The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbySwizz

Primavera
Reaction score
Not saying he’s a bad player but those are probably the WORST highlights I’ve ever seen :lol::fp:
:lol:
Definitely wasn't pretty. But Moncada has an eye on him. I honestly didn't even watch the whole video before posting

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
I forgive carlo for not winning more than 1 scudetto. It was the height of moggi and juve.
But then again, he couldn’t even win one when he was at JUVE, with Moggi! :proud:

(Just joking, I love Carletto)

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
But then again, he couldn’t even win one when he was at JUVE, with Moggi! :proud:

(Just joking, I love Carletto)
Moggi probably resorted to Calciopoli when he saw what our team can do in 2003-04 :D

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think Kalulu is at his best at CB. If we want to upgrade Calabria, I'd rather we get someone else, rather than push Kalulu there full-time.
Davide is a late bloomer. He is No1 choice at the moment. But if we get and interduce Botman/Bremer to first 11, Pioli can't keep Kalulu on the bench

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
F2XEZKMG1BB7VQI.jpg
Sod lod used to freak out when somebody posts this picture. Same as welsey when he sees Skylar from breaking bad.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
:fp:
For the last time....Pep, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi etc all profited from a series of extraordinary circumstances and from all being in the barca system for 2 decades.
Take Guardiola out of Barca and he can't win the CL
Take Messi out of Barca and you begin to see his real level. Fantastic player but he really doesn't walk on water like he seemed to at Barca.
Off-the-ball movement is very very important in football and it just so happened that the three best passers in the world played together.
Pep also benefited from inheriting Rijkaard's / ronaldinho's very successful team AND the best spanish players in history (won the World Cup and Euro)
I have no idea why you and Wild are this silly about Pep.

I'm going to roflmfao if Pep loses 2022-2023 with fucking Erling Haaland :o
Bro its 2022… you need to stop obsessing over the goat messi. Writing paragraphs over a player you despise doesn’t make sense.

Messi has surpassed R9, you need to move on

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hes not a bad player, but his attitude really need some work. He find himself too good in Belgium he said.
Maybe in Milan and a new environment can calm him a bit

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Messi scored header in 2009. Zlatan left after 2009-10. Messi scored a long range goal vs United in 2011.
Didn't read what argument was for but just stating the facts.

Wrong that was in 2008/2009 Messi header. Ibra then went to Barca after that, they lost to inter who won the treble. 2010/2011 ibra return to win scudetto at Milan and Barca beat United again. Eto was the CF when Messi scored that header.

But yeah obviously it was a good decision to drop ibra from Messi at striker. Idk how someone could argue against that lol
My mistake.. its been such a long time

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Kalulu is at his best at CB. If we want to upgrade Calabria, I'd rather we get someone else, rather than push Kalulu there full-time.
I think kalulu should stay CB too for the most part.

Kalulu is def the better player but I’m not even sure if he’s a better rb than Calabria right now. I know that will tick some people off but I think Davide is undervalued here. Both he and Theo(improved defending a lot) were also part of that crazy title run defensive stats.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
Man...Botman, Sanches, CDK, Lang, Origi - the perfect mercato. Dare I to dream?

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think kalulu should stay CB too for the most part.

Kalulu is def the better player but I’m not even sure if he’s a better rb than Calabria right now. I know that will tick some people off but I think Davide is undervalued here. Both he and Theo(improved defending a lot) were also part of that crazy title run defensive stats.
Calabria is our captain and player with quality. He and Theo are part of best defence in the league.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
He plays, AM, LW, SS. He is not a striker in the sense of a CF, and he lacks pace.
He is a not a 40mil player, in the entire beer league there is no 40mil player.
damn.. dont want him then if joyrider doesn’t approve

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mancini is finished. He should quit after WC disaster. Man, he can't choose 11 players with real quality
He's getting young players ready, he's building for the next tournament, you get that right? Germany are trying to figure out themselves before the World Cup. Italy isn't going.

I think Mancini has done a great job with Italy. If Jorginho just scores that penalty (or was it two?) the entire narrative around Mancini would be completely different. He had so many injuries against Macedonia, and that was such a fluke loss. Also, if Berardi wasn't a bum, they would have beat Macedonia. I think they would have lost Portugal, probably, who knows?

These are friendlies, Mancini has to experiment, he's playing Serie B players, 18-year-olds, trying to figure things out. I think if Italy returns to its former place, Mancini's work will be a huge part of that, he's done a surprisingly good job, he's really surprised me. I never rated him before, but I think he's done difficult and necessary work that Italy wasn't going to do.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messias has a better output than Zaniolo in Serie A for a tiny fraction of the price. Nothing wrong with pulling the trigger and seeing where it leads. We could probably even cover some of the costs for that with dry-loaning Saele.

Messias cannot be fist choice RW though.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Mancini is finished. He should quit after WC disaster. Man, he can't choose 11 players with real quality
he just lucked out once, it has always been obvious he's good at nothing but picking players. He cares about dying his hair more than anything else, Sarri was right about him. And he's never been known for developing young players, so I don't know why he's at the helm still.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I was kidding.

Yes, he actually said it. He gave this long interview with Rio Ferdinand where he said that the CL was the priority over the league.

I don't think Carlo is the GOAT. I think the GOAT would probably be someone more revolutionary. Sacchi maybe, Rinus maybe, Sebes is underrated, I don't have a strong opinion on managers being ranked, I look at manager discussions more in a tiered system, because Sir Alex is great, but he's not a GOAT.

My annoyance with Pep is that excuses given to him. Carlo isn't perfect, and I find the apologetics by pundits who used to shit on him before winning this CL to be hilarious. I think Carlo is a great manager, I just find the insane excuses given to Pep to be maddening. Because they are not extended to any other manager.

It's similar to why I don't think Messi or CR7 are the GOAT, scoring is easier during their time, so numbers don't impress me. Like managers, I look at tiers. Messi and CR7 are in the tier just below Maradona-Pele, who I think are the two GOATs.
Pele :fp:
Have you seen the defence in his days ?
They were all Romagnolis backtracking attackers until they are in their own area.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Look beyond WhoScored. CDK will not be a striker at Milan.

You told us this time last year that OG was a bum.

I told you, he would score 10+ and bring something unique to the dressing room.

View attachment 5963

His own ambition turned out to be even greater still.
I was against him and still am cause i knew he would be a starter. Imagine thinking 11 goals in 29 matches for a striker is impressive. Especially when he has been below average in the matches he didn’t score in.
If we actually signed the type of striker I thought they would sign, ac milan would have walked the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule