-the fastest and strongest
-the most daring and most bold
-the most clutch
Surprised you forgot "-the most Spanish" :D

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
"The Rossoneri have a better head-to-head record against their city rivals this term, meaning they’d win their first Scudetto in 11 years if they end the season level on points with Inter."

Surely we can manage at least a draw and avoid losing against shitty Sassuolo this weekend who have nothing to play for.
Their attack is anything but shit. On their day, they're dangerous. Let's hope they don't give a shit, as they've essentially nothing to play for.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Is Theo faster than Leao?
Probably I guess.
Leao might have better acceleration tho

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Probably I guess.
People say we are ahead in the title race because our players are fast and Serie A players typically aren't. Leao, Theo, Tomori, Kalulu. All fast players. Speed does so much for us in these phases of the game.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
about Italian player being poorer athletes.

i think it's purely cultural.
every country has it's view of what are the criterias of a good footballer and that's dictated by criteria of former greats.
it's not a coincidence that the Agueros, Tevez, Messi, Lautaro, Dybala most recently Julian Alvarez and more all look like copies of Maradona ... by stature and/or style.
even their mids and defenders are not far from that built/style ...smaller and gritty

when a country has in their subconscious mind that "this" is the prototype of what a top footballer will be. they would subconsciously in academies or even at higher level be drawned more to those player while accepting less players of a different built/style.
and it also trickles further down in the reservoir of talent (streets) ... as a lot kids of a certain built would naturally be interested in other sports or none at all.

Italy has always had smaller technical players. so a lot kids that are too far from that prototype, maybe a bit too big, too stiff and less technical (donkeys lol), were being rejected in academies ... or even not develop an appetite for this sport because according to society they are built for maybe Tennis or swimming or boxing.

and knowing how Italy is allergic to change, even shit that clearly don't work. they're gonna keep producing Berardis for a few more years...

made me realize that even at youth level, Milan is shopping mostly abroad or foreigners , Roback, Traore, Kerkez, Pfetis, Nsiala, Cathal Heffernan....players with important athletic capabilities
I don´t agree that Italy featured small players that much, especially for a country with a very wild mix and distribution of body types. There were always small players but they always made sure that there was a good supply of above average height guys.
Of course small, average and tall are a bit subjective as well. To me someone who is close to 1,80 isn't small and someone who is over 1,85 is above average, despite myself almost measuring 2m.

Traditionally Italian football featured, apart from tactics, technique, physical toughness but also a lot of endurance (!). Top speed was probably underdeveloped, but overall athleticism definitely not. Here we also come into the definition of athletic, to me athleticism is endurance, strength, agility and speed combined. Someone like Ibra is god level, someone like Tonali or Barella on a very high level.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion, people, especially non-Milan supporters are underestimating the importance of our free flowing, zone-oriented, total football approach. Speed helps a ton as well, but it not only shift and break like some prime Mou teams, more manipulating the opponent into form. Because of that I could see someone like Berardi doing well too, as he has a good positional awareness and likes to rotate ... as long as we don't have too many slower attackers on the field at the same time.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you're talking about purely white players, then yes Haaland is the only one in the top 10 (although 2 others have 50% white ancestry). However, you originally said that blacks are way more athletically gifted which is simply not true as based on the top 10 quickest players list, there's 4 blacks, 2 arabs, 1 white and 3 half black/half white/arab players so the black athletic DOMINATION of the past simply doesn't hold true anymore.

In other words, let's disregard the 30% mixed race players as their ancestry is equally black/non-black which leaves a list comprising of 40% black + 30% non-black players so it's fairly even split.

I think that top 10 list is not accurate. For example there are quite a few faster players than Salah that are not on the list, for example Theo and Tomori, Vinicius......,

Also if the list has 40% black players you also have to look at the populations of the European countries. In most of western Europe the vast majority of the population is white. So if all races were equally athletic / good at football then the proportion of top / fast football players from each race would be similar to the their proportion of the general population. Then it seems that European footballers of Black / Arab race are a much higher proportion of footballers than their proportion of the general European population.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Probably I guess.
Leao has a better first step for sure

the hesitation to the inside and one or two big steps can always get him past a defender

Theo is a freight train that builds speed and then is gone

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Ignazio La Russa, political leader and big fan of Inter, at Sportitalia let himself go to some questionable statements: "The numbers say that Inter have two points less because they played a game at the wrong time due to the coronavirus . Milan wins because of the coronavirus "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merda fans never cease to amaze me :lol:
I really hope we've got our second star with 30+ points difference, so we can enjoy many more weird and unthinkable arguments like this.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I really hope we've got our second star with 30+ points difference, so we can enjoy many more weird and unthinkable arguments like this.
If anything, I'd take that for our blood pressures. Can't be having seasons like this.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I don’t want this to become a debate on race, but I think that has a factor to play as well.

France and England have far more black players, who are in general just way more athletically gifted. The NBA is a good example of this.
Yes but Wales also produced Giggs and Bale, England Kane, pre-injury Owen, Gerrard; Germany had Ballack, Klinsmann, Klose, Neuer, the Dutch Van Basten, Overmars Robben
Italy has never had overly physical players - They truly are the master of tactics with a few technically competent to gifted players sprinkled in.

I would go with Rossoneri's cultural argument and Kojak added a few good ones in Buffon, Vieri and young Zambrotta and Tonali
- Was gonna thumbs up that post but he had Calabria

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think that top 10 list is not accurate. For example there are quite a few faster players than Salah that are not on the list, for example Theo and Tomori, Vinicius......,

Also if the list has 40% black players you also have to look at the populations of the European countries. In most of western Europe the vast majority of the population is white. So if all races were equally athletic / good at football then the proportion of top / fast football players from each race would be similar to the their proportion of the general population. Then it seems that European footballers of Black / Arab race are a much higher proportion of footballers than their proportion of the general European population.
The list is based on the fastest players officially clocked in 2022. As for the rest of your argument, it's not that straightforward as ethnic minorities in European countries tend to gravitate towards sport due to self-proclaimed discrimination in education and employment. Regardless, football is a global sport with plenty of top black players from Lukaku to Mane to Koulibaly to Osimhen. However, they're poorly represented at the pinnacle of the sport i.e. Ballon d'Or (only 5 of last year's 30 nominees had black ancestry) plus no African team has ever surpassed the QF's of the World Cup despite extensive experience in top European leagues.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Probably I guess.
Going off the CL stats its Tomori, Theo, Rafa iirc - Rafa never ever seems to be running full out though but I agree with you on the faster acceleration.

Theo may lose the 40 yd or 60m but I think he would beat both in 100 and 200

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
The two sessions of Rumour commode on fire 2022/23 The Federal Council voted: From Friday 1 July to Thursday 1 September 2022 for the summer session and from Monday 2 January to Tuesday 31 January 2023 for the winter session.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Sheva and in particular Weah's goals are more impressive because the level of competition in that era was far greater. However, they were both strikers whereas Theo is a DEFENDER which evens things out...

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score

A lot has changed since this game. We are unbeaten for 15 consecutive games. Our defence is much better now. Their players will want to show themselves in the best possible way ,because it's important match for us.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
4 days to go to the season finale I don’t care about the score line another clean sheet would be excellent and above all 3 points.

I hope the players ignore all the goading and taunting from Sassuolo or inter. Stay focused and just play like champions they have earned this. Forza Milan!

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

A lot has changed since this game. We are unbeaten for 15 consecutive games. Our defence is much better now. Their players will want to show themselves in the best possible way ,because it's important match for us.

Most importantly Romagnoli and Bakayoko will not be on the field from the start

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The list is based on the fastest players officially clocked in 2022. As for the rest of your argument, it's not that straightforward as ethnic minorities in European countries tend to gravitate towards sport due to self-proclaimed discrimination in education and employment. Regardless, football is a global sport with plenty of top black players from Lukaku to Mane to Koulibaly to Osimhen. However, they're poorly represented at the pinnacle of the sport i.e. Ballon d'Or (only 5 of last year's 30 nominees had black ancestry) plus no African team has ever surpassed the QF's of the World Cup despite extensive experience in top European leagues.

Football isn't just about athleticism. Messi has 6 golden balls but he's definitely not the most athletic / strong player. The African countries don't really have the same sports infrastructure as Europe. Plus those countries do much better in pure athletics like in the Olympics.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
If we draw and Inter win, so we both finish even and we win Scudetto due to H2H...

Is Tata the reason we won? That penalty save in the first leg? He is an unsung hero.
id argue its Samu and his 2 assists vs Hellas/Daniel with his goal vs Spezia. Both of those gave us crucial points, without them h2h wouldn't have mattered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule