The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Agreed...he's an excellent signing for free but his lack of playing time over the past 2 seasons is a major concern (he's only played 500 mins aka 6 full matches per season). Therefore, given that Giroud will be 36yo and Lazetic has zero experience, we definitely need another capable forward (assuming that Ibra retires) be it Scamacca or Belotti especially if we want to compete on all 3 fronts.
If we can’t get Darwin, I’m pretty sold on Scamacca. We need another Italian anyway. Origi as starter is a massive risk, one which we don’t need to take honestly

Edit: just read that Reddit post and I’m now hyped about Origi

Last edited:

Geralt666

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibra, Tonali, MM, Seedorf, Kaka, Capitano
hello guys...OMG it has been such a nightmare to get on this forum. I mistakenly edited my profile when the forum was under maintenance and I could not reset the password. Since, then I have been just reading all the comments the entire time and could not really participate. It was just yesterday that i sent an email to contact us to approve my profile so i could get posting rights. I have so many things to say but dont know where to start. Let me just say "Forza Milan"

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Getting a bit worried about news that Man Utd are trying to hijack the deal.
Nothing to worry about.

Ten Hag likes his teams to play with a high line, which is not Botman's strength and why he agreed to let him go to Lille in the first place.

If he's taking anyone, he's taking Timber from Ajax.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
I think they meant to say ‘above 10m’ but it went wrong. YouTube highlights from his loan spell are really impressive. Fits what we need our RW to do offensively.

Fbref doesn’t have data for Championship games.
Hahah yeah I understood it must have been some kind of mistake. Funny that they would put a price of that kid that would match the total fee of Haaland, Mbappe, Leao, Theo, VInicius JR, Salah, De Bryune and Heung Min Son and still have money left to take the whole club to Ibiza and party with Maldini for a month.

FrE4k

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
While waiting for Sunday finale, I am watching some videos of Renato Sancez, if we get him here he will be fucking dominate here, even though Calcio is slower then the French league...
He is fucking strong, but we will also need some mussels in the middle, Tonali, Sancez, Pobega sounds good if we switch to 4:3:3 this means a quality jump for RW also...

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Origi for free is a good deal but having 36yo striker + Origi who rotted on the bench for six years is just not enough (considering that Ibra will probably retire) for 50+ games in a season.

In six seasons in EPL, he played just total 38 games (3500 minutes). That's like six fucking appearances per season.

I'm all for Scamacca or any other striker. If Origi did not mind being the tenth option in Liverpool, then he will not mind being first backup in Milan. :o

Geralt666

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also please keep frauds like G. Jesus and Mahrez away from this team!!

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I have a consistent record of supporting almost all of Milan's young players
After the hot start he was fodder in his preferred position though, then he was fodder in primavera
Thats a great deal we got for a player that was limited

If Rafa had become a CF then maybe Hauge couldve remained but also we probably find a better young player in the future or as Brk pointed out deals like this fund moves for higher profile players.
This season we actually replaced Hauge's output with an even cheaper player in Messias

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan 2021/2022
View attachment 4431

These are Calcio Finanza numbers. I'm using them to see our next season budget with the expected transfers to understand what sort of window we can expect. So our total player cost is around 130m last season. We've been on a very consistent reduction of our total player cost every year since Maldini took over. Now here's the fun part:

Milan 2022/2023
View attachment 4432

Here's what I did:
OUT: Romagnoli, Ibrahimovic, Kessie, Conti, Ballo Toure, D. Maldini, Castillejo, Caldara, Colombo, Hauge

IN: Botman, Florenzi, Parisi, Renato, Mahrez, Origi, Belotti

I'm not counting players that might stay on loan like Brahim (Calcio Finanza didn't count them either).

I'm also assuming we're renewing and raising the salaries of all the players in yellow.

So what does that do to the budget? It goes up by less than 4m. This is absolutely insane. I'm assuming we're spending 95.5m to buy the players we need and all this is included in the calculation as amortization. The total amortization on the books for next season will most likely go down, because we're releasing a lot of players, but also because we're extending quite a lot (which stretches out the amortization over the length of the new contract).

What this means is that we can get all these new players, give them reasonable wages, extend and raise the wages of our key players like Leao, and only have to increase our budget by what we just got from Frankfurt as a bonus for winning the EL.

Our total player cost as a percentage of our revenue (300m) is around 43%. Way, way below the 60% limit that the FFP mandates.

To have such a low percentage and still achieve our sporting success is absolutely unheard of. This is one of the greatest sports management achievements in history, and the great thing is that it's not going to be a short burst like Leicester, as Milan has a much higher ceiling, history and ability to retain our players if we need to. This is a foundation for long lasting, dynastic success.

#daPlan
Amazing work. The only thing I would add is that I think transfer fee amortisation only continues during an extension, while it would go away had we re-signed Kessie for example... I think that's how it works.

I wonder how that plays into negotiations.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Doveri for Sassoulo Milan

I’m scared of this son of a bitch

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Origi for free is a good deal but having 36yo striker + Origi who rotted on the bench for six years is just not enough (considering that Ibra will probably retire) for 50+ games in a season.

In six seasons in EPL, he played just total 38 games (3500 minutes). That's like six fucking appearances per season.

I'm all for Scamacca or any other striker. If Origi did not mind being the tenth option in Liverpool, then he will not mind being first backup in Milan. :o
we currently have only Giroud and Ibra and fighting for scudetto
Adding Origi is a huge upgrade

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
will-smith-teary-eyed.gif

Who do you want for our RW?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wouldn't call them frauds, but maybe there are better options for us out there
Jesus is risky because of injuries and Mahrez is old, you get such players for <10m or even free, not 30m or whatever city wants

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I couldn't care less about the fucking mercato! There is one thing and one thing only that counts right now: the fucking Scudetto. We'll talk about all those players that are on their knees begging Maldini to join us next week.

SCUDETTO! SCUDETTO! SCUDETTO!

We all want to win the Scudetto.

200.gif

Geralt666

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
will-smith-teary-eyed.gif

Who do you want for our RW?
I don't know whom I want to fit this perfectly constructed puzzle that MMM have put together. None of us know who will succeed in that position. I have a feeling that its going to be someone we have never been linked to if Elliot are going to stay through the transfer window. Let's just hope for the best. I definitely know whom I dont want and thats a 31YO Mahrez (we will need to over pay) and a G Jesus (Also need to over pay and is not the best at RW)

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
we currently have only Giroud and Ibra and fighting for scudetto
Adding Origi is a huge upgrade
Yes, because next season Giroud will be magically younger and Ibra will be able to play for more than 15 minutes. :o

No one said Origi was not an upgrade but I'm not convinced that he'll be enough. Or that he'll be good enough to be starter, week and week out.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

this is why Rebic must stay. Can cover CF like he's done many times.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, because next season Giroud will be magically younger and Ibra will be able to play for more than 15 minutes. :o

No one said Origi was not an upgrade but I'm not convinced that he'll be enough. Or that he'll be good enough to be starter, week and week out.
it will be enough
Origi starter
Giroud - first sub
Ibra (if won't retire) + Rebic + Leao + Lazetic (?) - second sub

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

posts like these prove how huge the scudetto can be. Us, the fans, don't care about knowing who's injured or disqualified on the enemy team, our greatest fear are fucking refs. Rot in hell, Marotta. We're playing against the system.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Ridiculous is that Ibra is considered as serious option off the bench, because man can not play more than 10-15 minutes anymore (in the moments when he's healthy, as he often is not).

Even if we consider Rebić as the third striker, then we need a backup LW.

In any case we will need another offensive player in addition to Origi and RW. Whether it will be an attacker or LW.

Geralt666

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Bring on Doveri..I'm gona be soo relaxed watching this team as we're not going to give any single space in the game for Sassuolo. The mentality has changed in the last 5 matches. I'm going to be on the couch have a couple of beers, TV on and follow the forum. Best way to see the match

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Bring on Doveri..I'm gona be soo relaxed watching this team as we're not going to give any single space in the game for Sassuolo. The mentality has changed in the last 5 matches. I'm going to be on the couch have a couple of beers, TV on and follow the forum. Best way to see the match
huh? It's been changed for like 1.5 years already

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Austrian media linking us with Arnautovic, loosely. Type wise he would fit quite well, but of course at his age we are talking 2 years max.
I think he will stay at Bologna though, there he could potentially play till his late 30s.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I think they meant to say ‘above 10m’ but it went wrong. YouTube highlights from his loan spell are really impressive. Fits what we need our RW to do offensively.

Fbref doesn’t have data for Championship games.

'Above 10m'? I'd say go get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule