The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
More and more excuse,you 2 or 3 should open politic party,i just cant belive it.

maldini just told there is no respect from elliot and they didnt put any money but still some here says lets wait and see.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I hope RedBird realizes while you don't need PSG/City level of spending, that they do have to invest if we want to have any chance of competing on all fronts. They've said as much before that you don't need to spend crazy amounts to win, which is correct, and us fans just need to see at what level they will invest. Like Elliot? Or will they give Maldini what he needs?

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
And tbh, I really dont blame them either. They are a hedge fund, they dont care about winning titles. All they care about is making a good return on their investment which they have done. They came to possess the club purely due to getting a highly valued asset at a cut price deal.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
This is true. They dont see Milan any differently as they see an insurance company or a construction company in their portfolio. They look at numbers and thats it. And you cant really blame them...thats their core business and responsibilty to their shareholders comes before any Milan fan.

It would be amazing to have a rich and passionate owner though, no doubt. When will Abramovic be available? :lol:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I hope RedBird realizes while you don't need PSG/City level of spending, that they do have to invest if we want to have any chance of competing on all fronts. They've said as much before that you don't need to spend crazy amounts to win, which is correct, and us fans just need to see at what level they will invest. Like Elliot? Or will they give Maldini what he needs?
If anything PSG/City format shows that you can spend a crazy amount but it wount be enough to win. PSG could cut 50% of their expenses and would still achieve the same results they did in the last 5 years.

Though there is no denying you need a certain amount of money. So a helthy transfer budget with being smart could do wonders.

FrE4k

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
It don't really bothers me nothing about Maldini's interview, he is on point with everything that he said...either you invest and be competitive in Europe (since in Italy you already are) or you sell make profit and going back to banter era, that's it plain and simple...same goes for mentioning the renewals, he is saying from position of power, if your plan is this club to be success it's going to be under my conditions with more or less "normal transfer budget" or you'll have the whole fan base against you and swim into uncertainties that will follow by not giving me a new contract...in my eyes he is "the face of the curva" right now (even though they were not in the best relations back in the days)...everything for the love of Milan...

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Guroud Origi duo confirmed.

Divock is destined to be this year's Giroud/Ibra i.e. only 100% guaranteed to happen transfer.

However, what we really want to know is who will be accompanying him now that Ibra can't be counted on...Scamacca, CDK or Belotti?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
More and more excuse,you 2 or 3 should open politic party,i just cant belive it.

maldini just told there is no respect from elliot and they didnt put any money but still some here says lets wait and see.
Well, where's your invitation to go riot in front of Casa Milan?

But, on a more serious note: Everyone deals with shit as they deem the most adequate. I don't see brk, Sam, Pingu or whoever trying to force you to be more patient or to tune a bit down from your angry internet persona. You on the other hand are ridiculing and kinda cursing everyone who doesn't join your doom and gloom mood and instead is trying to reason and understand what's happening in a more calm and thoughtful way.

Why do you desperately want us to join your misery and pessimism? Can't you just accept that some of us deal differently than you with this?

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Elliot is gone. Maldini said the truth. He said HE ONLY WORKS FOR A WINNING PROJECT.

If Paolo stays we're ok. Lets wait 2, 3 more weeks.

But yes, ge said Elliot and AD have no respect.

No sane person who pays 1.8 bln for Milan will let Maldini go. To earn value you need results.

Maldini has contacts with players and now he asks for money. Good public move.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I understand Maldini's frustrations, his task would be made infinitely easier with more investment

But Milan has to become self-sufficient, it simply must if it is to remain elite. The club cannot live and die with the whims of the owner, it must be elite no matter what happens similar to Bayern

So either you convince say a Dubai to purchase the club or you continue down this path and hope with the stadium you can crack 600m in revenue and be elite for decades

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Elliot is gone. Maldini said the truth. He said HE ONLY WORKS FOR A WINNING PROJECT.

If Paolo stays we're ok. Lets wait 2, 3 more weeks.

But yes, ge said Elliot and AD have no respect.

No sane person who pays 1.8 bln for Milan will let Maldini go. To earn value you need results.

Maldini has contacts with players and now he asks for money. Good public move.
I think Elliott/Redbird just assumed that since they signaled that Maldini will always be part of the project that it's all going to be ok. Maldini just said, hold on, you need to give me guarantees about investments and the budget or else i'm not going to stay. I don't think they expected him to go out publicly and make that threat, but Maldini had an opportunity to raise the stakes and he took it. He won't have a better opportunity to do so, right after winning the title and right before the new owners publicly build their narrative. Maldini just showed them the level he (and by extension the players and the fans) want Milan to be at. RedBird has to match that ambition now or else they're the bad guys.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[...]

So either you convince say a Dubai to purchase the club or you continue down this path and hope with the stadium you can crack 600m in revenue and be elite for decades

It wouldn't be self sustained with Dubais neither. The moment the sugar daddy decides to pull the plug and walk away all the shady cousins, brothers, tousist offices and whatever vehicles used to sponsor the training grounds with 100M per year while the actual market value is 10M would be gone with them.

But other than that I agree with you.

The Elliott way brought us to where we are, and many clubs in Europe are looking and studying our model already. In my eyes winning Scudetto has always been a stepping stone to the next phase of da Plan. Even Maldini last year literally said that it will take 2-3 consecutive CL years to consolidate our financial growth and start to financially compe with the big ones.

So I hope this interview really was more aimed to make Redbird clear that they better are here to continue this path of growth and not to moneyball us into the next Atalanta. And if Redbird was smart - and I guess they are - that's the plan to begin with, because there are way more cheaper clubs around than a 1,8B investment if they don't intend to aim high.

Last edited:

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The interview was beautiful, it cleared up a lot of assumptions from the fans side and let us into the backstage of the past three years. It does make us a little anxious how little we know about the sale or the possible new owners, and we have to patiently wait for this sale to go through. But this isnt anything new, that information would always be above Maldinis pay grade.

On the other hand it did give us a little insight on the market. Most of us assumed deals like Botman and Renato were really close, but the only assurance we got was for Origi. Basically we dont know anything, and Maldini knows very little about the future

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
I understand Maldini's frustrations, his task would be made infinitely easier with more investment

But Milan has to become self-sufficient, it simply must if it is to remain elite. The club cannot live and die with the whims of the owner, it must be elite no matter what happens similar to Bayern

But you see... he's not asking ownership to give us the money to use, never has.
He's asking the ownership for permission to use the funds already IN Milan to buy players.
The permission for using those funds in Milan's own bank account has always been the hold up for everything.

Our debt level is 4% of our entire club's equity, and if I remember correctly, we don't owe any external financers anything.
We are literally playing with house money right now, but the main issue has always been that we need to ask Papa Singer for permission to do everything.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Divock is destined to be this year's Giroud/Ibra i.e. only 100% guaranteed to happen transfer.

However, what we really want to know is who will be accompanying him now that Ibra can't be counted on...Scamacca, CDK or Belotti?

… its Giroud. Giroud is under contract for one more year.

Origi/Giroud.

Really really doubt they go for a third.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But you see... he's not asking ownership to give us the money to use, never has.
He's asking the ownership for permission to use the funds already IN Milan to buy players.
The permission for using those funds in Milan's own bank account has always been the hold up for everything.

Our debt level is 4% of our entire club's equity, and if I remember correctly, we don't owe any external financers anything.
We are literally playing with house money right now, but the main issue has always been that we need to ask Papa Singer for permission to do everything.
Our squad costs next season are expected to be around 40%. Maldini is asking for this to be a little higher, somewhere in the region of %50 or even %55, is my guess.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: Ryo

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I think Elliott/Redbird just assumed that since they signaled that Maldini will always be part of the project that it's all going to be ok. Maldini just said, hold on, you need to give me guarantees about investments and the budget or else i'm not going to stay. I don't think they expected him to go out publicly and make that threat, but Maldini had an opportunity to raise the stakes and he took it. He won't have a better opportunity to do so, right after winning the title and right before the new owners publicly build their narrative. Maldini just showed them the level he (and by extension the players and the fans) want Milan to be at. RedBird has to match that ambition now or else they're the bad guys.
Perfectly put 👏

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
… its Giroud. Giroud is under contract for one more year.

Origi/Giroud.

Really really doubt they go for a third.
Rebic out - Belotti in.

OENCtlU_d.webp

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn't be self sustained with Dubais neither. The moment the sugar daddy decides to pull the plug and walk away all the shady cousins, brothers, tousist offices and whatever vehicles used to sponsor the training grounds with 100M per year while the actual market value is 10M would be gone with them.

But other than that I agree with you.

The Elliott way brought us to where we are, and many clubs in Europe are looking and studying our model already. In my eyes winning Scudetto has always been a stepping stone to the next phase of da Plan. Even Maldini last year literally said that it will take 2-3 consecutive CL years to consolidate our financial growth and start to financially competing with the big ones.

So I hope this interview really was more aimes to make Redbird clear that they better are here to continue this path if growth and not to mineyball us into the next Atalanta. And if Redbird was smart - and I guess they are - that's the plan to begin with, because there are way more cheaper clubs around than a 1,8B investment if they don't intend to aim high.
Oh for sure the club would burn in a sugar daddy model over time, we just lived through it. At least we'd have some glory along the way though

I'm not too knowledgeable about Milan's finances specifically, if you have some documents please share. But the club spent ~80m last summer and isn't regularly breaking even, so I assume it's operating close to full capacity

If the funds are "frozen", I assume it's because Elliot has been weighing bids for the past few months

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Our squad costs next season are expected to be around 40%. Maldini is asking for this to be a little higher, somewhere in the region of %50 or even %55, is my guess.
And probably a little more leeway with transfer fees.
Probably doesn't want to miss out on his first choice targets by a few million Euros.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paolo Maldini gave a very interesting and long interview to the microphones of La Gazzetta dello Sport as he discussed multiple topics.

Perhaps what caught the attention of many readers are his words about the renewal and not being called to the table even for simple discussions with club owners Elliott Management Corporation (full interview HERE).

Now, as reported by Corriere dello Sport, the American hedge fund have held talks in the last few hours with the former legendary captain of the red and black faithful in order to reach an agreement for a contract renewal. RedBird, for their part, appreciate Paolo Maldini’s work and his role should be confirmed with them as well in case the purchase of the club successfully goes through
Do you have the source for this? Can't seem to find it

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh for sure the club would burn in a sugar daddy model over time, we just lived through it. At least we'd have some glory along the way though

I'm not too knowledgeable about Milan's finances specifically, if you have some documents please share. But the club spent ~80m last summer and isn't regularly breaking even, so I assume it's operating close to full capacity

If the funds are "frozen", I assume it's because Elliot has been weighing bids for the past few months
We're actually on a really good trajectory, financially. Our squad costs as a percentage of revenue is reaching levels that we haven't seen in ages, and are well within the range of profitable clubs. We just need revenue to be a bit higher and we'll be operating at a profit.

Don't look at how much we spend in a transfer window, that's a very incomplete way of looking at things. Looking at the annual squad costs is better. We can probably spend around 70-80m to get Origi, Botman, Renato and a RW and a few other players (while selling our remaining fodder). It's all very possible and also within the parameters that Elliott have set. That makes me slightly confused about why Maldini thinks he needs assurances. Either he thinks the plan is at risk of being downgraded, or he thinks we need to seriously raise the level of investment to compete in the CL.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini himself told between sell and buys in 3 fucking years he spended 75 mil.
That is joke my friends and showes how elliot and redshit will work.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We're actually on a really good trajectory, financially. Our squad costs as a percentage of revenue is reaching levels that we haven't seen in ages, and are well within the range of profitable clubs. We just need revenue to be a bit higher and we'll be operating at a profit.

Don't look at how much we spend in a transfer window, that's a very incomplete way of looking at things. Looking at the annual squad costs is better. We can probably spend around 70-80m to get Origi, Botman, Renato and a RW and a few other players (while selling our remaining fodder). It's all very possible and also within the parameters that Elliott have set. That makes me slightly confused about why Maldini thinks he needs assurances. Either he thinks the plan is at risk of being downgraded, or he thinks we need to seriously raise the level of investment to compete in the CL.
Elliot has one parameter,dont spend non or close to non,read maldini words about january mercato.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Expenses, including transfer fees and operational costs, are all included in money spent by the club in the balance sheets.
The reason why the club isn't breaking even is because after all of our expenses throughout the year, our revenues aren't enough to cover those expenses.

That said, the so-called 80M spent last summer is purely net Transfer profit/losses.
Those Transfer expenses would already have been included in the total money spent by the club for that year.

Basically the easiest way to explain it would be

257M Revenues for the season (Gate Receipts, Sponsor money, merchandise income, Prize money etc)
- 80M Transfer expenses
- 193M Operating costs for the season
= -16M Net Profit (Loss) for the season.

Figures are based on the numbers we have currently from Forbes, but I don't think it takes into account Prize money from Scudetto win/CL qualification/TV money that has not yet been distributed. It probably also doesn't include the bonuses for players for winning the Scudetto.
In the end, once everything is calculated, it is highly likely we will end 2021/22 season on a Net Profit.

Also note that this is simplified since I didn't do amortization of transfer expenses and stuff.
I'm seriously dumbing all the calculations down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule