The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
From tomorrow I suggest @brk and @Samaldinho change their avatars to something hand picked Milan related and not a snail and David Beckham, as well as personalizing their subtext to something other than "Milan legend".

So, for todays conversation:

Who is your favourite Milan player in the current squad, and why?

Mine is Pierre Kalulu, followed very closely by Sandro Tonali. To me they symbolize both our project and the type of player personalities we want representing this club for the next 10-15 years.
Mine is PK20

Might be this season "Breakout star" over 5 top leagues.
He is the anti thesis of EPL players and theirs' glamorous tag.

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Will be kind of funny and maybe a bit scary if InvestCorp ends up buying prInter. Given the recent directives from China, they will probably end up dropping the asking price, so that may actually happen.
Good. Will be even more fun when we kick their ass

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Tomorrow. Scudetto. Champions.

giphy.gif

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
This is an opinion I think about all the time:

From the owners and Gazidis we have been given a strict financial framework which makes top 4 likely but titles unlikely.

Paolo Maldini is the difference. His guidance of the technical area is the difference, and is what will enable us to compete even without free economic reigns. Also under RedBird. Maldini is the certainty that elevates the decision making and building of the squad, because he knows quality, he knows what a winning group needs, he radiates confidence and success.

I've believed this about Maldini ever since he came. We don't need major signings to become a major European player, because we have Maldini and his wisdom, vision and experience. Theo is the embodiment of that work, I think he can become a Ballon d'Or-winner once the teams quality enables him to score those insane goals on the biggest stage in the CL.
Maldini is great, but he’s also not superhuman (as a footballer he was, but as a director there is more out of his control). He is one of a kind, a god amongst men.

But it’s also unfair to expect him to deliver CL titles if the ambition of the ownership is just top 4; I am not saying it is, but at some point we would also need genuine ambition to go hand in hand with Maldini’s inimitable perception of what the team needs.

I see this season as one of over achievement versus the target due to various reasons, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect over achievement year after year.

I hope and think that RedBird will up the ante, I fail to see why they would acquire the club otherwise

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Maldini is great, but he’s also not superhuman (as a footballer he was, but as a director there is more out of his control). He is one of a kind, a god amongst men.

But it’s also unfair to expect him to deliver CL titles if the ambition of the ownership is just top 4; I am not saying it is, but at some point we would also need genuine ambition to go hand in hand with Maldini’s inimitable perception of what the team needs.

I see this season as one of over achievement versus the target due to various reasons, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect over achievement year after year.

I hope and think that RedBird will up the ante, I fail to see why they would acquire the club otherwise
What this post fails to mention is that the squad he's built will continue to grow, and may challenge for CL with more experience. Once the core is established he doesn't have to invent fire every summer. As we are more successful, the room of maneuver will grow inch by inch. Nothing is static.

With the reported signings coming in we're already "upping the Ante", without some sugardaddy help. We're on the cusp of recruiting some elite talent complimentary to our needs. What more do we want? Yes, maybe a star, but that's not necessarily the only way to a CL title.

Not saying we're a threat next season, but maybe the one after that.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
What this post fails to mention is that the squad he's built will continue to grow, and may challenge for CL with more experience. Once the core is established he doesn't have to invent fire every summer. As we are more successful, the room of maneuver will grow inch by inch. Nothing is static.
Agreed and I hope to see the continued upward trajectory with new ownership.

We can improve our squad so much this summer without spending a penny. That’s super exciting for our club

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I came to the conclusion that if you don't want your feeling to get hurt, you should become more attractive to the people you care.
sure. You should strive for that

but what people do when people let each other down is the real test

Last edited:

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
saw this on twitter:

AC MILAN TMN INFORMATION: Rayan Cherki, midfielder/right winger for Olympique de Lyon, would be offered to AC Milan in case the player's renewal with his current club does not come to fruition. Agents would choose Milan for excelling at developing young talent.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli press conference ahead of Scudetto-deciding finale:

On the current situation… “We have been the best thus far, we must be the best tomorrow as well. It told this to the boys. We prepared for the game during a week of work, serenity and attention as we always do. The past doesn’t matter but what we do tomorrow counts.”

A song that describes your mood today? “Right now I want to be very down to earth and focused on tomorrow’s game. It’s a difficult game, we got this far without anyone giving us anything and tomorrow Sassuolo will do everything they can to beat us. We have reached this point with solid foundations and on these foundations, we must also attack tomorrow.”

What game are you expecting tomorrow? “I think our strength has been to interpret every single game with clear and beautiful concepts. In every game, there is a different opponent. Sassuolo is the team that has the most quality in the final third.”

It is the most important match of his career. Will his players be able to sleep? “I think so, the way I saw them I think so. My players are strange, but in a positive sense. I see the same attitudes and the same serenity that is given at a young age, I’m sure that inside them they are experiencing particular emotions. I have always slept well before matches and shortly after.”

Do you want to reassure the Rossoneri fans? “I would like to tell our fans that it will be a difficult match and that together, as we are showing this year, we are certainly stronger. We need everything and everyone. I will need my 28 players and all the fans who will be in Reggio Emilia tomorrow. There are no certainties because the ball is round, but we have 95 minutes to demonstrate and finish our work in the best possible way.”

Is there anything that struck you about the players? “No, because I keep seeing the same attitudes. It seems good to me, if I had seen them different than usual, different from last week it would have been another question. In the last 4-5 games, we have faced the games with this spirit and serenity.”

On Ibra… “He cares a lot, like all of us. It’s clear that we are experiencing an important moment, tomorrow a season will conclude. The assessments are made at the end of the season. There would be a difference between winning and not winning. All my players must think that tomorrow they can be decisive.”

How important was Ibra? “Very important. He brought mentality, quality and he’s a great player above all for his intelligence. He brought that personality that a young team needed. He’s a point of reference, then his teammates were good at following him and becoming stronger.”

What do Milan need tomorrow and what shouldn’t they do? “To play for Milan and don’t think it will be an easy match.”

Do Milan deserve this Scudetto and why? “I’ll tell you tomorrow. Today we are first with merit.”

Can we say that Bergamo was the beginning of everything? “It can be said that from that game, the players and I have understood many things, the management helped us with the January transfer market by bringing in Ibra, Kjaer and Saelemaekers. The arrival of Zlatan and Simon raised the technical, moral and professional level. From there we started with a different continuity and strength than before.”

The comments of the Sassuolo players… “Sport is competition, those who play against us give their all: Fiorentina, Lazio, Verona and Atalanta.”

On the group… “Honestly, this week, I didn’t need to make any particular interventions. Whoever is at my disposal will be ready at any time, I have no doubts and there shouldn’t be any.”

On Bennacer and how difficult it is to make decisions tomorrow… “It has been difficult all year except, unfortunately, in November when the decisions were forced due to injuries. My medical staff were put to the test and then they were good at finding solutions. It’s always difficult to make decisions with such strong and available players, but I have clear ideas in my head.”

How important has Milanello been in recent weeks? “From the first day I entered here I felt the right air, it’s an ideal place to work. The club supports us and is always present, those who work here always give their best. It’s the ideal place to work.”

On the pressing against Sassuolo and the possibility of Rebic… “I think I will field the best team to start the game and I think I have the right alternatives.”

What surprised you the most this year? “We are very clear about what we want to do, active and proactive in both phases. The team has always shown that it believes in its qualities in all situations, it’s the same thing we must do tomorrow.”

How are you? “Well, I’m fine. I’ll sleep well. I’m aware of the difficulties we will encounter: I’m very focused and motivated as my players are.”

On Kjaer… “I think that the testimony of my boys’ growth is given above all by the long-lasting absences of Zlatan and Simon. The team has lost two important references in the dressing room. Many have grown while making up for their absence. In this period, the team has certainly grown a lot “.

Try not to lose or risk it? “We prepared the match to play for Milan, to try to be a careful and balanced team.”

Was there a moment when you thought this team could do it? “I have always thought very positively about the team, I have a lot of faith in them. In delicate moments they have always been able to do the best of themselves despite their young age, with the desire to show that we are a strong team.”

Sacrifice, play and passion. Add another… “Enthusiasm, which has always accompanied us and will have to be the same tomorrow. We have it inside and we will have to put it on the pitch, I think it’s a team that must also play with its own emotions. We must play with enthusiasm.”

Are you expecting a difficult match from a tactical or physical point of view? “Both, Sassuolo have quality and technique. If you miss the timing they can surprise you with holes. Tactically and physically it will be a complicated game: we know how to fight and suffer, I think the team will know how to play the right game.”

Have you ever felt so loved as now at Milan? “No.”

What do you want to say to the fans? “Forza Milan, always fight-”

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do they need to sell 2 of their big players or just one in this markets?
Nobody really knows. If we take the Scudetto, they will earn less than last season. They will also be in 3rd pot in next season's CL which means harder opponents, therefore less money. Win for us tomorrow and we are flying with or without new owners. They, on the other hand will have another summer like 2021.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Inter put bastoni on the chopping block. 60mils
That’ll be a very good deal for them.
Am I the only one who think he is not a very good defender? Like Bonucci, he can deliver quality ball forwards thus making him a good player.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Mbappé saga creeps me the fuck out.

Wonder what the contract details ended up at.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Me when I saw Birsaforever posting here as if he didn't leave us in the middle of that crazy ass R&B music festival.

View attachment 4517
The festival he himself started. People used hours of their time trying to locate his whereabouts out of sincere concern for his well-being and he shows up with a shrug and fuck off.

Really cool dude.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I am not worried about Juve at all. They will be without Chiellini which is a massive blow for them. Dybala leaving on a free won't make them stronger either. Pogba is a solid player, but certainly not a huge upgrade for them. We are much stronger and with a few reinforcements we will only look at them in the rear view mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule