The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Albert Botines, agent of Gerard Deulofeu, spoke on Radio Marte, focusing on the future of his client who recently was also approached by Milan, where he already played in 2017: "I congratulated him after the match, especially for his professionalism. From the start of the season there is an agreement with Udinese that would lead to his sale.

I won’t mind this guy as backup RW instead of fodderardi
For me this depends on the price.

Other than pace, all the arguments against Berardi (plays as focal point for small club, haven't done shit in other stages) holds true for Deulofeu and he doesn't has as good stats.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
btw if we're looking for Bayern players, why not get Gnabry? They told him to either extend the contract this summer or get sold before the season starts..I wonder how much they'd want for him

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We're in the same boat Congo. I'm not only worried about the shape of his head. I have strong reservations about what's inside of it. Looks like a younger version of Depay. A guy that's willing to work hard, but that lacks (football) intelligence. I would prefer someone else.
There was also...this:

My dad’s Surinamese and my mother’s Dutch. I know all about racism and bias,” he said. “I chanted enthusiastically with supporters I met for the first time after winning. As a former Ajax fan I know very well the soccer world’s nicknames. I did not mean to offend anyone. I’m done with the subject and won’t be revisiting it.”

Definitely not the brightest light bulb in that funny shaped head

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
btw if we're looking for Bayern players, why not get Gnabry? They told him to either extend the contract this summer or get sold before the season starts..I wonder how much they'd want for him

Wants like 19 million in salary. Even if we take that at gross numbers it’s 9.5 to us.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Bayern Munich's Hoeness on potential Gnabry transfer: Do you want me to shove money down his throat until he chokes? :lol:

Safe to say we won’t be shoving anything either

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Noa Lang seems like a complete idiot. Pulisic, Pulisic, Pulisic!

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
There was also...this:

Definitely not the brightest light bulb in that funny shaped head

I'm not sure if you can speak Dutch, but you better believe me when I say that he sounds even worse when you can understand his native language. I highly doubt that the light in the bulb ever went on.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I want someone who scores and assists a lot

Controversial I know
The thing with players who put up big numbers...you gotta ask WHY are they putting up these numbers.
Is it that they are in the ideal position for these numbers?
There are lots of players who this situation fits...arguably even Messi

This is the fear that many posters have.
At his current club a lot of the attack goes through him....including things like free kicks and penalties.
I'm very neutral on him coming. There's an upside but there's a bigger downside imho

So when in doubt you have to go back to the fundamentals
As a RW, he's a good shooter and crosser...but he's not the most pacy and in the tough games he disappears.
He doesn't seem very versatile as maybe a striker you could use in a pinch.
So what are we going to use him for? Beating up Serie A fodder? Maybe.
To be of any use in the CL? Probably not vs the elite Left Backs out there.

At best I see him as a marginal upgrade....but also a wasted opportunity to do much better.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can speak Dutch, but you better believe me when I say that he sounds even worse when you can understand his native language. I highly doubt that the light in the bulb ever went on.
Definitely cannot but good to know.

I am hoping this is just his agent trying to hype him up for a move to Sevilla or something.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Albert Botines, agent of Gerard Deulofeu, spoke on Radio Marte, focusing on the future of his client who recently was also approached by Milan, where he already played in 2017: "I congratulated him after the match, especially for his professionalism. From the start of the season there is an agreement with Udinese that would lead to his sale.

I won’t mind this guy as backup RW instead of fodderardi
Hope his agent is pulling some usual agent bull shit to get his client’s name in the press.

This would be taking two steps back even for the bench.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I got some people on the inside, they just sent me a recording of Paolo meeting with Berrardi.

1653424107777.gif

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Beppe Marotta reportedly informed Simone Inzaghi that one more Inter star would leave in the summer to balance the books.

Inzaghi didn’t seem happy on his way out of the club’s offices today but didn’t talk to the media after his meeting with Marotta and Zhang :D

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Most of our team has done nothing outside of Serie A.

A player performing well is moving to a team with better players, so naturally he will perform......worse?

And yet all of our players have more experience in Europe than Berardi does. And the players who grew up outside of Serie A/Italian system are more use to our style of play which we have incorporated under Pioli because its more European than Italian. Pressing quick transitions etc.. Does Berardi fit this style of play. Hes an experience player set in his ways of doing things being seen as a king by his team. Whats to say hes going to adapt especially when his life experience begins and ends with Sassuolo. With a day trip to Turin thrown in.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

TL of the interview:
Calabria to Corriere

"As a child, until I was 15, I never played. I was always on the bench, I even thought about quitting, and not just once:
I didn't want to overwhelm my parents, who drove me every day from Brescia to Milan to train."

"It cost us a lot of money, but I held on, we held on. This Scudetto reimburses me for everything.
When did we realize we were going to win? Day one."

"We said it all season, the Scudetto was our goal. We had the quality and we showed it, from the first day of training camp.
It was necessary for Italian football that Milan and Inter return to these levels."

"The secret of our success? The group. There were better equipped, more experienced teams who fought at the top for more years than us.
But we always had the conviction that we could do it."

"We created the right mix of young and experienced, which is essential to win. There was a special energy, we felt it."

"Pioli arrived when it looked like he was going to leave shortly after, it was not easy to work with the difficulties that were there. He listened to us, we listened to him.
And everything happened. I'm proud and happy for the coach, he deserved it."

"Ibra was fundamental. Zlatan is a champion who has given so much. I hope he can get better, although he has been invaluable with his leadership, his words, his gestures.
I hope that he will be better next year. We still need him."

"Paolo doesn't want to meddle in the affairs of the pitch and I think he does it very well, his role is different.
But already seeing him on the touchline gives you something more. You can't not step back and take your foot off."

"We want to do more in the Champions League, no doubt. Milan are used to playing at the top.
Now we enjoy the Scudetto, but we know what we want for the future".

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
@AC_Wesley

De Ketelaere sounds a bit like kittelaar which means clit in Dutch. I'm a big fan of pussy of myself, but he better not be a pussy on the pitch if Maldini buys him.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
De Ketelaere is more a no.10 player. He can play various positions but hes a creative and technical player. Not a winger, at least not typical one.

If Berrardi is a guy Pioli wants, it will be done. After all, when your coach wins, and without real rw and no.10... club needs to buy the player he wants. I respect that. However I dont think that in the CL tempo and vs top defences Berrardi will make the difference.
Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 4.30.58 PM.png

Looks like he's more comfortable on the wings?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Sorry mate, still reaching.
This discussion is based on factors that you ASSUME happened, and you're doing it just to make a point to prove that you COULD be right about things.

The fact of the matter is, Maldini in his capacity as an SD has not made any signings of the profile of Berardi in his time at Milan.
He brings in youngsters who are undervalued for decent prices, and he brings in older veteran players with experience for cheap.
Samu was brought in 4 seasons ago at 23, so that itself is already in line with Elliot's youngster policy.
Higuain EVEN IF I agree to your point (I don't, but lets assume), was brought in on a trade with Bonucci and Caldara (24), nobody paid crazy money for him.

All the signings have been still in line with Elliot mandates, youngsters before their prime for decent sums, or proven experienced players for cheap.

Berardi is neither here nor there.
Lol I could say the same about you i.e. assuming that Maldini had zero input in Higuain's transfer when in reality he would've discussed his new role at Milan for at least a week or two prior to Aug 5 which pre-dates Higuain's arrival. Sorry, but that's just common sense and there's no way that Leo would've made such a big statement signing without his approval otherwise he could've just walked out on his first day if he disagreed.

Re Bonucci/Caldara, it was essentially a straight swap with both players valued the same (40m) whereas Higuain was a separate one season loan deal which cost 18m but was cut short due to the players request in January. However, had the player not forced through a transfer, we would've been on the hook for almost 20m (plus huge wages). Whilst I agree that Samu was a few years younger than Berardi, we swapped a 26yo Rebic for Silva (who still had a book value of 23m) plus we have a 20m buyout option for Bakayoko who will soon turn 28 (like Berardi) so clearly Maldini doesn't have an issue signing older players for large sums IF they perform which is EXACTLY the type of deal I'm proposing for Berardi i.e. 10m loan + 10m option with bonuses.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

TL of the interview:
Calabria to Corriere

"As a child, until I was 15, I never played. I was always on the bench, I even thought about quitting, and not just once:
I didn't want to overwhelm my parents, who drove me every day from Brescia to Milan to train."

"It cost us a lot of money, but I held on, we held on. This Scudetto reimburses me for everything.
When did we realize we were going to win? Day one."

"We said it all season, the Scudetto was our goal. We had the quality and we showed it, from the first day of training camp.
It was necessary for Italian football that Milan and Inter return to these levels."

"The secret of our success? The group. There were better equipped, more experienced teams who fought at the top for more years than us.
But we always had the conviction that we could do it."

"We created the right mix of young and experienced, which is essential to win. There was a special energy, we felt it."

"Pioli arrived when it looked like he was going to leave shortly after, it was not easy to work with the difficulties that were there. He listened to us, we listened to him.
And everything happened. I'm proud and happy for the coach, he deserved it."

"Ibra was fundamental. Zlatan is a champion who has given so much. I hope he can get better, although he has been invaluable with his leadership, his words, his gestures.
I hope that he will be better next year. We still need him."

"Paolo doesn't want to meddle in the affairs of the pitch and I think he does it very well, his role is different.
But already seeing him on the touchline gives you something more. You can't not step back and take your foot off."

"We want to do more in the Champions League, no doubt. Milan are used to playing at the top.
Now we enjoy the Scudetto, but we know what we want for the future".

I love Calabria. He is such a good kid. All of our boys are really good kids, honestly. Kalulu, Leao, Tomori, Tonali, they are all such good boys.

He has looked injured for much of the second half of the season, and I really hope he can shake off whatever seemed to hold him back, because he's our next captain, and he's really got a great heart.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
For some it might be Berardi and Kalulu ;)

I'm not for Berardi but people have comforted themselves with others who arent tops or giving great production so I find some of the arguments against him funny.
The only argument to me that holds merit is the cost.

I was for Julian Alvarez - I dont have any specific preference when it comes to RW. Whomever it is I just want them to be a great finisher or a player that can control that side and take some responsibility off the left.
Berardi was shit just two days ago.
We were attacking them non stop with a high line so in a way it was his place to shine.
Do you imagine him playing against a team sitting back ?
Dear lord he is a boring player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule