The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would Juve sign Di Maria with Chiesa in that position? Perhaps his recovery is not progressing as well as expected? I get that they are adding a good player but this Bosman and high wages strategy has not worked well in the past. I believe Di Maria is set to earn 7-8 million.
Di Maria is a top player though (at least he was, not following PSG closely, except to laugh at Dollar)

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Di Maria is a top player though (at least he was, not following PSG closely, except to laugh at Dollar)

4 goals in 30 apps, 5 in 43 last year. That’s mostly in Ligue 1 comps. He was a top player for a long time but might go to Juve rejuvenated?

I just don’t get blocking a young and expensive player with an old and expensive player.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I saw that. 20m plus 2m in bonuses, to be honest, that seems too low, especially considering how much revenue we bring in to Puma.
What do they get for Wefox on the back of the kit? They need one on the sleeve too lol.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Why would Juve sign Di Maria with Chiesa in that position? Perhaps his recovery is not progressing as well as expected? I get that they are adding a good player but this Bosman and high wages strategy has not worked well in the past. I believe Di Maria is set to earn 7-8 million.
Who plays on the other wing?

Di Maria can play both wings and it makes sense to have good cover and also not rush Chiesa who even if all goes well may have another injury compensating.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
See this is where the debate becomes really murky which I knew would happen i.e. black players are stronger, quicker etc whereas white players are more intelligent + skilful (hence Messi + CR7's recent domination) which I don't agree with either. Re Olympics, African countries tend to dominate the long distance events due to their wiry frames + stamina but are nowhere to be seen in strength events like weightlifting, hammer, javelin + discus etc.

Anyway, if you look at the most popular sports in the world besides football i.e. rugby, cricket, hockey, boxing, MMA and tennis, black athletes don't dominate a single sport besides basketball. However, they definitely hold their own in most of the aforementioned sports and have produced some of the greatest athletes to have ever lived but certainly don't dominate. In other words, they're not athletically superior.

Football intelligence doesn't have anything to do with real world intelligence, which imo is something that shouldn't be forgotten.
A lot more white (aspiring) pro players come from countries with a tactical focus in football, usually European.

Black athletes are pretty strong in boxing though, not dominating like in some athletics but that's also not really possible in boxing.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don’t see why Origi and Scamacca wouldn’t make sense

If we let Zlatan and Ante go which is the likeliest scenario, they’re both good replacements - we get a mobile CF that can play on the wing too & fits the system, plus the younger, faster target man that we lack in the current team. Ideally we’d only have one dinosaur not two again next year.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What do they get for Wefox on the back of the kit? They need one on the sleeve too lol.
Bitmex: Am I a joke to you?

AC-Milan-x-BitMEX-Graphic-1020x574.jpg

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need to be looking at a minimum of 90-100 million from shirt sponsors

- 40 mil shirt maker
- 40 million main sponsor
- 15-20 million sleeve/back sponsor etc

We don’t have EPL level eyeballs, but a strong Milan is easily a top 6-7 watched side
In 2016, we were still a top 10 selling shirt in the world. That's deep banter era. Considering we get more special edition gear than City, and sell those items out fast, apparently even that Puma x Nemen 4th kit sold really well.

If I was Gazidis, I would be insulted by that offer. Adidas paid 23-25m in a deal that was signed like 10 years ago.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Don’t see why Origi and Scamacca wouldn’t make sense

If we let Zlatan and Ante go which is the likeliest scenario, they’re both good replacements - we get a mobile CF that can play on the wing too & fits the system, plus the younger, faster target man that we lack in the current team. Ideally we’d only have one dinosaur not two again next year.
What's the reason for letting Ante go again?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

That too, but who else do they have besides chiesa for that spot? Signing di maria for free is a no brainer

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Football intelligence doesn't have anything to do with real world intelligence, which imo is something that shouldn't be forgotten.
A lot more white (aspiring) pro players come from countries with a tactical focus in football, usually European.

Black athletes are pretty strong in boxing though, not dominating like in some athletics but that's also not really possible in boxing.
Blacks used to dominate boxing up until the turn of the century but things have changed and only 2 of the world's top 10 p4p fighters are black. The rest are either white, asian or hispanic so the era of black dominance in boxing is officially over.

Anyway, I only care about a player's level of talent not their skin colour and don't believe that any race is superior/inferior at anything be it intelligence, sports, looks etc.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's the reason for letting Ante go again?
The fact that he’s one of the highest earners and has become so injury prone that he only really plays like 1/4 of the time if that

He’s one of my favs but he’d have to take a big pay cut and have some bonuses related to minutes he plays because he’s only getting older and missing too much time

I also read some Milan staff not being super happy with how ante twice reported an injury which then turned out to be nothing following tests and in both cases it was pretty last minute and he obviously didn’t make the squad

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,

Di Maria can play both wings and it makes sense to have good cover and also not rush Chiesa who even if all goes well may have another injury compensating.

He rarely plays on the left and his performances there are generally far worse. I don’t really care about the signing, I just question the logic given how many times this strategy has failed for them.

It’s a very very expensive way to cover the wing.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The fact that he’s one of the highest earners and has become so injury prone that he only really plays like 1/4 of the time if that

He’s one of my favs but he’d have to take a big pay cut and have some bonuses related to minutes he plays because he’s only getting older and missing too much time
Ante must stay. There are other players who need to go. He was injured and out of form. But we see last few games that he can offer a lot. Ante's grinta against Lazio can be crucial moment of this year.

Leao is unmovable at RW, but you need to have quality replacement and Ante is that. If we aim for trophies Ante must stay.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
According to the latest from La Gazzetta dello Sport (via Francesco Nasato), Milan will earn around €5m per year from the sponsorship deal they have signed with BitMEX.
and Wefox pays somewhere between 6 and 8 mil according to Calcio e Finanza

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That too, but who else do they have besides chiesa for that spot? Signing di maria for free is a no brainer

I guess but that’s what they said about Ramsey, Rabiot, Can, the Arthur “swap”, they used to do good bosman deals but lately they have done some poor business overall.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
He rarely plays on the left and his performances there are generally far worse. I don’t really care about the signing, I just question the logic given how many times this strategy has failed for them.

It’s a very very expensive way to cover the wing.
I'm going off when he played for Real and Argentina.

I don't follow PSG. He is the type of player that coasts along and when asked / needed steps up.

For a club like Juve this doesn't seem a big issue that will only be a positive for them.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Forzaaaa Milaan Aleeee
Are Sass trying to give us a reason to want to destroy them?

If I was worried about the boys thinking they made it with the celebrations at San Siro (I know, last game at San Siro, say goodbye to the fans, but I'm nervous man)--but these Sass boys are begging for a beating now.

Leao plays better when he's mad, you done fucked up.
we always play too relaxed when we are over confident.
I want us to go in with the same intensity as we did vs Liverpool.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
In 2016, we were still a top 10 selling shirt in the world. That's deep banter era. Considering we get more special edition gear than City, and sell those items out fast, apparently even that Puma x Nemen 4th kit sold really well.

If I was Gazidis, I would be insulted by that offer. Adidas paid 23-25m in a deal that was signed like 10 years ago.
Puma can gtfo with their lowball offer, i would like us go back to adidas

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Allegri likes to play Morata as their LW a la Mandzu, or, when he plays a 442 with Dybala and Vlahovic up top, he puts Rabiot there with Cuadrado on the other side. He's also used Berna a lot on the wings.

But he's played a lot of different formations the last 2 months. 352, 442, 4231, 433, it seems he has been using the implosion of Atalanta, Roma, and Lazio in the race for 4th to start experimenting with what he wants to do next.

Funny thing is, other than the game against Inter (in Serie A, not Coppa final) regardless of formation, they played like shit. If Juve played like they did against Inter, I would look over my shoulder at them. But all Allegri learned was that he lost one game by playing proactively so he won't do that again.

Juve have the resources and ownership to back them, but with Allegri in control and Arrivabene as CEO, they look poised to be shit. Arrivabene's time at Ferrari was defined by mismanagement and errors. I hope he continues that with Juve, but it'd be nice to have them get to CL semis and finals, where we beat them, so we can get bigger Serie A tv deals.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Blacks used to dominate boxing up until the turn of the century but things have changed and only 2 of the world's top 10 p4p fighters are black. The rest are either white, asian or hispanic so the era of black dominance in boxing is officially over.

Anyway, I only care about a player's level of talent not their skin colour and don't believe that any race is superior/inferior at anything be it intelligence, sports, looks etc.
Football and basketball affords them money and easier life than boxing. Most of the US boxers now are people that couldn't make it at other sports and then take up boxing late.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forzaaaa Milaan Aleeee

we always play too relaxed when we are over confident.
I want us to go in with the same intensity as we did vs Liverpool.
It's unlikely because every game seems like a struggle, but it would be nice if it was just 4-0 easy win for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule