Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
I'm GLAD that player of his caliber (while still young) is still has a passion on what he's doing
Wait till he confirms he is leaving. The fact that he kept on going back and forth in the negotiations makes me think he is more focused on money than football - which is fine as long as he performs. But i will not be surprised to see him stay.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

I don't understand the hate on him.

A 27 years old (prime), 190 cm++, CL winner 'Centre Forward' who can dribble and hold up the ball, play with both of his feet, and scored tap-in, header, long-range missile, and variety of weird goal from tight angle who came up in the big games.

Gosh, if he came for 50m++, I believe many of forumers here would already shit their pants.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

A 27 years old (prime), 190 cm++, CL winner 'Centre Forward' who can dribble and hold up the ball, play with both of his feet, and scored tap-in, header, long-range missile, and variety of weird goal from tight angle who came up in the big games.

Gosh, if he came for 50m++, I believe many of forumers here would already shit their pants.
In terms of being a jolly from the bench, Origi is one of the best players you can have. He can come on in multiple positions and doesn't give a fuck and scores a lot.
However he never managed to build a similar status as a starter, but for what we pay he is great.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan 2021/2022
View attachment 4431

These are Calcio Finanza numbers. I'm using them to see our next season budget with the expected transfers to understand what sort of window we can expect. So our total player cost is around 130m last season. We've been on a very consistent reduction of our total player cost every year since Maldini took over. Now here's the fun part:

Milan 2022/2023
View attachment 4432

Here's what I did:
OUT: Romagnoli, Ibrahimovic, Kessie, Conti, Ballo Toure, D. Maldini, Castillejo, Caldara, Colombo, Hauge

IN: Botman, Florenzi, Parisi, Renato, Mahrez, Origi, Belotti

I'm not counting players that might stay on loan like Brahim (Calcio Finanza didn't count them either).

I'm also assuming we're renewing and raising the salaries of all the players in yellow.

So what does that do to the budget? It goes up by less than 4m. This is absolutely insane. I'm assuming we're spending 95.5m to buy the players we need and all this is included in the calculation as amortization. The total amortization on the books for next season will most likely go down, because we're releasing a lot of players, but also because we're extending quite a lot (which stretches out the amortization over the length of the new contract).

What this means is that we can get all these new players, give them reasonable wages, extend and raise the wages of our key players like Leao, and only have to increase our budget by what we just got from Frankfurt as a bonus for winning the EL.

Our total player cost as a percentage of our revenue (300m) is around 43%. Way, way below the 60% limit that the FFP mandates.

To have such a low percentage and still achieve our sporting success is absolutely unheard of. This is one of the greatest sports management achievements in history, and the great thing is that it's not going to be a short burst like Leicester, as Milan has a much higher ceiling, history and ability to retain our players if we need to. This is a foundation for long lasting, dynastic success.

#daPlan
Apsoluty fantastic work from you ,bravo.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,

I dont know he has enough condition to play each 3 days. I dont see him as first striker. He wont kick out Leao from LW.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Above is a a classic example of taking the piss.

If he came for 50m, folks would be ok? Yeah, folk will be over the moon buying a dude that has averaged like 10 games a season for 50m.

It was already a bad idea whem we got Giroud as Ibra's backup last summer (knowing full well dude was gonna end up starting more games than Ibra). But no, lets give the starting CF to a dude that is literally 6th choice at his club because his entire reputation is built of scoring clutch goals for a well stacked team.

Yep, not gonna be a trainwreck at all.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
more proof of how fucking desperate nasser is :lol: thank fuck im not a psg supporter :lol:

LMAO talk about desperate...next they'll be offering him political decision making power and the right to veto any of Macron's policies! :LOL:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I dont know he has enough condition to play each 3 days. I dont see him as first striker. He wont kick out Leao from LW.
Agreed...he's an excellent signing for free but his lack of playing time over the past 2 seasons is a major concern (he's only played 500 mins aka 6 full matches per season). Therefore, given that Giroud will be 36yo and Lazetic has zero experience, we definitely need another capable forward (assuming that Ibra retires) be it Scamacca or Belotti especially if we want to compete on all 3 fronts.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Kaka recieved his manager certificate which makes him egible to become a coach..let him take over our primavera squad, surely he cant do worse than Giunti :D
kyV7sClRMfo8MDTD3i1QDQAtw_CfJ-rtxY9EgxoB4Ik.jpg
Congrats sir but no moar legends in charge of the 1st team EVER again after the Pippo, Seedorf, Brocchi, Tassotti + Gattuso (to a lesser extent) disasters not to mention that Sheva just managed to get Genoa relegated after a decade :lol::fp:

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Congrats sir but no moar legends in charge of the 1st team EVER again after the Pippo, Seedorf, Brocchi, Tassotti + Gattuso (to a lesser extent) disasters not to mention that Sheva just managed to get Genoa relegated after a decade :lol::fp:
Ancelotti is the exception

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
He can start with u15 since u17 is coached by the great abate.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Ancelotti is the exception
True but Ancelotti had WC players at his disposal (although the competition was a lot fiercer back in the day too).

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He can start with u15 since u17 is coached by the great abate.
Yep...u15 also have this little monster in their ranks who could learn a thing or two from the great Kaka...

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Kaka recieved his manager certificate which makes him egible to become a coach..let him take over our primavera squad, surely he cant do worse than Giunti :D
kyV7sClRMfo8MDTD3i1QDQAtw_CfJ-rtxY9EgxoB4Ik.jpg
Abate has done exceptionally well with the U16 team. I believe we've chosen him as the next Primavera coach.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
more proof of how fucking desperate nasser is :lol: thank fuck im not a psg supporter :lol:

This is embarrassing . As a kid Mbappe had a dream to play for Real. After earning 10 millions it all looks the same , they can give all the France to Mbappe. He can return at 35-36 again.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
You feel me now what I meant about these LGTB and other propaganda? This non-stop campaign trying to force people to accept and support something is never going to help with the integration of the minority groups. Having PSG numbers on the back written with rainbow colors is changing absolutely nothing, especially coming from a club owned by a country that officially forbid any LGTB signs during the upcoming World Cup. Grade A stupidity.
I have serious question for everyone, how many LGBT members do you know that support football club or even watch football? I don't mean any offence just asking out of curiousity

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From a Liverpool fan on Reddit:

Divock Origi Overview from a Liverpool fan

Congratulations on signing Origi. I speak for all Liverpool fans when I say we wish we could have kept him, but we recognize that he is way too good of a player to not be starting games, so it makes sense we let him go.

I know not all Milan fans are fully convinced of his qualities, and think that we Liverpool fans hype him up in a way similar to Bendtner or Welbeck. I assure you all, that this couldn't be further from the truth, and I'm gonna describe him as a player as best I can.

First, I'll try to explain why he has never been a starter for Liverpool.

1. Divock was eased in as a sub (replacing Sturridge or Ings) in 16/17 - and he'd end up scoring almost every time he was subbed on. Finally, Klopp gave him what he deserved and started him over D. Sturridge in our Europa League QF vs Dortmund. He scored in both legs.
2. Just as he was cementing his place as a starter, Ev\*rton's top martial artist Fum\*s-M\*ri decided to go studs up on his ACL - putting Origi out for the season.
3. When he came back in 17/18, we already had an in-form front 3 of Mane-Firmino-Salah, so he had to fight for his place again. As good as Origi was, he couldn't displace Mane who had just stepped up his game to world-class levels - so Origi was limited to sub appearances. It's impossible to hold this against him, because there were probably <3 players itw who would start over Mane for us - he was just that good.
4. So, Divock was stuck as a sub, only starting when one of our front 3 was injured. One of those occasions was vs Barca at Anfield, and well he sure didn't let us miss Firmino.
5. We have signed Jota and Diaz since, which might suggest Origi's lack of quality, but it's actually just that Klopp preferred smaller, faster players up front. (We passed up a chance to sign Haaland from Salzburg and got Minamino instead lol)

Which brings me to Origi's playstyle -

1. He's still the best finisher at the club - his ability to know where the space is when receiving the ball and turn into it before finishing is incredible.
2. He has excellent technique, which he uses to get involved with play as often as possible. So he's not just a poacher either, he can pick up the ball on the left win, cut inside and finish or simply help with build-up play in the final third.
3. His movement - whenever he comes on, he somehow always finds himself in space in the box. Even when he was brought on recently vs Everton, his first touch was receiving the ball in the box from Trent and setting up Salah's assist.
4. His mentality is world class - if he's playing, he's giving it his 100%.

His weaknesses -

1. He's lost some explosiveness after his injury - he's not Mane/Salah level quick, but he's still quicker than someone like Firmino.
2. Versatility - I've only seen him as a 9 or a LW, and in either place he's always looking to score or play a quick pass. So although he can drop and hold up or rotate the ball, don't expect to see him playing any killer passes from midfield or dictating play.

In summary, be very excited to have him. It's no mean feat to be able to fit into our front 3 without any visible drop in quality. And trust me, when Divock comes on, every Liverpool fan shifts to the edge of their seat because he always makes something happen.

I hope he brings a lot of success to you lot - and if you still have any doubts over him, prepare yourself to be pleasantly surprised.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
10 figure fee, as in billions of euroes?
I think they meant to say ‘above 10m’ but it went wrong. YouTube highlights from his loan spell are really impressive. Fits what we need our RW to do offensively.

Fbref doesn’t have data for Championship games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule