The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Di Marzio confirming Bernardeschi won't be renewing with Juve. Would you take him for free? I'm sure he probably won't be making what he currently does.

FTH4DHLWYAAtXRk

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Darwin Nunez rejects offers from Manchester United and Newcastle United to play in the Premier League. The striker wants a team that plays in the Champions League. (RMC)
Same from Barca's Frankie :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
According to Corriere della Sera (via SempreMilan.it), the requests of Leao agent Jorge Mendes have risen and the €4.5m net per season on the table – which did not get the approval of the player and his entourage – will not be enough.

Mendes is asking for a sum comparable to that currently received by Zlatan Ibrahimovic which is around €6m net per season.
I don’t love the sound of this

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brk, why do you talk about finances? It's not like it impacts the team.

Of course not. It’s not like Inter have to sell another star after selling Hakimi and Lukaku. They won on credit so why can’t we?

Last edited:

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Our revenue was absolute shit for years it’s only recently caught up, and our squad cost wasn’t always this low. Each season it’s dropped significantly, at one point it was one of the highest in Serie A even as we languished in mid table. Now revenues are rising as well as costs dropping, and I think they’re finally projecting a chance for profit next season. This year it’s going to be closer to -40m, maybe less if we win.

This twitter thread does a great job explaining last seasons budget deficit and why it was still so big. It's getting better, though, and in fact Elliott has stopped injecting capital all together. We're almost self sufficient, which in football outside PL and especially in Italy, is very rare.

For those worrying about balance sheets and finances.:

This was an article for the first half of the current 2021/22 season.

AC Milan’s financial path is heading in the right direction and the club closed the first half of the current financial year with a profit, according to a report.

Calcio e Finanza reports that the Milan Board of Directors – chaired by the president Paolo Scaroni – met today to approve the financial position of the club in the first half of the 2021-22 financial year, therefore consolidated until 31 December 2021.

The report adds that the club have finished the first half of this year returning to profit, showing an improvement in the main financial indicators despite the negative economic impact that Coronavirus pandemic brought.

The overall balance sheet for the first six months of the 2021-22 financial year showed a €3m profit brought about by a significant growth in revenues, which are up 40% compared to first six months of the 2020-21 season).

As part of that there is also some extra income attributable only to the first semester, including the sale of Casa Milan to a real estate fund which earned around €18m. Milan are expected to close the season with a further reduced loss compared to last season’s €-96m, and should reach €300m in revenues at the end of the 2021-22 year.

This is not including the massive gate receipts that we received after they went back to 100% capacity, extra sponsorships for our jerseys and training kits, as well as the prize money earned from CL qualification and potential Scudetto win. It also does not take into account for transfer money earned through sales of the likes of Duarte & Hauge (both confirmed) or any other players that we sell off over the summer.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree with you, Sam. To me he is just to wasteful.
I can imagine him going to Roma, Lazio, maybe Napoli. Who knows what he can become at this stage of his career? Juve played him as a CM and CAM, and he worked hard.

It just goes to show that recruitment isn't just about player acquisition, but player development. Our young players have grown here, you can see the progress that is done here.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course not. It’s not Inter have to sell another start after selling Hakimi and Lukaku. They won on credit so why can’t we?
The funny part is, if they were properly run, financially, they actually have the spine of a formidable team. They are going to have to sell 2 from Bastoni, Barella, and Lautaro from the looks of things (from Inter fans themselves [I'm sure they can confirm here]) while they are on the hook for Correa, who is a fraud.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Above is a a classic example of taking the piss.

If he came for 50m, folks would be ok? Yeah, folk will be over the moon buying a dude that has averaged like 10 games a season for 50m.

It was already a bad idea whem we got Giroud as Ibra's backup last summer (knowing full well dude was gonna end up starting more games than Ibra). But no, lets give the starting CF to a dude that is literally 6th choice at his club because his entire reputation is built of scoring clutch goals for a well stacked team.

Yep, not gonna be a trainwreck at all.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Exactly!!!!!

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I can imagine him going to Roma, Lazio, maybe Napoli. Who knows what he can become at this stage of his career? Juve played him as a CM and CAM, and he worked hard.

It just goes to show that recruitment isn't just about player acquisition, but player development. Our young players have grown here, you can see the progress that is done here.
I often disagree with UTD fans who laugh at McGuire. Sure he is having a horrible time but has his club improved him since they signed him? I doubt it very much. Employers have a responsibility to improve their employees. Unless of course you argue footballers are private contractors.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Milan, Napoli, Roma and Lazio are probably his only options in Serie A. Lazio sticks out, they need wingers for Sarri.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nothing to worry about.

Ten Hag likes his teams to play with a high line, which is not Botman's strength and why he agreed to let him go to Lille in the first place.

If he's taking anyone, he's taking Timber from Ajax.
But we play with high backline too.. so why do they want to sign him exactly if he is another Romagnoli?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Di Marzio confirming Bernardeschi won't be renewing with Juve. Would you take him for free? I'm sure he probably won't be making what he currently does.
I wouldn’t take him even if he pays us for the privilege.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
For those worrying about balance sheets and finances.:

This was an article for the first half of the current 2021/22 season.

AC Milan’s financial path is heading in the right direction and the club closed the first half of the current financial year with a profit, according to a report.

Calcio e Finanza reports that the Milan Board of Directors – chaired by the president Paolo Scaroni – met today to approve the financial position of the club in the first half of the 2021-22 financial year, therefore consolidated until 31 December 2021.

The report adds that the club have finished the first half of this year returning to profit, showing an improvement in the main financial indicators despite the negative economic impact that Coronavirus pandemic brought.

The overall balance sheet for the first six months of the 2021-22 financial year showed a €3m profit brought about by a significant growth in revenues, which are up 40% compared to first six months of the 2020-21 season).

As part of that there is also some extra income attributable only to the first semester, including the sale of Casa Milan to a real estate fund which earned around €18m. Milan are expected to close the season with a further reduced loss compared to last season’s €-96m, and should reach €300m in revenues at the end of the 2021-22 year.

This is not including the massive gate receipts that we received after they went back to 100% capacity, extra sponsorships for our jerseys and training kits, as well as the prize money earned from CL qualification and potential Scudetto win. It also does not take into account for transfer money earned through sales of the likes of Duarte & Hauge (both confirmed) or any other players that we sell off over the summer.
Sound great. Love ur posts.

• LOL
Reactions: Ryo

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He will most likely inherit Baka´s spot, which imo isn't bad at this point of his career and for the way we play it will also be an upgrade for us. To me Sassuolo would feel more like a sidewards move.
Baka hasn't featured much this season and Pioli might even prefer to use Krunic ahead of Pobega next year reducing his playing time further. Therefore, we might be better off cashing in now (whilst his value is at an all time high) or using him as a bargaining chip in another deal e.g. Scamacca.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Darwin Nunez rejects offers from Manchester United and Newcastle United to play in the Premier League. The striker wants a team that plays in the Champions League. (RMC)
honestly not many options.
Real no.
Barsa doesnt have money and seems focused on lewa.
City and pool nope.
Maybe chelski? If they get rid off kaku.
Totenham have Kane.
Juventus no.
Inter no.

Maybe Bayern? I read recenty they were interested but not for 60 to 80M price.

Probably psg when they lose mbappe and Neymar. Or us 😆

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
honestly not many options.
Real no.
Barsa doesnt have money and seems focused on lewa.
City and pool nope.
Maybe chelski? If they get rid off kaku.
Totenham have Kane.
Juventus no.
Inter no.

Maybe Bayern? I read recenty they were interested but not for 60 to 80M price.

Probably psg when they lose mbappe and Neymar. Or us 😆
Bayern is supposedly going to sign Kalajdžić to replace Lewa. PSG is a likely option since Mbappe is leaving. Icardi looking to leave as well.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Baka hasn't featured much this season and Pioli might even prefer to use Krunic ahead of Pobega next year reducing his playing time further. Therefore, we might be better off cashing in now (whilst his value is at an all time high) or using him as a bargaining chip in another deal e.g. Scamacca.
Baka has an appearance clause we had to avoid triggering and Krunic plays more attacking (unless the holding position are super thin. ) I don't see the point really in giving him away and spending like 15m to sign another CM. Especially as he is a steadily growing talent and one of our own. He fits like a glove for what we need, the physical profile of Baka but more CM characteristics and versatility.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Kojak, I love your passion for this team, but lol, I disagree with nearly every opinion you have, haha, I'm sorry, I just fundamentally disagree.

This team is based on hard work. Berardi is slow. He is expensive. And he's not what we look for. If he comes, I pray he proves me wrong but he doesn't fit.

Dybala made good passes? Great. Adli does too. I don't need to pay Dybala 7m to be a passenger. Hes not good enough to be one. Leao is.
Lol no problem at all...we can agree to disagree and I'm sure that MMM don't agree on every single player either.

However, I'm just trying to put myself in Paolo's shoes assuming that we won't have an endless pot of gold to spend on players this summer. Also, last summer I raised concerns about the lack of a viable alternative to Brahim e.g. James/Isco and was vehemently against the Messias signing from day one (despite what others said) and was ultimately proven correct. Therefore, I assume that Paolo wouldn't want to repeat those same mistakes and would look for some guarantees in those key roles both in terms of experience and productivity.

Whilst I like Adli, I don't think he's shown enough this season to be given the keys to the castle (0g/3a in the last 20 league matches just isn't good enough to be Milan's starting AM). However, I would love to keep him as a rotational option to a more established player and believe that he would THRIVE under this scenario instead of capitulating like Brahim if all the pressure was on his shoulders. As for Berardi, he guarantees Serie A goals/assists and has strong defensive stats and strikes me as a hungry, egoless player which are the type of qualities Paolo looks for.

Anyway, at least we both agree on Scamacca and it will be interesting to see how he and Berardi perform against the best defence in the league on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule