The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
about Italian player being poorer athletes.

i think it's purely cultural.
every country has it's view of what are the criterias of a good footballer and that's dictated by criteria of former greats.
it's not a coincidence that the Agueros, Tevez, Messi, Lautaro, Dybala most recently Julian Alvarez and more all look like copies of Maradona ... by stature and/or style.
even their mids and defenders are not far from that built/style ...smaller and gritty

when a country has in their subconscious mind that "this" is the prototype of what a top footballer will be. they would subconsciously in academies or even at higher level be drawned more to those player while accepting less players of a different built/style.
and it also trickles further down in the reservoir of talent (streets) ... as a lot kids of a certain built would naturally be interested in other sports or none at all.

Italy has always had smaller technical players. so a lot kids that are too far from that prototype, maybe a bit too big, too stiff and less technical (donkeys lol), were being rejected in academies ... or even not develop an appetite for this sport because according to society they are built for maybe Tennis or swimming or boxing.

and knowing how Italy is allergic to change, even shit that clearly don't work. they're gonna keep producing Berardis for a few more years...

made me realize that even at youth level, Milan is shopping mostly abroad or foreigners , Roback, Traore, Kerkez, Pfetis, Nsiala, Cathal Heffernan....players with important athletic capabilities
I don’t want this to become a debate on race, but I think that has a factor to play as well.

France and England have far more black players, who are in general just way more athletically gifted. The NBA is a good example of this.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Former member of CONI committee Franco Chimenti says Italy still have a chance to play in the World Cup if Ecuador are banned: ‘It’s more concrete than what people think.’
If this happens, mark my words, they'll go on to win the damn thing!

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
I bet AC Milan's youtube channel is preparing for the most insane 'behind the scenes video for the Sassuolo game.

How surreal is it that we are favourites for the Scudetto with one game left to play? We weren't even among the favourites at the beginning of this season as we shipped off two of our best players even though both turned out to be venomous snakes.

This Scudetto means so much for this Milan side. AC Milan has been talked of as a sleeping legend, and most people thought we'd never wake up again. Although our team is nothing compared to our historical teams, it has so much character and potential.

Crazy how good results we've achieved with 9 players on the field for almost the entire season. Inter must feel exactly the same way as we did back in 2011/12 when a weaker Juve side won the Scudetto ahead of us. Hopefully, we'll be as dominant as Juve was the years afterwards.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
“We have nothing to lose and we have the qualities to create problems for Milan,” the coach continued.

“We play attacking football, like Milan, which can be dangerous with counter-attacks and transitions.

“We need to have the right approach because Milan won’t get it wrong.
Is he taking the piss? We're not this good.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Is he taking the piss? We're not this good.
The table says otherwise. And, if we look at the last 4 games it was deemed our final 5 games were by far the toughest of us, Inter, and Napoli in fighting for the Scudetto. Yet our mentality has carried us a long way to beat Lazio, Verona, Fiorentina, and Atalanta. On paper we may not be the best team but as a squad we definitely refuse to give up.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I don’t want this to become a debate on race, but I think that has a factor to play as well.

France and England have far more black players, who are in general just way more athletically gifted. The NBA is a good example of this.
Disagree bro plus it depends on your definition of 'athletic' but if speed and power were indicators then according to this list of the fastest players in 2022...

1. Davies - Black
2. Hakimi - Arab
3. Haaland - White
4. Mbappe - Black/Arab
5. Walker - Black/White
6. Abumeyang - Black
7. Traore - Black
8. Sane - Black/White
9. Salah - Arab
10. Coman - Black

Also, if you look at last year's Ballon d'Or nominees, the number of black players nominated for football's premier prize were few and far between. Out of 30 players nominated, only Kante, Mbappe, Sterling, Lukaku + Neymar had black heritage whereas the highest ranked black player was Kante (#5).

Lastly, looking at boxing's latest top 10 p4p list, only two black fighters (Crawford + Spence) are listed amongst the world's best whereas the rest of the list is made up of white, asian & hispanic fighters. In other words, as I like to remind my black friends, black domination in sport is OFFICIALLY OVER! :lol:

PS: Nobody gives a fuck about basketball outside of the US (ditto for baseball + american football)!

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
The mentality of this group + the solid defence + the ability to bring in Rebic Bennacer Ibra Florenzi reassures me.

Little worries. I hope a decent Calabria shows up + that Maxime Lopez kid. Nobody mentions him but he’s trouble.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Disagree bro plus it depends on your definition of 'athletic' but if speed and power were indicators then according to this list of the fastest players in 2022...

1. Davies - Black
2. Hakimi - Arab
3. Haaland - White
4. Mbappe - Black/Arab
5. Walker - Black/White
6. Abumeyang - Black
7. Traore - Black
8. Sane - Black/White
9. Salah - Arab
10. Coman - Black

Also, if you look at last year's Ballon d'Or nominees, the number of black players nominated for football's premier prize were few and far between. Out of 30 players nominated, only Kante, Mbappe, Sterling, Lukaku + Neymar had black heritage whereas the highest ranked black player was Kante (#5).

Lastly, looking at boxing's latest top 10 p4p list, only two black fighters (Crawford + Spence) are listed amongst the world's best whereas the rest of the list is made up of white, asian & hispanic fighters. In other words, as I like to remind my black friends, black domination in sport is OFFICIALLY OVER! :lol:

PS: Nobody gives a fuck about basketball outside of the US (ditto for baseball + american football)!
So except Haaland no one else is white, right? Mixed aside. Doesn’t this kind of strengthen the point? I guess rather than black, the correct word to use is not white

I don’t want to look at Ballon d’or, as that is a political circus

I also don’t have any interest in the NBA, just using it as an example

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

I should have said “mainly” instead of “purely”cultural. Though I still think that’s the main reason.
Obviously there are many reasons.

But even besides black players, I’m sure there are some Athletic, tall, strong, fast white Italians maybe less technical than the smaller players but since culturally, the smaller technical player is the prototype of what’s more in line with the idea of a good player, so players not close to that are deemed not good enough “he can run and is strong but can’t play, he should try track, tennis, rugby, boxing… ”

Luckily for them, it’s becoming impossible to be great without athleticism. so this reality will force that cultural change…they can’t hide anymore.
And Milan,low key is a catalyst…when for the next 2-3 years our players will be running circles around teams like Theo and Leao are doing they’ll all start to look for better athletes.

Also through image (idols), more kids that are maybe 8-10 right now are looking at this team that will probably dominate the league for a while will be modelling their games on The Theo’s, Leaos, Tomoris, Maignan. So maybe in 5-10 years those generations will probably produce better athletes.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
La Repubblica report that presuming that they get over the line, each Milan player will apparently collect around €200,000 as a bonus for their hard work throughout the season.

Kessie aka Cashie MoTM performance loading ....

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
So except Haaland no one else is white, right? Mixed aside. Doesn’t this kind of strengthen the point? I guess rather than black, the correct word to use is not white

I don’t want to look at Ballon d’or, as that is a political circus

I also don’t have any interest in the NBA, just using it as an example
If you're talking about purely white players, then yes Haaland is the only one in the top 10 (although 2 others have 50% white ancestry). However, you originally said that blacks are way more athletically gifted which is simply not true as based on the top 10 quickest players list, there's 4 blacks, 2 arabs, 1 white and 3 half black/half white/arab players so the black athletic DOMINATION of the past simply doesn't hold true anymore.

In other words, let's disregard the 30% mixed race players as their ancestry is equally black/non-black which leaves a list comprising of 40% black + 30% non-black players so it's fairly even split.

Last edited:

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

I want these hold-up plays, receiving the ball in the deep, quick vertical and lateral passing, aerial ability, shooting technique. Maldini ples. Secure the dude and let him ‘chill’ in our last game.

Damn. He looks so good. Like, he's got everything we need for a CF position (he's even fulfilled the BS Italian quota)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn. He looks so good. Like, he's got everything we need for a CF position (he's even fulfilled the BS Italian quota)
Just don't gift him all the room he had in the 1st leg. One of his best goals this season. But it must also been said he had plenty of time and not even one defender blocking the line to the goal. It was like a free kick without a wall in front of him.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Agreed...look how deep he drifts and the quality of his link-up play coupled with his physique and outstanding Serie A goals/assists ratio he'd fit this team like a glove. I have a feeling that this is the exact type of striker that MMM have been targeting since day one following the Ibra, Giroud + Pellegri signings.

Berardi + Scamacca double deal INCOMING (IF they have the worst game of their lives on Sunday :lol:)

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
If you're talking about purely white players, then yes Haaland is the only one in the top 10 (although 2 others have 50% white ancestry). However, you originally said that blacks are way more athletically gifted which is simply not true as based on the top 10 quickest players list, there's 4 blacks, 2 arabs, 1 white and 3 half black/half white/arab players so the black athletic DOMINATION of the past simply doesn't hold true anymore.

In other words, let's disregard the 30% mixed race players as their ancestry is equally black/non-black which leaves a list comprising of 40% black + 30% non-black players so it's fairly even split.
Fair enough!

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I should have said “mainly” instead of “purely”cultural. Though I still think that’s the main reason.
Obviously there are many reasons.

But even besides black players, I’m sure there are some Athletic, tall, strong, fast white Italians maybe less technical than the smaller players but since culturally, the smaller technical player is the prototype of what’s more in line with the idea of a good player, so players not close to that are deemed not good enough “he can run and is strong but can’t play, he should try track, tennis, rugby, boxing… ”

Luckily for them, it’s becoming impossible to be great without athleticism. so this reality will force that cultural change…they can’t hide anymore.
And Milan,low key is a catalyst…when for the next 2-3 years our players will be running circles around teams like Theo and Leao are doing they’ll all start to look for better athletes.

Also through image (idols), more kids that are maybe 8-10 right now are looking at this team that will probably dominate the league for a while will be modelling their games on The Theo’s, Leaos, Tomoris, Maignan. So maybe in 5-10 years those generations will probably produce better athletes.
I fully agree with the “prototype” point, you have worded it well. This makes complete sense.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Scamacca and Origi doesn't make much sense. I really doubt we're getting anyone other than Origi (Maybe Belotti just because he's free).

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

There are extensive studies about white kids in USA are not generally pushed towards Basketball, so that's a false narrative that black players are more athletic. In Europe basketball is played more by "white" kids, but still only a fraction of the kids go to b-ball compared to football.

Look at Rugby, which is predominantly a "white" sport, that doesn't mean white players are more athletic that black players.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Scamacca and Origi doesn't make much sense. I really doubt we're getting anyone other than Origi (Maybe Belotti just because he's free).
I wonder what’s happening to Lazetic. I’ve heard almost nothing about him, I hope he’s not a dud

Pato was tearing it up in training at a similar age

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
My input to this discussion:

Besides @Fabio who has proven it, none of us are athletic as we sit behind a keyboard all day discussing random shit like race impact on athleticism instead of bettering ourselves physically until we can transform into Ibrahimovic-like specimen and play for AC Milan even in our aging years with this new-found strength, tenacity, and technical ability.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
My input to this discussion:

Besides @Fabio who has proven it, none of us are athletic as we sit behind a keyboard all day discussing random shit like race impact on athleticism instead of bettering ourselves physically until we can transform into Ibrahimovic-like specimen and play for AC Milan even in our aging years with this new-found strength, tenacity, and technical ability.
Lol speak for yourself PENGUIN...

51736cdbfda23525f221b8e6e94d868e.jpg

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
he looks a lot like Ibra at juve, less agility, less strength and flashy moves, but other than that, they are quite similar

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Not only is he the most athletic player in the sport but Theo is also
-the most handsome
-the fastest and strongest
-the most daring and most bold
-the most clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.