assuming we don't go for the likes of Cristante , Verdi, De Sciglio, Petagna etc.

Pobega might have a role with us - not sure we need both Krunic & him though.
I think there’s more than enough room. Pobega, Krunic, Adli, Renato, Tonali, Bennacer and Brahim all sharing 3 roles, with a couple of them able to fill in elsewhere too in an emergency. That’s 2.33 per role, which is normal for a side challenging for everything. As long as they’re all good enough to play, that’s all that matters.m
The four Milan players are most likely going to be Plizzari, Calabria, Pobega and maybe Gabbia. Ideally our backup goalkeepers both take up a Milan or at least an Italian slot (or technically we don’t waste one of our 17 on a backup keeper). Plizzari is useful here, but like you said Gabriel doesn’t apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule