• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This is an opinion I think about all the time:

From the owners and Gazidis we have been given a strict financial framework which makes top 4 likely but titles unlikely.

Paolo Maldini is the difference. His guidance of the technical area is the difference, and is what will enable us to compete even without free economic reigns. Also under RedBird. Maldini is the certainty that elevates the decision making and building of the squad, because he knows quality, he knows what a winning group needs, he radiates confidence and success.

I've believed this about Maldini ever since he came. We don't need major signings to become a major European player, because we have Maldini and his wisdom, vision and experience. Theo is the embodiment of that work, I think he can become a Ballon d'Or-winner once the teams quality enables him to score those insane goals on the biggest stage in the CL.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
From tomorrow I suggest @brk and @Samaldinho change their avatars to something hand picked Milan related and not a snail and David Beckham, as well as personalizing their subtext to something other than "Milan legend".

So, for todays conversation:

Who is your favourite Milan player in the current squad, and why?

Mine is Pierre Kalulu, followed very closely by Sandro Tonali. To me they symbolize both our project and the type of player personalities we want representing this club for the next 10-15 years.
Hard to pick. Top tier is Tonali, Kalulu, Leao, magic Mike (not necessarily in that order). And, of course Ibra.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From tomorrow I suggest @brk and @Samaldinho change their avatars to something hand picked Milan related and not a snail and David Beckham, as well as personalizing their subtext to something other than "Milan legend".

So, for todays conversation:

Who is your favourite Milan player in the current squad, and why?

Mine is Pierre Kalulu, followed very closely by Sandro Tonali. To me they symbolize both our project and the type of player personalities we want representing this club for the next 10-15 years.
Mike Maignan. Winner. Leader. Modern goalkeeper. Allows us to do so much tactically in our buildup. Love the guy.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

How does Inter keep doing this? Their management is really smart. They keep getting cheap players for free, even though they’re poor financially they keep getting away with it Ffs lol..

Dzeko for less than 2 million given his output was crazy. Barella/Skriniar extend for such a cheap wages. Outrageous lol.

Maldini renewed the best left back in the world for 4m, refused a huge transfer for leao (close to 100m) and renewing the young backbone of this team.

Every player at inter is for sale even marotta’s mom, nothing to see there. In less than 7 months they have to sell kidneys in order to payback their 350m loan. They are in deep shit, they are just kicking the can for another day to survive.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we are spending 43% we shouldn’t be in red. But we are.
I'm assuming our revenue is 300m which is what's expected for 2021/2022. In 2020/2021 it was 216m. That's a big jump in one year, mostly because of covid and having the CL this year. The squad cost percentage this season is 60%.

We won't be in the red for long though. 2022/2023 is expected to have a profit.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have to agree, Patosheva's meltdown has helped me focus on something other than the upcoming game (thanks!). That said, the stress is getting more intense ...

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would Milan become a feeder club for Liverpool? C'mon stop this bullshit. Anyone actually believes that the company that owns just 10% of Liverpool has the power to buy Milan for 1.5 bn EUR (2nd biggest take-over in the history behind Chelsea) and just use it as academy for Liverpool? :fp::lol:

Nobody is spending this type of money on a feeder club. If that was the plan they would've bought a team like Betis, Udinese, Sampdoria, Nantes, etc. for 150-200 m and make it a feeder club. 1.5 bn on the table just to send players to Liverpool, yeah right :lol:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Take on Broja?

Haven't seen enough of Broja. A few posters on here are high on him. One thing is for sure with current management. He's on the radar, as are all young talents.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Paying 1.3b that could go up to 1.8b is the biggest deal in the history of serie A.

My only concern is dismantling what is already built, letting go of a proven method (management) or even limiting their role.

I am certain the new owner will keep things going as smooth as they are now.

If redbird acquires Milan, they will be heavily involved in commercial, branding and expanding. From a sport pov they will have guidelines and I hope they will not micromanage.

Yes our club will evolve and we will rely heavily on sport science in every department and every decision will be Data driven, which is beneficial to our survival.

I spent last night researching this Gerry fella and man this guy is very competent a pioneer at what he does.

If this deal goes through I’ll be very content, as we all built a very high expectations around Investcorp who are new to this domain and we also assumed they are state owned which is very false.

Money without the right ppl and proper planning is not what we want, we all saw what happened with the Chinese frauds and the two morons they hired.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Mike Maignan. Winner. Leader. Modern goalkeeper. Allows us to do so much tactically in our buildup. Love the guy.
Funny thing is many were hoping he'd be the next Dida, but he's actually better :lol:

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Maldini renewed the best left back in the world for 4m, refused a huge transfer for leao (close to 100m) and renewing the young backbone of this team.

Every player at inter is for sale even marotta’s mom, nothing to see there. In less than 7 months they have to sell kidneys in order to payback their 350m loan. They are in deep shit, they are just kicking the can for another day to survive.
inter's situation doesnt worry me at all. i dont even think about their team. they will probably get bought out, so why even care what happens to them? we gonna win and next season, we gonna win again.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
inter's situation doesnt worry me at all. i dont even think about their team. they will probably get bought out, so why even care what happens to them? we gonna win and next season, we gonna win again.
Will be kind of funny and maybe a bit scary if InvestCorp ends up buying prInter. Given the recent directives from China, they will probably end up dropping the asking price, so that may actually happen.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Please do a donnarumma v mike m side by side

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Lmao those fuckers at PSG did it. Mbappe #SeQueda