The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
That makes sense, in terms of bringing in other investors. However, I do not think RedBird intents to "flip us" in a few years. Rather, I think they are trying to build something.
Earning money from the club doesn't necessarily mean they need to flip it.
It can also be a fixed return on their investments, like an interest rate return of say 5 to 10% of profits every season, plus added bonus payouts if the club achieve additional financial goals/earn trophies on the pitch.

I mean, Lebron James invested in Liverpool, I'm pretty damn sure he's not waiting for Fenway to "flip" them.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Also there will be the debut in the world #Milan for Yacine #Adli
@MilanNewsit

Adli on Monday #Nextweek

72bca.jpg

did he sign a french cam just to bully, for his own amusement? or does the fact that adli looks like the geico caveman mean paolo will be nice to him

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Fighting for a starting spot against Kjaer, Kalulu, and maybe Gabbia on a squad that just won Scudetto might be a more attractive destination than Lazio? And Lazio isn’t exactly breaking the bank of him in terms of salaries.

I’m just guessing here, has nothing to do with him owing us anything.
I think he wants to get on the NT. If so, he has a better chance as a starter at Lazio then sitting on the bench at Milan (scudetto or not).

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
72bca.jpg

did he sign a french cam just to bully, for his own amusement? or does the fact that adli looks like the geico caveman mean paolo will be nice to him
Only way Paolo gonna be nice is if he grows to be more manly like Fellaini :o

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
72bca.jpg

Adli runs like a bobblehead and has an almost negative pupillary distance.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It will be pretty sweet to see Adli at Milanello. Seems like someone everyone will forget inbetween the ruckus of the mercato, only to be one of the rookies of the season in Serie A next year.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he wants to get on the NT. If so, he has a better chance as a starter at Lazio then sitting on the bench at Milan (scudetto or not).
Maybe. I still don’t think starter spot is completely out of reach for him.

Kalulu is his only real competition. Kjaer just came back from a serious injury and Gabbia is likely leaving on loan. On top of that, we are playing in 3 competitions so there should be plenty of game time to go around. Though Lazio and their play style might be more suitable so he doesn’t get exposed as much.

I don’t feel particularly attached though I just think it could be a mutually beneficial solution for both parties and let us focus our funds in more pressing positions

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Elliott willing to lend Cardinale money if he can't find other investors points to their confidence in him, and also, that they think his plan for Milan is credible, doable, and realistic. They also stand to make more money if Cardinale succeeds.
Wait. I thought Elliott's strategy is to hope that RedBird fails so they can get back the club (like they did with the Chinese fraud). At least, that's what the financial experts on this site have been saying ...

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Florenzi is the announcement that confirms (even though we already knew) that Kalulu is not only mainly CB now but one of the main CBs..
Kjaer's injury + the calm of management not to panic buy, unveiled a Diamond.
You cant panic buy when they tell you there is no money to spend - you can only panic look

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Panic with option to look

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, when it comes to sports teams, things are weird. But it isn't abnormal--I feel like the timelines would be very different if you wanted to buy other kinds of companies.

Elliott willing to lend Cardinale money if he can't find other investors points to their confidence in him, and also, that they think his plan for Milan is credible, doable, and realistic. They also stand to make more money if Cardinale succeeds.

There's another way to look at this: this is Elliott taking on a partner to help them realize the full potential of their asset. They've gotten their huge return, and they're having Cardinale buy-in to make money, he has the expertise, they have capital, and if he can get some of his own, great, they have more cash, if not, they obviously believe in him enough to lend him money. It's a huge vote-of-confidence in him.

How much control Ranadive wants? I dunno. How much can he even get, if he wanted it? I dunno. Maybe that was part of the conflict with Maldini's contract? Who knows?

The only way we'll know absent bombshell reporting or massive leaks, is with time, unfortunately.
Damn it's so great having someone like you here. Appreciate your expertise 👍🏻👍🏻

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Without Maldini, without Milan, without Ibra, Leao is just another talented kid who can't put it all together.

City can activate it all they want, it's up to Leao to take it or not.

I don't think Sterling and Gabriel are rotational, if they are, then who is the starting LW? I think Grealish and Foden are their starting LWs, and with Haaland there, Mahrez being extended, with Alvarez coming in, who can play as a RW or ST, I'm sure they'll bring in another winger, but, I think there's a good reason to turn City down.

At the end of the day, it's up to Leao. However, now that I've offered my crying theory, I expect the rest of the board to treat it as a fait accompli.
Leao cant handle Pep.
He is 70min then done playing for a team that run for him.
In City they wont do that for him & he need to carry his bags so playing their style he wont last 45min.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
You forget we can always panic loan

View attachment 6906
Facts :proud:

I commented about this a few times previously though - Maldini shutting down the rumours with his comments was a master stroke and Kalulu's belief and emergence is truly glorious.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That makes sense, in terms of bringing in other investors. However, I do not think RedBird intents to "flip us" in a few years. Rather, I think they are trying to build something.

I think their time-frame is massively longer than Elliotts to begin with. But I don't think Redbird sees himself as Milan owner for the next 10ish years. But as Sam said, we'll only know with time.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe. I still don’t think starter spot is completely out of reach for him.

Kalulu is his only real competition. Kjaer just came back from a serious injury and Gabbia is likely leaving on loan. On top of that, we are playing in 3 competitions so there should be plenty of game time to go around. Though Lazio and their play style might be more suitable so he doesn’t get exposed as much.

I don’t feel particularly attached though I just think it could be a mutually beneficial solution for both parties and let us focus our funds in more pressing positions
Roma is too slow to be a starter for us (Kalulu is ahead of him now), and without regular playing time he is likely to regress. So I don't see him staying, not the best option for either party. FWIW, I don't see us investing a lot of money for CB, but some of the players we are looking at now can cover two roles, which means they are more likely to get playing time even if they are lower in the pecking order.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Status
Not open for further replies.