Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
We need to be looking at a minimum of 90-100 million from shirt sponsors

- 40 mil shirt maker
- 40 million main sponsor
- 15-20 million sleeve/back sponsor etc

We don’t have EPL level eyeballs, but a strong Milan is easily a top 6-7 watched side

Liverpool Nike deal appears to be 70+ million. Can’t compete with EPL but we should aim for at least 50% of that IMO. 20 feels too low.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What have they said/done?
Their coach has been talking about how they want to win, which is normal, people are accusing Sass of not caring, so he's being a professional.

But Sassuolo's CEO has been chirping about his players and just said Leao wouldn't get into his starting XI.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and Wefox pays somewhere between 6 and 8 mil according to Calcio e Finanza
After all the new deals maybe they'll be looking at making around 50m or so a year from everybody on the kit. That's not including sponsorship deals that don't involve the kit. With attendance going up and revenue from the CL and Serie A it's going in a good direction.

Soon there will be a new stadium as well which will be a game changer.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Their coach has been talking about how they want to win, which is normal, people are accusing Sass of not caring, so he's being a professional.

But Sassuolo's CEO has been chirping about his players and just said Leao wouldn't get into his starting XI.

Hahaha that’s so perfect. We need to score the first goal and just take away any remnants of motivation that they might have.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Liverpool Nike deal appears to be 70+ million. Can’t compete with EPL but we should aim for at least 50% of that IMO. 20 feels too low.
Puma lost the Italy shirt to adidas, the only other club they have in Italy is Sassuolo. They invest heavily in Ferrari, they are now the official ball sponsor for Serie A, they clearly see Italy as a priority, but are losing key pieces.

Inter and Nike are having problems, Inter even signed a Montcler endorsement deal which really pissed off Nike.

If I'm Gazidis, I would see what Nike thinks about all this. 22m is insulting.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
In 2016, we were still a top 10 selling shirt in the world. That's deep banter era. Considering we get more special edition gear than City, and sell those items out fast, apparently even that Puma x Nemen 4th kit sold really well.

If I was Gazidis, I would be insulted by that offer. Adidas paid 23-25m in a deal that was signed like 10 years ago.
I bought a de sciglio jersey around the same time.

Atrocious decision in hindsight, but the pickings were slim in peak banter era.

I’m certainly buying a 22/23 home kit though, looks fantastic.

I’ve historically only bought CB jerseys - leaning Kalulu this year, but a Tomori one would be nice to spite premier league fans. Tonali and Leao are super tempting as well, though. I bet they give Leao the #7 with his new deal

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Hahaha that’s so perfect. We need to score the first goal and just take away any remnants of motivation that they might have.

This is probably going to be the most watched Serie a game in a long, long time. The Sassuolo fodders are going to try and put in the game of their lives to angle for moves elsewhere. Especially guys on the brink of bigger clubs, it’s not going to be so easy

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I bought a de sciglio jersey around the same time.

Atrocious decision in hindsight, but the pickings were slim in peak banter era.

I’m certainly buying a 22/23 home kit though, looks fantastic.

I’ve historically only bought CB jerseys - leaning Kalulu this year, but a Tomori one would be nice to spite premier league fans. Tonali and Leao are super tempting as well, though. I bet they give Leao the #7 with his new deal
My first Milan kit with a name was a Bierhoff shirt.

I got a SES kit as a gift, and he then crumbled.

I avoid getting numbers now lol.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
This is probably going to be the most watched Serie a game in a long, long time. The Sassuolo fodders are going to try and put in the game of their lives to angle for moves elsewhere. Especially guys on the brink of bigger clubs, it’s not going to be so easy

Agreed but at least we won’t have Romagnoli, Kjaer and Bakayoko as our spine this time.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
155 for Barcelona is an absolute joke. Someone please investigate this blasphemy
Barca getting 3 times as much as Real Madrid.. are we sure the numbers are right?

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Tbh, at that point I'd rather get tickets for Inter - Sampdoria to see the sadness up close at full-time.

Sneak in 50k fans in San Siro to support Samp.. just in case :D

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Tbh, at that point I'd rather get tickets for Inter - Sampdoria to see the sadness up close at full-time.

Just start buying directly from Sass fans. They’d be stupid not to list them and auction them off online. I assume that’s permitted in Italy?

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
155 for Barcelona is an absolute joke. Someone please investigate this blasphemy

The numbers quoted are what the maximum can be, so if they won the league, cup, the CL.

Nike pay Barça a fixed €105 million per season with variables that can go up to €155 million.

Real Madrid figures are also outdated.

Real Madrid has reportedly signed the most lucrative kit deal in soccer history, agreeing to a sponsorship with adidas worth $1.2 billion, far surpassing the Spanish club's current $59 million a year deal. Reports suggest the contract will run from 2020 to 2030.

The $1.2 billion figure is also Real's guaranteed amount, as the team could receive as much as $170 million per year with merchandising. Real Madrid has been sponsored by adidas since 1998.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Football and basketball affords them money and easier life than boxing. Most of the US boxers now are people that couldn't make it at other sports and then take up boxing late.
Not really…the average height of a basketball player is 6’7 so this would only hold true for the heavyweight division where giants like Fury + Wilder operate. Also, apart from the latter, I can’t really think of any other boxers who took up the sport late as all the other top black boxers e.g. Spence, Crawford, Davis, Stevenson + Ennis have extensive amateur experience.

In other words, the pendulum has swung in the other direction and blacks are no longer THE dominant force in the sport anymore.

Forza1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just start buying directly from Sass fans. They’d be stupid not to list them and auction them off online. I assume that’s permitted in Italy?
When my country needed just one win to qualify Euro 2020, some people sold tickets to that game like over 1000 euros :lol:

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanNews.it are reporting that the atmosphere at Milanello this week has been intense as AC Milan face a huge test of character and nerves this weekend against Sassuolo to determine the Scudetto. Milan have not lifted a major trophy in 11 years since the league title of 2010/11.

Milan need just one point from the game to seal the title. Inter Milan on the other hand need a win against Sampdoria and for Milan to lose to clinch the title. The odds seem to favour Milan but they have a much tricker opponent and one who loves to spoil the party.

The squad is expected to go in ritiro in Reggio Emilia on Saturday ahead of the the final game of the season on Sunday as there is not to be any distraction and any hindrances in such a crucial moment. The game will be very tough especially given Milan lost to Sassuolo in the previous tie and the attack of Berardi, Scamacca and Raspadori are on fire.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MilanNews.it are reporting that the atmosphere at Milanello this week has been intense as AC Milan face a huge test of character and nerves this weekend against Sassuolo to determine the Scudetto. Milan have not lifted a major trophy in 11 years since the league title of 2010/11.

Milan need just one point from the game to seal the title. Inter Milan on the other hand need a win against Sampdoria and for Milan to lose to clinch the title. The odds seem to favour Milan but they have a much tricker opponent and one who loves to spoil the party.

The squad is expected to go in ritiro in Reggio Emilia on Saturday ahead of the the final game of the season on Sunday as there is not to be any distraction and any hindrances in such a crucial moment. The game will be very tough especially given Milan lost to Sassuolo in the previous tie and the attack of Berardi, Scamacca and Raspadori are on fire.
I guess the Super Cup doesn't count as a major trophy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule