The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Speaking to Gazzetta Dello Sport, as cited by MilanNews, former Milan manager Arrigo Sacchi was asked what the biggest pitfall is for the Rossoneri this upcoming season. He named Milan themselves, highlighting success syndrome.

“The most dangerous enemy for Milan is… Milan. After such a beautiful and sensational season, the success syndrome is always around the corner. Look what happened to Italy after the Euros. With such a young squad, enthusiasm is easy but also depression. The manager will have to be good at maintaining that team spirit that was the first propellant,”
Eh this is the wrong way to look at it

Often times when young teams achieve success they get this aura of confidence and winners, it's not a bad thing. The important thing would be for management to continue reinforcing the side and continuing to create competition within

BobbySwizz

Primavera
Reaction score
Other players that outperformed the combined g+a (17) of Messias (5g2a), Saelemaekers (1g3a) and Brahim (3g3a):

PlayerG+AMinutes in Serie A
Ciro Immobile292,711
Domenico Berardi292,819
Lautaro Martínez242,282
Giovanni Simeone222,653
Tammy Abraham213,084
Rafael Leão212,605
Sergej Milinković-Savić213,100
Dušan Vlahović191,857
Edin Džeko192,469
Mario Pašalić192,002
Gianluca Caprari192,739
Lorenzo Insigne192,290
Hakan Çalhanoğlu192,480
Gerard Deulofeu182,616
João Pedro173,323
Luis Muriel171,539
Antonio Candreva173,119
Gianluca Scamacca162,146
Victor Osimhen161,983
Marko Arnautović152,694
Andrea Pinamonti152,869
Antonín Barák152,340
Paulo Dybala152,061

He wasn't some unique flower. Most players that are the creative hubs of their teams end up with the same sort of g+a total, players like Caprari, Deulofeu, Joao Pedro, Simeone and Candreva. Btw, Dybala has 15 g+a in Serie A, not 17. He did play a bit less than most of them, the average for this bunch of players is 2,512 minutes, and Dybala is 451 minutes under that, or 5 full 90s. All data from fbref.

Surely Caprari is the answer to our woes, right?? :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
1656870012403.png

Last summers signings. @Qaas thought this team was going nowhere, instead it won a Scudetto.

Only one certified flop: Bakayoko.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Anyone with a half a brain could have built a decent challenging squad during our banter era like getting pjanic allan zielinski for dirt cheap. But nah, we went for bertolacci and other fodders
To his credit, Galliani did negotiate for Nainggolan, Jorginho, Strootman, Allan etc. I blame Fininvest more for not giving him funds. Whatever little they gave him, he wasted it on fodder like Traore and Matri.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To his credit, Galliani did negotiate for Nainggolan, Jorginho, Strootman, Allan etc. I blame Fininvest more for not giving him funds. Whatever little they gave him, he wasted it on fodder like Traore and Matri.
We walked from Nainggolan negotiations because they asked for Cristante :proud:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Allan went for 16 radja for cheap too, not one of them you named went for over 20 m iirc . He splashed 20 on berto

Papa_midnight

Primavera
Reaction score
"Egotistical primadonnas" is just a fluffy word some of you apply on certain players. Ibra's been called similar things during his whole career and won everywhere he's went, and the same with CR who's scored more than anyone and won CL a gazillion times.

Neymar is one of the best players in the world and probably the most talented, you don't become that good without being a great professional in training and games. He's been great in Barcelona, PSG and the Brazilian NT, suddenly he's gonna come to Milan and ruin everything? Please.

Only reason why Neymar won't be coming here is financial, other than that Maldini would have been all over him.
Primadonnas are only applied to players they don't like. Zlatan is a cunt, but he is at Milan so it does not matter. Honestly I think one of the reasons that Neymar is so hated is because of the English media. These commentators talk down on PSG but can look at their poorly run clubs. I really hate these bastards. Bring Ney, all his team mates love him, the only people that don't like the is English pricks

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Allan went for 16 radja for cheap too, not one of them you named went for over 20 m iirc . He splashed 20 on berto
Galliani saw Bertolacci's goal vs us at San Siro and thought he was getting the next Iniesta probably :D

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Yoko barely played, how could you call him a fly? Brahim on the other hand ... he seems a nice lad but he needs to go back to Madrid.
At least Brahim had a smoking start to the season, what followed could be characterized as flopping. Yoko was brought in to be a rock during AFCON but turned out a huge liability every time he stepped on the pitch.

Same could be said for FBT, but he had injuries and was so so cheap.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar is a top player but he will have to reduce his salary to something like 1/3rd for us to afford him. Plus his best role is LW where our current best player plays, hence no urgency to break the bank for that role. But he is talented enough to play any role in attack. But then he has had a huge number of injuries recently - not a good omen with current state of Milan Lab.
If Neymar comes with an 7-8 million salary, ready to play RW or ST or AM and will be paid on basis of number of appearances, then he is the perfect signing - would be the best player in our kit since 2007 Kaka'. But really don't think he will agree to such a huge pay cut.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
So Napoli which won nothing, and bought Maradona for a world record fee, in 1984, before Berlusconi? Not gonna address that? Hm?

5 years of sporting failure means that 2 CLs and having Italy's first superstar player for 2 decades before means that Milan was a small club like PSG? Lol.

I don't think you understand my point, nor do I think you even know what you are arguing against. Money has always been in football, escalations happen though.

Berlusconi didn't even start the rise of Italy or money in Italy, industrialists were funding teams before Berlusconi. The Agnellis were more powerful than him, and they had a team called Juve.

I'm at a loss. Especially with Wild thinking this is about just spending money and who is spending it, lol.
Money does dominate sports, it has for some time. My grandmother grew up in Vercelli and her brother used to hang around players from the Pro Vercelli team, when that team was dominating Serie A. She always used to complain about how money was ruining calcio and a small team no longer a had chance. Now things are 10x worse than when she was around.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pietro Mazzara:
There is no intention / will on the part of Simon #Kjaer to leave #Milan nor, least of all, the Rossoneri want to deprive themselves of one of the undisputed leaders of the dressing room. Simon will be at Milanello tomorrow for his first day of work

@MilanNewsit

No shit.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Project: Peanut Reloaded

Oedipus… is this a brraaap moment?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
La Repubblica, fairly reliable:

Milan have chosen PSG's Abdou Diallo as their new centre-back. The player has asked to leave the French club and Milan are ready to negotiate a loan with option to buy deal.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That's not true. All of the errors are because there's a grand conspiracy to give Milan the title. That's why goalkeepers and defenders kept passing us the ball. That's what I read on on FIF, they're demanding an investigation.
I saw one of these mentalists in a comment section earlier today - first time I've seen it.

They think the final stretch of games was a grand conspiracy. :yikes:

They don't ever mention the extremely favourable calls they got and the fact we were robbed of at least 5 points by bad officiating.

Interestingly, with those points from those games, we'd have got like 94 points, more than Inter last year. :yikes: I know it doesn't work like that but still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule